PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson, David Stephens and David Wotherspoon

MountcastleHibs
05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
In a day of doom and gloom, well played lads. Best players on the park, and only Hibs players to get pass marks imo.

Great to see Stephens have a good game, and Spoony looking more confident. But why, oh why, was Stevenson, our best player today, substituted, when Galbraith should've gone at half time? Only the clueless one knows that I suppose.

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Well played to those boys - they all gave 110%

Sammy7nil
05-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Wotherspoon
:shocked::shocked::shocked:

:no way::no way::no way:

Brebners Bookie
05-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Add osbourne to that list and i would agree. Only ball player out there but asked to do too much by the players around him.

Hibee87
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Wotherspoon

thought spoony was one of our better players today cant see why you dont think so didnt do much wrong at all

lucky
05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
In a day of doom and gloom, well played lads. Best players on the park, and only Hibs players to get pass marks imo.

Great to see Stephens have a good game, and Spoony looking more confident. But why, oh why, was Stevenson, our best player today, substituted, when Galbraith should've gone at half time? Only the clueless one knows that I suppose.

100% correct. Goc and Griffths were awful

Broken Gnome
05-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Not sure how culpable he was for the goal, if at all, but the vast majority of Hibs' good stuff came through Wotherspoon. Latterly Osborne too, who at least is aware of what's going on around him and looks to make things happen. A bit too much of Stevenson's work was mopping up his own mistakes. Stephens solid enough.

The rest were guilty of some of the worst ball control I've ever seen. Pathetic. Rotten huffy attitudes as well.

Alfred E Newman
05-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Unlike some behind me in the West I thought Stevenson was by no means the worst on the Park today. Tried his best in a mediocre midfield but was outnumbered so many times.

Albion Hibs
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I would agree with the OP on Stephens he was decent, Stevenson did okay, he did not offer much going forward so i can see why he was subbed for a more attacking player. Wotherspoon may have got forward and put in 1 maybe 2 good crosses, but he was pash for the goal, so I would not agree with you on that front.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 07:41 PM
100% correct. Goc and Griffths were awful

Pretty sure he was busy arguing with some fans (midway through the 2nd half) who were sitting in the lower FF when they were shouting dogs abuse at him for either a wayward pass or another shot off target.

Anyone else see this or was I just imagining it?

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Stevenson and Stephens were the only 2 players that done well today.

greenlex
05-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure he was busy arguing with some fans (midway through the 2nd half) who were sitting in the lower FF when they were shouting dogs abuse at him for either a wayward pass or another shot off target.

Saw it too.

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Saw this too.

HH81
05-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Stephens has impressed me again today. Everytime I see him play I think he is a decent player.

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Stevenson was superb, looked well up for the fight and was actually prepared to sit and defend which our other midfielders seem incapable of doing. His passing was also pretty good, only lost the ball a few times and always fought to get it back. Stephens was also very good again, if he keeps progressing we will have a very good defender.

Spoony was involved in a fair amount of our chances today but he was badly at fault for the goal, caught watching the ball and the Dunfermline player got such an easy chance.

Thought O'Connor and Griffiths were both woeful. O'Connor was sitting so deep and his touch wasnt up to much, and Griffiths really doesnt look good enough imo, far too greedy and seems to panic a bit in front of goal.

edwards
05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Why does one of our forwards take corners surely Griffiths should be in the box and someone else should be taking the corners.

Riordans Boots
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM

:top marks

Also, as much as I love Gary O. I was raging when he stormed down the tunnel tripping over his lip :wtf:

tamig
05-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Why does one of our forwards take corners surely Griffiths should be in the box and someone else should be taking the corners.

Eh, maybe because he usually delivers well from them? Do you not remember that Deek also used to take our corners? :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
05-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Also, as much as I love Gary O. I was raging when he stormed down the tunnel tripping over his lip :wtf:

Quickiest he moved all day

Big Frank
05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Wotherspoon

Completely agree. Wotherspoon honks, and has done for what seems for ever. However, would not single him out as the worst in our side. He is not progressing at all. It happens. Osbourne was hibernians best player today imho. He would get a 5/10.

Big Frank
05-11-2011, 09:07 PM

GOC first touch today was abysmal.

Riordans Boots
05-11-2011, 09:49 PM

I know :agree:

HibsMax
05-11-2011, 10:11 PM

I wondered why he was taken off too.

Ozzy had some nice touches, one in particular, that should make the highlight reel. Reminded me of a move Bergkamp made once (for arsenal I believe, just outside the box. Don't remember when or against who though. Lol. )

HibsMax
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM

I know :agree:

Unfortunately wasn't the only one. Must have been a good night out last night.

Andy74
05-11-2011, 11:36 PM
None signed by the current manager who was meant to be upping the quality?

hibsbollah
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I like all three of them and id like to see them do well. Unfortunately, history tells us theres a good chance all three could be rubbish again next week.

We dont seem to have players that perform week in week out anymore. Who was the last? Murphy?

Riordans Boots
06-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I like all three of them and id like to see them do well. Unfortunately, history tells us theres a good chance all three could be rubbish again next week.

We dont seem to have players that perform week in week out anymore. Who was the last? Murphy?

Eddie I think :agree:

:duck:

Tyler Durden
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM

Wouldn't normally want to indulge in bashing fellow Hibbys/.netters but how many people on this board were constantly telling us that the likes of Boozy and Shiels only gave us 1 good game out of 5? Absolute nonsense and if only we could see those types of ball players in Hibs jerseys today.

Despite the overall lack of quality however, any manager worth their salt would see us averaging enough points to sit comfortably in 6th/7th in this excuse for a league. Even this squad is better than all but the top 5. Gross mismanagement by CC and he's been allowed to continue too long.

frazeHFC
06-11-2011, 12:44 AM
The 3 of them were by far the only good performers. I thought Spoony looked his old self today, very good. :agree:

And i was in the FF. Griffiths certainly didn't appreciate the comments, put it that way! :greengrin

HONG KONG PHOOEY
06-11-2011, 01:50 AM
i agree with Spoony and Stephens. But Stevenson was avarage. It gets to a bad situation when we get people like Galbraith and Stevenson as our main CREATIVE midfielders !

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2011, 02:12 AM
None signed by the current manager who was meant to be upping the quality?

A coincidence that our best three players today were already at the club before Calderwood? Probably not.