PDA

View Full Version : Agm

mcfly
05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
After today should be a very very uncomfortable night for the chairman and manager.

Our finances are taking a hit as we've sold everyone of value and the crowds are tumbling. there is very little atmosphere at easter road now as the stadium is only ever half full.

Our team on the pitch is 1 point off the bottom, out the league cup and fans are giving up on the team, he has been here over a year now and there is NO improvement.

we are an easy team to beat and and unless drastic action is taken, ie more money for better players or a new manager we may get relegated.

im off for a beer

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
He needs to get it tight. Simply. Not. Good. Enough.

Beefster
05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
When is the AGM? Unless they do a 'Hughes', they'll be dreading it. Rightly so, mind you.

TheEastTerrace
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
When is the AGM? Unless they do a 'Hughes', they'll be dreading it. Rightly so, mind you.

This week, I think?

If Calderwood does go before the AGM, that should not absolve the board. They are just as culpable for the club's situation, if not more so.

fatbloke
05-11-2011, 05:36 PM
At the AGM they skirt around and beat about the bush and answer nothing. I used to go but find it more useful staying at home and washing my hair.

Jamesie
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Could be interesting - looking forward to it. Hughes was sacked on the eve of the last one, hence I wonder if Mr Calderwood may meet a similar fate...

SneakersO'Toole
05-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I think CC may just surprise us and resign.

Regardless, the board MUST be held accountable on Tuesday. I will be fully prepared with facts and previous quotes/visions/ambitions from our esteemed board members. I hope others do the same.

Its times for frank questions and honest answers. They must understand this is simply not good enough.

I want tangible, realistic and thought out solutions to our problems. Not the usual lip service that we are used to receiving.

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Could be interesting - looking forward to it. Hughes was sacked on the eve of the last one, hence I wonder if Mr Calderwood may meet a similar fate...

I Agree RP Will pull the same stunt diverse the blame away from him so he can keep his position id expect an announcement of an emergency board meeting either tonight or tomorrow.

Captain Trips
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Regardless, the board MUST be held accountable on Tuesday. I will be fully prepared with facts and previous quotes/visions/ambitions from our esteemed board members. I hope others do the same.

Its times for frank questions and honest answers. They must understand this is simply not good enough.

I want tangible, realistic and thought out solutions to our problems. Not the usual lip service that we are used to receiving.

Indeed, you know they will give you lip service however this current squad is built with no long term plan it cant be, they have ****ed it up and they know it, have fun mate.

Emerald
05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
There is no way he can stay now, the worst hibs team I've seen and he even said a 0-0 draw against Dunfermline would be ok. FFS I'm so angry at anyone saying he should have more time. The more time he has, the worse we get. He is a DISASTER of a manager. GO GO GO NOW! PLEASE.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM

My feeling as well, and I hope he has some honour and does so as we can't afford to sack him. Should be an interesting AGM and I wish I could attend.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM
It's a difficult one for the board. If we had won today then there is no chance they would have sacked him as they could point to an improvement in results recently. Now though, it would be stretching it to say things are getting better when we are only a point off bottom place.

I thought he should have gone months ago and can only hope that common sense now prevails and we go our separate ways by the end of the week.

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
What chances of this being postponed??:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
What chances of this being postponed??:rolleyes:

About the same as one of us just knocking him out on the way in :greengrin - invites and responses are out there so they wid piss off a few more of us if it changed at short notice.

erskine-hibby
05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
About the same as one of us just knocking him out on the way in :greengrin - invites and responses are out there so they wid piss off a few more of us if it changed at short notice.
:greengrin

I still think it will either be postponed or will be cut short due to ....well i'm sure we all know why:agree:

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
It's a difficult one for the board. If we had won today then there is no chance they would have sacked him as they could point to an improvement in results recently. Now though, it would be stretching it to say things are getting better when we are only a point off bottom place.

I thought he should have gone months ago and can only hope that common sense now prevails and we go our separate ways by the end of the week.It wouldnae be stretching it, it would be lying or delusional

bighairyfaeleith
05-11-2011, 07:28 PM
The problem is though:

We complain if a manager is sacked/resigns too quickly
We blame the board for sticking by a manager
We criticise the board if the appoint an ex player as manager
We criticise the board if they appoint someone who doesn't understand the hibs way (i.e.used to play for us)
We blame the board for not backing a manager
We blame the board for backing a manager

What should the board do?

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 07:37 PM

I thought he should have gone months ago and can only hope that common sense now prevails and we go our separate ways by the end of the week.

Common sense would have been to accept the 300k on the table from BC, Now we have to pay up his contract to get rid this to RP Will be like pulling teeth i hate to say it but i dont think RP Could pay him off the financial burden would all but kill him.
We will get panned off and patted on the head and told to jog on.
CC Will be here till at least season end if RP Gets his way, only way for proper change is to axe RP:taxi

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I would love to go to the AGM and so would many others to voice their anger.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2011, 07:42 PM
The problem is though:

We criticise the board if they appoint someone who doesn't understand the hibs way (i.e.used to play for us)

I agree
Well said

smurf
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
The problem is though:

The board should resign.

silverhibee
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM

My money's on them doing a Hughes.

silverhibee
05-11-2011, 08:07 PM
The problem is though:

Leave in the same :taxi as Calderwood.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2011, 08:07 PM
And gives us another week to get a Manager in before the Killie game

Bostonhibby
05-11-2011, 08:12 PM
The problem is though:

Good post mate.- all of the above are relevant options - it's the real question, and if they had been there 5 minutes I'd be more sympathetic.

Problem for me is that the key players in our boardroom have been around long enough to have relied on all or some of the above at some time in recent memory so we are probably at the point where the board has to go or radically alter its approach but because of how the company is run and share holdings are set up the vast majority of individuals who care (and take not one penny out) and would express a view have about 0.001% of the voting shares in the company and 2 guys hold enough for the opinions and votes of the rest of us not to matter at an AGM.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2011, 08:14 PM
My money's on them doing a Hughes.

Might be worth going for him, statistically he is beginning to look better than Calderwood - I'll get my coat.

HFC 0-7
05-11-2011, 08:16 PM
The problem is though:

I think we have only moaned once when a manager was sacked and that was sauzee, cant remember anyone getting too annoyed about a manager resigning tho.

We blame the board for sticking by a crap manager

We blame the board for not backing the manager when we are doing well

We blame the board for backing the manager when they are crap.

The only 2 there I would agree with you about as being a problem is the ex players ones.

carnoustiehibee
05-11-2011, 08:19 PM
the board should sack cc and get someone in like pat nevin a director of football to oversee the appointment of the next manager.

the problem is tho, that this situation is much more deep rooted than just change the manager. coaches,board members and the whole scouting system has to bee changed.

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
the board should sack cc and get someone in like pat nevin a director of football to oversee the appointment of the next manager.

the problem is tho, that this situation is much more deep rooted than just change the manager. coaches,board members and the whole scouting system has to bee changed.then sack themselves

bighairyfaeleith
05-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I think we have only moaned once when a manager was sacked and that was sauzee, cant remember anyone getting too annoyed about a manager resigning tho.

We blame the board for sticking by a crap manager

We blame the board for not backing the manager when we are doing well

We blame the board for backing the manager when they are crap.

The only 2 there I would agree with you about as being a problem is the ex players ones.

Yes but it's all perception, JC delivered the league cup but then results started too dip and doubts got raised about his signings then he quit/got forced out. Then cam mixu, the football was boring and he seems un-capable of handling the pressure, eventually he quit. Then came yogi and all was great, folk loved his passion and the way he talked about football. A few months later he was a buffoon who talked a load of ****.

The mixu took over kilmarnock and was great, played good football and if only hibs had stuck by him.

Do you see what I'm getting at yet?

HFC 0-7
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes but it's all perception, JC delivered the league cup but then results started too dip and doubts got raised about his signings then he quit/got forced out. Then cam mixu, the football was boring and he seems un-capable of handling the pressure, eventually he quit. Then came yogi and all was great, folk loved his passion and the way he talked about football. A few months later he was a buffoon who talked a load of ****.

The mixu took over kilmarnock and was great, played good football and if only hibs had stuck by him.

Do you see what I'm getting at yet?

