PDA

View Full Version : Team Ratings

hibsbollah
05-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Losing at home to the Pars is unacceptable. But ive seen worse performances this season and most of the players did OK. The two strikers were abysmal, and let us down badly.

Stack 6

Hanlon 6
O'Hanlon 5
Stephens 7
Wotherspoon 7 Much better again, ran at and beat players. The final ball let him down a couple of times.

Osbourne 6 Tidy but i wish he'd impose himself a bit more when we don't have the ball

Stevenson 7 Intelligent passing, strong tackling, one mistake that nearly led to a goal but why was he subbed?

Agogo 7 Excellent first half then faded slightly.

Galbraith 6

O'Connor 3 Really, really poor. First touch workrate and passing horrible.

Griffiths 4 Some good work in deep positions but couldnt hit a barn door.

Subs
Ivan 5
Towell 3 Really, what was the point?
Sodje 3 barely touched it.

The fans are in open revolt now. Ive never heard such loud and sustained booing like that at fulltime

lucky
05-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Stack 6 had nothing to do

Hanlon 6 better than normal
O'Hanlon 5 works hard but limited
Stephens 7 decent game
Wotherspoon 7 best he played this season

Osbourne 6 why does he always go sideways

Stevenson 7 MOM should never have been taken off

Agogo 6 tries hard and there is a decent player in there

Galbraith 4 pointless contribution

O'Connor 2 rank played like he was out last night

Griffiths 2 tries hard but not convinced he is spl standard.

Subs
Ivan 5
Towell 4
Sodje 3 should have been on earlier

CC 0 just get to F***

Albion Hibs
05-11-2011, 06:21 PM
A sore one to take. I dont know if we got the team right, but conceeding another early goal between the CH and full back in the 6 yard box has me asking why our keeper does not come off his line more. I accept that that is not always possible, but we have conceeded a right few goals exactly like todays one so far this season.

Stack 5 - He did not have a great deal to do, a decent save in the first half. Biggest question is per the above.

Hanlon 6 - Some silly fouls in there half of the pitch which took a lot of the pressure of them.
O'Hanlon 5 - Another goal from in behind him.
Stephens 7 - Did very well.
Wotherspoon 5 - Some good stuff in the second half, should not take that long to get involved in the game, a big question mark over what he was doing for the goal. Acknowledge it looked like there FB that scored, but I think he needs to deal with that.

Osbourne 6 - Needs to get some more passes going through the middle rather than out wide all the time. But a decent game.

Stevenson 7 - Played well, some good passing and worked very hard.

Agogo 7 - Dont know if I would have taken him off he was the most involved of our three strikers.

Galbraith 5 - His delivery into the box is terrible, but he did try for the 90mins.

O'Connor 3 - Not good. Touch was very poor.

Griffiths 4 - Works hard and did a lot of running, frustration seems to lead to him just shooting from everywhere.

We know we cant take a throw in, it is becoming a little frustrating, how we lose the ball everytime from having one though. However, I can remember asking the question in pre-season who is going to be taking our corners and free kicks this year, we still dont appear to have an answer. We have some good height in the box when it comes to corners, we need a better ball going in. One thing we always had with Riordan was delivery and more often that not the keeper being tested from these positions.

The Voice Of Reason
05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Losing at home to the Pars is unacceptable. But ive seen worse performances this season and most of the players did OK. The two strikers were abysmal, and let us down badly.

Stack 6

Hanlon 6
O'Hanlon 5
Stephens 7
Wotherspoon 7 Much better again, ran at and beat players. The final ball let him down a couple of times.

Osbourne 6 Tidy but i wish he'd impose himself a bit more when we don't have the ball

Stevenson 7 Intelligent passing, strong tackling, one mistake that nearly led to a goal but why was he subbed?

Galbraith 6

Subs
Ivan 5

The fans are in open revolt now. Ive never heard such loud and sustained booing like that at fulltime

Wasn't at the game today, so cannot argue with your ratings.

However given what I heard on the radio and what the pundits were saying (and also having just listened to CC's interview after the game) I was expecting to see maybe a couple of passmarks at best......... however 8 out of the starting 11 with passmarks, wow that is a big shock!!!!! :confused: :confused:

I know you can be generous in your opinion of players (De Graaf for example) and as I said, I wasnt at the game today so I cannot argue with your ratings..........do you think however that you have bheen a tad generous with your ratings sir ?

ancient hibee
05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Stack-a bigger aversion to crosses than Dracula

Griffiths-could never understand the fuss about him coming-will never make it down south-has the first touch of an elephant-Dundee is his level

In between these two only Wotherspoon and Stevenson get pass marks.

