PDA

View Full Version : vote with your feet

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
just dont go until there is change.i wont be back until it has been changed.

MSK
05-11-2011, 08:15 PM
just dont go until there is change.i wont be back until it has been changed.Thats already happening though...

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2011, 08:16 PM
There's about 4,500 already beaten you to that idea.

edwards
05-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Personally I agree with you but I haven't been back for ages due to work commitments, today was the first time in ages I have had a free week but deep down I had a gut feeling things wouldn't go for us today.
If we are going to put someone else in place it has to be now as he will need time before January to decide how he is going to sort this defence out.
Definately not going back until Calderwood goes I have had enough. :boo hoo:

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
There's about 4,500 already beaten you to that idea.

aye and another 4,500 who have not

MSK
05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
aye and another 4,500 who have notAye ..lets bankrupt the club we love ...behave eh ..

Godsahibby
05-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I left at half time during the Motherwell game and haven't been back, I'm a season ticket holder so the club have already got my money for this year. My loss, however if things don't change I change, the club wont only lose out on the walk up fans net year, the season ticket holders will not be re-newing.

With the recent losses posted and going by the responses I have got when email the club the board must have some serious concerns.

AGM will be very interesting!

cocopops1875
05-11-2011, 08:26 PM
It's easy to say stop going but i have paid my 400quid so do you suggest just writing that off ?

bob12345
05-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Aye ..lets bankrupt the club we love ...behave eh ..

Short term loss for long term gain? Getting 7/8000 all season means we are losing tens of thousands in attendances anyway from what's been budgeted for. The big question is whether people boycotting will actually lead to action...

staunchhibby
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
The club already has my money as i am season ticket holder.Can we sue them under the sale of goods.The board have sold us a faulty promise.

jabis
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM

so you obviously don't SUPPORT Hibs,why should we listen to you ?

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:28 PM

oh well you keep going...enjoy.the club we love has been shafting us for years

jabis
05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
The club already has my money as i am season ticket holder.Can we sue them under the sale of goods.The board have sold us a faulty promise.

staunchibby..........have a look at your name :agree:

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
so you obviously don't SUPPORT Hibs,why should we listen to you ?

i support hibs of course i ****ing do,do i support the tache or calderwood or this team then no i dont,i will spend my saturdays not freezing my baws off watching that pish....of course its just my own opinion you keep spending your money on hibs while they see every decent asset we have ever had and replacing it with sub standard bollocks,if thats supporting hibs then im out

jabis

oooooooohhhhhh we lost a game,get a grip !

Reaper
I have voted with my feet since the last we played at home to Hamilton last season. Since that I've been slated and seen posts slating people like me since it's happened. As one posters says, 'lets bankrupt the club we love by staying away?'. I disagree with that, whilst it's each individuals choice to protest the way they see fit. Going every week or not going every week the board have made it abundently clear they don't give a **** about the fans. Whilst he had longer at the helm, in my opinion, Yogi done less wrong than CC and was sacked, which I believe was the right decision. So what is going to make the board take that decision with CC? In my opinion not going. So I haven't been and won't be back until he's gone. I feel sad for that and I miss Hibs but it's too far down the road now and if I went back that last few months have been pointless.

I just hope it changes for the better soon, whether that's with or without CC.

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:33 PM
It's easy to say stop going but i have paid my 400quid so do you suggest just writing that off ?

yup

MSK
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
oh well you keep going...enjoy.the club we love has been shafting us for yearsI will ..ta

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Bankrupt?

Its clear that clubs in Scotland are aloud to get £**,***,*** in debt and nothing will happen to them. So I wouldn't worry about us going bankrupt.

Besides, the only people that would cause the club to go bankrupt are the board. And losses have already begun.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Berating the supporters that PATG for saying that they have doubts about going is pointless. The support is falling away in thousands, not just the odd punter hear and there. In the run up to the festive period where pennies are harder to find, emotional blackmail is not just not the answer, it is no answer at all.

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
It does not work RP And the board dont care if we go or not that plan does not work, its better to go and protest an empty seat has no vote.:flag::flag:

Haggis Hibby
05-11-2011, 08:38 PM

STUPID IDEA..... be a supporter,,,, keep the finances coming into the club so that this or the next manager has money to spend in Jan...

Im not saying accept the rubbish on show just do it after the game

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I will ..ta

well enjoy then like i said just my opinion we are all hibbies afterall, but i will enjoy my saturdays a lot more than you from now on and i can guarantee that.but well done for being an uber fan

ps...im no quite sure what an uber fan is but ive seen it banded about a few times haha

cocopops1875
05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
yup

sh**e answer

jabis
05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
i support hibs of course i ****ing do,do i support the tache or calderwood or this team then no i dont,i will spend my saturdays not freezing my baws off watching that pish....of course its just my own opinion you keep spending your money on hibs while they see every decent asset we have ever had and replacing it with sub standard bollocks,if thats supporting hibs then im out

Aaaaahhhhhh,a "fan"that has the "right"to slag off the team "it's my right,I pay my money etc".....I feel your pain.....infact every time you boo the team,instead of supporting it............we havn't won at home in ages........yeah,our HOME support is made up of a bunch of moaning minnies.
nothing personal,but it pee's me off,bad result,,I can live with,booing the team......unaceptable !

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
STUPID IDEA..... be a supporter,,,, keep the finances coming into the club so that this or the next manager has money to spend in Jan...

Im not saying accept the rubbish on show just do it after the game

But by turning up, you pretty much are accepting it.

The hibs board works on balance sheets. They don't care if Hibs don't get results on the field, as long as they see results on the balance sheets.

I say, hit them hard and force them to act. Otherwise its just going to be the same old cycle thats been doing the rounds for the last several years.

staunchhibby
05-11-2011, 08:46 PM
supported hibs through the good and the bad times but this lot are driving the fans away.

MSK
05-11-2011, 08:47 PM
well enjoy then like i said just my opinion we are all hibbies afterall, but i will enjoy my saturdays a lot more than you from now on and i can guarantee that.but well done for being an uber fan

ps...im no quite sure what an uber fan is but ive seen it banded about a few times hahaUberfan ..?..You call me an uberfan but you dont actually know what it means .....put the alcopops down kid & away tae yer bed ..:aok:

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 08:48 PM
It's easy to say stop going but i have paid my 400quid so do you suggest just writing that off ?I'm no going tae get involved in an argument about telling people whether or no tae go tae games, that's their choice and so it should be but I'd be interested tae know what you think it is your getting for your 400 quid now that's worth having as opposed tae it already being written off. I already consider mine tae be written off (wasted) on another dire season whether I bother tae go or not.

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Aaaaahhhhhh,a "fan"that has the "right"to slag off the team "it's my right,I pay my money etc".....I feel your pain.....infact every time you boo the team,instead of supporting it............we havn't won at home in ages........yeah,our HOME support is made up of a bunch of moaning minnies.
nothing personal,but it pee's me off,bad result,,I can live with,booing the team......unaceptable !

Its not as if we're having the odd bad day though. :rolleyes:

Its been going on for years!

The fans aren't booing the club itself, they're booing the men in charge of making things work. And they've had plenty of time to do that.

Nuitdelune
05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Must admit, I am very uncomfortable with the boo thing. Way I see it, most footballers are not blessed with very much brain--I would rather be a footballer than have a brain by the way in case you are thinking I am one of our many intellectual snobs on here who don't understand normal folk much, and so the effect of the boos, understandable as they are, is to plunge the players into more nervous cluelessness, when actually they are good at training etc. However, the job of a manager is to make them ignore this type of thing and play as they can. Trouble is Mr Calderwood cannot do this as he is like them, he gets stumbly, bumbley when it doesn't go well. A nice chap I have no doubt, but not a leader, not the grumper that you need to sort the boys. If he can't do it, how can they? Happens in any workplace.

jabis
05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Its not as if we're having the odd bad day though. :rolleyes:

Its been going on for years!

The fans aren't booing the club itself, they're booing the men in charge of making things work. And they've had plenty of time to do that.

I realise there's a lot of people,like yourself,who think...great ground.....fantastic training facilities.....WHERE THE **** IS THE LEAGUE TITLE....sadly,real life takes over.......the other SPL teams want to win too....and we are quite a big scalp !

(I take it you were'nt at the two cup wins ?)

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Uberfan ..?..You call me an uberfan but you dont actually know what it means .....put the alcopops down kid & away tae yer bed ..:aok:

aye nae bother like i said i hope you enjoy your saturdays watching that pish,and i mean that really cause if your enjoying it means we are doing well but i just cant see it myself

Godsahibby
05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm no going tae get involved in an argument about telling people whether or no tae go tae games, that's their choice and so it should be but I'd be interested tae know what you think it is your getting for your 400 quid now that's worth having as opposed tae it already being written off. I already consider mine tae be written off (wasted) on another dire season whether I bother tae go or not.

Thats the way I see it, my £400 is wasted already whether I go or not. Walked out of the Motherwell game because I was bored, I had zero interest in staying to watch the rest of the game.

Last Wednesday night I watched the Man City v Wolves game instead of our league cup game and today I was golfing. The way I look at it my £400 quid would have been even more wasted if i'd been at these games and seen what was on offer.

jazzy7070
05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I realise there's a lot of people,like yourself,who think...great ground.....fantastic training facilities.....WHERE THE **** IS THE LEAGUE TITLE....sadly,real life takes over.......the other SPL teams want to win too....and we are quite a big scalp !

(I take it you were'nt at the two cup wins ?)

win the league????who said that?????but one point off bottom,i dont think so

jabis
05-11-2011, 09:08 PM
aye nae bother like i said i hope you enjoy your saturdays watching that pish,and i mean that really cause if your enjoying it means we are doing well but i just cant see it myself

obviousy,if you don't go to support them :confused:

jabis
05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
win the league????who said that?????but one point off bottom,i dont think so

?????????who said???????????win the league?????.....I'm beng IRONIC.......................as for your last point,it does'nt matter where we are in the league,... NO hibs team should should be boo'd......................those that do......spoiled brats in my opinion .

NGH
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM

Can't disagree. In fact I think I'd go a little further and say that my enjoyment ( what little there is at present) would be vastly increased if some of our most obnoxious fans would make good on their repeated promises to stay away.

I'm more than sympathetic to the unhappiness at the way the team have been/are/will play but the level of abuse and vitriol which pours out of the stands is out of all proportion. Even if you believe that the players are poor and the team mismanaged we can't get new players until January even if we could afford it.

Relentless negativity has to a be, at the very least, a contributory factor to the poor home form and both the team and the fans would be much, much better off if more people could find it in their soul to offer support and understanding instead of abuse. Who knows, we might even see a few victories.

NGH
05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
But by turning up, you pretty much are accepting it.

The hibs board works on balance sheets. They don't care if Hibs don't get results on the field, as long as they see results on the balance sheets.

I say, hit them hard and force them to act. Otherwise its just going to be the same old cycle thats been doing the rounds for the last several years.

I simply don't believe that the owner or the board don't care about results. In fact it's a silly thing to say. If it were true it would mean they didn't really care about the balance sheet at all. As it happens I would be horrified if I found out that the board planned to run the club in a way which put its long term existence under threat. They have a responsibility to ensure that club is well run and to try and ensure that it fulfills its potential. If they fulfill this duty then the balance sheet should look after itself.

Nuitdelune
05-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Can't disagree. In fact I think I'd go a little further and say that my enjoyment ( what little there is at present) would be vastly increased if some of our most obnoxious fans would make good on their repeated promises to stay away.

I'm more than sympathetic to the unhappiness at the way the team have been/are/will play but the level of abuse and vitriol which pours out of the stands is out of all proportion. Even if you believe that the players are poor and the team mismanaged we can't get new players until January even if we could afford it.

Relentless negativity has to a be, at the very least, a contributory factor to the poor home form and both the team and the fans would be much, much better off if more people could find it in their soul to offer support and understanding instead of abuse. Who knows, we might even see a few victories.

Yes, thank you this is how it is

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
I simply don't believe that the owner or the board don't care about results. In fact it's a silly thing to say. If it were true it would mean they didn't really care about the balance sheet at all. As it happens I would be horrified if I found out that the board planned to run the club in a way which put its long term existence under threat. They have a responsibility to ensure that club is well run and to try and ensure that it fulfills its potential. If they fulfill this duty then the balance sheet should look after itself.

Thats the one thing ill give RP Respect for his Balance Sheet, empty stadium, dross on the park, crappy clueless manager ( on a cheap wage ) RP Cares not a jot about anything else. But the balance sheet.

Kaiser1962
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Thats the one thing ill give RP Respect for his Balance Sheet, empty stadium, dross on the park, crappy clueless manager ( on a cheap wage ) RP Cares not a jot about anything else. But the balance sheet.

How much does he get paid?

Row H
05-11-2011, 10:10 PM

It's a good thing hibs won't be going bankrupt anytime soon nortonhibby, unlike hearts.

Isn't that right, nortonhibby?

joebakerforever
05-11-2011, 10:23 PM
How much does he get paid?

Perhaps RP pays him by results.

So then every dark cloud has a silver lining in RP's eyes :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
05-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Each tae their ain an awe that, but how kin yi no jist vote wi yer feet instea o yer fingers likes. How dae ye huv tae *** oan here an start a threed aboot the thoosands hoov aready votied.

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 04:36 AM

Great idea, walk out on the club I love and support.

Tell you what, you do what you want and keep your ideas to yourself, rather than trying to encourage others to desert Hibs.

ozwoody
06-11-2011, 05:15 AM
The way i see it is that we have seen poor managers in the past,Miller for example,and there were times we walked out of Easter Road saying we were not going to go back and watch that crap,but we always returned the following week because we had players like Goram,O Neil,Jackson,crunchie etc who we knew could put in exciting performances and could turn a game. Do we have that now?we have sub standard players coached by a manager who looks like he has no plan "b" to fall back on if things start running away from the team.The loyalty from the fans has gone because we know that the players we have at our disposal cannot turn a game and the heads go down as soon as we fall behind.Look at us and Motherwell.....they have smaller fanbase(though that gap is closing on a weekly basis) they get a manager in who looks at the players he has,sees what they can bring to the team,and plays them in the best position for the team.We have CC who looks at players he brought in and ones he had already..........and sees nothing.On paper we have a good team....Stack is best keeper we have had in a while,O Connor is quality,Osbourne dominated last week.Imaging if someone like Mccall had a chance to mould that side?we would not be world beaters,but we would not be one point off bottom of league with one win since January.

A good manager knows the direction he wants team to take and can get the best out of the players at his disposal,a bad manager hopes for the best and tries quantity over quality.Unfortunately I think Colin falls into second catagory.

Lucius Apuleius
06-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Paul Hartley is gay. Rudi Skakel's a f'n refugee. Vladimir Romanov, he sucks Paul Hartley off. We'll support you ever more.

All lies I guess.

LeithBoozy
06-11-2011, 06:29 AM
I must admit to saying give CC more time, but it is a results based bussiness and he is just not cutting the mustard. It appears any team can turn up at ER and turn us over and he seems to be clueless how to prevent it.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 06:55 AM
My time is spent doing something I enjoy on Saturdays and it’s not watching Hibs- I decided some time ago to look after my health and get my stress level back on track.

People running Hibs couldn’t give a toss what happens to the club so why should I’ boycotts protests AGMs we’ve had them all and nothing has changed and Tuesday will be no different.

I will go back to Football when Petrie and Calderwood are gone and the product of the pitch is worth watching and not before.

That’s my stance

And Laughting at the Yams implode is the only enjoyment I get these days regarding the SPL.

hibbiedon
06-11-2011, 07:29 AM
I have followed Hibs for 49 years, not individual players. managers or chairmen as they all come and go but Hibernian Football Club.
Hibs are a major point in my life, at the lowest times in my life Hibs have always been there for me, I forget all my worries when Im watching them. Should I stop going because the present lot are not up to the standard i want ? NEVER.
I am a Hibs fan I don't have the answers to our problems, My honest opinion is that I do not think the manager is the man for the job, but he is the manager so I will always support him and his squad. I will never boo Hibs or insult our players. I know many of you will think I am sad for this attitude or name call such as happy clapper etc, but I just love my club.
The opposition fans will always jeer boo and name call our players to put them off their game, Never ask me to do that
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I have followed Hibs for 49 years, not individual players. managers or chairmen as they all come and go but Hibernian Football Club.
Hibs are a major point in my life, at the lowest times in my life Hibs have always been there for me, I forget all my worries when Im watching them. Should I stop going because the present lot are not up to the standard i want ? NEVER.
I am a Hibs fan I don't have the answers to our problems, My honest opinion is that I do not think the manager is the man for the job, but he is the manager so I will always support him and his squad. I will never boo Hibs or insult our players. I know many of you will think I am sad for this attitude or name call such as happy clapper etc, but I just love my club.
The opposition fans will always jeer boo and name call our players to put them off their game, Never ask me to do that
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I dont think your sad but you ruined it by saying "The opposition fans will always jeer boo and name call our players to put them off their game" I think your wrong because all you have to do is give them the ball that seems to have the same effect.

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 08:07 AM

Two excellent posts. :top marks

Re the bit in bold; They remind me a bit of the character "Spoilt Bastrd" in the Viz magazine.

down the slope
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM

It's not the fans who are bankrupting the club it's the clowns who are running us and taking a fat salary , if you continue to go to games they will still believe that everything is wonderful as they know absolutely nothing about football . I want my club back from the accountants and lawyers who are destroying it, time for them to go.

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 08:12 AM
It's not the fans who are bankrupting the club it's the clowns who are running us and taking a fat salary , if you continue to go to games they will still believe that everything is wonderful as they know absolutely nothing about football . I want my club back from the accountants and lawyers who are destroying it, time for them to go.

Buy it off them then :offski: