PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Hearts to fold?

seven nowt
05-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Would you like Hearts to fold or not? People will argue that there is a similar thread open already but I think this is much more specific.

It's an easy question.

MrSmith
05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Definitely not! Best game in the SPL is the Edinburgh Derby by a countryside mile!

Can't stand their mob of recent times but a good few of my good mates are good jambo fans and for this and the above reason, I want them to continue.

They do though, need to rid themselves of the mad one!

wazoo1875
05-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes from me, in the past I'd have said no. However even the decent fudleys I know have turned into the most blinkered deluded spaztards that cannae see what's going on right in front of them for the last few years. **** them!!

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
YES!
If they go bust I dinnae think I'll ever stop laughing again unless I laugh so hard my heid falls off (which could very well happen :rotflmao: )

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
No. I just want them to know what it's like living within a budget, playing in the 3rd division for a wee while and their fan base dropping from 400,000 to 10,000.

Fife-Hibee
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
cant come quick enough for me. I'll die laughing !!:bye::bye:

Steve20
05-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Yes I would love it if they did.

No chance of it happening anytime soon though.

HIBEETILLIDIE
05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
ohhhhh yeesssss!

Cabbage East
05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Absolutely.

offshorehibby
05-11-2011, 10:39 AM
No, the Derby is the first fixture i still look for.

R'Albin
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
No. I just want them to know what it's like living within a budget, playing in the 3rd division for a wee while and their fan base dropping from 400,000 to 10,000.

:agree:

McIntosh
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I voted No. I have never hated Hearts and despite the folly in being actively taken in by that gangster Romanov they however are not our enemies. Their fans are many of our friends, neighbours and close relatives. I for one would not wish them to go through the trauma and agony of that type of event I remember the agonies and suffering we went through when we came close to demise in 1990. I would never wish anyone to go through that experience. I am sure that if that tragedy occurred that Hearts would re-emerge owned by the people that love and cherish it. Their real battle is for the 'soul' of their club, one which has been corrupted beyond belief by the cancer which is Vladimir Romanov.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
They would not be told - big men, big fall.

snooky
05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I voted No. I have never hated Hearts and despite the folly in being actively taken in by that gangster Romanov they however are not our enemies. Their fans are many of our friends, neighbours and close relatives. I for one would not wish them to go through the trauma and agony of that type of event I remember the agonies and suffering we went through when we came close to demise in 1990. I would never wish anyone to go through that experience. I am sure that if that tragedy occurred that Hearts would re-emerge owned by the people that love and cherish it. Their real battle is for the 'soul' of their club, one which has been corrupted beyond belief by the cancer which is Vladimir Romanov.

Best ever post on the endless saga relating to the state of HOM.
Well said, Mr McI :applause: :top marks

muzzhfc
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
no, enjoy the banter, the derbies etc too much. as I said on another thread, i just want them to be around, but way less successful than us

Paisley Hibby
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Definitely not! Best game in the SPL is the Edinburgh Derby by a countryside mile!

Can't stand their mob of recent times but a good few of my good mates are good jambo fans and for this and the above reason, I want them to continue.

They do though, need to rid themselves of the mad one!

Well said Mr Smith. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that this is a ridiculous question to ask!

Geo_1875
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Hell yeah.
They have lived outwith their means, even before Romanov,for short-term gain. They claim to be targeting the Old Firm but still measure themselves against us. That applies to both the club and the supporters. Fuds one and all.

Hibee87
05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Definetly not, as people have said its ther derby days that are the best. Yes i will laugh at the fire sale and all the goings on over the road but i wouldnt want them to be wiped off the face of the earth. I dont understand any hibs fan who would unless they have never been to a derby match that we won, you dont get that feeling against anyone else

mim
05-11-2011, 11:08 AM

Perhaps you've forgotten who was responsible for that? - the fat Jambo bar steward.

Before those events, I would have totally agreed with your post, but not now.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I like them to suffer, but never fold

madabouthibs
05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I'd like them to suffer Bigtime, third div. Fire sale, renamed even, but not disappear completely. I love Derby day, even though they've had the upper hand through the years.

SJNB Hibby
05-11-2011, 11:19 AM
First time on here, but been a Hibby since 1961, and was born in Leith
I would hate to see Hertz go out of business. In an ideal world they get relegated to Divi 1 every other year. The year theyre in the SPL we hump all three times. They never win a cup tie, and crowds are the size of Livi's

Russ
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
No, the Derby is the first fixture i still look for.

I agree, it's the only game that gives you the goosebumps feeling, without each other there's nothing to look forward to.

Green_one
05-11-2011, 11:23 AM
10 years ago no, now, definitely. Totally. I would like them to disappear. Gone. Forgotten (well maybe some remembered pain by them).

One team in Edinburgh (and Leith) :flag:

I realise that they will reappear as Wee Huns II, playing Spartans or someone. Loving that idea. Break in their history will hurt more than playing in the Sunday league or somewhere.

fat freddy
05-11-2011, 11:24 AM
no...we'd have no one to laugh at if they died.

mixuok
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
3rd division for them would make me happy enough!! :flag:

thebakerboy
05-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Voted no because I have a lot of Jambo friends , most of whom were against Wallet Mercenary and what he tried to do. But really don't mind them being in trouble 'cause it's great to laugh at them and think maybe points deduction , relegation , not able to sign quality players etc for a couple of seasons would't be bad , in fact it could be quite fun.:flag::flag:

EK_Hibs
05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Pointless thread. They ain't going to 'fold' anytime soon.

No Edinburgh Derby?..... Would be horrible!

PeeJay
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
No for me - from a Scottish football point-of-view it is not good for the game in general when major teams fold. I would prefer Hibs to be in a league or cup competition and be beating teams like the OF and Hearts - and the derby is a special game as far as I'm concerned and we need them for that.

Diclonius
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Definitely not, would hate being a one team city like Aberdeen.

Who'd be our "derby"? Livingston? Falkirk? :bitchy: No thanks.

Caversham Green
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Funnily enough, that's sort of the reason I voted yes. Hearts used to be a respected and important element of Scottish football, Mercer's venture has turned a large section of their support into smug arrogant halfwits, while the current regime is turning the club into a ridiculous little sideshow that is both damaging and embarrassing to Scottish football - as if we didn't have enough of that from the Old Firm.

When the Romanov bubble finally does go pop, and the events of the last three weeks suggest it won't be long now, there is no doubt that a new club will emerge with supporters who will recognise that Hearts never were a 'Big Club' in the grand scheme of things and that they will have to earn back the respect that they have thrown away over the last twenty years.

It'll also be hilarious when it happens.

pacorosssco
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
dont want to see them suffer but ten years in the wilderness at least.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
A lot of the answers here are pretty trite, simply because the question is a hypothetical one.

The chances of Hearts folding, as in ceasing to exist, are very small to the point of non-existent. These are different times from the Third Lanark era, and it's highly unlikely that a club with any sort of fan base will become extinct.

If folding means going bust, selling players, losing grounds, falling down the leagues etc etc, then that's about as much as we can hope for.

The club essentially are the fans, and even the gonad-free specimens at Gorgie will eventually grow what roughly passes as the proverbial set and rise, more zombie than phoenix-like from pile of the asbestos-ridden rubble and begin a sad, lumbering and hopefully painfully slow resurrection to their current giddy position of mediocrity.

They deserve lower league obscurity and a ground share with Livy for the best part of a decade. At least the hardy 400,000 have the memories of Champions League wins, 40,000 seater stadiums, world cup stars, and world war wins to keep the morale high.

I'd personally rather they didn't exist. They bring nothing to the city other than embarrassment. However, if they have to stick around (and I think they probably do) let it be in their customary role as jesters, but this time on the street rather than in the court.

Baker9
05-11-2011, 12:14 PM

:top marks Superbly put.
If they do go bust who do the haters hate in 10 years time - Dunfermline, Falkirk?

Brizo
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
My recollection of the Mercer takeover period is that most Jambos I know were gloating like muck , some were vaguely patronising , some sat on the fence and very few were out and out against Mercers plan. For that reason I would have very little sympathy if they went bust.

However demotion to the lower leagues and them playing at Saughton enclosure would suit me fine. Having them around like a 21st century Meadowbank Thistle would be sufficient for me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
No for me. When we were close to the door, I had the utmost respect for the Jambos that could see the bigger picture, especially for those that turned up at ER to show their opposition to their owner. Now, I knew what I felt about the Jambos that wanted us shut down and what my opinion of them was. I can't be two-faced if the boot goes on the other foot.

ginger_rice
05-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Defo my preferred option too, they are going to end up playing at Almondvale so let them suffer the same fate as Livi :thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
05-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I also recognise many mates who support Hearts but like 86 it's the Born Again Jambos, the ones coming to work with the club tie on etc who have appeared again and with whom I have no problem eradicating their club from history. By wishing for them to fold I am like others hoping for a slow and painfull rebirth along the lines that Clydebank are currently under as Juniors. Who knows they may even open up aspecial relationship withe the Scottish Junior Cup :agree:

ginger_rice
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
No for me. When we were close to the door, I had the utmost respect for the Jambos that could see the bigger picture, especially for those that turned up at ER to show their opposition to their owner. Now, I knew what I felt about the Jambos that wanted us shut down and what my opinion of them was. I can't be two-faced if the boot goes on the other foot.

Those do have my upmost respect, however there weren't really that many at the Hands off Hibs rally, in fact from what I recall there were almost as many York City supporters. Strange thing though is that I remember Steve Cardownie being very vociferous and eloquent in his opposition to Wallet in his speech that day, and now he's getting pelters for trying to do something (although I disagree with him) for his own team.

Greentinted
05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
In their present overspending arrogant incarnation - yes, indubitably.

Any organisation and its 'supporters' that not only knowingly sponsor the habits and lifestyle of known sex offenders but refers to them as 'heroes' is one that is way beyond the pale. Hearts are a despicable, filthy, verminous, criminal organisation that a big dose of humility would go some way to remedy.

May they die a slow, asphyxiating death and may they never rest in peace.

HoMFC - Complicit in corruption and paedophilia since 2005.

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Those do have my upmost respect, however there weren't really that many at the Hands off Hibs rally, in fact from what I recall there were almost as many York City supporters. Strange thing though is that I remember Steve Cardownie being very vociferous and eloquent in his opposition to Wallet in his speech that day, and now he's getting pelters for trying to do something (although I disagree with him) for his own team.I dinnae remember him saying anything about or suggesting digging in tae the taxpayers money tae get Hibs out of trouble like he's trying tae do for his own team. The guy is an erse.

Hibs90
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd have to say yes, people say they will miss the derbies. I certainly wouldn't as our record is honking.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2011, 01:33 PM

A lot of things have changed since then, not least their opinion of themselves and of us. Even with the FTB around words like "big team" were never used. In the last 20 years, especially since winning that end of season tournament in May 1998, their egos have swollen so much that they could actually believe a giy coming along and talking about them playing in the Champions League etc.

They've only themselves to blame, not least because - having seen what happened to us - they thought it could never happen to them.

SloopJB
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
A lot of things have changed since then, not least their opinion of themselves and of us. Even with the FTB around words like "big team" were never used. In the last 20 years, especially since winning that end of season tournament in May 1998, their egos have swollen so much that they could actually believe a giy coming along and talking about them playing in the Champions League etc.

They've only themselves to blame, not least because - having seen what happened to us - they thought it could never happen to them.

Yep, they've lost their humanity.

Frazerbob
05-11-2011, 02:34 PM

:top marks Exactly my thoughts. Each and every one of their mutant fans have jumped on the "Big Team" bandwagon in the last 6 years. Ever sisnce their "unbeatable" team had a good QUARTER of a season they've been unbarable. I won't forget the Merricks proclaiming that we are no longer their rivals as they are all about the Old Firm and the Champions League now.

As for the Derbies, how many in the last 6 years have we actually enjoyed? Ever since they started spending beyond their means, the Derbies haven't been a level playing field. I'd quite like to see the shoe on the other foot for a few years but would happily sacrafice that to see them disapear, that would be the greatest Derby victory of them all!

In the words of Big Country...."all that you sow you shall reap".

aberhibsfc
05-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes please.

They think their better than us, well for now they are as our Manager is rank rotten but they cannie pay the inflated wages they ensnared a sizeable squad on. Mind you, anyone in Scotland moving to them surely would be aware of their previous, maybe money still blinds people a promise being worth more than money in the bank.