PDA

View Full Version : Vlad's dosh

Hibbyradge
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
When he first got involved with Hearts, Ukio Bankas shares were worth around £0.80 each.

They then rose sharply to £1.20 and things were looking pretty rosy for the mad Russian, and ergo, the Yams.

Today, however, £0.23 will secure you an invite to the Ukio AGM! Ouch.

I remember years ago, Charlie Mann saying something along the lines of Romanov being asset rich, but cash poor.

That's only half true these days.

francobaresi
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Seems Petrie and partners are doing a fantastic job in contrast then... Do we really need to oust him....?

Kato
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
When he first got involved with Hearts, Ukio Bankas shares were worth around £0.80 each.

They then rose sharply to £1.20 and things were looking pretty rosy for the mad Russian, and ergo, the Yams.

Not that different a curve to that of the Hibs shares in 1990. Those ended up at 17p iirc.

basehibby
04-11-2011, 10:28 AM

I remember years ago, Charlie Mann saying something along the lines of Romanov being asset rich, but cash poor.

Any idea how much he was rumoured to be worth when he took over the merricks?

aljo7-0
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Any idea how much he was rumoured to be worth when he took over the merricks?

In comedy terms he has and always will be priceless.

ChilliEater
04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
In comedy terms he has and always will be priceless.

:top marks

bawheid
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Not that different a curve to that of the Hibs shares in 1990. Those ended up at 17p iirc.

Hmmmmm.... :hmmm:

Wonder if STF is up for a bit of revenge... :devil:

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
pretty sure it was approx 200M ?

Aldo
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Don't know who much he is worth but has he actually put any money into the Yams. He talks a good game.. Ie slavers the biggest pile of push you will ever hear from a chairman. Fire sale at the PBS with all the proceeds going to Mad Vlad before he ****s off down the forth in his Sub.

GIRFUY Yam twats

Big Frank
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
.though the radge obviously had some wedge... did he not buy that old bank up the town for circa £20M :confused:...

greenginger
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Yeah, I think Charlie (Yes ) Mann said something like that with the proviso that his bank shares would soon be worth £5 a share and his Aluminium Smelter would make him a Zillionaire.

What was Vlad's quote when he took over the PBS back in 2005.

" Edinburgh does not have another worthy Club " or something like that.

I can't wait until the day the Cretin gets run out of town leaving a ******ing Gorgie slum behind him. :thumbsup:

freddie m
04-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Going by that figure if even half of his assets (100M) were based on UKIO shares. His shares with UKIO would now be worth 28.75M a substantial drop. However the rest of his investments could have increased during this same period.
What we are seeing now is probably Vlad's exit strategy from the club. He will probably sell the club with all its debt to some Edinburgh business man with the promise of the stadium being leased back for about 15 years. This should buy them time to either
1. Raise the funds to purchase the ground back.
2. Move to a new stadium as tennants to Murray or the council.
3. A bit of 1 & 2.
Either way Vlad has clearly had enough of the club and is now looking to pass the debt ownership over to someone else. What happens after that, who knows.
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag:

Lix
04-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Afraid you're not comparing like with like....

That's just the value of one share... but I'm pretty sure that the number of shares outstanding has changed since he first got involved... there was the small matter of a loan he made the bank being turned into equity recently, I'm pretty sure...

What you need to compare is the market value of the bank.

And how much of it he owns to get a comparison of how he's done.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's a lot worse off given the shares have returned -31.22% in the last year alone.

FYI the current market cap is €71.29m .... versus for example Lloyds market cap of £20bn.

Other banks in europe with a similar market cap include the well known Djurslands Bank of Denmark....

I can't find a UK equivalent as they're probably building societies which aren't quoted...

Albion Hibs
04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
.though the radge obviously had some wedge... did he not buy that old bank up the town for circa £20M :confused:...

Yes and it is sitting gathering dust. If his other investments have taken the same fate as the above, now worth probably 10m and Tiny Tiny, rumoured to once be 20m, no more like 12-14m over a period of time - then is has lost a lot of value over the past 36 months.

Perhaps it is now a case of damage control. I suppose the one thing is as someone who is/was cash rich he has used his own money / money from his banks therefore he is not going to be under pressure to sell up overnight.

Sergey
04-11-2011, 12:10 PM

That's just the value of one share... but I'm pretty sure that the number of shares outstanding has changed since he first got involved... there was the small matter of a loan he made the bank being turned into equity recently, I'm pretty sure...

That said, I'm pretty sure he's a lot worse off given the shares have returned -31.22% in the last year alone.

FYI the current market cap is €71.29m .... versus for example Lloyds market cap of £20bn.

Other banks in europe with a similar market cap include the well known Djurslands Bank of Denmark....

I can't find a UK equivalent as they're probably building societies which aren't quoted...

You are correct.

Vlad's shareholding grew from 30% to 53% last year as he was obliged to buy additional shares to counteract a loan repayment. IIRC, the pre-agreed cost was 1.15 Litas per share. They're trading today at 0.83 per share.

Not a shrewd investment.

Cropley10
04-11-2011, 01:41 PM

A market cap of £80m you say.

Someone once told me that Greggs had a larger t/o and generated more profit than Billionaire Vlad's business.

Lix
04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
A market cap of £80m you say.

Someone once told me that Greggs had a larger t/o and generated more profit than Billionaire Vlad's business.

Greggs market cap is £518.42m so it is considerably larger.

Kind of hard to compare turnover for financial and non-financial businesses, but Greggs' latest 12 month trailing earnings per share was 0.434 v Ukio's -0.14 so it certainly did better...

Mind you, Vlad has other businesses too.

Not sure if any of them made any money though...

oh and €71.29m is actually £61.38m

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Surely Greggs turnovers are worth more than the poxy foodstuff on offer at the PBS! The very thought of such a sugar coated foodstuff is making me salivate like Craig Thomson at a Mary Erskines swimming gala!