PDA

View Full Version : Violence

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2011, 06:18 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/276541-violence-at-cup-clash-pre-organised/

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2011, 06:20 PM
''Shortly before 9pm Celtic fans on a coach parked outside the International Bar on Brougham Place started vandalising the vehicle from the inside, breaking three windows''

:greengrin
Game still underway at this point :confused:

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Shame to hear this. 2 clubs that have a bit in common you would think there would be a degree of mutual respect.

I'm from the west coast but support Hibs, think it's more a location thing .. with a few thugs.

Broken Gnome
27-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Shame to hear this. 2 clubs that have a bit in common you would think there would be a degree of mutual respect.
I'm from the west coast but support Hibs, think it's more a location thing .. with a few thugs.

No.

Hibs Class
27-10-2011, 06:36 PM

:troll:

The_Todd
27-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Celtic fans wrecking their own coach? Best fans in the world?

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:38 PM
So, you are denying the Irish dispora??

I don't like Celtic but the classism of some Hibs fans towards "weegies" goes against the very foundations of which we were built on.

greenlex
27-10-2011, 06:40 PM
So, you are denying the Irish dispora??I don't like Celtic but the classism of some Hibs fans towards "weegies" goes against the very foundations of which we were built on. They are a bunch of thieving tramps. Always have been.We were not built on that. Poles apart laddie.

SaulGoodman
27-10-2011, 06:42 PM

I don't like Celtic but the classism of some Hibs fans towards "weegies" goes against the very foundations of which we were built on.
http://acephalous.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2df453ef010536e8ac41970b-320wi

sambajustice
27-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Love the thread title!! Its just brilliant! Seriously, its genius!

The_Todd
27-10-2011, 06:46 PM
We have ancient history in common. Modern Hibs and modern Celtic and the respective fanbases are very, very different.

connerg
27-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Thieving tramps stole our heritage and and tried to put us out of business, not to mention voting against us getting back in the league.

Hibs Class
27-10-2011, 06:48 PM
We have ancient history in common. Modern Hibs and modern Celtic and the respective fanbases are very, very different.

:agree: Thankfully. :pray:

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:49 PM

I understand that, and I don't like the Septic fans who sing IRA songs on a Saturday afternoon. I was merely pointing out that many Hibs fans have forgotten that we were set up to help and house poor catholics in Edinburgh.

Calling people "weegies" and "tramps" is something I would expect from a Jambo or Gers fan.

Honestly, some people need to grow up and learn about our history.

The_Todd
27-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I understand that, and I don't like the Septic fans who sing IRA songs on a Saturday afternoon. I was merely pointing out that many Hibs fans have forgotten that we were set up to help and house poor catholics in Edinburgh.

Calling people "weegies" and "tramps" is something I would expect from a Jambo or Gers fan.

Well, they are Weegies. The ones who don't travel from all lengths of the country to glory support them are anyway. It maybe a childish term for Glaswegian, but it's harmless.

And as for the poor Catholics thing, well, it's history. Something to be proud of in a quiet way perhaps but nothing to crow on about anymore. And it's the present day we all care about, the here and now. In the here and now, Celtic Football Club is a money grabbing half of the duopoly which runs Scottish football. In public they have a rivallry with Rangers, but behind the scenes they're bedfellows.

We both play in green. We have a shared history. We share nothing else.

connerg
27-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Take a look at our history, not just the bits that you like. Then you should understand why you're getting this reaction!

You've obviously never met a real Celtic fan from the Glasgow area, they make an Edinburgh jakey look like a Prince!

Broken Gnome
27-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Regardless of that, the current Celtic is an odious and paranoid beast supported by a self-righteous bunch of fannies. They respect bugger all, and they rightly get very little from Hibs or another side in Scotland (not including Rangers for obvious reasons).

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Regardless of that, the current Celtic is an odious and paranoid beast supported by a self-righteous bunch of fannies. They respect bugger all, and they rightly get very little from Hibs or another side in Scotland (not including Rangers for obvious reasons).
:agree:

Probably detest them more than Rangers at the moment.

connerg
27-10-2011, 07:14 PM
:agree:

Probably detest them more than Rangers at the moment..

Two cheeks of the same erse. Arrogant, obnoxious and obsessed with religion. Not one of them goes to church or chapel.

HNA6
27-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Honestly, some people need to grow up and learn about our history.Fail...next time you wanna educate, at least read the script first ..

Gala Foxes
27-10-2011, 07:18 PM
As a Hibs supporter of 38 years standing happy to say I could'nt care less about Celtic or any other football club from the West Of Scotland

green leaves
27-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Which includes intergating the Edinburgh irish community into Scottish society,funny that is rare that a "traditional" Hibs fan ever mentions it.Mustnt fit in with their version of history.We are called Hibernian,we play in Emarald green and have the Harp on our crest,our Irish past is well represented in this way.

Just because those unwashed weegie tramps claim the same heritage,we should respect them?

Bollocks.

Cs gas throwin,terrorist loving Vhermin.

connerg
27-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Which includes intergating the Edinburgh irish community into Scottish society,funny that is rare that a "traditional" Hibs fan ever mentions it.Mustnt fit in with their version of history.We are called Hibernian,we play in Emarald green and have the Harp on our crest,our Irish past is well represented in this way.

Just because those unwashed weegie tramps claim the same heritage,we should respect them?

Bollocks.

:top marksBeen saying that for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneone73
27-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Thieving tramps stole our heritage and and tried to put us out of business, not to mention voting against us getting back in the league.

Spot on

drifter533814
27-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Bollocks.

You forgot paranoid and mopey.

Albion Hibs
27-10-2011, 08:20 PM

No. I would like to think we having nothing in common with that lot.

I would however agree you would think fans could show each other a little respect, it is however always going to happen, regardless of club or country.

essexhibee
27-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Have a bit in common do we ****!! Celtic fans are ****.

clerriehibs
27-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Fail...next time you wanna educate, at least read the script first ..

:top marks
:faf:

hibernian36
27-10-2011, 09:17 PM
we've got nothing in common with them. never had any time for them and especially after the game at easter road when they threw the cs gas at us - ****bags.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2011, 09:32 PM
As a " first born", i just laugh when members of the odious weej say that I don't know my history. Well I suppose, to be mid forties and done better than the generation before me did, maybe I don't.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-10-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hooligans_arranged_brawl_spills_into_sick_kids_1_1 936079

Rougier45
28-10-2011, 07:10 PM
One mans terrorist
Another mans freedom fighter
I like many other hibees brought up during the troubles support the means that brought an end to the anti catholic
Discfimination which existed in Edinburgh as well as NI.

Jonnyboy
28-10-2011, 07:53 PM

No we weren't.

Hibs On Tour
29-10-2011, 05:38 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hooligans_arranged_brawl_spills_into_sick_kids_1_1 936079

Some 'fight' that eh? The smellies start smashing up their own bus in Brougham Place, miraculously transport themselves to Middle Meadow Walk then appear at the Sick Kids. Fair bit distance involved between those sites... :confused:

Anyway, **** em. They're **** all to do with us and never have been. You can hardly count stealing our players and strip as being somehow joined at the hip with them. Thieving tramps at the start, no signs of changing now.

Keith_M
29-10-2011, 12:11 PM
:hijack:

Anyway, back to the point of the thread.......

They smashed the coach windows from the inside? Is this for real or another instance of a journo hearing half a story and writing b*ll*x in the paper?

Anyway, they say it was pre-organised but I thought the CSC packed in decades ago :confused: