View Full Version : Calderwood Learned From Wednesday

29-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Dropped Palsson, doubled up on Forrest with Stevenson protecting Hanlon, O'Hanlon and Stephens together looked good, Ivan as supersub!

Stiil not convinced with Agogo as he never looks like scoring despite his free role.

29-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Dropped Palsson, doubled up on Forrest with Stevenson protecting Hanlon, O'Hanlon and Stephens together looked good, Ivan as supersub!

Stiil not convinced with Agogo as he never looks like scoring despite his free role.

Maybe it was Broon :dunno:

29-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Or he got lucky, if Murray was fit he'd have played him?

29-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Maybe it was Broon :dunno:

That fits with what I've heard - if things go well it's because of BB but when it goes wrong it's down to CC.

29-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Murray will have to wait to get back into the side after today.
Stephens and O'Hanlon just fine today

29-10-2011, 06:01 PM
That fits with what I've heard - if things go well it's because of BB but when it goes wrong it's down to CC.

29-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Credit to cc. He got his tactics right. Hopefully Hibs will get better going forward. To be fair to Ian Murray he has done well at CH apart from Wednesday when Hooper ran him ragged. But O Hanlon and Stephens delivered so he might struggle to get back in.

29-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Oh aye, there you are. Wondered when you would crawl out.

edwards
29-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Credit to cc. He got his tactics right. Hopefully Hibs will get better going forward. To be fair to Ian Murray he has done well at CH apart from Wednesday when Hooper ran him ragged. But O Hanlon and Stephens delivered so he might struggle to get back in.

Always felt that Murray and O'Hanlon should be central defenders but have always thought Stephens looked a capable player at times but needed to work on his fitness and was a tad slow.
Played well midweek and seems to have had another good game today.

29-10-2011, 06:21 PM
If he learned from every bad defeat we'd had, he'd be a footballing genius, and his record clearly shows otherwise.

saltandsauce
29-10-2011, 06:22 PM
For me that was galbraiths best performance in a Hibs jersey,and if it wasn't for osbourne my hibs mom

29-10-2011, 06:23 PM

FFS every time. :faf: Have you seen us defend better than we did today? And crawl out from where,i have been here all day?

My erse has never left this sofa all day, Hibs game on the tv, ssn and hibs.net on the mac. Quality. :top marks

29-10-2011, 06:27 PM

FFS every time. :faf: Have you seen us defend better than we did today? And crawl out from where,i have been here all day?

My erse has never left this sofa all day, Hibs game on the tv, ssn and hibs.net on the mac. Quality. :top marks

Just very boring that i am back in the door having spent an afternoon in that dump witnessing and supporting a great hibs performance, and come back to the one person on here that has a go at certain players and the team regardless. Get a life.

On another note fair play to the support today, decent numbers and vocal from start to finish, unlike the silent lot throughout, with exception of the rank offenders corner.

29-10-2011, 06:29 PM
If he learned from every bad defeat we'd had, he'd be a footballing genius, and his record clearly shows otherwise.

I feel he's getting there, Jan. will be crunch time.

29-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Just very boring that i am back in the door having spent an afternoon in that dump witnessing and supporting a great hibs performance, and come back to the one person on here that has a go at certain players and the team regardless. Get a life.

On another note fair play to the support today, decent numbers and vocal from start to finish, unlike the silent lot throughout, with exception of the rank offenders corner.

I cant apologise enough, i'm very sorry i have upset you and taken the gloss off what was a decent performance. My intentions were to point out one of the reasons i believe that came about, but did not think about those sensitive souls like yourself, who cant see the *** wood from the tree's.

29-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I cant apologise enough, i'm very sorry i have upset you and taken the gloss off what was a decent performance. My intentions were to point out one of the reasons i believe that came about, but did not think about those sensitive souls like yourself, who cant see the *** wood from the tree's.

You were having a go at both Murray and CC, and lets be honest your view on how the game came to the conclusion it did is rather invalid as you were not there.

But rather than celebrate the win just you carry on having a go. IMO its not CC and Rod that are killing Hibs, it is fans like you.:bye:

29-10-2011, 06:41 PM
You were having a go at both Murray and CC, and lets be honest your view on how the game came to the conclusion it did is rather invalid as you were not there.

But rather than celebrate the win just you carry on having a go. IMO its not CC and Rod that are killing Hibs, it is fans like you.:bye:

Happy clapping taken to the max. :greengrin

29-10-2011, 06:41 PM

I know you're entitled to your opinion but this little spat between you and BH is getting quite tiresome. We get that you disagree with 99.9% of what he posts. Put him on ignore - that function is a godsend :rolleyes: :greengrin

29-10-2011, 06:42 PM
can we get a popcorn machine in here plz ???

29-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Happy clapping taken to the max. :greengrin

:greengrin:top marks

29-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Erse !.

29-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Erse !.

And out crawls the other one.

29-10-2011, 06:46 PM

Oh why are you waving bye bye, this was just getting interesting. :love ya!:

29-10-2011, 06:50 PM

If you could be impartial for one moment, can you admit that we looked a lot better defensively without Ian Murray playing today?

29-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Oh why are you waving bye bye, this was just getting interesting. :love ya!:

I have elected to go out for a few pints with a group of yam mates. An evening which I could not see far enough at 10pm on Wednesday, but I am now chapping at the bit and looking out my best aftershave and favourite can of Lynx.

Dont worry I am sure that we will get plenty of time to debate (?)....or completely disagree about something else soon......I say it is Sunday tomorrow...you say?!!

29-10-2011, 06:57 PM
If you could be impartial for one moment, can you admit that we looked a lot better defensively without Ian Murray playing today?

This should be interesting.

I have elected to go out for a few pints with a group of yam mates. An evening which I could not see far enough at 10pm on Wednesday, but I am now chapping at the bit and looking out my best aftershave and favourite can of Lynx.

Dont worry I am sure that we will get plenty of time to debate (?)....or completely disagree about something else soon......I say it is Sunday tomorrow...you say?!!

Me too, i'm off out tonight as well. I'm luckier than your yam mates though as you wont be there. :na na:

IFONLY
29-10-2011, 06:58 PM

sure its just a drink your going for????? lol

29-10-2011, 06:58 PM

That's bollocks, if you watch the game at the stadium or on TV you can have a view of what's went on. :agree:

29-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I have elected to go out for a few pints with a group of fellow yam mates. An evening which I could not see far enough at 10pm on Wednesday, but I am now chapping at the bit and looking out my best aftershave and favourite can of Lynx.

:Ummm: :eyes:

p.s. do you mean 'champing' at the bit ? or are you playing dominoes :greengrin enjoy yer night anyway lol

29-10-2011, 07:00 PM
That's bollocks, if you watch the game at the stadium or on TV you can have a view of what's went on. :agree:

I think i could have listened to the game on bbc radio alba and had more idea about what went on than him.:agree:

29-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm just shocked he stayed for the game when he found out his wee pal Ian wasn't playing.

29-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm just shocked he stayed for the game when he found out his wee pal Ian wasn't playing.

Or is he Ian?:devil:

29-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I wish I'd never started this thread.

All I wanted to point out originally was that CC seemed to have learned from Wednesday's defeat and put out a team today that went to Parkhead and got a result.

29-10-2011, 07:15 PM

:agree: Little to do with CC and everything to do with Hibs players typically raising their game when in the shop window in Glasgow. 0-3 v Huns last season another example.

29-10-2011, 07:19 PM
:agree: Little to do with CC and everything to do with Hibs players typically raising their game when in the shop window in Glasgow. 0-3 v Huns last season another example.

Rubbish.....IMO :wink:

29-10-2011, 07:27 PM

All I wanted to point out originally was that CC seemed to have learned from Wednesday's defeat and put out a team today that went to Parkhead and got a result.

:agree:Let's enjoy the fact that we didn't get beat by one of the worst Celtic teams in decades, but not carried away by suggesting that the Clown Calderwood actually might have learned something about how to manage a football team. The guy will rightly be sacked within the next few weeks and Hibernian FC can start the long road to recovery.

29-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Rubbish.....IMO :wink:

You've not be watching Hibs nearly long enough :wink:

29-10-2011, 07:36 PM
You've not be watching Hibs nearly long enough :wink:

Yeah only the 37 years since my first game....Saying that spared the pain this year, its easier to hide from it over the sea :greengrin

HNA5
29-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Indeed.

Can we all stick to the point of the thread please and keep the petty squabbles for another time?

29-10-2011, 07:51 PM

I'm glad you did, because I agree with you and arguments are funny :agree: