PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline next week

Diclonius
29-10-2011, 05:11 PM
If we lose/fail to win this, should CC be sacked? Or will today's result give him a reprieve irrespective of out next couple week's results?

I think we've done ok recently and am prepared to give him a wee while but if we lose to the team that's second bottom of the SPL then there really can be no excuses, and I'll be calling for his head.

allezsauzee
29-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't think he should be sacked on the basis of the result of 1 match

Billy Whizz
29-10-2011, 05:16 PM
If we lose/fail to win this, should CC be sacked? Or will today's result give him a reprieve irrespective of out next couple week's results?

I think we've done ok recently and am prepared to give him a wee while but if we lose to the team that's second bottom of the SPL then there really can be no excuses, and I'll be calling for his head.

Give us a chance for god sake. I'm just back from Parkhead and we were the better team.
But I agree we need to vastly improve our home form and need to start beating teams like Dunfermline

tamig
29-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Why the negativity? I prefer to look towards next week as an opportunity to get another win and hopefully do our goal difference a bit of a favour.

Franck Stanton
29-10-2011, 05:44 PM

He shouldn't be reprieved on the basis of one match either. Anyway, IF it does happen it would be on the steady decline of the team and brand of football displayed over the past year.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Next week is a must win game, i think he should be punted, but even Petrie and this board cant have another sub standard home performance.

HFC 0-7
29-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I would say he will get the next 4 games before the board assess the situation. Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Motherwell. That will take us up to December 2nd. Perfect opportunity for the board to say he can be given funds in January or a new manager can be given funds in January. Personally I dont think Calderwood is up to it but going to parkhead and getting a draw after the midweek collapse shows that both the team and himself have a bit of pride and fight so for that I think he deserves another few games.

Holmesdale Hibs
29-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Not in my opinion. We've shown some signs of progress since BB arrived so I think we should stick with both of them to see if this continues. That's not to say that I'm pleased with the way things have gone since CC took over, I just don't see what sacking another manager would bring us. Give them both until Xmas at the very least.

IWasThere2016
29-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Its a must win.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Of course it is, but we need to be patient and not get on their backs early doors

essexhibee
29-10-2011, 06:08 PM
We looked good at times today. Think osbourne is starting to be a revelation in midfield, wotherspoon looks like he is improving. We should have enough to win what has to be a must win game but with this team just never know!!

saltandsauce
29-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Of course it is, but we need to be patient and not get on their backs early doors Like that's gonna happen at home

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I would say he will get the next 4 games before the board assess the situation. Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Motherwell. That will take us up to December 2nd. Perfect opportunity for the board to say he can be given funds in January or a new manager can be given funds in January. Personally I dont think Calderwood is up to it but going to parkhead and getting a draw after the midweek collapse shows that both the team and himself have a bit of pride and fight so for that I think he deserves another few games.

As much as i want to go now, I think the scenario you've outlined will probably happen.

H18sry
29-10-2011, 06:33 PM
It will be interesting to see what his team selection will be, Towell will be available and so may Murray be, I would stick with the 11 that started today. :agree:

HH81
29-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry everyone as I'm going and the fact Hibs are normally rubbish when I go then I can see a draw next week, don't blame me though :aok:

Billy Whizz
29-10-2011, 07:58 PM
It will be interesting to see what his team selection will be, Towell will be available and so may Murray be, I would stick with the 11 that started today. :agree:

Not sure he will. Dunfermline will come and sit and we'll a need a bit more creativity in the last 3rd

erin go bragh
29-10-2011, 08:01 PM

But winning 12 out of 45 is sacking stats no ?

ggtth

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2011, 08:11 PM
as we have said many times before,next week is a must win for us. i have a feeling todays result just might be the turn around for better performances

a couple of wins and we are really going to move up the league

allmodcons
29-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Next week is a must win game, i think he should be punted, but even Petrie and this board cant have another sub standard home performance.

No change there then BH. I hope he's given 'til the end of the season! Said on another thread continuity is important and changing our manager yet again is a recipe for disaster.

I think we're showing signs of improvement! Motherwell at home was poor but, that game apart, our recent league form isn't as bad as you and others on these boards might want us to believe (i.e. - 2 defeats in 8 games = 10 points).

Personally, I don't think this is good enough, but it's an improving picture.

LancashireHibby
29-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry everyone as I'm going and the fact Hibs are normally rubbish when I go then I can see a draw next week, don't blame me though :aok:

Snap on both counts, I've yet to see us score a goal this season!

Don't necessarily want to put the game next week is do or die, but we at least need a positive performance and result or the sand will start to drain again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Set out that same team again and ask the players to perform with the same level of concentration and application as they have shown today.

--------
29-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Snap on both counts, I've yet to see us score a goal this season!

Don't necessarily want to put the game next week is do or die, but we at least need a positive performance and result or the sand will start to drain again.

Every game right now is a crunch game - only by putting together a reasonable string of results and performances can Calderwood and the team get the home crowd off their backs. The November fixtures are all games we should take something from; if the team plays with a bit of pride and commitment we SHOULD be in a much less difficult position League-wise in 4 weeks time than we are now.

It's hard for a team to win when the crowd are on their backs, and this has been the case at ER for a long time now. However, the only way for the team to get the crowd OFF their backs is to win a few home games - a decent run of results would make a huge difference to morale and atmosphere between now and Christmas.

Basically the responsibility rests with Calderwood and the players - dig out a run of good results and the fans will begin to feel better about things; the atmosphere at games will improve and attendances will improve.

Between now and the end of the year we have these League games scheduled.

November:

Sat 5
15:00
Dunfermline
H
SPL

Sat 19
Kilmarnock
H
SPL

Sat 26
St Johnstone
A
SPL

December:

Fri 2
19:45
Motherwell
A
SPL

Sat 10
12:30
Rangers
H
SPL

Sat 17
12:30
Aberdeen
A
SPL

Sat 24
Dundee United
A
SPL

Wed 28
19:45
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
H
SPL

IMO we should be able to get 3 wins, 3 draws, and 2 defeats from these games. 12 points. If we do, I think I would relax a little; I would also expect Calderwood to continue, and (I'd hope) be given resources to strengthen the squad in January.

We just have to wait and see.

ronaldo7
29-10-2011, 09:40 PM

Ever the optimist in me says you should have started the thread with " If we win this one, will Dunfermline be in deep doo doo".:wink:

frazeHFC
29-10-2011, 11:14 PM
For me, just like i said after Ibrox, it will be totally down to the players (although obviously CC has a part to play). Again we showed desire, will and fight just like at Ibrox, yet we do not show this mentality in other games. If we go out next week with a competitive, winning mentality, then we will win.

Kaiser1962
29-10-2011, 11:19 PM

Start a poll. We've not had one for three days.

matty_f
30-10-2011, 08:49 AM
He's had 3 defeats in the last 9 games iirc, and those have come away to Rangers and at home to Celtc and Motherwell - the top 3 teams in the league. I know we can quote stats from much further back to highlight a point arguing against this, but his recent form is far from sackable imho.

He has to win the next couple of home games though, they are crucial.

JimBHibees
30-10-2011, 10:20 AM
He's had 3 defeats in the last 9 games iirc, and those have come away to Rangers and at home to Celtc and Motherwell - the top 3 teams in the league. I know we can quote stats from much further back to highlight a point arguing against this, but his recent form is far from sackable imho.

He has to win the next couple of home games though, they are crucial.

I agree if you look over the last 10 games we have done ok with some very poor performances in there also but some signs of improvement especially yesterday. I think we need to be beating the Pars on Saturday and then do well against a Killie team who IMO are decent and will be a test. I really hope he sticks with the team that played yesterday as there were a few good performances from guys who have struggled a bit of late such as Lewis, Spoony and Galbraith. These guys IMO need a run of games to get a chance to secure a place and provide competition which is always a good thing, when you look at our bench yesterday it was IMO pretty strong - Sodje, Ivan, VP, Scott etc and we should be capable of doing better than of late.