PDA

View Full Version : Should Colin Calderwood go?

Mikeystewart
05-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Do we need another transitional period due to manager sacking?...

Or Should he be given even more time?

He wont resign, no matter how bad it gets.....

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I swear if I see one vote to keep him I will smash yer face in!...:greengrin

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Is this a wind up! :tee hee:

Hiber-nation
05-11-2011, 04:29 PM
It won't solve the real problems but position untenable now.

Captain Trips
05-11-2011, 04:31 PM

We are getting another transitional period at end of season no matter due to having far to many players on short deals.

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Aye he should ******* go.

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Is this a fact or your opinion? :confused:

PatHead
05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
First time I have said enough. Always called for more time but clock has now stopped ticking

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Looks like a landslide one sided vote this time a 100% for him to go, still at least when RP Votes he will at least get one vote to stay:confused: trouble is its the only damm vote CC Needs.

Manxhibs
Held back for months thinking things will get better but times up he's got to go!

Sumner
Yes

... same answer every time

Get him the Hell out of our club

aberhibsfc
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
He has to go now. If we can't beat the Dunfermline's at home and it's not a one off, the only way is down with him at the helm. Time to cut the losses and bring in the next transitional manager.

ehf
05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Despite having a season ticket, I swore after the fiasco against Celtic in the League Cup that I wouldn't go back as long as that clueless clown remainned in charge. Had a slight wobble after the draw at Celtic last week but stuck to my resolve and didn't go today - and so glad I didn't.

Come on Petrie, man up, swallow your pride, admit you got it wrong and

CAN THE CLUELESS CLOWN

HibsMax
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
We are getting another transitional period at end of season no matter due to having far to many players on short deals.

True, IF all the players on short-term deals decide to leave the club.

It's hard to answer these polls on a game-by-game basis because obviously I am not happy with what is on show but I keep coming back to my original "give him til Christmas" statement so I'm sticking with that.

I'm not saying that CC is blameless in all of this but if you saw the game today you will / would realise that the player performances, for the most part, were woeful and I don't know how much of that we can pin on him. I've said time and time again that some of what I see is beyond belief....can't pass, can't defend, can't take advantage of deadball situations. CC is the coach but these players are supposed to be professionals and should be able to get the basics right first and foremost but patently they can't.

I don't want more of what I saw today, or against Motherwell or against Celtic in the cup but I am sticking to me guns even though I do question my own sanity for doing so.

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
His record against the bottom 6 clubs is even worse than his record v the top 6 teams. A recipe for the drop.

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
It won't solve the real problems but position untenable now.

First time I have said enough. Always called for more time but clock has now stopped ticking

As above.

Craig Millar
05-11-2011, 04:47 PM
CC isn't to blame. Despite numerous managers lately our problem is still exactly the same, the one constant through Mixu, JC, Yogi and CC.

CC needs time to build, just listen to what Yogi had to say on the radio the other week.

Someone needs sacked but it isn't the manager. The chanting outside of the main stand this evening was spot on. Petrie out!

Elephant Stone
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
CC isn't to blame. Despite numerous managers lately our problem is still exactly the same, the one constant through Mixu, JC, Yogi and CC.

CC needs time to build, just listen to what Yogi had to say on the radio the other week.

Someone needs sacked but it isn't the manager. The chanting outside of the main stand this evening was spot on. Petrie out!

Why do you want Petrie out if the manager needs more time and presumably wasn't a bad appointment?

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
maybe the players themselves should come out and explain to us why they performed pretty well last week, and not today, same players afterall :confused:

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
AGM On Tuesday RP Will not be looking forward to it he may get rid off CC Before the AGM after the result today to divert the heat from him.

Emerald
05-11-2011, 04:52 PM

You're having a laugh, how much time are you giving him. I smell ******!

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
AGM On Tuesday RP Will not be looking forward to it he may get rid off CC Before the AGM after the result today to divert the heat from him.

I think it will take more than that this time. He has been mr teflon for long enough, but this time I think the **** is going to stick.

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
I think it will take more than that this time. He has been mr teflon for long enough, but this time I think the **** is going to stick.

The cat with nine lives he has used them all now.

ekhibee
05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
True, IF all the players on short-term deals decide to leave the club.

It's hard to answer these polls on a game-by-game basis because obviously I am not happy with what is on show but I keep coming back to my original "give him til Christmas" statement so I'm sticking with that.

I'm not saying that CC is blameless in all of this but if you saw the game today you will / would realise that the player performances, for the most part, were woeful and I don't know how much of that we can pin on him. I've said time and time again that some of what I see is beyond belief....can't pass, can't defend, can't take advantage of deadball situations. CC is the coach but these players are supposed to be professionals and should be able to get the basics right first and foremost but patently they can't.

I don't want more of what I saw today, or against Motherwell or against Celtic in the cup but I am sticking to me guns even though I do question my own sanity for doing so.

Even though I voted to sack him, I think you make 1 or 2 relevant points here. The team, in my opinion, don't get nearly enough criticism for their shocking performances, it always seems to be Calderwoods fault, and while I'm still of the opinion he should be sacked, I have to seriously wonder if Petrie has been watching these games that we've been so bad in, and done nothing about it. I just don't understand how Petrie can turn a blind eye to it, because right now that seems to be what's happening. If everybody else can see it, why can't he? We have just been beaten by, in my opinion, the worst team in the SPL, well they were till they came to ER anyway. If Calderwood lasts another week at the club I'll be quite surprised, but at the same time I don't expect the AGM to supply any substantial or informative answers to the numerous problems we seem to have at our club just now. Hope I'm wrong though.

Captain Trips
05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes he should, Beachy Head I recommend as that is where he is sending this support closer to each week.

steakbake
05-11-2011, 05:04 PM
There's no need to get personal about this, calling him a clown or insulting him etc.

The board want the fans to stand up and be counted. I thought ER looked well attended tonight. And these people were treated to an impotent display by Hibs against the mighty Dunfermline. If the Pars come to ER and win, it should be a shock. But it wasn't. As soon as their goal went in I thought once again, we're away to be let down.

I dont know how much longer constitutes being given a reasonable amount of time. His record speaks for itself. Truly awful. It's time to go and I think also the club really needs to think about where we are going.

Fans will evaporate even further if it seems that the limit of our ambition is SPL survival. The board need to have a word. Fife emailed me yesterday and I was waiting for today's result to decide how to reply. I know what I am going to write now.

Baader
05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
He has been a complete disaster and there is no way he is suddenly going to come good. Needs to go.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Take him to the nearest sweet shop, let him pick what he likes, then put him on the next available train out of town.

Mikeystewart
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Is this a fact or your opinion? :confused:

Id say more of an interpretation of facts.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 05:26 PM
GO. Now please.

:taxi

MotherSuperior
05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
He has to be sacked immediately.

On paper today represented one of easiest fixtures we are going to get all season and Calderwood was found wanting, and couldn't find the answers, unable to change tactics and formation to overcome Dunfermline's 5 man midfield. He painfully lacks charisma and imagination, and sadly so does his team. I'm a season ticket holder, but i'm seriously considering not attending the killie match.

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
He should be gone!

steakbake
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Any info on the post match interview?

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
How many of these polls are needed, can someone compile all the results and send it to the Hibs board?!

Just get the useless ****er out of ER NOW :grr:

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
How many of these polls are needed, can someone compile all the results and send it to the Hibs board?!

Just get the useless ****er out of ER NOW :grr:

We have one after each defeat. So one a week then.

One Day Soon
05-11-2011, 05:59 PM

Probably not the cleverest thing to come on here on this day and make this your first post and on this subject. It reeks of Yam.

Sammy7nil
06-11-2011, 12:34 AM
I can only hope colin views this thread, he must do the decent thing and fall on his sword.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
His record in the past 12 months and his ridiculous statements today about how we should take a 0-0 if we have to and how results like today will happen, should instantly be a sackable offence. Terrible defeatist attitude, the guy has clearly lost the desire to be here and should be punted now.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Remarkable that 10 people should think he should stay.....are you nuts?

:confused:

hibby67
06-11-2011, 02:21 AM
gtf!!!!!!!!!!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Remarkable that 10 people should think he should stay.....are you nuts?:confused: The only people who I could imagine would want him to stay are Yams.

connerg
06-11-2011, 02:40 AM

WTF are you talking about? Do you go to any games? Thiis man is a negative Alex Miller. He plays horrible football. Can anybody say they've enjoyed a game he has been in charge of. Bottom six when he took over, now bottom three a year later. Are you happy with that? Deary me. words fail me!!!!!!!

Gettin' Auld
06-11-2011, 01:02 PM
See ya Colin

:bye:

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 01:24 PM
The only people who I could imagine would want him to stay are Yams.

I get that accusation leveled at me time and time again. I am not a yam. I'm sticking with my original timeline. I say so in almost every post about this topic so it should come as no surprise. I'm not nuts either. I am not getting the feeling that cc is the man for the job but I don't see this as being totally his fault either.

greenlex
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I get that accusation leveled at me time and time again. I am not a yam. I'm sticking with my original timeline. I say so in almost every post about this topic so it should come as no surprise. I'm not nuts either. I am not getting the feeling that cc is the man for the job but I don't see this as being totally his fault either.

If you feel that CC is not the man for the job then why on earth would you keep backing him. That makes no sense whatsoever. He had my backing for more time until yesterday. We could not beat the bottom team whipping boys at home with the added carrot of getting a bit if daylight between us and the bottom AND not a kick inthe backside off top six and even top four. Enough is enough man. Petrie and the board should stay and actually be applauded for not buckling under pressure from fans to remove him without a fair chance to make it work with his players but Calderwood is failing and there s no other outcome I'm afraid. He simply has to go and the quicker the better now.

Edit- bloody hell that was quick!!!! I had just hit the post button.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
If the Chairman thinks that this will do us good in the long term then he has to go too. Although we are far from unsaveable, the thought of Calderwood getting to use the under 21's and under 19's is almost too much.

surreyhibbie
06-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I know, too late to vote!