PDA

View Full Version : Has today's result bought him a few more weeks??

scott7_0(Prague)
29-10-2011, 06:22 PM
No doubt a great result from the lads today, but it has definitely bought CC another few weeks or has it ??

Discuss.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Sadly i expect it has, like you happy we did not get pumped and actually played well, but sad he's still in the job.

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2011, 06:27 PM
No doubt a great result from the lads today, but it has definitely bought CC another few weeks or has it ??

Discuss.

Unfortunately yes. Calderwood seems to be able to get one half-decent performance out of four, which is apparently good enough for the board, and, sadly, many of the dwindling band of our supporters. It's going to be half-a-step forward, two steps back till Christmas, methinks.

bingo70
29-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Hopefully the fact we've kept a clean sheet might mean we're actually starting to turn a corner.

I never felt that was a possibility when we won games 3-2 as if we are to improve it'll start with the defence tightening up.

A long shot but hopefully the case

Albion Hibs
29-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I dont know if it has ever been a question of him having weeks, but today is really a bonus point IMO. The really important games are the two home wons we have coming up.

As I said after wednesday our league position wont be decided against points gained in Glasgow, but the other teams in the league, especially when playing them at home. Dunfermline and Killie were the important games before today, and I still think they are far more significant.

Fingers crossed we can take that work rate and concentration and committment into the next game and take three points.

Hibby 2005
29-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately yes. Calderwood seems to be able to get one half-decent performance out of four, which is apparently good enough for the board, and, sadly, many of the dwindling band of our supporters. It's going to be half-a-step forward, two steps back till Christmas, methinks.

His recent record is good enough so maybe, just maybe, a corner has been turned.

Yogi started with a bang and ended with a whimper, hopefully CC will do the opposite.

Time wiil tell.

stantonhibby
29-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Today was an excellent result and an unexpected point gained , however next week at home to Dunfermline will tell us more about the team than todays result. They are shipping goals and we really should be taking all 3 points.

Andy74
29-10-2011, 07:25 PM
His recent record is good enough so maybe, just maybe, a corner has been turned.

Yogi started with a bang and ended with a whimper, hopefully CC will do the opposite.

Time wiil tell.

And just before the whimper we went and won at Parkhead.

As others have said lets see where we are after the next couple of home games.

Hibby 2005
29-10-2011, 07:37 PM
And just before the whimper we went and won at Parkhead.

As others have said lets see where we are after the next couple of home games.

Hopefully the opposite to what happened with Yogi :greengrin.

CC has a brain, let's see if he uses it.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Discuss.

Sadly. Petrie will already have added this 0-0 to Calderwood's random list of achievements at ER - to keep all those pesky, cheque-book wielding suiters at bay :brickwall

JimBHibees
30-10-2011, 07:02 AM

Discuss.

The answer is yes and so it should.

Wilson
30-10-2011, 07:15 AM
You are only as good as your last game it seems. If he wasn't the man for the job last week and we are still perilously close to relegation then I don't see how one draw would buy him weeks...

I would reckon every week is a cup final for Calderwood as with every defeat there will be renewed calls for his sacking. At least until such a time as we have put a really decent run of form together and we find ourselves at the right end of the league.

hibsbollah
30-10-2011, 07:23 AM

If you look at it another way, we've been on a definite upward curve for 6 weeks now.

Since the nadir of our season at the end of August (derby defeat) and September 11th 0-0 home draw against Aberdeen, one of the worst performances ive ever seen), we've played 9, won3 drawn3 lost 3. Theres been plenty of encouraging performances in there (winning on pens aet away against Motherwell who are flying this season, midweek home win vs st johnstone and beating st mirren away, as well as yesterday which sounds our best performance for a long time). Two of those 3 defeats also came against the old firm.

Im not a Calderwood fan by any stretch but there HAS been sustained improvement in both performances and results IMO. Looks like there is genuine competition for places now as well with Galbraith Stephens and Stevenson getting game time.

Signs for cautious optimism IMO.

Golden Bear
30-10-2011, 07:42 AM
It's strange how Celtic fans are wanting their Manager sacked after yesterday's result but we are suggesting that the same result may have saved our own Manager!

gobragh1875
30-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Good to see Richie Towell in beside the hibs support at darkheed yesterday and why is it when things dont go right for the so called big boys of scottish football that its because the played bad and not that the other team out thought and out faught them to the support at darkheed yesterday well done but why the WE ARE THE PEOPLE PISH that was ok when it was done at castle gray skull but come on lets sing hibs songs and no that weedgie pish

hibs0666
30-10-2011, 09:29 AM
It's strange how Celtic fans are wanting their Manager sacked after yesterday's result but we are suggesting that the same result may have saved our own Manager!

Do you want the manager sacked for not winning at Parkhead? :confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
30-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I dont know if it has ever been a question of him having weeks, but today is really a bonus point IMO. The really important games are the two home wons we have coming up.

As I said after wednesday our league position wont be decided against points gained in Glasgow, but the other teams in the league, especially when playing them at home. Dunfermline and Killie were the important games before today, and I still think they are far more significant.

Fingers crossed we can take that work rate and concentration and committment into the next game and take three points.

We haven't won them yet! :wink:

silverhibee
30-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Hopefully the fact we've kept a clean sheet might mean we're actually starting to turn a corner.

I never felt that was a possibility when we won games 3-2 as if we are to improve it'll start with the defence tightening up.

A long shot but hopefully the case

Lets hope scoring goals haven't dryed up.

nortonhibby
30-10-2011, 02:26 PM

Not saved him but given him more time it looks like he will get another go at improving things in the Jan Window.
If results stay the same we will end up in botom six at the end of the Season and i suspect it will finally be curtains for CC Then.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Discuss.

Seems it did just that! :greengrin