PDA

View Full Version : Positive CC thread only...

francobaresi
30-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Too much negativity going on in here so only positive comments on this thread please...

CC, doing grand sir, good luck for the rest of the season... Rome wasn't built in a day, or 2 years for that matter:wink:

Albion Hibs
30-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Agreed mate. Was watching the end of Super Sunday and they were talking about how arsenal are now only coming the the boil having had to pull in around 50% of their team on the final day of the transfer window. I think we suffered a similar fate with the likes of Osborne, Agogo, Towell and Griffiths to name a few. Arsenal had to use the first 7 or 8 games of the season as effectively a pre-season, much like we did IMO. Fitness and positional sense was at times questionable and the difference in all of the above players over the past few games shows me they needed time to get up to speed and make an impact on a game.

The most positive thing from yesterday was we appear to be getting a squad back, it was good to see thornhill back to give a bit more in the midfield, Stevenson put down a card to suggest he wants to feature and we have the likes of Murray and Welsh who did not feature yesterday available.

scuttle
30-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Cant believe you are getting excited about a 0-0 draw considering they pumped us out the cup in midweek. Our saving grace at the moment is that Inverness. Aberdeen and Dunfermline are as equally bad as we are and its certainly not anything brilliant that Colin Calderwood is doing

McSwanky
30-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Cant believe you are getting excited about a 0-0 draw considering they pumped us out the cup in midweek. Our saving grace at the moment is that Inverness. Aberdeen and Dunfermline are as equally bad as we are and its certainly not anything brilliant that Colin Calderwood is doing Well that didn't take long. First negative post: #3.

Albion Hibs
30-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Cant believe you are getting excited about a 0-0 draw considering they pumped us out the cup in midweek. Our saving grace at the moment is that Inverness. Aberdeen and Dunfermline are as equally bad as we are and its certainly not anything brilliant that Colin Calderwood is doing

A draw away to Celtic is a good result regardless of what happened in any game before it, or do you think a draw is not good enough?

Surely you think the performance yesterday showed that we are improving not only as a team, but individual players within that team?

scuttle
30-10-2011, 06:58 PM
A draw away to Celtic is a good result regardless of what happened in any game before it, or do you think a draw is not good enough?

Surely you think the performance yesterday showed that we are improving not only as a team, but individual players within that team?
As it happens [note the jimmy saville qoute] I think a draw away to the bigot brothers is a good result but one swallow and all that . We have to be consistent and do it for several games and for full games in particular and not just for half a game or for periods in games, we rode our luck at times yesterday

basehibby
30-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Too much negativity going on in here so only positive comments on this thread please...

CC, doing grand sir, good luck for the rest of the season... Rome wasn't built in a day, or 2 years for that matter:wink:

He's still got all his own hair :thumbsup:

Andy74
30-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Much in the same way as the win there when Galbraith scored was an indicator of good times ahead?? Good result but let's see. We've been consistent at being worse than average do lets sort that before we can start saying that things have changed.

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2011, 07:21 PM

I would certainly hope so but only time will tell, certainly the next two games should be a good indicator of whether or not that is the case. Consistency will provide much needed confidence to many of our players who particularly at ER are not playing anywhere near their supposed ability. The motivational skills of the regular boo boys leaves a lot to be desired!

Albion Hibs
30-10-2011, 07:31 PM
As it happens [note the jimmy saville qoute] I think a draw away to the bigot brothers is a good result but one swallow and all that . We have to be consistent and do it for several games and for full games in particular and not just for half a game or for periods in games, we rode our luck at times yesterday

So if it is a good result then I am sure you can understand the excitement attached to it. I completely agree that consistancy is the key, not only in the team, but players performance and a manager - constant change will never allow for consistancy.

I would however disagree that we rode our luck yesterday. Other than a couple of occassions when our full backs got done they did nothing, in fact I would describe it as a scare free game, they did little to nothing. If anything, they rode their luck.

hibs0666
30-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Away form has been good over the last couple of months. If we can improve at home over the next few games then things will be looking much rosier. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2011, 07:42 PM
:hijack:He's Tom Kite.

Seveno
30-10-2011, 07:48 PM
We played some nice one touch football at times yesterday and just panicked a bit when we got close to their goal. Big plus point to me is the gradual improvement show by Osbourne each game.

Progress is slowly being made, a win on Saturday is a must though.

Let's get behind the team. :flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Nothing wrong with taking it a game at a time. Osbourne is getting better week by week and is looking like a player. Anyone that dug deep to sponsor him, must know their football. Keep it tight at the back and give it to IO and then let him get it into that last third.

hibs0666
31-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Nothing wrong with taking it a game at a time. Osbourne is getting better week by week and is looking like a player. Anyone that dug deep to sponsor him, must know their football. Keep it tight at the back and give it to IO and then let him get it into that last third.

Yup, he had a smashing game against the junglies and, at 23, there's a whole load more to come. :thumbsup:

Could be a gem of a signing by Calderwood.

bob12345
31-10-2011, 02:07 PM
CC has definitely shown no signs of being a terrorist.

Hibercelona
31-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Never tuned into the 0-0 game, so not sure how well we played in it.

As for the 1-4 drubbing, we self destructed in the second half after a very impressive first half display. Hopefully the first half is signs of things to come from Hibs. If we can play that well in the next 2 home games without hitting the self destruct button, we should be looking at 6 points in the bag. St Johnstones ground is a tough venue, but we seem to be picking up more points away at the moment, so hopefully we can take something out of that game as well.

If we're ever going to make a turn around, theres no better opportunity than now to do so.

Northernhibee
31-10-2011, 03:37 PM
If you ignore the 75% of games he's not won, he's our best ever manager!