PDA

View Full Version : Poppy shirt weekend?

leeds_hibby
02-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Will hibs be wearing the poppy shirts this weekend?

with it being the international break the week after, then they usually auction them off.

Jones28
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Should be

cocopops1875
05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Nae poppys, probably didn't want to end up embarrassing the vets we certainly didn't show any fight

Sir David Gray
06-11-2011, 01:30 AM
There didn't seem to be anything organised for this weekend right across the board in the SPL, which I found a bit surprising.

Neither Dunfermline nor Hibs had any poppy on the shirts yesterday and there was obviously no minute's silence either.

In the St Mirren-Hearts match, both teams wore poppies and there was a silence before kick off.

The Rangers and Dundee Utd players wore poppies, not sure if there was a silence beforehand though.

In the Kilmarnock-Inverness match, I don't think either side wore poppies but I saw one of the photos from the game and the Kilmarnock mascot seemed to have a poppy embroidered into his shirt but the players didn't.

I know it would normally have happened next week but given that this is the last weekend of club football before Remembrance Sunday, due to the international break next week, I would have thought that every club would have observed the minute's silence before their games this weekend.

Every club in the Premiership did it this weekend. :dunno:

Beefster
06-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Pretty poor stuff from Hibs.

cocopops1875
06-11-2011, 08:39 AM
The thing is they really got behind it last year, every player in the 1st team squad had a poppy shirt that was signed and auctioned (almost 30 shirts if i recall) seems strange to go from that to nothing at all