The Voice Of Reason
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Stack-a bigger aversion to crosses than Dracula

Griffiths-could never understand the fuss about him coming-will never make it down south-has the first touch of an elephant-Dundee is his level

In between these two only Wotherspoon and Stevenson get pass marks.

That was more like what I was expecting to read in the ratings thread.........some posters have given the vast majority of players passmarks ! :confused:

hibsbollah
05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Wasn't at the game today, so cannot argue with your ratings. However given what I heard on the radio and what the pundits were saying (and also having just listened to CC's interview after the game) I was expecting to see maybe a couple of passmarks at best......... however 8 out of the starting 11 with passmarks, wow that is a big shock!!!!! :confused: :confused: I know you can be generous in your opinion of players (De Graaf for example) and as I said, I wasnt at the game today so I cannot argue with your ratings..........do you think however that you have bheen a tad generous with your ratings sir ?It does look a bit generous maybe...but it was a strange game. We did some good things that constantly broke down up front due to Leigh and Garrys inability to keep possession.

At The Edge
05-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I was stunned by the sheer crapness of Hibs today, we never really looked like scoring to be honest, anyway
Stack, Stephens, Stevenson, Spoonie, Ozzy and Agogo got pass marks
O'Connor and Sparky looked awful today, Gaz's first touch was awful and he never got a second chance as the ball was gone to the Pars player, Sparkys decision making was rank and so was his shooting.

CC dull and depressing

euro Hibby
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
BBC gives Hibs 71 % possession ........and we lost !!

coco22
05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I was stunned by the sheer crapness of Hibs today, we never really looked like scoring to be honest, anyway
Stack, Stephens, Stevenson, Spoonie, Ozzy and Agogo got pass marks
O'Connor and Sparky looked awful today, Gaz's first touch was awful and he never got a second chance as the ball was gone to the Pars player, Sparkys decision making was rank and so was his shooting.

CC dull and depressing

...add to that Galbraith was pish poor in everything he attempted - including blocking the cross for the first goal and passing to shadows. how he never got the hook at some point only CC will know!

Griffiths looks like he wants it too much at the moment, beyond the point of control and sensible decision making. needs benched.

Beefster
05-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Hanlon and Wotherspoon don't deserve passmarks, purely on the basis of the goal. We were absolute garbage and not one of them is exempt. The biggest bunch of incapable, toothless charlatans that I've seen since the last bunch we had.

Winston Ingram
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM

...and never looked like scoring either:confused:

woody47
05-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Stack 4 Doesn't seem to want to come for the ball.

Hanlon 5 Average game
O'Hanlon 5 does what a centre half is supposed to do and gets rid of the ball.
Stephens 7 good game
Wotherspoon 7 much better when played at right back. Seems to be able to take players on more.
Osbourne 5 Average
Stevenson 7 Not sure why he was taken off as the only midfielder actually putting in a tackle.

Agogo 4 Not sure what he actually brought to the team today.
Galbraith 4 although for running across the park from east to west he gets a 10.
O'Connor 1 And only because he wore the green. Absolutely dire. Can he actually control a ball.

Griffiths 2 Trying too hard to be the hero. Play the simple ball son.

Subs
Ivan 3
Towell 3
Sodje 1 Not sure what he brings

CC 0 - Why is he here?

The Harp Awakes
05-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Stack 6 - Nothing to do but doesn't command his area enough.

Hanlon 6 - Solid if unspectacular
O'Hanlon 6 - Same as above
Stephens 6 - Same as above
Wotherspoon 7 - Decent game. Best position for the lad.

Osbourne 6 - Got ability but needs to play at a higher tempo and up his workrate.

Stevenson 7 - Put in good shift. Unlucky to be subbed.

Agogo 5 - Another player who needs work harder off the ball. Doesn't threaten the goal enough.

Galbraith 5 - Promises a lot but his final pass is usually poor. No cutting edge.

O'Connor 2 - Awful. Looked is though he didn't want to be there. Contributed nothing.

Griffiths 4 - Trying too hard to get a home goal. Needs to keep it simple and use his undoubted talent.

Subs
Ivan 3 - introduced in the wrong position. Should have played right with Griffiths switching to the left. All play down right and didnt get involved.
Towell 3 - did fine when came on but never going to change the game.
Sodje 2 - Should have got at least 45 mins with O'Connor being ineffective.

Big Frank
05-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Stack 4

Hanlon 3
O'Hanlon 4
Stephens 4
Wotherspoon 4

Osbourne 5
Stevenson 5
Agogo 3

O'Connor 1
Griffiths 4

Subs
Ivan 3
Towell 2
Sodje 2

Colin Calderwood 0

Anyone scoring any Hibernian players more than half marks needs their heid examined.

That was unacceptable.

Baker9
05-11-2011, 08:38 PM

If that is accurate it smacks of utter domination and must be some kind of record, perhaps even an SPL record. When did we last have that level of possession against anybody? In the cold light of dawn and some emotional cooling down could that perhaps be a sign of some kind of progress?

hibsbollah
05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
If that is accurate it smacks of utter domination and must be some kind of record, perhaps even an SPL record. When did we last have that level of possession against anybody? In the cold light of dawn and some emotional cooling down could that perhaps be a sign of some kind of progress?

We had the ball almost constantly. The Garry O'Connor from three weeks ago would have run riot today...

RoxburghHibs
05-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Stack 6

Hanlon 6
O'Hanlon 6
Stephens 7 - My MOM and tbh all he did was the basic stuff well.
Wotherspoon 6
Osbourne 6
Stevenson 4 - not good enough/a 1st div player IMHO (sadly)
Agogo 5
Galbraith 5

O'Connor 4 - What was wrong with Gaz and Sparky today? They were both awful and a major reason for this 1-0 loss.
Griffiths 4
Subs: (all get an average 5 score)
Ivan 5
Towell 5
Sodje 5

frazeHFC
05-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Stack - 5

Wotherspoon - 7
O'Hanlon - 5
Stephens - 6
Hanlon - 4

Stevenson - 6
Osbourne - 6
Galbraith - 3

Agogo - 4
O'Connor - 1
Griffiths - 1

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Stack - 5

Wotherspoon - 7
O'Hanlon - 4
Stephens - 6
Hanlon - 3

Stevenson - 6
Osbourne - 6
Galbraith - 3

Agogo - 2
O'Connor - 1
Griffiths - 1

down-the-slope
05-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Stack - 5 - One great save to prevent it being 0-2..but cant hide fact that 4 times (including goal) he was superglued to his line when a keeper taht commanded box would have been out for it when crosses came into 6 yard box.

Spoony - 7 - probably our greatest threat especially 2nd half. Stood up well irst half when high balls into RB area wre Dunfys tactic
Denzil - 7 - Has grown up and looks a irst team player who used height and pace a few times to save blushes. Needs to lose the square head headers
O'Hanlon - 6 - Decent and good organiser. His lack of pace if turned looked vunerable a couple of times.
Hanlon - 7 - Steady and stood his ground and won most headers - particularly 2nd half when Dunfy were sticking them diagonal to LB. Cut out lots of passes .Not his best position and his final ball if better would have given good chances.

Ozzy - 7 Best of the day on the ball. Comfy to receive pass and keep posession and find a team mate. Must have been frustrated as most of us at the lack of movement up front looking for his passes.
Stevenson - 7 - Good game and showed heart and willingness to fight for the ball and kept the ball moving
Agogo - 4 - Miserable performance. Gave ball away. Did not win headers and was 10 yards behind where he needed to be most of match leaving space for Dunfy to make passes.
Galbraith - 4 - As poor as he was good last week. No cover for Hanlon, poor passing and rarely linked up.

O'Conner - 2 - As poor a performance as I can remember from a hibs forward..if he were not 'one of out own' would have been Boooed off. Appaling first touch...wone 3 headers all match and did not look interested..even looked releived to be subbed (right desicion)
Griffiths - 3 - Showed some running but was so poor in choices of ball to play..shooting was honking and confidence dropped longer game went on

Subs

Sproule - 2 - still no left foot after all these years, wasting several good positions.
Sodjie - 2 - Poor and no effect on game. What has happened to player that looked strong / fit and sharp at end of last season
Towel - 5 - Looked hungry and made some good runs and tried to influence things.

Players need a long hard look at themselves after that - so poor and lacking in fight in large parts of the match. Individually some decent perfomances and some shockers.....colectively it was woefull for a home match against a team below us in the league.....

Given it was a Hibs Kids game..it could be considered child cruelty to have subjected so many to that.....

coco22
05-11-2011, 09:21 PM
when g'oc was subbed, griffiths had already untucked his shirt and started walking to the bench. threw his arms in the air in protest (either at g'oc being subbed or the fact he wasn't being put out of is own misery) and clearly wasnae happy. nae wonder

down-the-slope
06-11-2011, 08:09 AM
any more? or were so few on here actually at the match :rolleyes:

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Hanlon and Wotherspoon don't deserve passmarks, purely on the basis of the goal. We were absolute garbage and not one of them is exempt. The biggest bunch of incapable, toothless charlatans that I've seen since the last bunch we had.

The fault for the first goal lay with Galbraith for me. He never went with his man from the throw in, the boy delivered a very good cross as he had no pressure on him and the full back attacked it well. Ideally the defender might have applied a bit more pressure but allowing someone to deliver a cross unchallenged was the catalyst to the goal.

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Stack 6

Hanlon 6
O'Hanlon 6
Stephens 7 - My MOM and tbh all he did was the basic stuff well.
Wotherspoon 6
Osbourne 6
Stevenson 4 - not good enough/a 1st div player IMHO (sadly)Agogo 5
Galbraith 5
O'Connor 4 - What was wrong with Gaz and Sparky today? They were both awful and a major reason for this 1-0 loss.
Griffiths 4
Subs: (all get an average 5 score)
Ivan 5
Towell 5
Sodje 5

What exactly did Galbraith do to warrent a score higher than Stevenson? If other players had shown the passion Lewis showed then we might have had a wee bit more urgency to our play.

500miles
06-11-2011, 09:02 AM
A sore one to take. I dont know if we got the team right, but conceeding another early goal between the CH and full back in the 6 yard box has me asking why our keeper does not come off his line more. I accept that that is not always possible, but we have conceeded a right few goals exactly like todays one so far this season.

Stack 5 - He did not have a great deal to do, a decent save in the first half. Biggest question is per the above.

Hanlon 6 - Some silly fouls in there half of the pitch which took a lot of the pressure of them.
O'Hanlon 5 - Another goal from in behind him.
Stephens 7 - Did very well.
Wotherspoon 5 - Some good stuff in the second half, should not take that long to get involved in the game, a big question mark over what he was doing for the goal. Acknowledge it looked like there FB that scored, but I think he needs to deal with that.

Osbourne 6 - Needs to get some more passes going through the middle rather than out wide all the time. But a decent game.

Stevenson 7 - Played well, some good passing and worked very hard.

Agogo 7 - Dont know if I would have taken him off he was the most involved of our three strikers.

Galbraith 5 - His delivery into the box is terrible, but he did try for the 90mins.

O'Connor 3 - Not good. Touch was very poor.

Griffiths 4 - Works hard and did a lot of running, frustration seems to lead to him just shooting from everywhere.

We know we cant take a throw in, it is becoming a little frustrating, how we lose the ball everytime from having one though. However, I can remember asking the question in pre-season who is going to be taking our corners and free kicks this year, we still dont appear to have an answer. We have some good height in the box when it comes to corners, we need a better ball going in. One thing we always had with Riordan was delivery and more often that not the keeper being tested from these positions.

Riordan's delivery from set pieces was atrocious for at least the last year of his time at Hibs.

However, I'm more inclined to agree with the rest of your post. I thought we were the superior team on the ball, and passed the ball very well in patches. If O'Connor or Griffiths didn't have thier boots on back to front, we would be looking at a comfortable victory with a fairly emphatic scoreline. However, when your in a position like ours, you need those guys to be putting the ball in the back of the net.

I thought Stevenson's performance was very encouraging. There is not a player in the Hibs team more capable of switching play and stretching the opposition with single pass than him. His general passing is tidy too, and when he makes a mistake, he wins possession back. He was very involved, so why the less effective (although, i didn't think poor) Osbourne stayed on when Lewis made way for Towell, it was, for me, a tactical blunder.

Agogo done the job he was asked, but i felt it was ineffective when O'Connor and Griffiths were plainly misfiring. Martin Scott should have taken his place in behind the strikers, with Sodje taking the place of Griffiths, as he is capable of getting those shots away from the positions Agogo was picking up the ball. His energy would have caused problems for a central defence and midfield who had been worked from the tenth minute onward. Big Sodje too, although erratic, would have given us a better chance of getting something.

The performance, on the whole, wasn't as bad as the fans reaction would have you believe. It's the context of the result which provoked the reaction, and that impatience influenced how today's performance, as an independent display, was perceived. Actually the fans were a disappointment today as well. The players were actually stringing passes together and making coherent moves on the ball, and there were considerable groans and shouts demanding that they rush play - and that was at 25 minutes in, not 85.

Calderwood's time is up. The writing has been on the wall for a while, and this stay of execution is no more than going through the motions until the board can feel that they will not be accused of dumping another manager before they had got a "fair chance" (the only one who didn't get a fair chance, by the way, was Mixu).

However, Calderwood hasn't got the old mates in the radio and press that Yogi had to make excuses for him, so the heat for his dismissal wouldn't be as intense.

This team has potential. The midfield has some good passers, good energy, tenacity and creativity from the likes of Osbourne. Next week I would play a team like this.............

...........................Stack
.Wotherspoon.Stephens.O'Hanlon. Hanlon
..Towell.........Scott......Osbourne..Stevenson
.....................Agogo
..........................O'Connor

Big Frank
06-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Stack - 5 - One great save to prevent it being 0-2..but cant hide fact that 4 times (including goal) he was superglued to his line when a keeper taht commanded box would have been out for it when crosses came into 6 yard box.

Spoony - 7 - probably our greatest threat especially 2nd half. Stood up well irst half when high balls into RB area wre Dunfys tactic
Denzil - 7 - Has grown up and looks a irst team player who used height and pace a few times to save blushes. Needs to lose the square head headers
O'Hanlon - 6 - Decent and good organiser. His lack of pace if turned looked vunerable a couple of times.
Hanlon - 7 - Steady and stood his ground and won most headers - particularly 2nd half when Dunfy were sticking them diagonal to LB. Cut out lots of passes .Not his best position and his final ball if better would have given good chances.

Ozzy - 7 Best of the day on the ball. Comfy to receive pass and keep posession and find a team mate. Must have been frustrated as most of us at the lack of movement up front looking for his passes.
Stevenson - 7 - Good game and showed heart and willingness to fight for the ball and kept the ball moving
Agogo - 4 - Miserable performance. Gave ball away. Did not win headers and was 10 yards behind where he needed to be most of match leaving space for Dunfy to make passes.
Galbraith - 4 - As poor as he was good last week. No cover for Hanlon, poor passing and rarely linked up.

O'Conner - 2 - As poor a performance as I can remember from a hibs forward..if he were not 'one of out own' would have been Boooed off. Appaling first touch...wone 3 headers all match and did not look interested..even looked releived to be subbed (right desicion)
Griffiths - 3 - Showed some running but was so poor in choices of ball to play..shooting was honking and confidence dropped longer game went on

Subs

Sproule - 2 - still no left foot after all these years, wasting several good positions.
Sodjie - 2 - Poor and no effect on game. What has happened to player that looked strong / fit and sharp at end of last season
Towel - 5 - Looked hungry and made some good runs and tried to influence things.

Players need a long hard look at themselves after that - so poor and lacking in fight in large parts of the match. Individually some decent perfomances and some shockers.....colectively it was woefull for a home match against a team below us in the league.....

Given it was a Hibs Kids game..it could be considered child cruelty to have subjected so many to that.....

yet you give almost half the team a 7. :faf:

down-the-slope
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
yet you give almost half the team a 7. :faf:

For me its the difference between some individual decent performances (and some shockers) and the team performance which collectively was poor.

I regularly bang on about this but the aim of a team is to make a unit that is more than the sum of the individual parts. Yesterday we were no where near that...that does not mean individuals cannot perform their job decently within a 'team' that is not functioning. Great teams are those with good players who are gelled to be more that the sum of the parts.....

If this were not the case then football as a sport would not exist as clubs with best players would always win....they don't

truehibernian
06-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Stack 6

Hanlon 6
O'Hanlon 5
Stephens 7

Galbraith 6

Subs
Ivan 5

I'd agree with most of that bollah, however I have to say I was angry at Agogo first half for the number of times he lost cheap possession in dangerous areas of the pitch (not for the first time I have to say).

DW had one of his best games and never hid. I like the kid.....despite the boos and groans, he always gives an option and second half he was the only one really being dynamic on that flank and trying to create. Stephens I thought never really put a foot wrong again, though wasn't tested. A great goal saving tackle second half when he used his upper body strength in the box, and a couple of times again used his body to shadow the player and didn't dive in.....composed play (one of the few).

O'Hanlon is an enigma.........poor positionally at crucial times, yet saved Stack second half when Stacky yer again dithered and didn't come.

Griffiths and GOC were rank yesterday, particularly GOC.

Towell came on and added urgency, as did Ivan, but by that time I think the whole stadium had sucked the life out the game. Little Lewis yet again was tidy and kept the ball moving. No creativity through the middle though, and I was fed up seeing the ball predictably being passed out wide, giving Dunfy time to regroups and form banks of four. That said, their keeper came up with a couple of good saves, I thought he was excellent.