PDA

View Full Version : When the dust clears.

green glory
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Considering all the recent (exciting) developments at Turdcastle and the Bigot's Bowl, what would your ideal world SPL set-up look like?

For me, Rangers and Hearts go into administration, have to start at year zero again at the bottom of the 3rd division. 25 point penalty too of course!

A reconstructed SPL with 16 teams. Bring the top four up from the 1st. Everyone would have something to play for again. Admittedly Sellick would still walk over everyone, but hey-ho you can't have everything.

:hibees

Steve20
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
My ideal scenario would be Rangers, Celtic and Hearts to go out of business.

ScottB
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
My prediction for the rest of the season is...

Rangers, Hearts and possibly Dundee United and the Dons all go into Administration. Faced with this mess, and the chance that relegation for one of those (most likely the Dons) would kill them stone dead, the league will expand to save them, to either 16 or 18 teams. Should one or both of Rangers and Hearts go totally bust (though if it was just Hearts they may be left to burn for it, though there would be the worry of setting the precedent for a future Gers implosion) this league expansion will be used to justify keeping them in the top league in some fashion.

When the dust settles we will have a bigger league with the usual suspects all still in it.

Cropley10
02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
My ideal scenario would be Rangers, Celtic and Hearts to go out of business.

Motherwell to win the League!?

Diclonius
02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Old Firm FC to go out of business.

Hearts to go into administration, relegated for a while and re-emerge a a diminished force on par with Dundee United or Kilmarnock, in prime position for us to claw back our derby record.

Saorsa
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
My ideal scenario would be Rangers, Celtic and Hearts to go out of business.:top marks

EuanH78
02-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Dunno, but that mooted 10 team SPL might have some legs after all eh?

MrSmith
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Dunno, but that mooted 9 team SPL might have some legs after all eh?

fixed for you! :greengrin