PDA

View Full Version : Tony

DAVE1875
05-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Currently watching the Middlesbrough Vs. Watford game and I keep finding myself wishing that Tony would make a shock return to Hibs and tell CC "GTF, you've ruined this club enough, I'm taking over!"

Anyone wishing Tony would come back to Hibs? We undoubtedly had the best times with him in recent years, albeit JC won us a cup but it was with Tony's team.

Sadly though we've got more chance of Hibs moving to Tynecastle.

MrSmith
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
No!

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
No!

Ditto!

Captain Trips
05-11-2011, 05:36 PM
I would take Duff Jimmy back if it meant CC to go

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Too far!

Captain Trips
05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Too far!

:greengrin No far off it EH.

God Petrie
05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
No!

Why not? He managed the best team to watch in my 25 years of
following Hibs.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM

Me too if he could talk Bobby Williamson into coming back as his number 2.

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
:greengrin No far off it EH.

Bawhair between them.....oh and Yogi:agree:

MrSmith
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM
following Hibs.

Because that now appears to be a fluke more than anything else. And I'm pretty sure I enjoyed watching big Eck's team more!

ScottB
05-11-2011, 05:56 PM
following Hibs.

He had some of the best players Hibs have had in decades.

And he won the square root of f all with them, plus that Hibs team also being a joke at the back. Mowbray lucked in big time with the players we had, and given the total disaster that was his time at Celtic, I can't see how he'd turn us into anything much now.

Mikeystewart
05-11-2011, 06:02 PM
We did have three shocking 4 goal defeats to hearts in one year and a thrashing against Dnipro and a core of good youngsters that the current management don't have.

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 06:02 PM

And he won the square root of f all with them, plus that Hibs team also being a joke at the back. Mowbray lucked in big time with the players we had, and given the total disaster that was his time at Celtic, I can't see how he'd turn us into anything much now.

:agree:
Absolutely. He was blessed with a fine bunch of young players....brought on by Blobby, no less, and Donald Park. Admittedly he also brought in a few others that did well as an attacking team.
Defending?? Not much better than now i'm afraid.

Hiber-nation
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Best football I've seen from a Hibs team since 1974. Signed the best left back I've seen at Hibs and one of the most talented midfielders. If he got lucky then hardly any Hibs fans thought he was getting lucky by inheriting the squad he did - we were only getting crowds of about 8,000 at the beginning of 04-05. Apart from the goalkeeping position, absolutely fantastic manager.

No point in debating whether or not he'll be back though.