PDA

View Full Version : Time's up (merged CC GTF threads)

BroxburnHibee
05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Enough said really

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Enough said reallyIt's been up for a long time, Clueless's and Petrie's :taxi :bye:

Hibiza
05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Enough is enough. Just a pure embarresment.

Nando™
05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Losing at home to Dunfermline is beyond enough, not to mentioned the ineptness of the performance on show.

Get Calderwood tae **** now, the derby will be my last game until he's gone.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-11-2011, 04:00 PM
And so say all of us, just wait till we are away to beddypops tonight and the happy clappers will be on here singing his praises no doubt...and Petrie's :rolleyes:

HibsMax
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
And so say all of us, just wait till we are away to beddypops tonight and the happy clappers will be on here singing his praises no doubt...and Petrie's :rolleyes:

Who are these people that sing his praises? I've only seen people suggesting he gets given more time (Christmas or end of season). I haven't seen anyone singing his praises, far from it.

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 04:04 PM
To pack his suitcases and to call a taxi.

:taxi

newmarket_hibbee
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
its been a while since I posted anything on the board, but feel after just watching that disgrace that's Hibs, I had to comment. Ive watched the last couple of games on Hibs TV, and i really feel for the paying fans watching that crap every week, they actually make watching TFC bearable (and that,s no mean feet). There's no hustle, there's no imagination, seems like no pride in wearing the sweater, and as far as O'connor, his display as captain was crap!! did he make a pass today??? jeez i'm pissed...........................................e nough said!

edwards
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
It's over

Taxi for Calderwood

Surely there can't b any more sympathizers

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM

:thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Who are these people that sing his praises? I've only seen people suggesting he gets given more time (Christmas or end of season). I haven't seen anyone singing his praises, far from it.

Twas only in jest Max, they're on here and they know who they are...you watch :greengrin

Joe
05-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I am outraged after that!!!!! He has had near fifty games, a year of training, two transfer windows and a dozen signings and were actually worse than we were under Yogi. Atleast Yogi had one good spell, Calderwood must be the worst Hibs manager since Duffy, if not even worse than that.

Get the **** out of my club, piss of down to England to play golf or do whatever the hell you want just don't come back to Hibs because YOU CAN'T HACK IT!!!!!!!!

To think we will actually have to pay money to get shot of him, if he had any pride he would resign

Time is up, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out :taxi:taxi:taxi

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Showed his arrogance in the summer when he treatest this club with embaaraasing contempt so he's not going to resign. Sack him NOW!

SteveHFC
05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Get this f****** brainless clown out of the club. We are going nowhere under him. Get him to f***.

TheEastTerrace
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
If only we could get them all tae ****!

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
No need for a taxi, my car is fuelled up and ready to drop him over the Border tonight.

Fife-Hibee
05-11-2011, 04:17 PM
:agree:

Winston Ingram
05-11-2011, 04:17 PM
It is Petrie's fault for hiring him but the fans shouting for Petrie to have got their priorities wrong.

A new chairman may very well keep this clown.

Wtf was the formation today? Agogo in midfield. No right midfielder at all. Where exactly were Galbraith and Griffiths playing? The man is an idiot

SaulGoodman
05-11-2011, 04:18 PM
No need for a taxi, my car is fuelled up and ready to drop him over the Border tonight. No need. The way I feel tonight I could boot him back over the border

Judas Iscariot
Regarding their possible support for a new yam stadium...

How bout you get writing again but this time to complain to the gonads at ER that are allowing this clueless fud Calderwood destroy our club :grr:

This is far more worrying than any potential yam stadium build :agree:

HibbyKeith
Pointless getting rid of Calderwood for the root of the problem to replace him with a new manager.

Get PETRIE out first, then sort out the manager.

we are slumping into a 1 step forward 2 steps back club.

stubru59
No need for a taxi, my car is fuelled up and ready to drop him over the Border tonight.

Join the queue.

edwards
05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
I will gladly pay for a flight back down to Nottingham or wherever he wants to go.

Houghton can have him for free now. FFS

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Great... If you need a hand getting him into the boot, give me a shout. :wink: :greengrin

Winston Ingram
05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
If we are paying for it he can get the ****in bus. We shouldn't waste one more penny on this clown

DarrenSQH
05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
He needs to go. He has had more than enough time.

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Join the queue.

Think you're the one joining the 'queue' :devil:

Hibercelona
05-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Be sure to have your work phone on mate. You might need it! :wink:

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Pointless getting rid of Calderwood for the root of the problem to replace him with a new manager.

Get PETRIE out first, then sort out the manager.

we are slumping into a 1 step forward 2 steps back club.

Or, get them both out at the same time. Sorted.

Hiber-nation
05-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Regarding their possible support for a new yam stadium...

How bout you get writing again but this time to complain to the gonads at ER that are allowing this clueless fud Calderwood destroy our club :grr:

This is far more worrying than any potential yam stadium build :agree:

Spot on. Its been great to have a laugh at that lot but we are in huge trouble and the the only solution I can see is for heads to roll.

Petrie and Calderwood must go.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm bored with all this Calderwood 'stay or go' nonsense - it's evident that he's sack proof and going nowhere under the current regime. He must have the worst record in senior football for a manager and still be in his post. When he finally leaves there will be no shortage of applicants - a club where results don't really matter.

After the League Cup game with Celtic, I decided that I couldn't be bothered going back until either 1) he goes, 2) results/performances improve. It's clear that neither of these things is going to happen. Meantime our crowds shrink from 3/4 stadium capacity to barely ha;f, and they'll be at the 1/4 5,000 soon - and I doubt we'll to wait for the split for it.

It's like groundhog day, only with one mundane, miserable day focused on.

I never thought I'd see the day when I was bored with the affairs at Hibs. Exasperated, frustrated, annoyed, sometimes elated, but this is just tedium beyond belief. And it shows no real sign of ending.

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Or, get them both out at the same time. Sorted.:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/no_calderwood-petrie.jpg

Andy74
05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not even going to talk about CC anymore. It's obvious he needs to go.

And yes, Petrie needs to go now too.

SneakersO'Toole
05-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I actually have a draft email that has been growing week by week but been looking for the right time to send it.

Well the time has come. It will be waiting in Mr. Hylands inbox for him first thing monday morning.

I had a very interesting email exchange with him just prior to the winning run we had last season so I look forward to reminding him to some of his comments and holding them accountable.

I will also make a note of trying to speak with him in person on Tuesday do expand on certain things.

To any/all board members reading this, expect fireworks on Tuesday. You have set the so-called example, time to face up to your numerous mistakes

MrSmith
05-11-2011, 05:20 PM
For a while now this statement has been playing on my mind! When discussing previous managers today with my buddy, it struck me that, in my view, the 'unworkable legacy' is that which the board have created themselves! John Collins attempted to change the culture of the playing staff making them fitter, more competitive and winners! So, a culture change to progress all things Hibs - Marvelous! However, what happens next is the players revolt, the board undermine the manager giving the players the power therefore creating the legacy in which we now exist!

Too many managers, too many below average players and a board who are so arrogant that they have definitely provided the fans with an unworkable legacy!

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Fire it up here & people can copy, paste & send if they choose..

Instead of mumping our gums and creaming about the yams etc let's to something about the STATE that our own club is in.. :rolleyes:

Houchy
05-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Get this f****** brainless clown out of the club. We are going nowhere under him. Get him to f***.

Couldn't agree more.:agree:

We've been in the bottom 6 so long now that we are viewed by weaker teams than us such as Killie, Motherwell, St Johnston, Dundee Unt etc, as a bottom 6 club ourselves. This is giving teams like Dunfermline a mental "extra" when playing against, what used to be, a decent scalp.

Until this clueless tit remains is launched ASAP, there really will only 1 team in Edinburgh, and it won't be us.

CC...GTF!!!

Peevemor
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
For a while now this statement has been playing on my mind! When discussing previous managers today with my buddy, it struck me that, in my view, the 'unworkable legacy' is that which the board have created themselves! John Collins attempted to change the culture of the playing staff making them fitter, more competitive and winners! So, a culture change to progress all things Hibs - Marvelous! However, what happens next is the players revolt, the board undermine the manager giving the players the power therefore creating the legacy in which we now exist!

Too many managers, too many below average players and a board who are so arrogant that they have definitely provided the fans with an unworkable legacy!

When are people going to stop posting this pish. The board backed the manager. The players issued an apology.

JC may have had some good ideas, but our current problems are largely down to the crap squad he put together. Yes he lost some good players, but his signings were atrocious.

MountcastleHibs
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I used to be in the 'give him time' brigade, but recent performances have been unacceptable. He HAS to go.

MrSmith
05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
When are people going to stop posting this pish. The board backed the manager. The players issued an apology.

JC may have had some good ideas, but our current problems are largely down to the crap squad he put together. Yes he lost some good players, but his signings were atrocious.

No they did not! The board in no way should have entertained any meeting with the players outwith the manger! Backed him? back stabbed him more like!

And by the way, its not pish!

PaulSmith
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15608963.stm

The last 10 seconds is a truly mind-blowing admission from CC. If he really didn't believe in his team at the start of the season how the hell can he motivate them and inspire.

DJ HIBBY
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
The next managerial appointment is the biggest decision this current board will face and one they cannot get wrong!

With that in mind who would you have as next manager?

My first choice would be Sean O'Driscoll who was was at Doncaster Rovers until recently. Granted he was sacked, probably because it had went stale and he perhaps had been there too long. But on the whole he was successful, linked with big jobs and had them playing attractive football!

I think he could be succesful similar to what Mogga was for us.

Failing that I would offer Gordon Strachan a contract to the end of the season to steady the ship.

For some strange reason, I just have a bad feeling if we were to appoint Michael O'Neil.

greenlex
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I have long advocated he gets more time. I gave him atarget if 8 points from 5 games after the Motherwell defeat or he should go. He can still do that having 4 fom 3 games After that game today I now would like him to be removed. This game had we won would have caapulted us up the league and hot on the heels of Hearts and St Johnstone. It was not the getting beat for me it was the manner if it. Not one bit of passion shown from anyone anywhere. Misplaced passes. No movement. No passion. No one on the park to get he team going and no one in the dug out either. Quite simply after a few weeks of just about getting there this result and more its manner is a huge boot in the stanes. I know he can still reach that target with another 4 points from the next two but I certainly would not gamble on it. In short enough really is enough. Its his job to motivate the players. That was one of the SPL whipping boys that beat us. Calderwood must be removed this week. I am raging tonight.

woodyloon
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15608963.stm

The last 10 seconds is a truly mind-blowing admission from CC. If he really didn't believe in his team at the start of the season how the hell can he motivate them and inspire.

It is totally shocking his statement near the end of the interview, he states when aked by Jim Spence that results are going to ebb and flow, we might get a couple of results then back to normal service. Firstly why didn't Jim Spence push the subject after his comments rather than just say. ok Colins thanks...
Secondly he must be saying the same thing to the board and they must be happy with his thoughts for the progression of the teams, basically this is the best it's going to get, and he stated he has being saying this since the start of the season.

Funny that teams like Motherwell, and Killie have managed to cope with a change of manager better than CC has, why, what is his problem, and if he doesn't know then why is he still in the position of strangling the life out of the club.

Cropley10
05-11-2011, 08:03 PM
It is totally shocking his statement near the end of the interview, he states when aked by Jim Spence that results are going to ebb and flow, we might get a couple of results then back to normal service. Firstly why didn't Jim Spence push the subject after his comments rather than just say. ok Colins thanks...
Secondly he must be saying the same thing to the board and they must be happy with his thoughts for the progression of the teams, basically this is the best it's going to get, and he stated he has being saying this since the start of the season.

Funny that teams like Motherwell, and Killie have managed to cope with a change of manager better than CC has, why, what is his problem, and if he doesn't know then why is he still in the position of strangling the life out of the club.

Motherwell in particular demonstrate what a nonsense all this balance sheet pis h really. Rubbish crowds and 'infrastructure' but a decent enough team. Why?

lugz
05-11-2011, 08:13 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/no_calderwood-petrie.jpg

That picture should honestly be made into a banner and shown at the next home game.
Action has to be taken ASAP before we're watching us play falkirk and Livingston next season.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2011, 08:13 PM

The warning signs were there when he came away with this little gem back in July;

"We will need a real big improvement, we'll need to grow, as I can't see us starting the season in the type of form that will take us there."

AND

"But we will have to ride out one or two storms in the first half of the season really."

And that was before a ball had even been kicked!

RickyS
05-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Motherwell in particular demonstrate what a nonsense all this balance sheet pis h really. Rubbish crowds and 'infrastructure' but a decent enough team. Why?

he makes me so ****ing angry at times, its exactly as i said it would be at the start of the season, ebbing and flowing and today we have demonstrated exactly that!
so Colin you predicted we would ebb and flow at the bottom of the table? i dont ****ing remember that. and as you say above other teams with sometimes half the cash can compete at the right end and do their ebbing and flowing in the top six. the mans an absolute clown and i hope he is reading this is Nottingham - COLIN PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CLUB.....DO THE RIGHT THING! RESIGN NOW

Peevemor
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
No they did not! The board in no way should have entertained any meeting with the players outwith the manger!

Why?

Backed him? back stabbed him more like!

In what way?

PapillonVert
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree, the Board needs to act very soon.

(PS: I don't like the "GTF" bit - I would like to think the Club could do this with some decorum. A person is being sacked - in public. Please allow the man some dignity.)

Springbank
05-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Why? In what way? next time a manager wins a cup, five one or otherwise, i will expect 1. A player revolt and 2. The chairman to play host. In your world that is 'backing'? Seriously?

BS44
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM

What is your proof - except from the Hibs fans forums - that Collins team was fitter?

:agree: Same old regurgitated nonsense from that poster.

Peevemor
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
next time a manager wins a cup, five one or otherwise, i will expect 1. A player revolt and 2. The chairman to play host. In your world that is 'backing'? Seriously?

Surely it depends what the chairman said to the players - the same players who later issued an apology.

Andy74
05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
next time a manager wins a cup, five one or otherwise, i will expect 1. A player revolt and 2. The chairman to play host. In your world that is 'backing'? Seriously?

Meeting them isn't backing them. As the boss of the manager he had to speak with them when they wished to escalate a complaint.

What happened after was that the players apologised, some then got emptied and the manager was still there.

He was backed over that incident.

hfc rd
05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
That picture should honestly be made into a banner and shown at the next home game.
Action has to be taken ASAP before we're watching us play falkirk and Livingston next season.

Totally agree. It should be shown at all times until those two get the message and just get out of our club. The sooner, the better before it is too late.

ballengeich
05-11-2011, 10:16 PM
No they did not! The board in no way should have entertained any meeting with the players outwith the manger! Backed him? back stabbed him more like!

So when a manager has fallen out with his staff the executive should take the manager's side without even finding out what the staff's grievance is. Nice to see that there are people on this forum who make Margaret Thatcher look like a bleeding-heart liberal where industrial relations are concerned.

In the situation Petrie was faced with the only thing to do was to speak to the players to hear their side. I believe they later apologised so the executive definitely did not undermine their manager. They didn't have to as he was doing it to himself.

Tha Cabbage Kid
05-11-2011, 10:17 PM
what about harold bratbakk?

Sir David Gray
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
To be fair, although I really don't think it has worked out with Calderwood at Hibs, to me our problems run a lot deeper than getting rid of the manager. The first problem I would have is that I no longer have any faith at all in the board being able to choose the correct manager the next time the position becomes vacant, which I'm assuming will be sooner rather than later.

We're talking here about a manager who got promoted with Northampton and Nottingham Forest only a few years ago. Then we also had Mixu Paatelainen who was distinctly average at Hibs but who excelled at Kilmarnock and is now manager of a national side. And John Hughes did fairly well with Falkirk, getting them promoted to the SPL and keeping them there and also getting them to a Scottish Cup final, which gave the club its first taste of European football in its entire history.

I honestly don't know what the answer is but there are so many problems facing the club right now and I'm really not sure that our fortunes will change much in the long term by simply removing the manager, although I accept that is something that really has to be done as a matter of urgency.

greenlex
05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
To be fair, although I really don't think it has worked out with Calderwood at Hibs, to me our problems run a lot deeper than getting rid of the manager. The first problem I would have is that I no longer have any faith at all in the board being able to choose the correct manager the next time the position becomes vacant, which I'm assuming will be sooner rather than later.

We're talking here about a manager who got promoted with Northampton and Nottingham Forest only a few years ago. Then we also had Mixu Paatelainen who was distinctly average at Hibs but who excelled at Kilmarnock and is now manager of a national side. And John Hughes did fairly well with Falkirk, getting them promoted to the SPL and keeping them there and also getting them to a Scottish Cup final, which gave the club its first taste of European football in its entire history.

I honestly don't know what the answer is but there are so many problems facing the club right now and I'm really not sure that our fortunes will change much in the long term by simply removing the manager, although I accept that is something that really has to be done as a matter of urgency.

I agree Calderwood has not worked out despite being backed financially andwith a decent amount of time. Heshould now be removed.
The board? Well the vast vast majority of boards all over the world dont get it right. I really dont think a change there would be any different. As you say most appointments look fine on paper. I am sure the next one will too whoever appoints him. This board or another one. One thing is certain is that the chances are he will not be successful as a huge percentage of managers fail. What then? another new board?
If we get lucky and a successful one is appointed he will be off to bigger and better things sooner rather than later. Then we start again. Lifes **** innit.