PDA

View Full Version : That was so much better!

R'Albin
29-10-2011, 04:00 PM
That is probably our best performance of the season, Osbourne was outstanding IMO. Griffiths and Galbraith both put in a good shift. Wotherspoon beginning to look like himself again.

The defence today were superb, we didn't even look like conceding to be honest. Stack looked assure again, overall just a really good team effort:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
29-10-2011, 04:05 PM
That is probably our best performance of the season, Osbourne was outstanding IMO. Griffiths and Galbraith both put in a good shift. Wotherspoon beginning to look like himself again.

The defence today were superb, we didn't even look like conceding to be honest. Stack looked assure again, overall just a really good team effort:thumbsup:

Succinct but accurate summary IMO! :wink: :agree:

PISTOL1875
29-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Are you having a laugh ?? I couldn't at least 3 times where he spilled the ball from a Celtic shot....

Best performance so far.. Reason being Murray who is too slow and Sproule who is dreadful aren't in from the start...

Hibees07
29-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Maybe CC has just picked the right line-up at last. Looked very comfortable in the 2nd half.

Keep it the same next week and we will see if he's hit the jackpot at last. :aok:

R'Albin
29-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Succinct but accurate summary IMO! :wink: :agree:

:wink:

Are you having a laugh ?? I couldn't at least 3 times where he spilled the ball from a Celtic shot....

I noticed he did it off Stokes in the first half, but never seen any others? Stream cut off at points though..

SaulGoodman
29-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree, sounds strange that we're all celebrating a 0-0 but it looked (or sounded I should say) a much better performance today! :aok:

N.Wales Hibby
29-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Got to agree, We played some good football today.:thumbsup:

ScottB
29-10-2011, 04:15 PM
The real key will be sustaining this. We've been decent at points all season long, but until we start doing it over longer periods of time...

Today is a nice bonus, but beating Dunfermline is vital if CC stands any chance of keeping his job.

Franck Stanton
29-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Have to admit I am amazed at this result, when I saw the team selected I was convinced we would suffer a heavy defeat. Thank god I was wrong. Still think CC must go, and find myself asking where this fighting spirit and overall teamwork has been for the past year. Still, credit where credit is due, well done lads , we now have what many would consider to be some of the easier teams in the league to play in next few weeks, lets see if we can carry on todays fight and determination into them. IF we do we will record a few wins and make our way up this league. Slightly concerned about the amount of yellows Ozzie is picking up as he is fast developing into our best m/f player and would be sorely missed.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Not getting carried away but considering that most folk (including myself) probably expected us to get turned over today then it was a great result. A bit more composure in front of their goal and we could have sneaked it.

jdships
29-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Not getting carried away but considering that most folk (including myself) probably expected us to get turned over today then it was a great result. A bit more composure in front of their goal and we could have sneaked it.

Wasn't at the game but a friend who was in " hospitality" made these comments to me a few minutes ago by text

" Celtic were dire"
" Hibs had more purpose about them than have seen for a while "
"Regardless the final result, we have defended so much better than we have done in a long time."
" No MOM : they all did a job - well done !! "

Don't know if this is an accurate summation of the game but sounds as if " the boys done well " :greengrin

skipster7
29-10-2011, 04:54 PM
a good unexpected result.had a good chuckle at CCs post match interview saying we were like "kids at a party" regarding trying to take throw ins etc too quickly:greengrin.well done lads:agree:

JimBHibees
30-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Wasn't at the game but a friend who was in " hospitality" made these comments to me a few minutes ago by text

" Celtic were dire"
" Hibs had more purpose about them than have seen for a while "
"Regardless the final result, we have defended so much better than we have done in a long time."
" No MOM : they all did a job - well done !! "

Don't know if this is an accurate summation of the game but sounds as if " the boys done well " :greengrin

Pretty accurate assessment of the game. Hibs looked more solid and worked very hard for a well earned point.

Hermit Crab
30-10-2011, 09:06 AM
:wink:

I noticed he did it off Stokes in the first half, but never seen any others? Stream cut off at points though..

If you had been at the game you would agree that stack did spill a few efforts as a dodgy Internet stream cannot be good to judge individual performances

JimBHibees
30-10-2011, 09:10 AM
If you had been at the game you would agree that stack did spill a few efforts as a dodgy Internet stream cannot be good to judge individual performances

Honestly thought Stack played well yesterday and put in a confident performance.

Hermit Crab
30-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Honestly thought Stack played well yesterday and put in a confident performance.

I'm not saying he was rubbish I disagree with OP's view on stack. I do reckon he's the safest pair of hands and deserves the jersey

brog
30-10-2011, 09:14 AM

I believe he could turn out to be a terrific signing. I had the pleasure of Jeff Stelling's company a week or 2 back, of course we talked football all night, & he said Villa rated Osbourne very highly indeed & we have a snip if we can get him back to his best.
I'm afraid I can't share his comments on Nishy! :wink:

hibs0666
30-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I agree, sounds strange that we're all celebrating a 0-0 but it looked (or sounded I should say) a much better performance today! :aok:

In the last 20 years we have won four times and drawn 10 times at Parkheid.

Any time we avoid defeat there is a good result. :thumbsup: