PDA

View Full Version : New song -learn for tomorrow. Singing Section take note!

NeilOrrSquareBa
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
And now the end is near
And so Hearts face the final curtain
My friends we’ll say it clear
We’ll state our case of which we’re certain
You’re insolvent sure
Both in a moral and fiscal bad way

But more, much more than this
Your sh*te on match day!

Oh how we laughed
Our cocks fell off
We saw the news and Romanov
He used to play
With submarines
Why did he think
He could manage teams?
He’s a dud
No make that A FUD!!
And did it his way!!

Repeat until you cry with laughter

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I admire the effort, but no thanks, Hearts sing this song...

On another note...

I Am Anarchy - The Sex Pistols

I am a Hibee fan
I am Hibernian
I know what I want and I know how to get it
I wanna destroy, Hearts and Vlad
Cause I... wannabe... a hibee!

Repeat x 20.

Cabbage East
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
These threads always have songs so bad I wonder if it's yams on the wind-up.

Matty_Jack04
04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Sometimes I wonder how early people start drinking on a friday

FastEddieFelson
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM

exactly

cheltenhamhibee
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM

On another note...

I am a Hibee fan
I am Hibernian

Repeat x 20.

Stolen from FC United of Manchester by any chance (obviously words changed a wee bit) ? :wink:, it would be cracking to get it going tho, sounds mental when there's lots singing it :thumbsup:

NOLA
04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
good luck getting any1 to sing those efforts :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
S43 are meeting tomorrow and will be dishing out the words to people in the stand. Have sang this a few times but a lot of different versions going about. Join in if you're near us!

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
good luck getting any1 to sing those efforts :greengrin

Loving your efforts too I must admit...

Beefster
04-11-2011, 02:25 PM

On another note...

I am a Hibee fan
I am Hibernian

Repeat x 20.

Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols.

Yours etc.
Mr A Pedant

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols.

Yours etc.
Mr A Pedant

Erse:na na::devil:

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
:singing: In your Gorgie slums
In your Gorgie slums
You dont pay your rent, your leccy or tax
Vlad picks your team
He sends it by fax
In your Gorgie slums :singing:

Coats on. :bye:

Tricla
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM

exactly

Aye. Shame on people for trying to generate an atmosphere at ER. :rolleyes:

Tricla
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
:singing: In your Gorgie slums
In your Gorgie slums
You dont pay your rent, your leccy or tax
Vlad picks your team
He sends it by fax
In your Gorgie slums :singing:

Coats on. :bye:

:top marks

IFONLY
04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
There was me thinking we were playing Dunfermline tomorrow.

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Come on now. How bad is the one from the OP. If he sang it on Dragon's Den I would be OUT.

Not only is it crap (IMHO) but it has as many words as a Harry Potter novel.

Keep them simple and down to a few lines. That's the way to do it.

Simples.

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 02:47 PM

We are but nobody can think of anything that rhymes with Pars.

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Pointless trying to win people over with new songs, people have been posting and trying for years. Think the majority of our support would rather not hearing a peep at Easter Road. Backing your team vocally can make a difference...

Pretty Boy
04-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I always think any song that needs the words written down and handed round is doomed to fail. Fans aren't going to learn long songs, most of the longer songs we sing have been around for years. The newer ones that catch on tend to be short and easy to remember.

I have absolutely nothing against the singing section(s) but i firmly believe you can't create a false atmosphere at a football match. If Hibs are playing well and pumping teams people will join in with the singing. Games like 0-3 at Ibrox (numerous times), victories at Tynecastle, CIS Cup final win etc didn't need an atmosphere created, it just happened and most folk joined in. When we are plodding along somewhere south of mediocrity at home against St Mirren, ICT etc then the singing will stay confined to the singing sections, a few folk nearby and maybe the odd pocket elsewhere in the stadium. I'm sure the people in the singing section will disagree or not care because they still enjoy their day out singing but expecting or even hoping that 10 000 other people will join in is just unrealistic.

happiehibbie
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I agree the atmosphere is not there thats because we are not there sue to us beiing rubish

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I always think any song that needs the words written down and handed round is doomed to fail. Fans aren't going to learn long songs, most of the longer songs we sing have been around for years. The newer ones that catch on tend to be short and easy to remember.

I have absolutely nothing against the singing section(s) but i firmly believe you can't create a false atmosphere at a football match. If Hibs are playing well and pumping teams people will join in with the singing. Games like 0-3 at Ibrox (numerous times), victories at Tynecastle, CIS Cup final win etc didn't need an atmosphere created, it just happened and most folk joined in. When we are plodding along somewhere south of mediocrity at home against St Mirren, ICT etc then the singing will stay confined to the singing sections, a few folk nearby and maybe the odd pocket elsewhere in the stadium. I'm sure the people in the singing section will disagree or not care because they still enjoy their day out singing but expecting or even hoping that 10 000 other people will join in is just unrealistic.

:agree: Spot on.

Tricla
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Correct. And?

Tricla
04-11-2011, 02:54 PM

There are plenty of clubs who have fans that sing in support regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

It amazes me that some people (not necessarily you) try and shoot down those who do try amd make noise in support of the team EVERY week no matter what.

Tricla
04-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Come on now. How bad is the one from the OP. If he sang it on Dragon's Den I would be OUT.

Not only is it crap (IMHO) but it has as many words as a Harry Potter novel.

Keep them simple and down to a few lines. That's the way to do it.

Simples.

IMO when the Yams sing their version it sounds pretty good.

Football songs dont necessarily have to be short and sweet.

ShanksSaidNo
04-11-2011, 03:00 PM

I wish we would drop this p*sh about only singing anti-Hearts songs when we are playing them!

If signing the Mercer song etc every week creates an atmosphere then we should do it!

Anything to give the library that is currently Easter Road a bit of buzz!

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM

With the exception of a few including Sunshine on Leith they are normally short and easy to remember.

Don't forget that there are lots of folk who go to the match with their sons and daughters (including myself) and without coming over all snobby I wouldn't feel too comfortable singing some of the lines in the OP's composition. Especially the line which has the word which begins with a C, ends with a K and has an O and a C in the middle. :greengrin

Tricla
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I wish we would drop this p*sh about only singing anti-Hearts songs when we are playing them!

If signing the Mercer song etc every week creates an atmosphere then we should do it!

Anything to give the library that is currently Easter Road a bit of buzz!

:agree: I was at Old Trafford a couple of years ago for a Man U v Spurs game.

The Man U end sung countless anti Man City songs and the atmosphere was great.

And guess what.....No Man U fans moaned that these songs should be left until the Manchester derby.

R'Albin
04-11-2011, 03:23 PM

This:agree:

ShanksSaidNo
04-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Correct - take Celtic at Easter Road last week for example!

TheEastTerrace
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Now the jam-terts have paid the wages, perhaps songs about admin, insolvency, etc should be kept for another day :confused:

CraigHibee
04-11-2011, 03:34 PM
how about (to the tune of he ate all the pies)

Hearts are going bust, Hearts are going bust

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Hearts are going bust

or to the tune of (wheres your mama gone)

where's your wages gone, where's your wages gone

where's your money gone, where's your money gone

Far Far Away - Far Far Away

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
This:agree:

That :agree: :greengrin

ShanksSaidNo
04-11-2011, 03:46 PM
how about (to the tune of he ate all the pies)

Hearts are going bust, Hearts are going bust

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Hearts are going bust

or to the tune of (wheres your mama gone)

where's your wages gone, where's your wages gone

where's your money gone, where's your money gone

Far Far Away - Far Far Away

Here in lies proof that football songs shouldnt be confined to the short and snappy catgory!

NeilOrrSquareBa
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
OP here.
Just popped back to see what comment had been posted.
Fair enough if you think it's poor or inappriopriate.
My motivation for puting it out there was EXACTLY to wind up the great unwashed of Gorgie who sing "their"version with great gusto when we play them. I thought; get some practise in, refine the words and have it ready for Jan 2nd when we could all give it laldy, maybe by then events at Trumph Towers would make it more relevant? As one poster did say they love it, so singing it right back at 'em with our words might just get their little gollum faces all screwed up and make them vomit black bile.
:greengrin

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
OP here.
My motivation for puting it out there was EXACTLY to wind up the great unwashed of Gorgie who sing "their"version with great gusto when we play them. I thought; get some practise in, refine the words and have it ready for Jan 2nd when we could all give it laldy, maybe by then events at Trumph Towers would make it more relevant? As one poster did say they love it, so singing it right back at 'em with our words might just get their little gollum faces all screwed up and make them vomit black bile.

Out of 760 viewings.

A bit advice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2ukc5V4EM

Tricla
04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Now the jam-terts have paid the wages, perhaps songs about admin, insolvency, etc should be kept for another day :confused:

Nope. Getting their wages almost 3 weeks late is still worth a sever p*sh ripping.

If Hertz weren't in trouble cash wise then there would never be any rumours of insolvency and stories of late wages.

GIRFUT I say.

Tricla
04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
OP here.

Out of 760 viewings.

A bit advice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2ukc5V4EM

He said one poster. Not one viewer. :na na:

iwasthere1972
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
He said one poster. Not one viewer. :na na:

I know. Says it all. :na na:

Matty_Jack04
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Get a grip mate eh

jg1875
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Let the wind blow high,
let the wind blow low,
through that hell hole you call home,
we got farmer, petrie & co,
vlad where's your money.

oh rah up the jambos
oh rah up the jambos
oh rah up the jambos
vlad where your money!

LancashireHibby
04-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Has anyone tried singing 'wake me up before Agogo' yet by the way?

aussie_hibee
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
One time down in gorgie at tynecastle park
Agent Romanov was having a lark.
He spent all their money and took them for quids
And most of their staff like to play with young kids

Dirkster23
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM

:top marks

fishybeaver
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
One time down in gorgie at tynecastle park
Agent Romanov was having a lark.
He spent all their money and took them for quids
And most of their staff like to play with young kids

That's the one!!!

vercol36
05-11-2011, 09:20 AM
When a bunch of you guys tried singing that Anarchy in the Uk song last time, it was tragic. What a tune (when sung by the Pistols) but turns into a dirge in the stands.

And the song you want us to learn this time? Crap original song, crap tune, too complicated for everyone to learn straight away.

Why not sing the Hibee version of Holy Ground that was posted on here a few weeks ago?

hibee81
05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Mad Vlad where ever you may be,
ur still on the brink of bankruptcy
and we wont care, when your in division 3
cause we are the famous Hibs FC

or

Mad Vlad how can u not see??,
your teams in the poop with HMRC
and we wont care, about your impending dissolvency,
cause we are the Wee team, Hibernian FC

CentreLine
05-11-2011, 10:01 AM
How about simply

Vladimir Romanov
Vladimir Romanov
Vladimir Romanov
Vladimir Romanov

iwasthere1972
05-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Stay with me on this folks because I've been up all night writing it. It may not take off at first but persevere.

:singing: Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees,
Hibees, Hibees, Hibees. :singing:

Print it out before you leave for the match in case you forget the words.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Andy74
05-11-2011, 10:07 AM
And now the end is near
And so Hearts face the final curtain
My friends we’ll say it clear
We’ll state our case of which we’re certain
You’re insolvent sure
Both in a moral and fiscal bad way

But more, much more than this
Your sh*te on match day!

Oh how we laughed
Our cocks fell off
We saw the news and Romanov
He used to play
With submarines
Why did he think
He could manage teams?
He’s a dud
No make that A FUD!!
And did it his way!!

Repeat until you cry with laughter

No idea how most of those words fit with the phasing of the song!

The_Horde
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Wee team nae debt

Big debt big debt

He's mad, he's bad..he is a hibee lad agent Vlad, agent vlad.
So come home home, our vlad, once you've sold the land agent Vlad.. agent vlad

I'll get my coat.

Jack
12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
The wheels on my house go round and round.

J-C
12-11-2011, 01:05 PM
" It's nice to see you here.............now **** OFF!!!!

At The Edge
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
The wheels on my house go round and round.

I really like that! :greengrin
made me laugh and it would certainly bring a bit of humour to the stands!
:thumbsup:

LincolnshireHib
13-11-2011, 04:15 PM

I have to agree with this. I have a season ticket for Saint Etienne and was a regular at PSG two seasons ago and France has the 'ultras' culture i.e they're advocates of fabricated atmospheres. I'm actually a Grimsby Town fan and had a Hibees season ticket while I was studying in Edinburgh and I took several English friends to ER and hey all commented on how the atmosphere was fairly decent. If not always terribly load, people trying to make some noise.

The great thing about atmosphere in British grounds is how it works as a two way thing - sometimes the fans sing to give the team a lift and then other times the team starts to play well which gives the fans a lift. In France they just sing all the time and so there's no period of silence. You need the lulls to appreciate the noise. This is epitomised by when an away time scores, Saint-Etienne or PSG fans continue to sing. At Blundell Park when the away time scores you could drop a pin in the centre circle and hear it at the back of the stand such is the level of disappointment, then comes the rallying cries, the complaints etc but there's a period of quiet that reflects the mood of the home support. If you just sing all the time it ceases to be atmospheric because it becomes normal background noise.