PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for us to be adult about this?

CentreLine
03-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Strip away the the short term glee at our major rival being in serious trouble and we are left with a major problem for Scottish Football and indeed for Edinburgh football. New Year would just not be the same without them.

Scottish football needs big clubs with decent support and in Edinburgh we have two of those clubs. The game needs competition and the game needs clubs like Hibs and hearts with the added spice of local rivalry. So when some people have got over the finger pointing and gesturing perhaps we should put our minds to what can be done, if anything, to help our neighbours out of this situation.

In the event that Romanov walks away, I believe that we should consider ground sharing with whatever comes out of the current situation. Whether they are still in their present form or a part time third division side we are in a position to give them a leg up. Thanks to our own loyal supporters, the generosity of Sir Tom Farmerand the good fiscal management of Rod Petrie and the board, we have all the facilities that would allow that to happen.

And before you go having a pop about how they didn’t give a stuff about our survival, I believe that our club has always been above that kind of shallow mindedness. Hibernian Football Club was formed as a charity without prejudice and never did our neighbours need charity more than now.

Hibs07p
03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Naw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARBJvYiAPM&list=PLE58FB2D73251697B&index=1&feature=plpp_video

greenlex
Strip away the the short term glee at our major rival being in serious trouble and we are left with a major problem for Scottish Football and indeed for Edinburgh football. New Year would just not be the same without them.

Scottish football needs big clubs with decent support and in Edinburgh we have two of those clubs. The game needs competition and the game needs clubs like Hibs and hearts with the added spice of local rivalry. So when some people have got over the finger pointing and gesturing perhaps we should put our minds to what can be done, if anything, to help our neighbours out of this situation.

In the event that Romanov walks away, I believe that we should consider ground sharing with whatever comes out of the current situation. Whether they are still in their present form or a part time third division side we are in a position to give them a leg up. Thanks to our own loyal supporters, the generosity of Sir Tom Farmerand the good fiscal management of Rod Petrie and the board, we have all the facilities that would allow that to happen.

And before you go having a pop about how they didn’t give a stuff about our survival, I believe that our club has always been above that kind of shallow mindedness. Hibernian Football Club was formed as a charity without prejudice and never did our neighbours need charity more than now.
You are spot on but I want 6 months of Glee tank you very much.:thumbsup:

steakbake
That's very magnanimous of you.

Perhaps you would have had a point if we had not had to put up with the most self-indulgent gloating from over the road, the complete blindness to what has been happening to their club and the sheer idiocy with which the fans have lapped up the rubbish from the Romanovs. Players have been treated badly, staff have been treated badly, criminals shielded, smears and lies have been spread.

You can shake a collection tin for them if you want to, however for me, this is something they richly deserve and they should be left to their fate.

smurf
03-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Nope. I want them gone. One club in Edinburgh. Suits me fine.

calumhibee1
03-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Perhaps you would have had a point if we had not had to put up with the most self-indulgent gloating from over the road, the complete blindness to what has been happening to their club and the sheer idiocy with which the fans have lapped up the rubbish from the Romanovs. Players have been treated badly, staff have been treated badly, criminals shielded, smears and lies have been spread.

You can shake a collection tin for them if you want to, however for me, this is something they richly deserve and they should be left to their fate.

:top marks **** them. Before Romanov I would have agreed with the OP. Not now though for the reasons you've provided.

The_Exile
03-11-2011, 09:20 AM
We do need clubs like Hearts, just a pity they've been run into the ground by nobody other than themselves, sympathy? None, I'm not laughing at it (much) as I don't think it's very funny what's happening, but at the same time, everyone knew this is how it would end, so I've not got an ounce of sympathy for them.

Feel a bit sorry for the decent Jambos (yes they do exist, although few and far between! :greengrin) who won't have a club to support in a few years, might boost our attendances a wee bit though!

Romanov approached Dundee and Dunfermline before Hertz if I remember correctly, they told him to bolt as they saw how dodgy he was immediately, as I said, no sympathy.

pentlando
03-11-2011, 09:21 AM

The bit in bold - completely agree. However the fact that this particular team has been spending far far outwith its means has reduced the so called competition. I hate having to post this video, but this is exactly their cumuppance for their undeserved general superiority to us over the past few years. Watch this, bear in mind that this is a national semi-final between two similar sized clubs with similar sized support. One team spending probably around 2-3 times the other on playing staff when both had similar incomes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnl9Iex36g

Thats enough for me to wish them a long long road to find themselves back to a level they should be truly operating at. They've had the ups of Vladimir Romanov's project, now let them be exposed to the downs :agree:

cocopops1875
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm torn on this issue as at the moment I'm buzzing about the sheer awesomeness of my planned gloatfest. However i do recall the hideous mob having a fair few fans backing hands off Hibs standing shoulder to shoulder with us to help save our club, is that enough to forgive the last 6 years of their attitude and snideyness ? I'm with lex Gimmie 6 months

clerriehibs
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Mercer said Edinburgh needed just one major team for the whole city to get behind ... maybe he was right, but he was just plain wrong about the colours, the playing venue, and the name.

So, after their pain, some of the younger maroon element may turn green, and the future supporters will be green, and they'll alll turn out to watch Edinburgh's only major team, Hibernian, competing in the Champions League.

And maybe, with Hibernian being the city's ONLY major team, the council will see fit to help us however we see fit to evolve our stadium at Easter Road into a 50k capacity?

CentreLine
03-11-2011, 09:27 AM
You are spot on but I want 6 months of Glee tank you very much.:thumbsup:

:faf::faf::faf::faf: Just brilliant and I bow to 6 month of glee :agree:

Cabbage East
03-11-2011, 09:28 AM
:faf:

Big Frank
03-11-2011, 09:28 AM

I respect your position, however,

I don't define Hibernian FC by hertz.

No-one CARES about the Edinburgh Derby apart from, well us and them. In terms of world football, scratch that in terms of scottish football no one really cares!

A tiny, tiny fraction of their massive ( :aok: ) fanbase actually cared for Hibernian in the dark wallet days. The vast, vast majority were absolutely delighted that Hibernian were to cease to exist. They knew the benefit to their club :agree:.

They have been a disgrace for years. Proud club? Hertz havn't been a proud respectable club for 30years!!

"Shallow mindedness", ? imo Hibernian will go from strength to strength. Wishing the best for Hibernian isn't shallow mindedness imo.

One city one club.

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2011, 09:29 AM

This :top marks

Cropley10
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Aye right.

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I want them gone

:aok:lets have a poll:aok:

iwasthere1972
03-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I want the Scottish Footballing Authorities to penalise the Yams for cheating their way to success since Vlad took over the reigns at Tynecastle. I fully expect (nay make that demand) that, due to the Yams paying out money that they didn't really have, they award the 2006 Scottish Cup to Gretna. Oh wait a minute they also cheated.

In that case we'll have it. :cup: Throw in the 2004 League Cup at the same time.

Justice done.

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Just Go!

03-11-2011, 09:50 AM

:agree:! Slow and painful death of that arrogant, bigoted bunch of mutants would be lovely :flag:

Posh Swanny
03-11-2011, 10:00 AM
On one hand, this would be a fantastic way to perpetuate the "Hibs class" myth!

On the other hand, most of this thread shows why its a myth.

:wink: :devil:

Hibercelona
03-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Miss the new year derby? Not at all.

I'll stay indoors and enjoy my new year roast dinner with the family and have the rest of the day to get smashed.

EasterRoad4Ever
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM

:agree: Think the majority for Hibs fans will think this way. Let's get real here. Hearts are not going to disappear overnight, one way or the other they will survive so we will always have Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh. However, a reasonably long spell in lower league wilderness with a squad of lower paid numpties would be some compensation for the many years of living well beyond their means and buying success they had no right to :greengrin

johnrebus
03-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I do not want Hearts to dissappear completely - but they have to pay the price of their ridiculous overspending and general deludedness of their support.

When you boil it all down, there will be a hardcore base of about 5,000 fans who will follow them into - at least - the First Division, probably at Livingston. I think that whoever takes over the running of the club will make a stance against using Easter Road, as some kind of defiant appeasement policy.....,

However, on the the pitch, we will hopefully have at least two chances to hammer the *******s into the ground over the next few months.

I can't wait.

:greengrin

steakbake
03-11-2011, 10:30 AM
:agree: Think the majority for Hibs fans will think this way. Let's get real here. Hearts are not going to disappear overnight, one way or the other they will survive so we will always have Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh. However, a reasonably long spell in lower league wilderness with a squad of lower paid numpties would be some compensation for the many years of living well beyond their means and buying success they had no right to :greengrin

The thing is though, what real success have they bought?

A couple of short lived escapades into Europe is not a good return for selling the soul of the club.

H18sry
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I respect your position, however,

I don't define Hibernian FC by hertz.

No-one CARES about the Edinburgh Derby apart from, well us and them. In terms of world football, scratch that in terms of scottish football no one really cares!

A tiny, tiny fraction of their massive ( :aok: ) fanbase actually cared for Hibernian in the dark wallet days. The vast, vast majority were absolutely delighted that Hibernian were to cease to exist. They knew the benefit to their club :agree:.

They have been a disgrace for years. Proud club? Hertz havn't been a proud respectable club for 30years!!

"Shallow mindedness", ? imo Hibernian will go from strength to strength. Wishing the best for Hibernian isn't shallow mindedness imo.

One city one club.

:aok:

LancashireHibby
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Let's be honest, we only really have a certain number of 'big' games each season, and even the OF games don't seem to stir the passion any more, so it would be very boring without them. That said, I'd happily see them have 6 months of cricket scores and a couple of years of being in the First Division before they come back up. Even in front of 5,000 at Livi, they'd automatically be on a better footing than most (all?) First Division clubs, so they'd come back up sooner or later. Don't see anything wrong in enjoying their hardship while it lasts though.

basehibby
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
The thing is though, what real success have they bought?

A couple of short lived escapades into Europe is not a good return for selling the soul of the club.

More than we have enjoyed in recent times - and haven't they just let us know about it!

As to the OP - there is nothing much Hibs can do to help them settle their enormous debts - which in any case they are apparently owing to themselves. Maybe if they wind up and start over again we could donate them some old strips ???

Alternatively Hibs could help by simply not complaining if the council decide to help out a newly formed AFC Yams by donating them a used "community" bus shelter - preferably facing some playing fields.

JeMeSouviens
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Even if they go through the worst (our best) case scenario, they'll be back in a few years. Football allegiances are extremely difficult to kill and even in the 3rd division, Phoenix Yams will probably be able to pull in 4 or 5 thousand. They'll only have Phoenix Huns as serious competition. :greengrin Admittedly they'll probably have lost their ground and have no real hope of ever owning another one within the city but ho hum. :wink:

With any luck we have a few years of quality gloating to look forward to but the derby will be back soon enough.

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Roll on the new years game, another 7-0 + would be lovely

Saorsa
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM

And before you go having a pop about how they didn’t give a stuff about our survival, I believe that our club has always been above that kind of shallow mindedness. Hibernian Football Club was formed as a charity without prejudice and never did our neighbours need charity more than now.Nah **** h****s :bye:

Franck Stanton
03-11-2011, 11:14 AM
So, "The Big Team" are in serious financial debt and their nutter of an owner is now making noises about pulling the plug, and me as a died in the wool Hibby, [and proud of that fact] is supposed to have some sympathy for them. Aye right. Get it RIGHT fn up them. I for one will have to have the smile surgically removed from my face. The longer the disgrace, pain and utter humilation of that onerous group of knuckle-dragging morons continues then the happier I will be. I hope it is a long, slow, PAINFUL process and I have no regrets about it happening. They were warned that this day was coming.

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::party::na na::na na::na na::na na:

Bad Martini
03-11-2011, 11:15 AM
ENDOF :na na: :greengrin :thumbsup: :aok: :flag: :taxi

southfieldhibby
03-11-2011, 11:16 AM
The Romanov era and the gloating their fans have done since his arrival makes it harder for Hibby's to have any sympathy with the ongoing charade at Tynie.I've got good mates who are jambo to the core and I'd be gutted for them if their team disappears because of the actions of one clown.Balance this with the bawbag element of the ****nation over the past 6/7 years and you're left with a conundrum...would Edinburgh be better off as a one city team?

From a Hibby's pov, the answer is clearly yes, step back from the tribalism of football and the answer is no.

Demotion to the 2nd division would do me, best of both worlds.

ScottB
03-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I have sympathy with the ones that I know that are sensible, and have long feared the arrival of this day, having seen through the bull and saw what the rest of us have seen.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for the BELIEVE Brigade, who got sucked into it and still have their heads in the sand... I can't stand them!

Jack
03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
:top marks **** them. Before Romanov I would have agreed with the OP. Not now though for the reasons you've provided. :agree:

Nope. I want them gone. One club in Edinburgh. Suits me fine. :greengrin

A few years in the lower divisions, if they survive, Hibs go from strength to strength. The odd cup game against them.

I really don’t have an issue with any of that :aok:

.Sean.
03-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Nae danger. If the shoe was on the other foot would they bawbags help us? Thought not. **** 'em. **** every single on of them. Right up ye.

madabouthibs
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see them go under, and start again in the 3rd division, like Livi had to do.
Maybe then, having to live within their means, we'd see how many of their "loyal" fans would go and watch them in the doldrums of Scottish Football, maybe then we'd see their need for a 30k football arena.
They've been cheating for years, if they were a bona-fide business they would have went tits up years ago!
As I said, I'd like the stupid deranged and deluded grins wiped off their faces for a few years, but I wouldn't want them to disappear for good. Who the hell would we laugh at then??? :greengrin

the future is bright.
The future is green and white.
GGTTH :not worth

EskbankHibby
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see them go under, and start again in the 3rd division, like Livi had to do.
Maybe then, having to live within their means, we'd see how many of their "loyal" fans would go and watch them in the doldrums of Scottish Football, maybe then we'd see their need for a 30k football arena.
They've been cheating for years, if they were a bona-fide business they would have went tits up years ago!
As I said, I'd like the stupid deranged and deluded grins wiped off their faces for a few years, but I wouldn't want them to disappear for good. Who the hell would we laugh at then??? :greengrin

the future is bright.
The future is green and white.
GGTTH :not worth

Pretty much my opinion too. An enormous slice of humble pie, have to re-start as 3rd division Spartans Hearts and have to cut their cloth accordingly from there on in (just like every other **** has to).

The fear of this reality is what has kept them rimming Romanov and losing every ounce of respect anyone ever had for them.

BEEJ
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM

So the game needs 'competition'; but in order for that competition to be sustained Hibs should find ways to subsidise a rival football club that through appalling financial mismanagement has run itself into the ground and towards possible oblivion?

Sorry, that's nothing like a worthwhile charitable cause in my book. I'll stick to being shallow-minded - your moral high-ground is far too steep for me to ascend. :wink:

PatHead
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I would help them by paying an entrance fee at *********** for one last time to see if we could beat them by more than 7......

erin go bragh
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Let's be honest, we only really have a certain number of 'big' games each season, and even the OF games don't seem to stir the passion any more, so it would be very boring without them. That said, I'd happily see them have 6 months of cricket scores and a couple of years of being in the First Division before they come back up. Even in front of 5,000 at Livi, they'd automatically be on a better footing than most (all?) First Division clubs, so they'd come back up sooner or later. Don't see anything wrong in enjoying their hardship while it lasts though.

This :agree:

ggtth

Killiehibbie
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Leave them to get on with it with no help.

The_Exile
03-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Having posted earlier in thisthread that I didn't find it very funny what was happening, I've since changed my mind after standing behind 2 welts in the queue at Tesco this lunchtime, their conversation went along the lines of "Aye this wouldnae be happening if we'd taken ower they Hibby B******* back in the 90's"

So my stance has now changed to GIT IT RIGHT ROOND YE. But still do feel for the decent fan amongst the hoarde. They cannae even start supporting Edinburgh City as Latapy :not worth plays for them.

Hibercelona
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Having posted earlier in thisthread that I didn't find it very funny what was happening, I've since changed my mind after standing behind 2 welts in the queue at Tesco this lunchtime, their conversation went along the lines of "Aye this wouldnae be happening if we'd taken ower they Hibby B******* back in the 90's"

So my stance has now changed to GIT IT RIGHT ROOND YE. But still do feel for the decent fan amongst the hoarde. They cannae even start supporting Edinburgh City as Latapy :not worth plays for them.

Everytime you're just about to feel the tiniest level of sympathy for the jamboids, you come across a few at a bus stop or a park somewhere, then you're quickly reminded as to why such a dog should be put down. :agree:

fatbloke
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Just been told by an ex Hearts player that some oil rich sheik waiting to pour money into HOMOFC.

Must be that Masonic guy Sheik Ma Haun.

iwasthere1972
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Just been told by an ex Hearts player that some oil rich sheik waiting to pour money into HOMOFC.

Must be that Masonic guy Sheik Ma Haun.

Or maybe it was Sheik Yassar Akin Boogie - All night long.

PatHead
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Everytime you're just about to feel the tiniest level of sympathy for the jamboids, you come across a few at a bus stop or a park somewhere, then you're quickly reminded as to why such a dog should be put down. :agree:

.................................or outside school playground

Andy74
03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Naw, they have developed into something that isn't worth saving.

We've been pointing obvious things out to them for years about all this but all we got was bitter comments about jealousy and how we didn't have a clue.

Get it round them!

Lucius Apuleius
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
It would be more appropriate knowing the predilections of the yams to have Sheik Ma Boaby!!!

Northernhibee
03-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Of course it's no time, I've still no stopped ripping the pish oot the fat bird with the Get Vlad Out banner.

down the slope
03-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I would help them, they can have one of my auld coats for goalposts in the meadows !, that's about it as i have not forgotten the Wallet Merciless business and the yams having a big laugh about it all , f... them.

iwasthere1972
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Sky Sports News understands that a Soviet nuclear submariner's uniform and a large collection of Beatles, Elvis Presley and Rolling Stones bootleg LP's have been discovered on Portobello Beach together with a note saying GIRUY Yams. Updates to follow. It's a good week to be a Hibby.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

NOLA
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
2 words, "Wallace Mercer".

mjhibby
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm torn on this issue as at the moment I'm buzzing about the sheer awesomeness of my planned gloatfest. However i do recall the hideous mob having a fair few fans backing hands off Hibs standing shoulder to shoulder with us to help save our club, is that enough to forgive the last 6 years of their attitude and snideyness ? I'm with lex Gimmie 6 months

I think what stops a lot of fans sympathising with them is that we have had to put up with 6 years of tripe coming from their supporters and even when the media and fans warned them what would happen they just went into siege mode and let the loony one embarrass edinburgh and scottish football.They tried to defend the indefensible so many times and how the hell they thought they were ever going to get rid of debt twice as much as rangers but with a quartewr of their turnover only a mad man would believe that.they have been sucked in by romanov and now im afraid they will have to face the consequences.So to all the quiet hertz fans who have been reasonable and have always feared the worst i do sympathise.To all the rest of the neaderthals Hahahahahahahahahah and thrice hahaha
As the ad for ronald mac says (im loving it)

Saorsa
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm torn on this issue as at the moment I'm buzzing about the sheer awesomeness of my planned gloatfest. However i do recall the hideous mob having a fair few fans backing hands off Hibs standing shoulder to shoulder with us to help save our club, is that enough to forgive the last 6 years of their attitude and snideyness ? I'm with lex Gimmie 6 monthsI'm not

aye about 1 in every thousand with the rest of them laughing up their sleeves and loving it.

Maybe you and the OP could be part of the small group that can stand with them, me! I'd rather be dancing on their grave.

Jim44
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
If Hibs play any part in an attempt to ease their burden or position, it'll be the day I seriously question over 50 years supporting them. Personally I don't think their demise will be anywhere near as dramatic as some expect, so curb the sympathy please and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

EuanH78
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM

No need to be torn as there is a fundamental difference between the two situations.

Hibs got themselves in a vulnerable position and Hearts actively tried to exploit that and put us out of business.

Hearts have managed this mess all on their own and as far as i know, Hibs havent ratcheted up the pressure on them at all, we have just left them to it. No need to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, It's got nothing to do with us.

I do, however have some sympathy for some of my jambo mates (decent guys underneath, honest) but most of them deserve exactly whats coming to them and I'm just gonna sit back and watch. :coolhib:

JimBHibees
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
No need to be torn as there is a fundamental difference between the two situations.

Hibs got themselves in a vulnerable position and Hearts actively tried to exploit that and put us out of business.

Hearts have managed this mess all on their own and as far as i know, Hibs havent ratcheted up the pressure on them at all, we have just left them to it. No need to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, It's got nothing to do with us.

I do, however have some sympathy for some of my jambo mates (decent guys underneath, honest) but most of them deserve exactly whats coming to them and I'm just gonna sit back and watch. :coolhib:

I think you can change Hearts for Wallace Mercer. It wasnt Hearts the football club and many Hearts fans at the time were embarressed by it all. It would be a nightmare IMO if Hearts went bust however that is not to say there should not be a good period where the financial chickens should come home to roost and they have to work to the same limitations as most/all other clubs live to.

If the situation had been reversed and Hibs had taken on a Romanov figure and won the cup and played in Europe the vast majority of Hibs fans would have reacted in exactly the same way as Hearts fans have done.

HibsMax
03-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't want to see them go because Hearts are a lot more than Wallet Mercenary and the Mad One. I also think that Scottish football would suffer from their loss, as much as we don't want to admit it. That's just my opinion and, as usual, I am in the minority. :D

Steve20
03-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I hope they go to the wall. They won't though. Been hearing this for a long time now and nothing ever comes of it.

Greenblood70
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Not a shred of sympathy from me, or I suspect the vast majority of Scottish teams supporters.

Romanov's Hearts have been an ugly (in all senses of the word) carbuncle that few will be sorry to see suffer. Their misplaced arrogance and haughty indignation at not achieving "big club" status amuses me greatly.

Flush them away Vlad.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if there will be any Russian hats being kicked about on the news tonight?

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't think that any club with a fan base of 400,000 can go extinct. Much smaller clubs like Wolves, Boro and Leeds have come back, though paid the penalty of mediocrity for about a decade. Hearts will have to embrace that one, methinks. Their only saving grace is that they'll be getting dry-humped by the likes of Berwick and Forfar and off our radar bar the odd enhanced East of Scotland Shield contest where they will claim our eight-nils and nine-one's won't count as it isn't 'proper competition'.

The_Todd
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
As far as the Hearts fans are concerned there's nothing to see here, nothing is going on and everything will be fine. If the Hearts fans aren't all that bothered about what's going on at their club then why should we do anything about their club?

Sumner
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Is it time for us to be adult about this?

Naah, get it right up thum !! :agree:

Makaveli
03-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I would say yes if I didn't remember how cocky they were in 2005, five minutes before Boozy shut them up anyway.

Malthibby
03-11-2011, 06:52 PM
The 4:0 would never have happened without Vlad, so this is part of the payback for a day that should never have happened. Not a shred of sympathy.
GG

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2011, 07:04 PM
They won't disappear. If they go bust they'll be back as Midlothian Hearts or some equally barfing title starting at the bottom where they belong.

Let them suffer. Most cared not a jot about us in 1990 and still hail Me@*&r as a visionary.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I do think that in an ideal world Edinburgh would have one club, with a better chance of challenging the OF - bigger fanbase etc.

However, having had two clubs in the city in the real world, if one went down the pan - let's call that club Hearts for the sake of argument :greengrin - their fans (obviously) would not support the surviving club - let's call it Hibs. In the longer term you would expect Hibs to attract a larger proportion of the city's football fans, year-by-year, but a lot of damage would already have been done - some Hearts fans and their families would become Rangers supporters and others would have given up on Scottish football altogether.

I also agree with other posters that even if Hearts DID go out of business they would just do an "Airdrie" and return, albeit initially in a lower league, in a new incarnation.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Not a shred of sympathy from me, or I suspect the vast majority of Scottish teams supporters.

Romanov's Hearts have been an ugly (in all senses of the word) carbuncle that few will be sorry to see suffer. Their misplaced arrogance and haughty indignation at not achieving "big club" status amuses me greatly.

Flush them away Vlad.

:top marks

Spot on sir :agree:

KeithTheHibby
03-11-2011, 07:29 PM

No, **** them and all they stand for.

They made their bed and jumped on the bandwagon a few years ago so they deserve to suffer.

Hibs will prosper as a club without them within a few years.

Fantic
03-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Roll on the new years game, another 7-0 + would be lovely

Gonnae no dae that!!

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Hope they end up a part time outfit starting off in the 3rd division.

They deserve to suffer - no help from nae-one, not in any shape or form.

let the suffering begin :aok:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Jones28
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Prior to Romanov taking over I would have had sympathy with them, but how football supporters can stand by and watch as a Madman destroys their club in front of them I'll never know. They lapped up every word of what Romanov said, rubbing our noses in the fact that they would imminently be signing world cup stars and winning the league and what not. If they come to me looking for sympathy they can GTF

Long live the Hibees:flag:

darwenhibby
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Hope they end up a part time outfit starting off in the 3rd division.
They deserve to suffer - no help from nae-one, not in any shape or form.

let the suffering begin :aok:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hope they start off in the local pub league where a pub team belong.

Bostonhibby
03-11-2011, 10:33 PM

:agree: I agree with you completely on the charity point if nothing else.

With Xmas fast approaching, I had filled a charity bag for the Red Cross with 13 socks (assorted), 2 Kipper ties, a 2010 Edinburgh Castle calendar, an out of date tin of shortbread with Scottie dugs on the front, 4 cans of Tesco Value prunes and a Jar of Mincemeat that had been in the kitchen cupboard since 1980. It's now winging its way to Tynecastle in a show of solidarity and in the hope that it will, in some small way let them know what I think of them in their hour of need.

Remember 1990!

PS, I also pis*ed in the bag.

Sunny1875
05-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Would Like to offer my help to Heart's at this time,

I have a good strong back and can carry some of the boxes containing their new stadium plans to the kerb for the Refuse collection I may need to stop every few paces to wipe the tears of laughter that would be clouding my vision

CraigK
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM

I agree about 90%. I have more friends that are yams than hibees and dont particularily want them to lose their club. Esepcially since most are just 'normal' fans like me, and not the kickback keyboard-rambo variety.
Also, remember how a fair few of them got behind Hands Off Hibs (if we can forget the politics behind why that started)?
For me the best scenario would be relegation to the third division and a few years in the doldrums ala Livvy or an AFC Wimbledon-type club playing at Saughton enclosure.

However, the other 10% of me says sod them, they dug their own grave.