PDA

View Full Version : Who was picking up Stokes?

hibeemikey21
27-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I haven't had a chance to see the highlights yet, but am I right in thinking he was completely unmarked from start to finish on the corner he scored from? From what I remember, he didn't lose a marker or anything, just ran in from space and headed it in unchallenged. I couldn't believe it at the time that no real effort was made to stop our highest goalscorer in recent years, from a set piece!

Billy Whizz
27-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Vic

Hibbyradge
27-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Palsson

Elephant Stone
27-10-2011, 06:39 PM
He was completely free for a couple of corners in the first half aswell, you'd think they'd learn.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I haven't had a chance to see the highlights yet, but am I right in thinking he was completely unmarked from start to finish on the corner he scored from? From what I remember, he didn't lose a marker or anything, just ran in from space and headed it in unchallenged. I couldn't believe it at the time that no real effort was made to stop our highest goalscorer in recent years, from a set piece!

Nobody was picking him up that's how he scored. No post mortems we were dire 2nd half. Heeds were down by the time he scored anyway

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobody was picking him up that's how he scored. No post mortems we were dire 2nd half. Heeds were down by the time he scored anyway

Spot on, by that time we had folded like a deck of cards

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2011, 10:03 PM
From where I was sitting it looked like O'Hanlon was picking him up :greengrin

lucky
27-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Hanlon from my view but as others have said who cares!

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 11:38 PM
He was completely free for a couple of corners in the first half aswell, you'd think they'd learn.

But they don't. And that's why every team who plays us has the attacking tactical plan of 'Put the ball into the box and see what happens."

Pete
28-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Taxis pick up Stokes in George Street regularly.

However, he's sharp as a tack, finds acres of space in opponents boxes and can finish.

If the fitness and sharpness are there he can do what he likes at the weekend.

I don't think any of our players can justify doing anything like that when you analyse them physically.

If you mentioned FARTLEK to O'Connor he would probably think you were about to produce a whoopee cushion.

Beefster
28-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Best thing we ever did was get rid of Stokes. He was drinking, gambling and other wicked, evil stuff that was upsetting the delicate petals that was/were the Hibs squad. I'm sure that the ones that are left are much happier now (apart from missing the win bonuses that Stokes used to earn for them).

Stevie Reid
28-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Best thing we ever did was get rid of Stokes. He was drinking, gambling and other wicked, evil stuff that was upsetting the delicate petals that was/were the Hibs squad. I'm sure that the ones that are left are much happier now (apart from missing the win bonuses that Stokes used to earn for them).

Of all the players that we have lost over the years that I've been a Hibs supporter, the Stokes has been the only one that I've really struggled to accept. Didn't have him for long enough and didn't get anywhere near his true market value (though I appreciate that that was probably a factor in him signing for us in the first place).

Crazy to think what Hearts got for Wallace, a defender with a year left on his contract, compared to us with Stokes, a forward with two years left.

Andy74
28-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Of all the players that we have lost over the years that I've been a Hibs supporter, the Stokes has been the only one that I've really struggled to accept. Didn't have him for long enough and didn't get anywhere near his true market value (though I appreciate that that was probably a factor in him signing for us in the first place).

Crazy to think what Hearts got for Wallace, a defender with a year left on his contract, compared to us with Stokes, a forward with two years left.

Aye, but some kids didn't like him. :rolleyes: