PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Mouthing off at the fans behind the dugout last night, the man learns nothing.

NO CLASS!

H18sry
27-10-2011, 07:44 AM

NO CLASS!

He is an :asshole:

Barney McGrew
27-10-2011, 07:51 AM

NO CLASS!

And it's apparently because he gets picked on that everyone hates him :crazy:

He's just a horrible little man.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Is he molding himself as the John McEnroe of footie?

PolmontHibby
27-10-2011, 08:00 AM

NO CLASS!

With the dugouts switched round this season I saw the full Lennon repoirtoire up close for the the first time

1) Aggressively got right in Sproules face when he got his first booking
2) At first goal two arms raised to the three Hibs stands before he even bothered acknowledging his own fans/players
3) At the second goal staring out Hibs fans while strutting around his technical area

Plenty wrong with Scottish football just now, and his behaviour is on the list.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2011, 08:14 AM
With the dugouts switched round this season I saw the full Lennon repoirtoire up close for the the first time

1) Aggressively got right in Sproules face when he got his first booking
2) At first goal two arms raised to the three Hibs stands before he even bothered acknowledging his own fans/players
3) At the second goal staring out Hibs fans while strutting around his technical area

Plenty wrong with Scottish football just now, and his behaviour is on the list.

No excuses but Sproule needs to stop making himself a target. He was up for the game and on fire in the first half but faded and blew up wonder if the Lennon incident played a part hence my McEnroe comment - Lennon knocking folks off their stride despicable I think that's about right

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2011, 08:32 AM
i am kinda thinking that if Griffiths and Sproule made better choices in the penalty box last night, then whatever Lennon did or didn't do would not matter at all.

Hibs_SW
27-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Lennon is nothing but an absolute Ar*e winding home fans up and getting aggressive with players at the side! i used to feel bad for him but i take that back i couldnt care anymore absolute idiot that he is he deserves everything he gets. The scottish officals bring it all on themselves to the linesman and ref last night were diabolical! Obviously dont know the meaning of offiside!!!!!! rant over!

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Certainly we should've had the game sealed by half time, 3 goals to the good. Then we wouldn't be commenting on this thread.

FWIW, though, when he turned round and clapped the Hibs support after Celtic scored, I realised just how much I hate the bitter little turd, and just how devoid of class and grace he is.

Whilst I don't condone any of what happened to him, he is in no way innocent and must surely realise that he attracts it by behaving like a ******ing erse.

SuperEddieT
27-10-2011, 08:47 AM
i am kinda thinking that if Griffiths and Sproule made better choices in the penalty box last night, then whatever Lennon did or didn't do would not matter at all.

Totally agree but how was Lennon not "yellow carded" for his in the face moment with Sproule? When has it been acceptable for a manager to do that?

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Totally agree but how was Lennon not "yellow carded" for his in the face moment with Sproule? When has it been acceptable for a manager to do that?

Since 1872 and 1888 respectively.

.Sean.
27-10-2011, 10:37 AM
deary me Rubbish. He's an antagoinising, argumentative twat. It's clear from his antics on the sidelines he brings it on himself and for that he gets no sympathy from myself. He's a sneering little fanny who could start a fight with his shadow.

BurghHibby
27-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Rubbish. He's an antagoinising, argumentative twat. It's clear from his antics on the sidelines he brings it on himself and for that he gets no sympathy from myself. He's a sneering little fanny who could start a fight with his shadow.

:agree:

Kayal is fast becoming the new Lennon on the park as well, faking being hurt by Ivan.
Lennon makes it all worse by clapping him off and giving him a cuddle when he was subbed as well.
The game will never be rid of cheats when managers are condoning it and in Lennon's case even contributing to it.
He deserves everything that's coming to him - nothing nice I hope!

.Whitey.
27-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Rubbish. He's an antagoinising, argumentative twat. It's clear from his antics on the sidelines he brings it on himself and for that he gets no sympathy from myself. He's a sneering little fanny who could start a fight with his shadow.

