PDA

View Full Version : U19s win again

Sean1875
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Slight glimmer of hope during all the doom and gloom surrounding the first team. Now up to third in the table after a 2-0 win over St Mirren, the futures bright...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111105/young-team-win-again_2262950_2506810

Billy Whizz
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Great result and sets them up nicely the Derby next week

Nailrod
06-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Not that I want to rain on this parade but I seem to recall that a couple of years back we had a treble-winning under-19 side. Remind me, how many of them have broken through to the first team so far? How many of them are still at ER for that matter?

The problem for a young player is that you really have to have made the breakthrough into the top tier by the time you're 20, or you're going to miss the boat. And coming into a side as poor as Hibs have been over the past two years is as likely to ruin a youngster's career as make it.

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Not that I want to rain on this parade but I seem to recall that a couple of years back we had a treble-winning under-19 side. Remind me, how many of them have broken through to the first team so far? How many of them are still at ER for that matter?

The problem for a young player is that you really have to have made the breakthrough into the top tier by the time you're 20, or you're going to miss the boat. And coming into a side as poor as Hibs have been over the past two years is as likely to ruin a youngster's career as make it.

That's the spirit :aok: