PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson

hibsbollah
29-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Where in the midfield was he today and how did he do?

Shrekko
29-10-2011, 04:34 PM

You've got some serious man love going on for Lewis mate :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Centre mid.

Sloppy first half. Tidy second.

hibsbollah
29-10-2011, 04:37 PM
You've got some serious man love going on for Lewis mate :greengrin Us Morrissey fans have to stick together. So how did he do?

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 04:42 PM
He did very well, the whole team did. :top marks

Shrekko
29-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Us Morrissey fans have to stick together. So how did he do?
I thought he was fine- a typical performance from him. Not pulling up trees but reasonably steady.

I'd always say that a player of that type/quality shouldn't be starting in a Hibs midfield but at the moment it has to be an option.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Stevenson seemed to be playing behind the ball by in large but got himself forward when things opened up for him. He played really well and was the difference between the game on Wednesday in terms of the Hibs team.

Celtic were pretty poor, they in fairness looked shattered. I think there euro game, Wed and then today has taken its toll as that was as little as I have seen a Celtic team give through there.

Jonnyboy
29-10-2011, 08:17 PM
As someone who always defends Lewis can I just say I'm delighted he played so well :greengrin

Aubenas
29-10-2011, 10:18 PM
As someone who always defends Lewis can I just say I'm delighted he played so well

What he said! :agree:

500miles
30-10-2011, 06:55 AM
For me, there's not a player in this squad, or any squad since Murphy left, that delivers a better ball from the left hand side than Lewis.
He's a wee terrier too, and probably gets more stick BECAUSE of his MOTM performance in the CIS final. It was not his only good performance. He had a number of good performances when KT left, including against KT himself, provoking the crowd to sing " You are replaceable". Also performances against Hearts - causing Stewart to spit the dummy - and towards the end of Hughes time at the club, where i felt he rarely let us down. His issue is one of belief, because if he focussed on getting into positions to deliver those diagonal crosses in the box, and nullifying the midfield danger men, then he would be seen as a much greater asset than he currently is.

JimBHibees
30-10-2011, 06:58 AM
As someone who always defends Lewis can I just say I'm delighted he played so well :greengrin

He was excelent, tenacious and used the ball well. Gave us something in the middle of the park we have been missing. Well done Lewis.

Shrekko
30-10-2011, 09:38 AM
We have this situation every 2/3 months. The team are playing so badly that the manager brings in a couple of boys who aren't getting a game- normally including Lewis. Lewis then puts in a hard working performance then the same 5/6 posters on here come on singing his praises, normally picking out 4 or 5 decent games he's had in the past 5/6 years and slating the managers for not giving him a chance. The problem is that he's had umpteen chances and he normally fades very quickly to the point he gets dropped again after 3/4 games.

In a funny way, I always hope this time will be different as I quite like the guy as well (not to the point of obsession like some). It frustrates me greatly this predictable cycle, but if he can step it up a gear well good luck to him.

HibbyAndy
30-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Me tae :agree:

GreenPJ
30-10-2011, 10:54 AM
We have this situation every 2/3 months. The team are playing so badly that the manager brings in a couple of boys who aren't getting a game- normally including Lewis. Lewis then puts in a hard working performance then the same 5/6 posters on here come on singing his praises, normally picking out 4 or 5 decent games he's had in the past 5/6 years and slating the managers for not giving him a chance. The problem is that he's had umpteen chances and he normally fades very quickly to the point he gets dropped again after 3/4 games.

In a funny way, I always hope this time will be different as I quite like the guy as well (not to the point of obsession like some). It frustrates me greatly this predictable cycle, but if he can step it up a gear well good luck to him.

Contradictions in there. I think its true Stevenson has not fulfilled his early potential. For me he suffered more than most by the leaving of Collins as he never then got the man management and time and support he needed. He has then not had a lot of opportunity, as you say he gets brought in then dropped as soon as he has a bad game/bad half game. Other players during that time continued to get the time to play through their bad period, Lewis has not had that.

For me he deserves a run, if he gets that run and does not deliver then fair enough but not sure he can really be seen to have been given a fair chance over the last couple of years.

tamig
30-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Contradictions in there. I think its true Stevenson has not fulfilled his early potential. For me he suffered more than most by the leaving of Collins as he never then got the man management and time and support he needed. He has then not had a lot of opportunity, as you say he gets brought in then dropped as soon as he has a bad game/bad half game. Other players during that time continued to get the time to play through their bad period, Lewis has not had that.

For me he deserves a run, if he gets that run and does not deliver then fair enough but not sure he can really be seen to have been given a fair chance over the last couple of years.

agree with the bit in bold. It was the young boys who really prospered under JC. Kevin McCann, Lewis, Benji, Scott Brown and Whittaker. All of them moved up a gear under JC and I know personally from some of the guys that they loved his training and his methods. It was the older pros who couldn't hack the uplift in work rate required by JC.

Shrekko
30-10-2011, 12:51 PM

No contradictions from me whatsoever. Lewis has had loads of chances and not once has he strung together a few performances on the bounce that would make it impossible or even h
ard to drop him. The fact folk bring up a few performances from different years that he did well in sums it up.

I do agree however that other players have been allowed to be mediocre over longer periods and not been dropped but 2 wrongs wouldn't make a right.

Let's all just hope that Lewis can find consistency as his best might just be good enough at this current time. I always thought he could play a role similar to Paul Lambert if he'd continued to develop. That might be ideal just now as Osbourne becomes influential all over the park.