I take it you are not a fan of Lennon then :greengrin

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Fair enough Sean, but come off the fence and tell us how you really feel about Lennon. :greengrin

just_joe
27-10-2011, 12:38 PM
lennon is certainly a little arrogant twat but it's harsh saying that he deserves everything he gets. The stuff he has went through is not because the way how he acts on the sidelines but for totally different reasons altogether which IMO is bang out of order. What he and his family have went through the past year is nothing short of shocking and for anyone to say he deserves everything he gets is just an idiot.

joebakerforever
27-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I sit behind the away dugout and Lennon was getting it tight from some from the start.

TBH I've seen worse provocation from visiting benches and am more concerned with witnessing another dismal display from our blundering defence.

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 02:01 PM
The man certainly doesn't help his cause any.

He needs to learn to shut his mouth, because if he doesn't, the media will get a hold of his bulls*** and we will end up in a situation where the west coast is "as divided" as it was last year, after the shame game bust up.

What annoys me is the fact that Septic fans think he does no wrong, the guy winds up fans when there is no need - as he did at ER on day 1.

Bomb threats are a different story, obviously I condem them, but Lennon needs to grow up.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 03:32 PM
lennon is certainly a little arrogant twat but it's harsh saying that he deserves everything he gets. The stuff he has went through is not because the way how he acts on the sidelines but for totally different reasons altogether which IMO is bang out of order. What he and his family have went through the past year is nothing short of shocking and for anyone to say he deserves everything he gets is just an idiot.

Exactly. I'm sure I can be a bit of a fud at times, no' sure it equates to getting bombs posted in the mail to me or websites saying I should be banned!

skyehibee
27-10-2011, 03:34 PM
What sort of manager squares up to an opposing player during a match? You'd never see Alex Ferguson, Kenny Dalglish etc doing that. Awful manager and will soon be the victim of a sacking im sure in months to come. :agree:

paxtonhibby
27-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Did anyone else see Lemon applauding Garry O when he got subbed? Hmmmmmm:hmmm:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Rubbish. He's an antagoinising, argumentative twat. It's clear from his antics on the sidelines he brings it on himself and for that he gets no sympathy from myself. He's a sneering little fanny who could start a fight with his shadow. Probably all true, but as my old man would have said when I was wee..... just ignore him and people like him. What he wants is attention.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Did anyone else see Lemon applauding Garry O when he got subbed? Hmmmmmm:hmmm:

What conspiracy?! They share an agent and GOC trained with Celtic for a time. Cha Du Ri certainly looked chuffed to see him at half time.

PISTOL1875
27-10-2011, 04:19 PM
In all fairness , I think we have far more important things to worry about regarding our own team instead of worrying about what Neil Lennon does... Some of our fans give stick to him so what's wrong with him giving a bit back ???

aberhibsfc
27-10-2011, 04:26 PM
And it's apparently because he gets picked on that everyone hates him :crazy:

He's just a horrible little man.

That's why so many can't stand him, except the Celtc minded's. It's coloured up as bigotry and whilst I am sure there will be a section which do, in the main people can't take to his behaviour towards the opposition be it player or manager.

The man has no class, he's just an angry wee guy. Who else actually goes on like that?

PatHead
24-04-2018, 11:23 AM
I was looking for something else and found this. Not criticising anyone as I probably felt the same myself!

What a difference when he is on our side.

Sammy7nil
24-04-2018, 11:27 AM
I was looking for something else and found this. Not criticising anyone as I probably felt the same myself!

Yip he is now our @rsehole :greengrin:wink:

Hillsidehibby
24-04-2018, 11:28 AM

I think we all did.

Different matter now. Love the guy.

AgentDaleCooper
24-04-2018, 11:35 AM
used to hate him. now i'd just about throw myself in front of a bus for him. absolutely brilliant manager, complete winner and total legend. also get the impression that in spite of his winner's mentality, he is an extremely sound guy. in short, there is only one neil lennon :nlgwa :hibees

Diclonius
24-04-2018, 11:36 AM
He's the kind of player/manager you hate when he's against you but love when he's on your team.

dp00
24-04-2018, 11:45 AM
He's the kind of player/manager you hate when he's against you but love when he's on your team.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
24-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Love him while we can. Disaster is always lurking round the corner.
It's swings etc

silverhibee
24-04-2018, 11:58 AM
I'm with Sean. :greengrin

snooky
24-04-2018, 12:16 PM
To be fair, I think Neil has mellowed quite a bit since those days. As Silverhibbee says, Sean was probably right :greengrin ... back then.
Okay, he's on our side now and that tints our glasses somewhat, however he is a different NL from the days of old.

BlackSheep
24-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I'll be honest, I have always liked Lennon as a player and a manager... When we were rumoured to be getting him it was the best news i'd heard in a long time!!

I'm glad he has proven himself to a lot of the naysayers as well.

jacomo
24-04-2018, 12:22 PM
Well...

Pagan Hibernia
24-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Love him while we can. Disaster is always lurking round the corner.
It's swings etc

Youre definitely a glass half empty type guy aren’t you :greengrin

tbh who can blame you. Hibs will do that to a person over the decades!

Spike Mandela
24-04-2018, 01:30 PM

As the OP who has been thrown under a bus here can I just say I now call him ‘Lenny’😎😂

Slavers
24-04-2018, 01:33 PM
I Love the man! Always liked him but now I love the man! Feel like going down to east mains for a big man hug and beg him to stay forever!

BegbieHSC
24-04-2018, 01:50 PM
You utter ducks 😂😂😂😂😉😉

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2018, 01:56 PM
This is a hilarious read.

heretoday
24-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Youre definitely a glass half empty type guy aren’t you :greengrin

tbh who can blame you. Hibs will do that to a person over the decades!

After 55 years on the ER terrace, who wouldn't be?!

cabbageandribs1875
24-04-2018, 05:24 PM
oops, for some on this thread, so much hatred :agree:

leither17
24-04-2018, 05:29 PM
The amount of things that come up on my fb memories that I delete now is unreal

cabbageandribs1875
24-04-2018, 05:31 PM
The amount of things that come up on my fb memories that I delete now is unreal

was alcohol involved :greengrin

Famous Fiver
24-04-2018, 05:35 PM
There are going to be a lot of clubs after him in the summer.

He will have big decisions to make, in my opinion.

I'm enjoying the moment and not getting too wound up by what might happen.

matty_f
24-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Tell you what, whatever I thought of Lennon as a player or manager at Celtc, I ****ing love the man now.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Although I didn't post on this thread at the time, my thoughts on him at the time would have been similar to Sean's.

As others have said, Neil Lennon is the type of person who is loved by anyone who supports the team he represents and hated by everyone else.

Although he'll obviously be adored by the Celtic support no matter who he represents.

I was underwhelmed when I heard he had the Hibs job but I absolutely love the guy now. I think he's brilliant and one of the best things to ever happen to us.

The Modfather
24-04-2018, 06:16 PM
As the OP who has been thrown under a bus here can I just say I now call him ‘Lenny’😎😂

If it’s the Hearts bus they park in front of their goals each week you’ll be fine. It’s only made of fake Lego 😀

SteveHFC
24-04-2018, 06:25 PM
That was some statement Kris Commons just made about NL, couldn't praise him enough

.Sean.
24-04-2018, 07:30 PM

I'm with Sean. :greengrin
Well that was awkward :greengrin

hibbysam
24-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Well that was awkward :greengrin

I keep getting things like this on my memories on facebook from his time at Celtic lol. The delete button has become more and more frequent!

BegbieHSC
24-04-2018, 08:06 PM
In all seriousness tho, his contract is up in 2020.

The esteem I hold him in, that is far too short. Any chance of adding a few more years to that, Leeann? Preferably till 2050?