PDA

View Full Version : 7.15pm KO's

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:15 PM
There were a lot of latecomers last night due the earlier than normal ko. I stay about 5 miles or so away from ER and it took me over 1 hour to get to the area and then get parked, when it normally takes around 25 mins. Just got in in time for KO.
Not a good idea for fans to have travel during peak time traffic.
Noticed Celtic had loads of empty seats unto 15 mins into the game although their end did fill up.
7.15pm is ok for armchair fans but what about the real fans!!!

connerg
27-10-2011, 07:20 PM
There were a lot of latecomers last night due the earlier than normal ko. I stay about 5 miles or so away from ER and it took me over 1 hour to get to the area and then get parked, when it normally takes around 25 mins. Just got in in time for KO.
Noticed Celtic had loads of empty seats unto 15 mins into the game although their end did fill up.

Think the 7:15 KO was in case it went to extra time and penalties so the tv schedule wasn't disturbed. I agree though, far to many games have weird KO times to suit tv.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Think the 7:15 KO was in case it went to extra time and penalties so the tv schedule wasn't disturbed. I agree though, far to many games have weird KO times to suit tv.

:agree::agree:

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Even for the armchair fans 7.15pm isn't great... I've got to sort the kids out, get tea done, orgainise their home work, watch the news, feed the cats etc

Total nightmare! My armchair wasn't properly heated up until its usual 7.45pm... Not great celebrating a goal on a cold armchair!1 :rolleyes:

Maybe though, just maybe, some people (who don't live 5 miles from the ground) found it refreshing to get home half an hour earlier from a midweek game???

Gatecrasher
27-10-2011, 07:23 PM
from a selfish point of view i enjoyed it. I work in leith now so i finished work got a pub dinner then off to the game, got home at a no bad time as well. However i agree too many games get shifted now :agree:

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:25 PM

I know that.
Just think it's an inconvenience for the fans who go to games, doesn't affect people who follow football from their Living rooms

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I know that.
Just think it's an inconvenience for the fans who go to games, doesn't affect people who follow football from their Living rooms

But it's not an inconvenience for fans who have to travel from outside Edinburgh... Poor statement IMO :agree:

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:30 PM
What's your point

Saorsa
27-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I know that.
Just think it's an inconvenience for the fans who go to games, doesn't affect people who follow football from their Living roomsHardly a surprise then, since when has convenience of the fans ever been a priority for the muppets that run the game in this country. Fan convenience is so far down the list it comes after PTO at the bottom of the page.

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 07:31 PM
What's your point

Who's point? Mine?

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah yeah

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah yeah

"Yeah yeah"? Oh dear my friend...

My point, if you had enough brain cells to understand it, was that....In fact, I'm not even going to try and explain. :aok:

Thankfully you have no idea what is happening here and thus will probably just stare at your computer screen with a puzzled expression :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:42 PM
"Yeah yeah"? Oh dear my friend...

My point, if you had enough brain cells to understand it, was that....In fact, I'm not even going to try and explain. :aok:

Thankfully you have no idea what is happening here and thus will probably just stare at your computer screen with a puzzled expression :rolleyes:
Mr Frogg, not sure where your based or your circumstances, and I apologies if I've offended you. However if you read my 1st post you will understand my reasons for against 7.15 ko. I would say around 30% of fans were late in due to the early ko.
Want to play a game in an empty stadium

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Mr Frogg, not sure where your based or your circumstances, and I apologies if I've offended you. However if you read my 1st post you will understand my reasons for against 7.15 ko. I would say around 30% of fans were late in due to the early ko.
Want to play a game in an empty stadium

Yeah, but my point was simple in that a 7.15pm KO was beneficial to fans from outside Edinburgh in that they could get home earlier.. You then proceeded to mock this theory and act like a 15 year old with posts like "what's your point" and "yeah yeah"

Why waste a good keyboard...?

*edit* If you stay 5 miles from ER why not hop on a bus? Or walk?

"Coz, I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk...."

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 07:52 PM
As I said I apologise as I didn't know your circumstances, good for you that you made the time to visit ER from afar

Friends?

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 08:04 PM
As I said I apologise as I didn't know your circumstances, good for you that you made the time to visit ER from afar

Friends?

We are Hibbys, we'll always be friends :agree:

Also, in these dark days, we Hibby's need to stick together. If not, we'll just be another filthy yam pervert in a hopeless world of asbestos :agree:

GGTTH

staunchhibby
27-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Would the attendance have been any better with a later kick off.Think not

HNA6
27-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Would the attendance have been any better with a later kick off.Think notThink the op was referring more to peak time traffic/congestion as opposed to the actual attendance ..

greenlex
27-10-2011, 08:23 PM

An hour??!!!!!!!!
You need to change your Avatar.

R'Albin
27-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Fair enough this didn't apply last night but for a normal league game we couldn't make the final train to Aberdeen but if it's a 715 KO we can make it..

I really don't get your point about it helping armchair fans though..?

HNA6
27-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Fair enough this didn't apply last night but for a normal league game we couldn't make the final train to Aberdeen but if it's a 715 KO we can make it..

I really don't get your point about it helping armchair fans though..?Well ..if your plonked in yer chair watching tv then cushty ...if your in a car/bus/train/skateboard etc then you still have to make your way tae the ground ..aye ..?

R'Albin
27-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Well ..if your plonked in yer chair watching tv then cushty ...if your in a car/bus/train/skateboard etc then you still have to make your way tae the ground ..aye ..?

Yeah I know that, but don't see how it benefits them?

HNA6
27-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah I know that, but don't see how it benefits them?Well unless there is traffic congestion in yer hoose then you wont be held up ..:greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 08:56 PM
It does. They switch their telly off at 8pm and think Hibs won the tie

R'Albin
27-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Well unless there is traffic congestion in yer hoose then you wont be held up ..:greengrin

Well my sister gets her programs until she goes to bed at 730, if that counts:rolleyes::greengrin

HH81
27-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I finished 5 aside at 7pm, I didn't have my car so arranged my gf to pick me up and drive me 3 miles to my house just to get home in time......How dare they kick off so early :greengrin

HNA6
27-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Well my sister gets her programs until she goes to bed at 730, if that counts:rolleyes::greengrinGet it sorted Ralbs ..are ye man or mouse ..:rules:

LancashireHibby
27-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I finished 5 aside at 7pm, I didn't have my car so arranged my gf to pick me up and drive me 3 miles to my house just to get home in time......How dare they kick off so early :greengrin

Those oranges won't cut themselves at half time :na na:

Future17
27-10-2011, 09:45 PM
But it's not an inconvenience for fans who have to travel from outside Edinburgh... Poor statement IMO :agree:

Unless they finish work at 5pm and live between 2hrs 15min and 2hrs 45min from ER. :greengrin

Hibs_SW
28-10-2011, 08:18 AM
7.15 lock off is rotten! I missed first 15 mins also it's a joke trying to get parked at leith these days especially at that time when everyone is home From work! Ended up at meadow bank With a 15 minute walk at least :(

Hermit Crab
28-10-2011, 01:39 PM
It doesnt matter what time the KO was/is we got horsed regardless if it was an empty ground or a full house. I dont recall anybody moaning about the 15:45 ko for the recent derby. :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
28-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I dont recall anybody moaning about the 15:45 ko for the recent derby. :rolleyes:

Not exactly relevant when considering that was a Sunday.