I see what your getting at but you are generalising whats going on. I tried to explain why people do what they do. In regards to Mixu, he publicly said that after Hibs he had to go away and re think his strategy and I believe he done some more coaching courses etc. he in the end basically said that he needed what happened at hibs to make him a better manager. Sticking by him probably wouldnt have made him rethink his strategies and view of the SPL in the way he did.

There was a lot of people during the Yogi reign that were questioning him, we won quite a few games by the skin of our teeth. JC is an unknown, yes some of his signings were bad but he did win us a cup and was trying to change the culture at hibs which still seems to be a problem. Question for you, if the fans didnt moan and were happy ploughing all their money regardless, would we have gotten out the first division under duffy?

Allant1981
05-11-2011, 08:58 PM
When did the info come out about the AGM? i havent had anything through the post. Not unless the mrs has binned it

bighairyfaeleith
05-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I see what your getting at but you are generalising whats going on. I tried to explain why people do what they do. In regards to Mixu, he publicly said that after Hibs he had to go away and re think his strategy and I believe he done some more coaching courses etc. he in the end basically said that he needed what happened at hibs to make him a better manager. Sticking by him probably wouldnt have made him rethink his strategies and view of the SPL in the way he did.

There was a lot of people during the Yogi reign that were questioning him, we won quite a few games by the skin of our teeth. JC is an unknown, yes some of his signings were bad but he did win us a cup and was trying to change the culture at hibs which still seems to be a problem. Question for you, if the fans didnt moan and were happy ploughing all their money regardless, would we have gotten out the first division under duffy?

No we wouldn't have and I'm not saying we shouldn't moan, for me CC is not the man to take us forward. I just think the board have taken a variety of options in recent managers and none have worked, but each time they have according to the managers backed them so what else should the board do?

sparkiedelpaco7
05-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Rod Petrie's Job is to balance the books. END OF.

Whether we want him to do more or not is completely different but this is what STF wants him to do.

The person who is 100% completely behind the problem is Calderwood.

We do not need to change the board, just the manager. BEFORE MIDNIGHT.

Groathillgrump
05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
When did the info come out about the AGM? i havent had anything through the post. Not unless the mrs has binned it The letter that came with the financial statements was dated 14th October so you should have received it a couple of days later.

HFC 0-7
05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
No we wouldn't have and I'm not saying we shouldn't moan, for me CC is not the man to take us forward. I just think the board have taken a variety of options in recent managers and none have worked, but each time they have according to the managers backed them so what else should the board do?

Not sure all the managers have said that the board have backed them, Hughes certainly has a few things to say about it, Mixu said there were difficulties IIRC and JC definately said he wasnt backed enough. This is probably all down to what the managers were promised and what was delivered to them.

If the board feel they have done all they can but are still falling short then the answer is staring you in the face, its the boards fault. If they continue to appoint a string of managers which under achieve then they are the ones at fault. Remember, the board sets the budget, they appoint the manager and they have publicly set the goals. They are underachieving and have been for 4 out of the last 5 seasons

Sir David Gray
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Just wondering out of curiosity if you need to be a shareholder to attend the agm or you can just attend if you want?

You have to be a shareholder.

bighairyfaeleith
06-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Not sure all the managers have said that the board have backed them, Hughes certainly has a few things to say about it, Mixu said there were difficulties IIRC and JC definately said he wasnt backed enough. This is probably all down to what the managers were promised and what was delivered to them.

If the board feel they have done all they can but are still falling short then the answer is staring you in the face, its the boards fault. If they continue to appoint a string of managers which under achieve then they are the ones at fault. Remember, the board sets the budget, they appoint the manager and they have publicly set the goals. They are underachieving and have been for 4 out of the last 5 seasons

None of them said while in the job, all got to sign lots of players and spend lots of money (on wages at least, especially hughes) and none of them worked, possibly because we all got on there backs too early, possibly because it was to big a job for them but I don't believe it was because they didn't get the boards support. It's easy once you have left to make snidey comments about the board to try and make it look like it wasn't your fault that doesn't mean they are telling the truth either.

The board are responsible for appointing the manager, sack the board though and replace with who exactly?

CC needs to quit, we need to a new manager in who can work with a low budget, bring through youth players and try and play exciting football. Simple really :greengrin

LeithBoozy
06-11-2011, 06:45 AM
If Calderwood has had the full backing of the board, it seems strange to me that he has decided to play without a recognized full back all this time?:rolleyes:

Dr Jimmy
06-11-2011, 07:50 AM
CC needs to quit, we need to a new manager in who can work with a low budget, bring through youth players and try and play exciting football. Simple really :greengrin What like, Killie, D Utd & ICT last season and Motherwell & ST Mirren this season? It can be done, but the vision and strategy has to be put in place by the board from the start. Instead of the current policy of quick fixes and short term contracts for journeymen.

Springbank
06-11-2011, 07:51 AM
If Calderwood has had the full backing of the board, it seems strange to me that he has decided to play without a recognized full back all this time?:rolleyes:

He spent all his flippin transfer window looking in the sweetie shop windows of the English Midlands, instead of at football players for Hibernian FC

I wish he'd just go, and be the number 2 he is cut out to be

Dr Jimmy
06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
If Calderwood has had the full backing of the board, it seems strange to me that he has decided to play without a recognized full back all this time?:rolleyes: If he has had full backing then he has failed in his role and must be removed immediately.If he has not been fully backed he should come out and say so and let the board explain why.

Beefster
06-11-2011, 08:01 AM

Whether we want him to do more or not is completely different but this is what STF wants him to do.

I think you misunderstand the role of a chairman.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Might be worth going for him, statistically he is beginning to look better than Calderwood - I'll get my coat.

cc played 49 won 12 drawn 11 lost 26
jh played 54 won 19 drawn 12 lost 23

Ray_
06-11-2011, 09:54 AM

The problem is that Petrie is still making a pigs ear of doing his job?

We ended up 18M in debt during his leadership, the sale of assets mainly attributed to an extremely rare crop of talented youngsters & a shrewd managerial appointment brought down the said debt & again, as before, we are now again in the position where thousands of fans [and revenue] are being driven away and with the assets all sold & very little evidence of the rare talent being a constant stream [which our board believed would happen but reality dictated this was never going to be] the debt is again significantly rising.

EK_Hibs
06-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I predict CC will remain manager for now and the board will refer to a recent improvement in results (prior to the Pars defeat).

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-11-2011, 10:09 AM
cc played 49 won 12 drawn 11 lost 26
jh played 54 won 19 drawn 12 lost 23Yogi inherited a better squad from the legacy of Mowbray and Mixu, whereas, Yogi left Calderwood with dross to work with.

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Yogi inherited a better squad from the legacy of Mowbray and Mixu, whereas, Yogi left Calderwood with dross to work with.

CC signed players in Jan, it's been more or less his team since then. This season 100% his.

and the results are ?

ps. Yogi signed Miller, Stokes, McBride etc, that were the key players whilst doing well.

Was right to sack Yogi and it would be right to sack CC now.

The board are as much the problem though and until things change there, we're going to contunie to bobble along as a pishy football club.

vla_di_vla
06-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I would be asking

a) How much CC cost to bring to the club.

b) How much we could have had if we let him go in the summer.

c) How much it would now cost to get rid of him.

d) Why we didn't invoke the alleged top 6 clause in his contract

Not sure any of them would be answered though

hibsbollah
06-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Don't forget your pitchforks :flag:

BEEJ
06-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Don't forget your pitchforks :flag:
I remember the good old days before health and safety took hold when you could take flaming torches to such meetings. :coolhib:

TheEastTerrace
06-11-2011, 11:29 AM
The problem is that Petrie is still making a pigs ear of doing his job?

We ended up 18M in debt during his leadership, the sale of assets mainly attributed to an extremely rare crop of talented youngsters & a shrewd managerial appointment brought down the said debt & again, as before, we are now again in the position where thousands of fans [and revenue] are being driven away and with the assets all sold & very little evidence of the rare talent being a constant stream [which our board believed would happen but reality dictated this was never going to be] the debt is again significantly rising.

:agree:

Hibs have become very complacent.

There are a number of similarities with the recent shake-up at the Scottish Rugby Union and Hibs. In Gordon McKie, they had a CEO who took on the running of the organisation when they were heomorrahging money and in a lot of debt. McKie was a finance man and he worked successfully to reduce the SRU's debt and put it on a more solid financial footing.

However, it became very clear that he was not the man to lead the SRU in terms of developing its performance structure and the management of the two professional sides in Scotland. He isn't a marketeer either and the SRU/Edinburgh/Glasgow have been very poor in enticing people to watch Scotland and the two professional sides. As a result, there are no bums on seats and the clubs lose money. In addition, their best players are moving south and abroad for better wages.

The way I see it at Hibs, you have a board who are largely made up of finance, accountancy and business backgrounds, but fundamentally lacking individuals with real experience of running football operations i.e. a performance director. We are also lacking a real quality scouting network because let's face it, the dross Hibs have brought in over the last few seasons has been excessive. We need to be able to identify good players within our means in terms of wages. Not easy I admit, but you have to start somewhere.

We also have to question what goes on at East Mains. We seem to produce good youth teams, but are they ready to step up to the SPL? As far as I can see, East Mains is only a facility. Unless you have the quality coaching staff, it doesn't matter a jot where you train or the standard of facilities. I would actually venture to say that the players do not spend enough time there developing and improving. More contact hours with quality coaches is required.

We are a club who really need a change of direction and real analysis as to how it progresses on the pitch.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 11:34 AM
What like, Killie, D Utd & ICT last season and Motherwell & ST Mirren this season? It can be done, but the vision and strategy has to be put in place by the board from the start. Instead of the current policy of quick fixes and short term contracts for journeymen.

And those clubs you mention do it season after season do they?

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
The board are responsible for appointing the manager, sack the board though and replace with who exactly?

CC needs to quit, we need to a new manager in who can work with a low budget, bring through youth players and try and play exciting football. Simple really :greengrin

Yip. Nortonhibby to take over. Sorted.

hibsbollah
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I remember the good old days before health and safety took hold when you could take flaming torches to such meetings. :coolhib:

Great days indeed. £4.99 from the Angry Mob Accessory Discount Stores. You could get reconditioned ducking stools as well. But thanks to the PC health and safety brigade these days are long gone.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Great days indeed. £4.99 from the Angry Mob Accessory Discount Stores. You could get reconditioned ducking stools as well. But thanks to the PC health and safety brigade these days are long gone.

Political correctness gone mad. :grr:

offshorehibby
06-11-2011, 11:51 AM

the problem is tho, that this situation is much more deep rooted than just change the manager. coaches,board members and the whole scouting system has to bee changed.

All the recent managerial appointments have on paper seemed good. Why would a director of football be any better at bringing in a manager. More likely to have clouded vision and bring in an old crony.

mcfly
06-11-2011, 11:53 AM
is anyone on here going to the AGM??

If so what are your plans for questions to the board & the manager??

I hope that you are not fobbed off with pre answered questions and cheap talk re " we are all hurting"

I'd like answers to:

what are their plans to stop the slide in fans??
how are they going to improve results - because the players arent good enough.
why no leader on the pitch
what are they going to do to stop the losses?
how can they reinvigorate the disillusioned fans who have given up on the team and manager

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I would be asking

a) How much CC cost to bring to the club.

b) How much we could have had if we let him go in the summer.

c) How much it would now cost to get rid of him.

d) Why we didn't invoke the alleged top 6 clause in his contract

Not sure any of them would be answered though

Only a + c are capable of being answered IMO. Even then they are not going to be answered as they will give away too much detail.

There is no evidence that b + d are even true. You could ask though. I will be there and look forward to it.

Tyler Durden
06-11-2011, 12:34 PM
:agree:

Hibs have become very complacent.

There are a number of similarities with the recent shake-up at the Scottish Rugby Union and Hibs. In Gordon McKie, they had a CEO who took on the running of the organisation when they were heomorrahging money and in a lot of debt. McKie was a finance man and he worked successfully to reduce the SRU's debt and put it on a more solid financial footing.

However, it became very clear that he was not the man to lead the SRU in terms of developing its performance structure and the management of the two professional sides in Scotland. He isn't a marketeer either and the SRU/Edinburgh/Glasgow have been very poor in enticing people to watch Scotland and the two professional sides. As a result, there are no bums on seats and the clubs lose money. In addition, their best players are moving south and abroad for better wages.

The way I see it at Hibs, you have a board who are largely made up of finance, accountancy and business backgrounds, but fundamentally lacking individuals with real experience of running football operations i.e. a performance director. We are also lacking a real quality scouting network because let's face it, the dross Hibs have brought in over the last few seasons has been excessive. We need to be able to identify good players within our means in terms of wages. Not easy I admit, but you have to start somewhere.

We also have to question what goes on at East Mains. We seem to produce good youth teams, but are they ready to step up to the SPL? As far as I can see, East Mains is only a facility. Unless you have the quality coaching staff, it doesn't matter a jot where you train or the standard of facilities. I would actually venture to say that the players do not spend enough time there developing and improving. More contact hours with quality coaches is required.

We are a club who really need a change of direction and real analysis as to how it progresses on the pitch.

Totally agree with this. A lot of the people backing the board seem to say base their reasoning on the lack of other fresh investment to come in and do a better job. For me that is totally missing the point. The board are there to maximise revenue streams for the club. The key factor here is obviously success on the pitch. If they consistently fail to put the right team in place, they must be held accountable. It's the same in any business.

Having failed on their last 3 appointments, we've haemorraged revenues on the park, which is a vicious cycle, as the longer it continues, the less money you have to invest back on the park to halt the slide. Despite that, we still have the resources to be at least mid table, yet they're backing a manager who looks certain to have us in the bottom 3 or 4 at best for the second year running.

On top of that the board seem to be doing a pretty awful job on the PR/marketing/merchandising side of things.

And on the scouting point, I think you're bang on - has John Park ever been properly replaced?

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Totally agree with this. A lot of the people backing the board seem to say base their reasoning on the lack of other fresh investment to come in and do a better job. For me that is totally missing the point. The board are there to maximise revenue streams for the club. The key factor here is obviously success on the pitch. If they consistently fail to put the right team in place, they must be held accountable. It's the same in any business.

Having failed on their last 3 appointments, we've haemorraged revenues on the park, which is a vicious cycle, as the longer it continues, the less money you have to invest back on the park to halt the slide. Despite that, we still have the resources to be at least mid table, yet they're backing a manager who looks certain to have us in the bottom 3 or 4 at best for the second year running.

On top of that the board seem to be doing a pretty awful job on the PR/marketing/merchandising side of things.

And on the scouting point, I think you're bang on - has John Park ever been properly replaced?

More to the point has Donald Park ever been properly replaced, this man eats drinks and sleeps football, every weekend you would see him around the East of Scotland league games looking for young talented footballers when he was at Hibs, he gave everything he had to the club, through the week he took the youth training, at night time he would be training players from school age and he would also find time to go away to games and scout players, do we have someone at the club right now who is doing that work load, i doubt it very much.

Are the board waiting on the next batch of O'Connors Brown Thomson Riordan Fletcher Whittaker to come through our youth rank so that they can be sold again to bail out that lot sitting upstairs in there comfy seats, if so they will be very dissapointed as Hibs are not producing the players i have mentioned anymore, and it seems the board have no back up plan to genarate money for the club.

The Modfather
06-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Someone should just print of the email that Right Said Frank fella, who IMO is one of the best posters on .net (:greengrin) sent to the board, on the "Response From The Board" Thread and get them to answer that at the AGM.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
More to the point has Donald Park ever been properly replaced, this man eats drinks and sleeps football, every weekend you would see him around the East of Scotland league games looking for young talented footballers when he was at Hibs, he gave everything he had to the club, through the week he took the youth training, at night time he would be training players from school age and he would also find time to go away to games and scout players, do we have someone at the club right now who is doing that work load, i doubt it very much.

Are the board waiting on the next batch of O'Connors Brown Thomson Riordan Fletcher Whittaker to come through our youth rank so that they can be sold again to bail out that lot sitting upstairs in there comfy seats, if so they will be very dissapointed as Hibs are not producing the players i have mentioned anymore, and it seems the board have no back up plan to genarate money for the club.

Donald Park left for reasons nothing to do with football and no he has not been replaced adequately but I would add that, IMO, someone like Donald Park is irreplaceable.

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
The club should be based on youth development and when appropriate the playrrs should be sold to generate revenue and investment for the club. We cant expect there to be a constant stream of youth but we have suffered that mixu and Hughes did not focus on bringing through the youth. Now cc has gone we need a manager who will work and develop the youth supplemented by some good solid pros and we build from there.