PDA

View Full Version : Can't pass, can't shoot, can't take corners, can't take a man on.....................

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
......................................So what exactly do our players do while they are at East Mains?

Today we saw numerous of our players (including Garry O', Griffiths and Galbraith) trying to score from outside the box. On each occasion the ball was either ballooned over the bar or yards past the post. Some of the efforts were even weaker than pass backs. I won't mention the sitter that Leigh Griffiths missed from a few yards out. :wink: Lucky for him the linesman had flagged for offside.

I can't see me returning until CC goes and we get someone in who can get the best out of the players we have at our disposal.

DaveF
05-11-2011, 05:43 PM
It's not just the shooting.

The inability to pass the ball in front of a team mate is infuriating.

The inability to keep posession from a throw in.

The inability to win \ close down the opposition when they have a throw in.

Whatever they do at East Mains is seemingly in need of a complete overhaul.

HNA6
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
They are spolied at EM get the ****ers tae train on **** filled uneven cooncil pitches again ..let reality bite ...seems to work fine for other clubs ..

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Can't do anything would have been shorter.

IWasThere2016
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
East Mains .. Waste of good land and money (to date). Only 4+ years though - maybe I'm no patient enough :cool2:

steakbake
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
East Mains has delivered us the square root of fk all.

Part of the problem is the culture at the club with players more interested in what's happening for the night out than gearing up to actually do something.

Too much wrong at ER just now. A right shambles.

The Harp Awakes
05-11-2011, 05:59 PM

Part of the problem is the culture at the club with players more interested in what's happening for the night out than gearing up to actually do something. Too much wrong at ER just now. A right shambles.

Totally agree. Collins tried to change the drinking culture at the Club, the players chucked the toys oot the pram, and Petrie failed to back Collins. It's been all downhill since then.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I thought that the thread title was from Goody Two shoes by Adam and the Ants.

matty_f
05-11-2011, 06:36 PM

You forget not being able to control a ball from a simple pass as well. I genuinely see fewer mistakes in the games of sevens me and my workmates have every fortnight.

euro Hibby
05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
apparently the players are good on the training field so maybe we should move our spl games to EM ! We don't need Easter road.

Big Frank
05-11-2011, 08:19 PM

:agree:

Gettin' Auld
05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I thought that the thread title was from Goody Two shoes by Adam and the Ants.

:tee hee:

HibsMax
05-11-2011, 09:04 PM
......................................So what exactly do our players do while they are at East Mains?

Today we saw numerous of our players (including Garry O', Griffiths and Galbraith) trying to score from outside the box. On each occasion the ball was either ballooned over the bar or yards past the post. Some of the efforts were even weaker than pass backs. I won't mention the sitter that Leigh Griffiths missed from a few yards out. :wink: Lucky for him the linesman had flagged for offside.

I can't see me returning until CC goes and we get someone in who can get the best out of the players we have at our disposal.

I agree with what you're saying about the players, I've observed the exact same thing, but how much of that is the manager's fault? I know the buck stops with him but why is the manager taking the heat that the players ought to be feeling? Is CC really somehow making our players play worse?

One thing I really hate to see is when the players play these silly little passes into trouble. Almost like pass the parcel with a ticking bomb. It's like nobody knows what to do with the ball at times.

This is not a pro-CC post, it's a genuine question. Is he the main reason we're playing like crap or should our players not be shouldering the majority of the blame? I know he brought most of them in which makes him culpable but would any other manager get better results with what we have?

Paisley Hibby
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
apparently the players are good on the training field so maybe we should move our spl games to EM ! We don't need Easter road.

Good idea. The way things are going there will be nobody watching anyway.

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 12:51 AM
East Mains .. Waste of good land and money (to date). Only 4+ years though - maybe I'm no patient enough :cool2:

I stated at time and since EM is far to big for what is needed, a facilty half its size would do. Our success is finding good players and thats the scouts job, having lots of pitches wont make crap players any better.

SouthamptonHibs
06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
at easter r0qd we play **** the hearts ha ha ha

Saorsa
06-11-2011, 01:15 AM
at easter r0qd we play **** the hearts ha ha ha:party:

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2011, 01:23 AM

Maybe that is what the problem is. In training we look good, cause we're playing ourselves, i.e. *****.

connerg
06-11-2011, 02:55 AM

:top marksWon't be going back til that clown is emptied, sorry it's got that bad for me!

connerg
06-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Totally agree. Collins tried to change the drinking culture at the Club, the players chucked the toys oot the pram, and Petrie failed to back Collins. It's been all downhill since then.
:top marksBig mistake by Hibs, or Petrie.

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 03:03 AM

So the players are poor according to you. Cant shoot, take a man on, pass as others have said....and then come out with "I wont be going back till CC is gone"....are you/they daft. If CC leaves will the be able to shoot, take a man on, pass etc?

If you are having a go at the players ability that is nothing to do with the manager, that is the player and his ability you should be having a go at.

connerg
06-11-2011, 03:22 AM
So the players are poor according to you. Cant shoot, take a man on, pass as others have said....and then come out with "I wont be going back till CC is gone"....are you/they daft. If CC leaves will the be able to shoot, take a man on, pass etc?

If you are having a go at the players ability that is nothing to do with the manager, that is the player and his ability you should be having a go at.

Are you a ****in *****? Get a grip!. Do you watch this pish at ER. He signed them but can't motivate them. the man is a walking nightmare.

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Are you a ****in *****? Get a grip!. Do you watch this pish at ER. He signed them but can't motivate them. the man is a walking nightmare.

No but I think you might be big mouth. I was there today, I watched that game like I have every game so far this season. The players HE signed are by far our better preformers week in week out. Do you watch the games, if so I am sure you will agree? The walking nightmare is people like you that want nothing other that to have a go at the guy.

connerg
06-11-2011, 03:43 AM
No but I think you might be big mouth. I was there today, I watched that game like I have every game so far this season. The players HE signed are by far our better preformers week in week out. Do you watch the games, if so I am sure you will agree? The walking nightmare is mugs like you that want nothing other that to have a go at the guy.

Big mouth? excuse me but i saw a team built by CC today without desire who could only pass the ball sideways or back untill 73 minutes had gone by at home against a team that's been shippiing goals. Idiots like you will see us in the first division!!!!!!!

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 07:50 AM

How did he fail to do that?

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Part of the problem is the culture at the club with players more interested in what's happening for the night out than gearing up to actually do something.

Too much wrong at ER just now. A right shambles.

Totally agree but someone will come along soon and say its all the Fans fault.

FifeeHibee
06-11-2011, 09:24 AM
The players we have are mainly average to ok. As a collection, they are mid table standard.

Two or three of them have shown they can do better. The main thing which could change things quickly is a new manager (though that doesn't seem to work at Hibs!). I was disappointed that CC didn't go with a bit of dignity in the summer, but accepted that he might start to do better here, with more time. I still think he has something to offer but I'm at the limits of my faith! Shelling out for a couple of GOOD (not cheap!) new players could also change things- cue the board, who are also on trial.

Most importantly we the fans need to support the team. Booing and whistling is a natural reaction to the crappy displays. But that just makes players more nervy and tends to make things worse.

Hibs should have won yesterday's game. With some basic striking prowess (inexplicably lacking in two normally decent strikers) we would have won, and we'd be sitting mid-table. Not the end of the world and with a base to build on.

Things will change, but probably not overnight, though I do think a new manager should be high on the shopping list asap. In the meantime, we should win a few games and let's hope we don't get any worse! When all else fails to cheer, just think, but for the grace of the good lord, you could be following the creatures from the maroon lagoon!

Leishy1995
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
All I can say from that game is that the constant abuse from fans when they do something is stupid.

Build up slow and work the cross, BOO.
Hoof the ball. BOO.
Turn the defender and narrowly miss, BOO.

The players were horrid in that game, but fans behind me were claiming O'connor had given us very little since coming back. Enough said about that. Agogo is a disgrace to this club. I hate the fact he is now Hibs class. CCGTF.

Leishy1995
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
All I can say from that game is that the constant abuse from fans when they do something is stupid.

Build up slow and work the cross, BOO.
Hoof the ball. BOO.
Turn the defender and narrowly miss, BOO.

The players were horrid in that game, but fans behind me were claiming O'connor had given us very little since coming back. Enough said about that. Agogo is a disgrace to this club. I hate the fact he is now Hibs class. CCGTF.

iwasthere1972
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Well with a bit of luck he'll take the players with him when he goes.

Septimus
06-11-2011, 02:18 PM
How did he fail to do that?

He spoke to the players without the manager being present. In other words he undermined the management system.

Littlest Hobo
06-11-2011, 02:21 PM
What I noticed yesterday was the lack of a real coherant work ethic to win the ball back once we lost possesion.

One or two players always dashing around after the ball but unless the whole team close down their man then it's useless.

Once we do win possesion, i noticed some of our players are actually terrified of recieving the ball..Lewis Stevenson being just one of a few.

The laddie gives you his all when the other team have the ball, when we have the ball, he tends to go through the motions and hides.