View Full Version : Deek's vanished!

erin go hibee
30-10-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3901602/Deek-is-Chinese-defector.html

(http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3901602/Deek-is-Chinese-defector.html)Hopefully he's trying to find his way back to edinburgh where he belongs :thumbsup:

sorry if already been posted

30-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Wheres Silver? any truth...

Think most expected it to end badly...although the chopping of managers has hardly been likely to help stability

30-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Seen him vanish before, many times in fact!

30-10-2011, 04:13 PM
(http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3901602/Deek-is-Chinese-defector.html)Hopefully he's trying to find his way back to edinburgh where he belongs :thumbsup:

No thanks. He has a stinking attitude, clearly.

30-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Have they checked the far side touch line he's probably hanging about there :greengrin

30-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Seen him vanish before, many times in fact!

Ive also seen him rattle in over 100 goals for Hibs. Many times.

30-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Have they checked the far side touch line he's probably hanging about there :greengrin

What about down the back of the couch? Things always turning up there.:agree:

30-10-2011, 04:50 PM
What about down the back of the couch? Things always turning up there.:agree:

Or the last place you would logically think to look. I have found my TV remote in the fridge more than once. I'll go and check now to see if Deeks is there.

30-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Or the last place you would logically think to look. I have found my TV remote in the fridge more than once. I'll go and check now to see if Deeks is there.

Ill give Jakki a PM to check her freezer. Might be under the Turkey.:agree:

30-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Is this news? He's been missing for nearly 2 years:taxi

30-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Waaa another poor footballer lured off to a far off country by offers of more than any of us earn a year a week, then start bleating about being homesick / trying to worm their way back home a month later.

He needs to man the **** up, start acting like a damn adult and get on with what he committed himself to do.

30-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Waaa another poor footballer lured off to a far off country by offers of more than any of us earn a year a week, then start bleating about being homesick / trying to worm their way back home a month later.He needs to man the **** up, start acting like a damn adult and get on with what he committed himself to do. Story in the paper says nothing of him being homesick, as none of us actually know whats happened then i dunno how you can criticise the guy. A wee bit jealousy is there

30-10-2011, 07:08 PM

surely you've only seen him score over 100 goals once? :greengrin

30-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I sometimes despair of this forum. Here we have a guy who's 3rd in the list of all time SPL scorers, & probably the best finisher I've seen at ER since Joe Baker & what happens? Posters are lining up to denigrate him based on an article in an odious rag that I wouldn't use to wipe my erchie!
It's in the Sun so of course it must be true!!
To quote one of the posters, man up & wait until something is confirmed before jumping on a very shoogly bandwagon!

30-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Waaa another poor footballer lured off to a far off country by offers of more than any of us earn a year a week, then start bleating about being homesick / trying to worm their way back home a month later.He needs to man the **** up, start acting like a damn adult and get on with what he committed himself to do.

Where is he bleating about anything, no quotes from Deek, but you just make it up as you go along eh.

Maybe you should man the **** up and stop telling porkies and act like an adult.

30-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Where is he bleating about anything, no quotes from Deek, but you just make it up as you go along eh.

Maybe you should man the **** up and stop telling porkies and act like an adult.

Did he make it over the big wall Silver?:greengrin

30-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Ah the old prejudging before the facts are out malarkey.
Donno why Deeks comes in for such stick some times.
Frustrating at times and not without flaw but look at the 100 goals and tributes online and Id imagine it would stir the emotions and pride of all hibees.

30-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Could never see him there.

30-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Lies or Chinese whispers??

30-10-2011, 08:49 PM
deek is on his 4th manager since being there and from what i heard the latest one prefers the team to be all chinese players. deek was raging a week or 2 ago about being subbed at half time despite being the only player in his team to have a shot at goal i dont think home sick is part of it, more like being squeezed out :rolleyes:

Riordans Boots
30-10-2011, 09:44 PM

:agree: 104 :flag:

30-10-2011, 09:45 PM

More of a general point based on the other Scots who have done the same.

If he turns up with a good excuse, fine, if he has gone AWOL and scarpered, then my point stands. I'd be much more leaning to that being the case here, unless anyone has any evidence to the contrary.

30-10-2011, 10:57 PM
More of a general point based on the other Scots who have done the same.

If he turns up with a good excuse, fine, if he has gone AWOL and scarpered, then my point stands. I'd be much more leaning to that being the case here, unless anyone has any evidence to the contrary.

In the same way you've got absolutely no ****ing evidence to base your stance on? Unless anyone has any evidence to the contrary, it looks like you are making your mind up based on **** all but an article in the sun which make you, well, a bit of an article yourself really eh? :wink:

31-10-2011, 08:14 AM
He's fell foul of the Triads, we'll never see him again. :worried:

三合会

31-10-2011, 08:41 AM
He's fell foul of the Triads, we'll never see him again. :worried:三合会 Is that the chinese for YLT at the bottom or CCS?

31-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't believe anything in the Sun, but if he has disappeared, I hope he's all right. One of the best ever finishers in the Scottish game. Who's going to be the next Hibs striker to score 100 goals for the Club?!?

31-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I genuiinely like Deeks but when I read that he was headed for China I shook my head in despair.

Several players from Australia have went to Chinese clubs on 'nig mpney 'contracts, and quite a few of them have failed to settle and returned sharpish - I couldnt see Deeks settling in Çhina.

Hopefully he will resurface and play again, but where , who knows.

Money isnt everything.

And if Jim MacArthur is stil his agent and is reading this, perhaps Deeks should follow éx Hibbies Brebner and Miller and come down under.

he'd enjoy the lifestyle and the relative space, even if the money may not be what he was on in China.

Not many natural goalscorers like Deeks down here.

31-10-2011, 10:48 AM
hes been on his xbox the last few days, so nae triads have got him:wink:.hardly the most reliable paper and a crap article to boot.can imagine us going through that amount of managers ? oh wait...:greengrin

31-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Derek R10rdan gone missing now were have I heard that before :offski:

31-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Would walk back into this Hibs team...

31-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Maybe, but CC would probably try him at Right Back.

31-10-2011, 11:36 AM

On last seasons form not sure he would think we are pretty strong up front.

31-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Would be an absolute goal machine in this team. :agree:

31-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Would love to see him back at ER. I think we all knew it would be a difficult transition for Deeks moving to and settling in China. He does strike me as a 'homie' prefers a bag a chips/curry and a can of tennants than the fine cuisine on offer in China.

Thought for today: Gary O and Deeks back together...:thumbsup::aok:

31-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Would love to see him back at ER. I think we all knew it would be a difficult transition for Deeks moving to and settling in China. He does strike me as a 'homie' prefers a bag a chips/curry and a can of tennants than the fine cuisine on offer in China.

Thought for today: Gary O and Deeks back together...:thumbsup::aok:

could be a very interesting attack, Sproule, O'Connor, Deeks, Griffiths

31-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Forgot about those two! Mouthwatering!:flag:

31-10-2011, 12:27 PM
What's Rocastle up to these days? :greengrin

31-10-2011, 01:08 PM

Why ?

We have forwards who have pace, score goals and are prepared to track back and help the defence. Deek might score goals but he wasn't very good at that over the second half of last season.

31-10-2011, 01:13 PM
surely you've only seen him score over 100 goals once? :greengrin

Aye ye ken what a mean :greengrin

01-11-2011, 07:03 AM

...well he certainly wouldn't run there:agree:

01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
...well he certainly wouldn't run there:agree:

Boring much?

WellingtonHibby
01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Boring much? only as boring as the hibs.net view of riordan being Jesus, maradona and pele rolled into one, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
only as boring as the hibs.net view of riordan being Jesus, maradona and pele rolled into one, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

To be fair, I think the Hibs.net view is quite evenly split between him being the messiah and a shadow of the pre-Celtic Riordan.

01-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Boring much?

Not as boring as watching him for the last 2 years

01-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Really two years. :confused:

When Hibs got into Europe under Yogi i am sure Deek scored 17 goals in that season and was in double figures for assists and that was from left midfield, and you seem to think that was poor, in his last season when the football on show from Hibs was poor, i thought he started the season of well but from January onwards he wasn't playing as good as he should have been, but mind you neither was the rest of the team, so really dont know where you are getting the two years from, and even with his bad form last season he still managed to finish top goal scorer at the club, apart from Sodje how many goals did the other strikers get during that season.

Purehibee_MYB
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM

I think Agogo deserves a mention in that attack too... he's been great this season!

01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Really two years. :confused:

When Hibs got into Europe under Yogi i am sure Deek scored 17 goals in that season and was in double figures for assists and that was from left midfield, and you seem to think that was poor, in his last season when the football on show from Hibs was poor, i thought he started the season of well but from January onwards he wasn't playing as good as he should have been, but mind you neither was the rest of the team, so really dont know where you are getting the two years from, and even with his bad form last season he still managed to finish top goal scorer at the club, apart from Sodje how many goals did the other strikers get during that season.

Jeez Silver, Al Capone got a shorter sentence than that one, I ran out of puff reading it!!
Seriously, you just beat me to it, there's opinions & there's facts. My opinion is Derek is the most natural finisher at ER since the great Joe & the facts are as you state above & Derek's 100+ goals for Hibs.

02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
For any Hibs fan to badmouth Derek is ****in ludicrous and quite frankly disgusting.

02-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Really?

Reading your pathetic, immature, dull, repetetive, emarrassing digs to, at the time a curreny & now ex player & good Hibby, or watching him score 30-40 goals for us...

No brainer for me..

Bit like you :aok:

02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3908485/Lewis-would-welcome-Deek-back-at-Hibs.html

02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3908485/Lewis-would-welcome-Deek-back-at-Hibs.html

Can't see it myself and don't know if I would want him back for a third time. You've got to laugh at the comment of whether Hibs could afford him given that he was on £30K a week in China. Deeks will know himself that he will be lucky to get a tenth of that regardless of where he goes. I wish him luck but feel that his career is heading south and I don't mean the EPL or Championship.

02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Always thought we'd see DR at ER again. Would be far from upset if he does come back.