PDA

View Full Version : Losing Goals

H18sry
05-11-2011, 06:36 PM
How do we keep losing the kind of goal we lost today? A cross from the right dropping behind O'Hanlon and an opposition player has the easiest task to score?

I thought O'Hanlon was a ball winning CH :fuming:

MountcastleHibs
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
How do we keep losing the kind of goal we lost today? A cross from the right dropping behind O'Hanlon and an opposition player has the easiest task to score?I thought O'Hanlon was a ball winning CH :fuming: Pointed this out to my mate at the game too. I can't understand it myself. Every week it's the same old story.

DaveF
05-11-2011, 06:55 PM
It'll have something to do with the ease in which crosses are put into the box.

The 'defending' from Hanlon and Galbraith was piss poor.

H18sry
06-11-2011, 09:54 AM
It'll have something to do with the ease in which crosses are put into the box.

The 'defending' from Hanlon and Galbraith was piss poor.

If you noticed the Dunfermline players they were in our faces preventing crosses coming in, where we sat back and let them attack us, but more worrying is O'Hanlon for a ball winning CH , he is not very good at it.

matty_f
06-11-2011, 10:08 AM
If you noticed the Dunfermline players they were in our faces preventing crosses coming in, where we sat back and let them attack us, but more worrying is O'Hanlon for a ball winning CH , he is not very good at it.

To be fair, the ease at which teams get to measure crosses and fire them in to our box would make Rob Jones look like he wasn't a ball-winning centre half as well.

IMHO, it comes down to a desire to not let a winger put in a cross in the first place. If our midfield and full backs were more determined to stop the crosses coming in we could have Danny DeVito at centre half and get away with it.

As it is, you see the full backs and wide midfielders trying to jockey players, or make in what can only really be described as half-ersed attempts at stopping crosses.

greenlex
06-11-2011, 01:35 PM
How do we keep losing the kind of goal we lost today? A cross from the right dropping behind O'Hanlon and an opposition player has the easiest task to score?

You were a wee bit animated after the goal to say the least Ronnie . I thought OHanlon was gonna burst out greeting because of you.:greengrin

Big Frank
06-11-2011, 02:12 PM
stack is glued to his line. st midden goals were exactly the same. same goals are being lost week in week out. everyone can see it, including opposition teams.

Bobo
06-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Because we haven't had a keeper who's commanded their box for years!

Stack is a good shot stopper but seldom ventures from his line to claim crosses, his inability to do this compounds the frailties of our central defenders. We have sadly lacked a keeper who does the basics well while commanding his area by going through anything that stops them getting to the ball.

Most keepers are reasonable shot stoppers, it's their decision making and ability to do the basics right that really matters.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Because we haven't had a keeper who's commanded their box for years!

Stack is a good shot stopper but seldom ventures from his line to claim crosses, his inability to do this compounds the frailties of our central defenders. We have sadly lacked a keeper who does the basics well while commanding his area by going through anything that stops them getting to the ball.

Most keepers are reasonable shot stoppers, it's their decision making and ability to do the basics right that really matters.

And the times he does come for it he makes a mess of things. At least sometimes. Maybe that's why he is stationary? Just my hunch. :confused:

Slightly off topic is that I notice that many times we push up but nobody is in the box and we cross the ball to..........nobody.

ancient hibee
06-11-2011, 02:41 PM
It's easy.

Full back No.1 won't close down winger

Centre Halves drawn towards that wing therefore in no position to defend cross

Goalie thinks crosses into his box are nothing to do with him

Full back No.2 doesn't notice opposition player coming past him

Result- player who hasn't scored in over a 100 games gets a tap in.

My mother(age 98)is getting her boots out of the cupboard as long as she can be a free agent and play against Hibs every week.