PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths Swapping Shirts

DaveF
27-10-2011, 11:04 AM
OK, I'm not looking to hang Leigh Griffiths here, merely wondering if he showed some overtly friendly Celtc tendencies in his eagerness to grab Gary Hoopers jersey after the game?

Perhaps, it was Hooper wanting Griffiths jersey - I only caught a quick glimpse of it :greengrin

Maybe he missed that glorious chance on purpose :devil:

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 11:05 AM
OK, I'm not looking to hang Leigh Griffiths here, merely wondering if he showed some overtly friendly Celtc tendencies in his eagerness to grab Gary Hoopers jersey after the game?

Perhaps, it was Hooper wanting Griffiths jersey - I only caught a quick glimpse of it :greengrin

:greengrin
He's a massive Hibee - maybe he'd promised it for a close friend?
Personally I was more disturbed by Dave Stephens - tallest outfield player on the park - swapping shirts with the shortest man on the park. :greengrin

hibs0666
27-10-2011, 11:05 AM

It's the closest he'll get to wearing a Celtic strip in a real game I suppose.

I thought he was supposed to be a natural finisher but looks anything but.

lapsedhibee
27-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I dunno why players are allowed to give shirts away at all. Why can't they wear the same shirt for the whole season? Hasn't he seen the last set of accounts? :confused:

SuperEddieT
27-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Certain it will be for a mate. It'll be on eBay already!

Sudds_1
27-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Probably just adding to his SPL strip collection before he toddles off back to Wolves to play with a good team. :rolleyes:

Edinburgh Green
27-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I dunno why players are allowed to give shirts away at all. Why can't they wear the same shirt for the whole season? Hasn't he seen the last set of accounts? :confused:

Pretty sure that players pay for a replacement if they swap shirts.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm swapping my season ticket for a new set of golf clubs next season.

Sudds_1
27-10-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm swapping my season ticket for a new set of golf clubs next season.

...........how you going to pay for the other 12 clubs? :wink:

.Sean.
27-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure that players pay for a replacement if they swap shirts. Players usse more than one shirt in a season. Those who sponsor players are ripped off as the top you've payed for will only have been used a handful of times. I was given a matchworn shirt from a first-team player, and those who sponsor him also got one. Positive he will have gave one to his parents, too.

silverhibee
27-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Suppose its a perk of the job, and no big deal to the celtc players as they get a new strip every week.

Gmack7
27-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Probably just adding to his SPL strip collection before he toddles off back to Wolves to play with a good team. :rolleyes:
after his attempts at finishing last night it will be a while before he toddles of to play for a good team

heretoday
27-10-2011, 07:03 PM
He's a bit raw but he's Hibs brightest star right now. Can't think of anyone else to be honest.

leeds_hibby
27-10-2011, 07:17 PM
They get two shirts per game, just incase one gets ripped or muddy.

since90plustwo
27-10-2011, 08:55 PM
can't believe theres a thread about swapping shirts! chances are like someone earlier posted he most likely wouldve given it to a mate. big deal!

HNA6
27-10-2011, 08:59 PM
can't believe theres a thread about swapping shirts! chances are like someone earlier posted he most likely wouldve given it to a mate. big deal!Thread to me is a bit tongue & cheek ..chill man..

jdships
27-10-2011, 09:00 PM
can't believe theres a thread about swapping shirts! chances are like someone earlier posted he most likely wouldve given it to a mate. big deal!

:top marks

R'Albin
27-10-2011, 09:01 PM
They get two shirts per game, just incase one gets ripped or muddy.

I went on a tour of Old Trafford couple o' years ago and they get 4 per game!

Tricla
28-10-2011, 07:39 AM
It's the closest he'll get to wearing a Celtic strip in a real game I suppose.

I thought he was supposed to be a natural finisher but looks anything but.

So his second goal in Paisley was an unnatural finish? :dunno:

Malthibby
28-10-2011, 07:43 AM
2nd goal at Paisley looked great, the previous poster was just noting that he was pretty poor against Celtic.
GG

hibs0666
28-10-2011, 08:43 AM
So his second goal in Paisley was an unnatural finish? :dunno:

Goalie was a mug. :wink:

However, if Griffiths was finishing like that regularly, then I would of course think he was a decent finisher. He should have scored more goals for us than he has.

derekHFC
28-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I believe that Alex Ferguson goes nuts when Man Utd players do it as he says that the shirts belong to Manchester United and not the players and that they don't have the right to give them away as they should cherish wearing it.

Was it not suggested a few years back that players were actually made to pay for the shirts they swapped from their wages? Probably right knowing RP mind you :rolleyes: