PDA

View Full Version : Question Is now the time for STF to step up to the plate

degenerated
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
And bring to fruition the FTB's vision of a capital city with one team.

--------
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
And bring to fruition the FTB's vision of a capital city with one team.

Why should he bother? Romanov's doing a first-class job as it is.

Hibbyradge
02-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Not yet.

If he waits a while, his initial investment will be significantly lower.

lucky
Even in jest, this is not a good idea. We suffered and because this I would not want anyone to have to suffer the same.

degenerated
Why should he bother? Romanov's doing a first-class job as it is.

would be funny to actually do to them as they tried to do unto us :dunno:

for comedy value alone it would good

--------
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Even in jest, this is not a good idea. We suffered and because this I would not want anyone to have to suffer the same.

Oh, I don't know.... :rolleyes:

Mr Radge is right, though - if we're going to do this, we need to wait a while until they're REALLY desperate. We'll get them much cheaper then.

I've always said I had no objection to Mercer's 'One City, One Team' plan.

All I asked (and my requirements have not changed with time) is:

1. The One Team should play their games at Easter Road. No problem there now that the rebuild has been completed.

2. The team should play in green shirts with white sleeves. Surely no right-thinking person could object to this? White to symbolise the purity of our motives, and green to symbolise the green shoots of an entirely new era in Edinburgh football.

3. The team should be called 'Hibernian FC'. This new title represents a compromise between 'Hibernian FC' and 'Heart of Midlothian FC', containing as it does several letters from both the original clubs' names - H, i, e, r, a, n, F, and C.

I believe my proposals enshrine the very highest ideals of moderation and willingness to compromise. :greengrin

The_Todd
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
We could use Tynie for U19 home matches and bounce matches to keep the East Mains pitch purely for training. Gets my vote.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
If we try and put them out of business then that means that next season they will eventually win the League Cup.

R'Albin
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Mr Radge is right, though - if we're going to do this, we need to wait a while until they're REALLY desperate. We'll get them much cheaper then.

1. The One Team should play their games at Easter Road. No problem there now that the rebuild has been completed.

2. The team should play in green shirts with white sleeves. Surely no right-thinking person could object to this? White to symbolise the purity of our motives, and green to symbolise the green shoots of an entirely new era in Edinburgh football.

3. The team should be called 'Hibernian FC'. This new title represents a compromise between 'Hibernian FC' and 'Heart of Midlothian FC', containing as it does several letters from both the original clubs' names - H, i, e, r, a, n, F, and C.

I believe my proposals enshrine the very highest ideals of moderation and willingness to compromise. :greengrin

:hilarious

whiskyhibby
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM

:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

bighairyfaeleith
02-11-2011, 07:44 PM
We could use Tynie for U19 home matches and bounce matches to keep the East Mains pitch purely for training. Gets my vote.

Should the hibs museum not be built on that patch of land??

degenerated
02-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Not yet.

If he waits a while, his initial investment will be significantly lower.

he could recoup any investment by selling hearts share in the SPL to Craig Whyte :greengrin