PDA

View Full Version : Benji

frazeHFC
29-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Was bored and decided to see how some of our ex-players were doing these days, saw on wikipedia that Benji has not played a game since 2009. I remember hearing he had fell out with the Ismaily SC managment and had been chucked out just days after joining them.

Always liked him, and if he was not so lazy, he could have turned into a great player.

So anyone know what has happened to him?

Deeklipse
30-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Was bored and decided to see how some of our ex-players were doing these days, saw on wikipedia that Benji has not played a game since 2009. I remember hearing he had fell out with the Ismaily SC managment and had been chucked out just days after joining them.

Always liked him, and if he was not so lazy, he could have turned into a great player.

So anyone know what has happened to him?

So he never made it to Real Madrid?

hibsbollah
30-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Hes just disappeared from football. I hope hes doing something that makes him happy.

That 2006-7 season he was superb.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2011, 07:20 AM
I think he got married then his career started going downhill?

Anyone know what Maka's up to nowadays?

Oscar T Grouch
30-10-2011, 07:41 AM
I think he got married then his career started going downhill?

Anyone know what Maka's up to nowadays?

Te big man is back in Belguim again iirc, Mechelen I think, left 4 there after his contract wasnae renewed at Swansea

Golden Bear
30-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Te big man is back in Belguim again iirc, Mechelen I think, left 4 there after his contract wasnae renewed at Swansea

Now fitting tyres I believe.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2011, 07:51 AM

:hilarious

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I think he got married then his career started going downhill? Anyone know what Maka's up to nowadays? he got married and then things went downhill? I am sure loads of us feel a stronger affinity to him, now we know that.

easty
30-10-2011, 08:49 AM

I've heard his jobs at risk though......he keeps dropping them.

Ferryhibby
30-10-2011, 09:20 AM
he was in the papers the other day telling how the club never gave him the support he needed when his dad died.....dont know why it was brought up maybe just another way for the papers to have a go at us

Twiglet
30-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Benji is playing for Wyday Fez in Morocco who are currently 12th in the Moroccan league after 6 games. No idea if he's scored though.

itchy07
30-10-2011, 09:37 AM
No idea if he's scored though. Probably not as often as he used to do, if the stories about him getting married are true.

LancashireHibby
30-10-2011, 09:43 AM
If he'd have put his mind to it then Benji could be a hell of a player, but the CIS final and his derby goal aside, it's hard to think when he really showed his quality.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-10-2011, 10:05 AM
His technical ability was pretty good but still not as good as Riordan and Fletcher. Even if he had a rankin-like work ethic I don't think he would get any better than the OF or lower end of the premiership.

zlatan
30-10-2011, 09:34 PM
If he'd have put his mind to it then Benji could be a hell of a player, but the CIS final and his derby goal aside, it's hard to think when he really showed his quality.

For most of the 06/07 season he was great. The whole team stopped after the CIS final.

I remember one game in particular where we beat St Mirren 5-1, Benji and Zemmama were just outstanding together that day. Sadly it was a sight we seen all to rarely.

Stew the Hibee
31-10-2011, 12:39 AM
His technical ability was pretty good but still not as good as Riordan and Fletcher. Even if he had a rankin-like work ethic I don't think he would get any better than the OF or lower end of the premiership.

Really!? I wouldn't say Fletch was technically better than Benji, however he had a better attitude and decided to work hard to improve his talent.

Benji was one of the most talented strikers the club's had, but sadly couldn't be bothered most of the time.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Really!? I wouldn't say Fletch was technically better than Benji, however he had a better attitude and decided to work hard to improve his talent.

Benji was one of the most talented strikers the club's had, but sadly couldn't be bothered most of the time.

I think Fletcher when you add everything up, is probably just the best of all the players we have sold since Thomson deserted to the huns. It was a toss up between him and Brown for me, yet when fit Brown runs him very close.

Brown needs to go down south before we can judge him properly, but i think he will do just fine.

As for Benji, imo he's not in the same class as Fletcher, he might have all the flicks and fancy dan stuff that can look fantastic when it comes off. Yes he had that, but never had the attitude or determination to fight for the cause when things were not going our way.

Fletcher every time for me, he has it all and will make a good career out of the game at the top level, Benji wont. Saying all that, he could have still made a decent living in Scotland, and i will never forget his display at Hampden against Killie. :top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Haven't seen or read the article where Benji is saying that he received no support from the club but surely it must have been scripted by a jorno who knew nothing at all about his time at ER, if his comments were taken at face value.

LancashireHibby
31-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I think Fletcher when you add everything up, is probably just the best of all the players we have sold since Thomson deserted to the huns. It was a toss up between him and Brown for me, yet when fit Brown runs him very close.

Brown needs to go down south before we can judge him properly, but i think he will do just fine.

As for Benji, imo he's not in the same class as Fletcher, he might have all the flicks and fancy dan stuff that can look fantastic when it comes off. Yes he had that, but never had the attitude or determination to fight for the cause when things were not going our way.

Fletcher every time for me, he has it all and will make a good career out of the game at the top level, Benji wont. Saying all that, he could have still made a decent living in Scotland, and i will never forget his display at Hampden against Killie. :top marks

But I thought Fletcher was lazy and only had one foot? :wink:

Stew the Hibee
31-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Overall I'd agree Fletcher was the better player, but technically I'd say Benji was more gifted

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Overall I'd agree Fletcher was the better player, but technically I'd say Benji was more gifted

Benji as i said had all the flicks and touch in the SPL, imo he'd we way out his depth in the EPL, unless you have the application and work ethic Fletcher has, those flicks and touch mean nothing. You have to earn the right to play the way Benji does, and the SPL was about the height of his ability.

I know players i have played with, who in training you wondered why they were playing on the same park as i was. Then on a Saturday, when the tackles were flying in, and the games were tough, you knew just why they were playing in the same team, and not a higher standard. Technique only gets you so far, application, the right temperament plus the will to win is also needed.