PDA

View Full Version : Why is every one looking to commit suicide?

scotiaf
27-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Yes we got beat by celtic

We have not been them since Danny Galbraiths best 20 minutes in a hibs shirt!!

we have not won in the last 10 games against them

Did every 1 expect to win?

When Leigh missed his chance to make it 2 nil... i pretty much thought that was our chance gone and sadly i was proved right.

Just a pity we have to go to Parkhead at the weekend.

As a team we need to learn to defend better, then we have the players to score goals.

ps

As an off shoot i doubt many other teams score 1st and lose as much as we do.

Barney McGrew
27-10-2011, 09:53 AM

It's not so much the defeat, but the manner of the defeat that's the issue. As soon as Celtc equalised we didn't kick a ball for the rest of the game.

I fear for us on Saturday, if we defend as we have been and Celtc manage to play for anywhere near 90 minutes we could be on the end of a real doing.

blackpoolhibs

When Leigh missed his chance to make it 2 nil... i pretty much thought that was our chance gone and sadly i was proved right.

As a team we need to learn to defend better, then we have the players to score goals.

ps

Do you have any idea just how long virtually every Hibs fan bar 1 has been saying this?

Makaveli

ps

It was the manner of the capitulation; total surrender.

And sadly not many other teams lose as much as we do, full stop.

ScottB
27-10-2011, 09:55 AM

ps

I didn't expect to win, however...

What we saw was all too common. We had the chances to win the game in the first half, didn't take them, came out after the break, made a mistake, gave away a goal, then promptly collapsed.

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat. It's the same issues that have afflicted us all too often and CC shows no signs of getting a handle on it. As he himself set us a target of fighting for a cup this season, he's just seen our best chance go bye bye.

A similar showing on Saturday and he's out the door. Got to be.

steakbake
27-10-2011, 10:02 AM
It is not the defeat, it is the manner of the defeat.

We were excellent in the first half but why, for the love of god, are Hibs a one-half team? If we're good in one half, you can bet your pie that we'll be terrible in the other. As much as some people point to the first half display as evidence of CC making a difference, is it not equally as valid to point out that the second half display is evidence that such a difference he is making is purely an illusion.

Some of the players looked on their arse by 60-70 minutes. Professional athletes? Training ground? Best training facilities in the East of Scotland? What are they being used for?

Defence - went to pieces.

Pallsson - I just ended up feeling sorry for him by the time he came off. He wasn't being substituted more being put out of his misery.

So, just getting fed up with the inconsistency. Also getting fed up of being told to "play my part", fork out cash, keep clapping and cheering when there is nothing coming back. We are not progressing, we have turned no corners.

Phil MaGlass
27-10-2011, 10:36 AM
How the hell can we NOT manage to get a defence sorted out after MORE THAN 2 ****** YEARS, Calderwood should hold his head in shame. Just not good enuff. Why did our players not touch a ball in the second half, why this why that. thought we were alright in the first half, bummer we have sellik again on saturday.

PatHead
27-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Do you have any idea just how long virtually every Hibs fan bar 1 has been saying this?

Who is the 1?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Who is the 1?

Have a wee guess, my avatar should help.

Baader
27-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Seems like every upcoming match is a potential hiding for us. CC knew the main job was to sort out a leaky defence. He has failed spectacularly.

paxtonhibby
27-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Not defending them but the smells came out 2nd half with a rocket up their erses. We were shown to be a mediocre bottom half spl outfit.

Leithenhibby
27-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Seems like every upcoming match is a potential hiding for us. CC knew the main job was to sort out a leaky defence. He has failed spectacularly.

My old man always said, "you can only p!ss with the c*ck you've got" ...

Last night we had a slight chance to step up to the plate, and failed to take our chances. Having said that , if, the manks had taken thier chances in the first half we would/could have had a HT score of 3-3 .. :wink:

heretoday
27-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I never expected to win the game despite all the hype. When we went in 1-0 up I was pleasantly surprised as Celtic had a number of chances to equalise in the first half.

Celtic always do well at ER and they played very well in the second half as Lennon said.

I bet Hibs put up a good show at Parkhead but at the moment the priority is scoring points off the lesser lights and staving off relegation.

MB62
27-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Not defending them but the smells came out 2nd half with a rocket up their erses. We were shown to be a mediocre bottom half spl outfit.

And did anyone think anything else might have happened? it was totally expected this would be the case. C.C. should have had our lads geared up for it, telling them not to let them dictate and get right in their faces from the first whistle of the 2nd half. We could have turned this in to a battle and it would have suited us more, given we were 1-0 up. Instead, they come flying out the traps and we were the rabbits caught in the headlights. Happens too often IMO and the players as much as the mansger need questioned.
Have they got the bottle for the SPhelL?
I doubt it very much.

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I wasn't really expecting a Hibs win, and I'm shocked at the way Septic performed in the second half. I'm not so sure it's that we gave up, more that something triggered them to take a pyscho and win.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this weekend..:rolleyes:

Diclonius
27-10-2011, 02:20 PM
It is unacceptable to be 4-1 down from 1-0 up twenty three minutes earlier. The opposition is irrelevant.

silverhibee
27-10-2011, 02:47 PM
It's not so much the defeat, but the manner of the defeat that's the issue. As soon as Celtc equalised we didn't kick a ball for the rest of the game.

I fear for us on Saturday, if we defend as we have been and Celtc manage to play for anywhere near 90 minutes we could be on the end of a real doing.

Lennon has said a few times that his team are due to give some team a right good gubbing at darkheid, could be Hibs this weekend.

fatbloke
27-10-2011, 03:45 PM

ps

Surely you mean only!!:greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-10-2011, 05:35 PM

ps

Commit suicide? A bit OTT I think.

scotiaf
27-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Commit suicide? A bit OTT I think.

I seen 330 hibs fans under the tram tracks :)

scotiaf
27-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Surely you mean only!!:greengrin

Probably

bighairyfaeleith
27-10-2011, 09:04 PM
I reckon we will **** celtic at parkhead on saturday, I reckon Lennon will get sacked shortly afterwards:flag:

scotiaf
27-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes i was disappointed to lose 4 goals so fast.. and certainly the marking for Stokes goal was well.. non existent.

Yes we have defended poorly since 1875.

We can only hope and cross our fingers and toes that we win at porkheid or certainly at best not a heavy defeat.

We may as well give CC to xmas time unless something tragic happens in the next few weeks

iwasthere1972
27-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I seen 330 hibs fans under the tram tracks :)

That's incorrect.

I saw 330 hibs fans under the tram tracks. :wink: