PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Calderwood to remain manager?

hibeenicol
27-10-2011, 12:45 PM
In september there was a poll for this same question and 25% wanted him to remain manager, I want to see if this has changed.

1. Yes

2. No

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2011, 12:50 PM
What are the alternatives?

Mark McGhee?

Jimmy Calderwood?

:greengrin

AndyM_1875
27-10-2011, 12:53 PM

Mark McGhee?

Jimmy Calderwood?

Sven!
:wink:

Get him a pass to Scorpio Leisure and we'll get him.

MotherSuperior
27-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I would give him until the end of November. We have back to back home games against Dunfermline and Killie, and then away to St Johnstone. If Calderwood doesn't pick up some wins in these games, then we have to get a new manager in. We have been unfortunate with difficult fixtures against either half of the old firm after our last wins, which has stopped us getting any momentum. I would say that November is Calderwoods last chance saloon.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I would give him until the end of November. We have back to back home games against Dunfermline and Killie, and then away to St Johnstone. If Calderwood doesn't pick up some wins in these games, then we have to get a new manager in. We have been unfortunate with difficult fixtures against either half of the old firm after our last wins, which has stopped us getting any momentum. I would say that November is Calderwoods last chance saloon.

I have to say thats the best one yet. :faf: And what was the excuse when we picked up 1 point from 15 at the end of last season? Giving the players experience, sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Then when we had a slow start this one, :faf: It was players coming in late in the transfer window, and not being quite fit enough, but the latest one is a belter. :top marks

MotherSuperior
27-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I have to say thats the best one yet. :faf: And what was the excuse when we picked up 1 point from 15 at the end of last season? Giving the players experience, sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Then when we had a slow start this one, :faf: It was players coming in late in the transfer window, and not being quite fit enough, but the latest one is a belter. :top marks

What are you on about? I'm hardly defending Calderwood, in fact i'm saying i would sack him if he dosen't get wins against Dunfermline and Killie; and of course its hard to keep a winning run going when you play the old firm. Like I said November is his last opportunity for me.

hibeenicol
27-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Mark McGhee?

Jimmy Calderwood?

I actually think the two of them would be doing a better job than Calderwood is. My first choice of manager would be Billy Davies don't know if he would come tho or if Petrie would pay his wage demands.

HibsMax
27-10-2011, 07:53 PM

I don't think that what Diz said was that bad to be honest. After all the crap we finally built up a little momentum and went 5 games unbeaten. Following that we had Rangers, Motherwell St Mirren, Celtic and Celtic.....hardly the easiest of runs.

So you can roll around on the ground laughing at other people's opinions but personally speaking I'm with Diz. Well, except I keep going on about Christmas rather than November but it's only a couple of weeks difference.

Truth be told, I really don't see how Hibs are going to dig themselves out of this hole in a few short weeks but I would be very happy if they did. Not because I have some inexplicable desire to keep CC here but because we need it, as a club!

drifter533814
27-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Even if we get rid of calderwood, that means another "transitional" period.
How many transitional periods do we have to put up with until petrie gets the right man in charge?
Petrie has always opted for the cheap option, rather than the experienced manager we have needed.

greenlex
27-10-2011, 08:33 PM
How many transitional periods do we have to put up with until petrie gets the right man in charge?
Petrie has always opted for the cheap option, rather than the experienced manager we have needed.

Calderwood was neither cheap nor inexperienced.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Certainly not me. Last night was the final straw for me, I was so depressed after that piss poor second half and watching those tossers doing the Poznan in our stadium was just sickening.

He was never the man for the job in the first place and has done nothing at all to change my mind about that.

The real question is can we afford to punt him and who can we afford to replace him when/if we do?

Jonnyboy
27-10-2011, 08:57 PM

You forgot 'they need to gel as a team' :wink:

HibsMax
27-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Who are all these experienced managers, of Hibs class, who are clamouring for the Hibs job?

Saorsa
27-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Petrie has always opted for the cheap option, rather than the experienced manager we have needed.He should have absolutely nothing tae do with whoever the next man is whenever that happens (and the sooner the better IMO)

Elephant Stone
27-10-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't think that what Diz said was that bad to be honest. After all the crap we finally built up a little momentum and went 5 games unbeaten. Following that we had Rangers, Motherwell St Mirren, Celtic and Celtic.....hardly the easiest of runs.

So you can roll around on the ground laughing at other people's opinions but personally speaking I'm with Diz. Well, except I keep going on about Christmas rather than November but it's only a couple of weeks difference.

Truth be told, I really don't see how Hibs are going to dig themselves out of this hole in a few short weeks but I would be very happy if they did. Not because I have some inexplicable desire to keep CC here but because we need it, as a club!

If we wait til Christmas/late November the best that's going to happen is scraping some unconvincing wins and then struggling again, it's just not going to work out. There's been nothing to suggest that CC is going to make us a consistently good team, waiting for it to happen is obviously now out of hope/desperation rather than expectation and that's not a place we should be in. A change is long overdue.

nortonhibby
27-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Certainly not me. Last night was the final straw for me, I was so depressed after that piss poor second half and watching those tossers doing the Poznan in our stadium was just sickening.

He was never the man for the job in the first place and has done nothing at all to change my mind about that.

The real question is can we afford to punt him and who can we afford to replace him when/if we do?

The problem is we cant afford to punt him and its such a mess that any new manager brought in would have to be on very low wages with no budget to bring in players.:confused:

francobaresi
29-10-2011, 01:01 PM
We have settled for mediocrity for so long it doesn't really matter who is in charge but I for one am backing CC. We're not Manchester United or any other team that wins big regularly... We must be getting very arrogant in our mediocrity to expect more... We are Hibs and we win nowt, why should we expect more, it's what I'm used to and what I expect... Let's stop reminiscing about the glory days of 19canteen when not many of us on here can even remember those glory days... It's today and tomorrow that matter for Hibernian FC, let's start thinking that way and not living in them bygone days... Start by supporting your manager...

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 01:05 PM
We have settled for mediocrity for so long it doesn't really matter who is in charge but I for one am backing CC. We're not Manchester United or any other team that wins big regularly... We must be getting very arrogant in our mediocrity to expect more... We are Hibs and we win nowt, why should we expect more, it's what I'm used to and what I expect... Let's stop reminiscing about the glory days of 19canteen when not many of us on here can even remember those glory days... It's today and tomorrow that matter for Hibernian FC, let's start thinking that way and not living in them bygone days... Start by supporting your manager...

Well now you put it like that, how can anyone refuse. :cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

:faf:

Jim44
29-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Mark McGhee?

Jimmy Calderwood?

With all due respect, PH, the alternatives don't come into the issue. Calderwood has had more than long enough to show what he can do and he is pathetic. I would rather fail with somebody else, having tried to rectify the situation, rather than stick with someone we knew all along would take us down.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Another poll. Is this a weekly thing?

A big fat NO.

:taxi

Golden Bear
29-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm no longer a CC fan partly because of the poor results but mainly because of the type of "football" that has been introduced.

However, having said that a Manager (any Manager) can only do so much and cannot be held accountable for so called professsionals who continually make the most basic of errors and seem incapable of learning from their mistakes.

--------
29-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Well now you put it like that, how can anyone refuse.

:faf:

I thought at first fb was being satirical - maybe he was?

But what on earth is the point of following a football team, expecting disappointment and mediocrity, and looking for nothing better?

We we playing more than decent football under McLeish and Mowbray, and four and a half years ago we won the League Cup under Collins. Since then we've been drifting - no direction, no obvious signs of ambition from the 'leadership' (if you can call it that) of the club and right now no obvious sign that anyone at the top of the club is either willing or able to stop the rot.

The problem is much bigger that whether Calderwood's the right manager for Hibs. And in spite of the fact that "today's the day, so stop bitching and support you manager" sounds and feels nice and simple, the fact is that many of us are becoming increasingly concerned at the way the club has been run over the past 5-6 years - years when we finally completed the stadium rebuild and should have begun to kick on with the rational and planned development of the team.

I remain in need of convincing that the owner and his sidekick Tash really want the best for the team on the field. I get the feeling that neither is really committed to what owning and running a football club is all about - the team on the field and the fans in the stands. I'm not convinced that the board really have a lot of say in what happens - I think it's much more likely that Farmer agrees with Petrie and Petrie says, "Jump!"

And the the only discussion at board level is about how high they have to jump.

DarrenSQH
29-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Its nice to see we have 25 of colins family and friends using .net

Cant explain the voting any other way. :bye:

Green forever
29-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Who wants Calderwood to remain manager?

The other 11 teams in the league.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2011, 01:31 PM

They're all Jambos in disguise.

Franck Stanton
29-10-2011, 01:49 PM
He is only here in body, he is just waiting for his big pay-off. Nobody would manage a team so poorly otherwise, CC do the honourable thing and leave NOW

francobaresi
29-10-2011, 02:26 PM
153 mutineers, keel hall them all...:cgwa

lucky
29-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Im happy for Calderwood to be the manager but its Jimmy rather than Colin. The style of football is awful but the results are worse. Is making he progress NO.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I voted No. Can I change my vote please. :greengrin

francobaresi
29-10-2011, 03:58 PM
So, another reason today to oust CC... A totally unacceptable result away to Celtc again showing no improvement... When will he ever get it right:wink:

Beefster
29-10-2011, 04:14 PM
So, another reason today to oust CC... A totally unacceptable result away to Celtc again showing no improvement... When will he ever get it right:wink:

Just like you shouldn't want a manager sacked on the basis of one result, I wouldn't go thinking that a corner has been turned on the basis of one result. Especially not against the OF.

HibsMax
29-10-2011, 04:26 PM

They're all Jambos in disguise.

Not a jambo or member of CCs family. Just sticking to my guns. Said until Christmas so keeping with that.

HibsMax
29-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Just like you shouldn't want a manager sacked on the basis of one result, I wouldn't go thinking that a corner has been turned on the basis of one result. Especially not against the OF.

Agreed but by the same token, we may have turned the corner. We just won't know until a few more results go our way to be sure.