PDA

View Full Version : Team V Dunfermline

Wotherspiniesta
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Getting away from all the hysteria surrounding the Yams, We have a game V Dunfermline on Saturday. Bearing in mind that Hart, Booth, Towell and Thornhill are now available, what would your team be?

I'd go with the same team that played well against Celtc. Ozzy's better on the right hand side of central midfield, which I think is why we had a better shape with him playing alongside a lefty like Stevenson. I don't think Stevenson is the long term answer there, and I'd like to see Welsh get a shot in Centre Mid at some point (just about everyone else has!).

.......................Stack...................... .

Spoony....O'Hanlon....Stephens....Hanlon

..............Ozzy..........Stevenson......

Griffiths.............Agogo...........Galbraith

....................O'Connor......................

Bench: Brown Booth Thornhill Welsh Towell Sproule Sodje

Think we'll see a decent showing and win 3-1 :cgwa:flag:

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Receiver

Adminstration
Asset-Stripping
Fire-Sale
Bankruptcy

Ground Sale
Homeless
Relegation
Points-Deduction

Creditor
Court-Order
Winding-Up

Whoops, sorry, that was the Yams line up I was thinking of.

R'Albin
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Receiver

Adminstration
Asset-Stripping
Fire-Sale
Bankruptcy

Ground Sale
Homeless
Relegation
Points-Deduction

Creditor
Court-Order
Winding-Up

Whoops, sorry, that was the Yams line up I was thinking of.

:tee hee:

.................................................. ........................Stack..................... .................................................. .......

Spoon..............................Stephens....... .................................................. ..O'Hanlon.....................Hanlon(when's booth fit btw?)

.................................................. ........................Stevenson................. .................................................. ....

.....................................Osbourne..... .................................................. .....Scott........................................ ..

.................................................. ......................Agogo....................... .................................................. .......

.........................................O'Connor. .................................................G riffiths.......................................... .....

MotherSuperior
03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't see much reason to change the team that done well at parkhead. Hopefully Welsh can get some game time soon. He looked like a class act in the 19's a couple of years ago, reminded me of Kevin Thomson.

Jones28
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Same team as Parkhead please, with a 3-0 prediction to the Hibees!

LancashireHibby
03-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Think the team at Parkhead have earned another crack at it. Another sound defensive performance and hopefully we can nick a win. Would be nice for me to see a goal for once! :wink:

Wheat Hound
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Stephens Hanlon

Osbourne Welsh

Griffiths Agogo Sproule

GOC

Albion Hibs
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Really tough one this week, I think for the first time since the start of the season we actually have pretty much a whole squad to chose from.

I would be tempted to go with;

Stack

Wotherspoon / O'Hanlon / Stephens / Hanlon

Osborne / Stevenson / Galbraith

Agogo

O'Connor / Griffiths

The only change I would be tempted to make is Towell in for Wotherspoon. I think we remember only too well where there goals came from in the last game. Galbraith will need to put in a similar performance to last week and Hanlon play well. Most of the stuff they did in the last game came through there central mid (cant remember his name), but balls to the back post cost us.

Lets start the game strong bag this first and then turn the screw on them.

Big game, dont care if it is rank to watch, three points, an ugly win will be more than good enough.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Getting away from all the hysteria surrounding the Yams, We have a game V Dunfermline on Saturday. Bearing in mind that Hart, Booth, Towell and Thornhill are now available, what would your team be?

I'd go with the same team that played well against Celtc. Ozzy's better on the right hand side of central midfield, which I think is why we had a better shape with him playing alongside a lefty like Stevenson. I don't think Stevenson is the long term answer there, and I'd like to see Welsh get a shot in Centre Mid at some point (just about everyone else has!).

Don't know about Towell or Thornhill but there's an article on the official site which states that both Booth and Hart are still some way from playing in the first team.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111103/cc-previews-pars-challenge_2262950_2504795

With that in mind;

Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Hanlon

Sproule
Palsson
Osbourne
Galbraith

Griffiths
O'Connor

SUBS

Brown
Murray
Stevenson
Thornhill
Scott
Agogo
Sodje

hibsbollah
03-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Excellent team. Id be happy with that.

Franck is God
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
My team to crush Dunfermline

Brown

Spoony----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Stevenson
Ozzy-----Thornhill

Griffiths---------------------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Subs

Stack
Towell
O'Hanlon
Welsh
Sproule
Agogo
Sodje

AlbertK86
03-11-2011, 11:23 PM
got to go with team that started last week

we are hibs
04-11-2011, 07:09 AM
stack

wotherspoon
stephans
o'hanlon
hanlon

sproule
osbourne
scott
galbraith

griffiths
o'connor

Aldo
04-11-2011, 10:53 AM
No changes IMHO. Team that faced Smellic deserve to start against the Pars.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
My team to crush Dunfermline

Brown

Spoony----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Stevenson
Ozzy-----Thornhill

Griffiths---------------------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Subs

Stack
Towell
O'Hanlon
Welsh
Sproule
Agogo
Sodje

You would change the goalkeeper and defence after our best defensive performance of the season by some distance?

Colin? Is that you?

Franck is God
04-11-2011, 11:25 AM
You would change the goalkeeper and defence after our best defensive performance of the season by some distance?

Colin? Is that you?

I've always preferred Brown to Stack and feel that O'Hanlon is just too slow. Also want to see Booth back in the team.

I do expect to see pretty much the same side as last week but he may put Towell back in a RB and find a place for Spoony further up the pitch so maybe one of Agogo, Galbraith or Griffiths might miss out?

IWasThere2016
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
got to go with team that started last week

Barring injuries :agree:

soproni1
04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Would like to see Agogo right up top, with O'Connor/Griffiths being the one to drop off for the ball etc. Think he looks a right good player when he plays in the right places. However if we get a reult I'll no be carin who's playing and where

.Sean.
04-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Booth isn't even on the bench.

R'Albin
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Booth isn't even on the bench.

Is he injured? Any idea when he might be back?

.Sean.
04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Is he injured? Any idea when he might be back? He's fit, but not 100%. May sneak onto the bench should someone pick up a knock. The team hasn't been named, but the players are expecting the same side to start as last week.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Really tough one this week, I think for the first time since the start of the season we actually have pretty much a whole squad to chose from.

I would be tempted to go with;

Stack

Wotherspoon / O'Hanlon / Stephens / Hanlon

Osborne / Stevenson / Galbraith

Agogo

O'Connor / Griffiths

The only change I would be tempted to make is Towell in for Wotherspoon. I think we remember only too well where there goals came from in the last game. Galbraith will need to put in a similar performance to last week and Hanlon play well. Most of the stuff they did in the last game came through there central mid (cant remember his name), but balls to the back post cost us.

Lets start the game strong bag this first and then turn the screw on them.

Big game, dont care if it is rank to watch, three points, an ugly win will be more than good enough.

My memory of the last game is that Towell was culpable for the 2nd goal as he allowed Cardle to cut in and get his shot away (which Stack should have dealt with better). Personally I think Towell struggles to stop crosses, block shots, win headers and generally defend. I'd keep Wotherspoon in there as he's played decent at RB, his best position for me. Don't really know what Towell is, but he's not a right back. Also think Wotherspoon breaking forward will keep Cardle on the backfoot.

On the overall team, I think the inclusion of Agogo in this role behind GOC leaves us lacking balance, but Calderwood seems stuck on it. If it gets us goals against a shaky defence, then fair enough. A must win game.

R'Albin
04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
He's fit, but not 100%. May sneak onto the bench should someone pick up a knock. The team hasn't been named, but the players are expecting the same side to start as last week.

Cheers, hope when he does come back he gets played in LM rather than Lb, think he would prosper there:agree:

Albion Hibs
04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
My memory of the last game is that Towell was culpable for the 2nd goal as he allowed Cardle to cut in and get his shot away (which Stack should have dealt with better). Personally I think Towell struggles to stop crosses, block shots, win headers and generally defend. I'd keep Wotherspoon in there as he's played decent at RB, his best position for me. Don't really know what Towell is, but he's not a right back. Also think Wotherspoon breaking forward will keep Cardle on the backfoot.

On the overall team, I think the inclusion of Agogo in this role behind GOC leaves us lacking balance, but Calderwood seems stuck on it. If it gets us goals against a shaky defence, then fair enough. A must win game.

May have been the case, but it was the left midfielder that failed to pick up the run of the full back who ended up scoring IIRC. You wont always stop a cross from coming into the box, not saying we could not be better at it at times, but it is how we deal with it when it comes in.

I thought Towell had a good game against St Mirren, in saying that I did say it was the only change I would consider making. I still think it will be the team from last weekend.

I would agree that is Wotherspoon's best position by quite some distance.

mon the cabbage
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Team I want Team we'll get

Stack 4-4-2 Stack 4-4-1-1

Wotherspoon Towell
Stephens Stephens
O'Hanlon O'Hanlon
Hanlon (C) Hanlon (C)

Sproule Sproule
Osbourne Osbourne
Palsson Wotherspoon
Galbraith Griffiths

Griffiths Agogo
O'Connor O'Connor

Prediction 2-0 hibs Griffiths and O'connor

Man of the will be O'connor

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Keep the back 4 the same, at last 4 players who can press on up the park another 10 - 15 yards. The midfield and forwards will also be relieved.

essexhibee
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Hopefully osbourne performs how he did last week, was positively amazed at his performance. Griffiths has to start for me had some wonderful touches and skills against smeltic.

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2011, 10:37 AM

So you picked the team! :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
So you picked the team! :greengrin

TBF, it would have been hard to change the team that done so well at Celtic park.

Just shows how inconsistent our players are. Probably living off last weeks result and thought all we needed to do was turn up. :rolleyes: