PDA

View Full Version : 1st Half - 2nd Half

Sammy7nil
26-10-2011, 10:46 PM
1st Half everything that is good we created chances and were well on top.
We looked good despite Garry O and Griiffiths being annon
Stephens was OUTSTANDING

2nd half shambles - nothing

MASSIVE FAILURE

who takes the blame ?

Bye Bye Coco :taxi:taxi

Andy74
26-10-2011, 10:48 PM
They also has chances first half that should have been put away. We were better first half but you could see goals coming which is why we had to work on giving nothing away.

basehibby
27-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Stephens was OUTSTANDING

MASSIVE FAILURE

who takes the blame ?

1st Half I thought Calderwood won the tactical battle and as a result we had a good cup tie on our hands.

2nd half I'm pretty sure Celtic changed their approach somewhat - were they marking Agogo more closely??? - Calderwood stuck with what had worked in the 1st and before we knew it it was all square - individual error coupled with some familiar lacksadaisical defending. We didn't adapt quickly or well enough and once we went behind we were pretty much Donald Ducked - needing to chase the game and losing whatever shape we had retained from the 1st half.

Celtic are a good team and a defeat was not any great surprise, but if blame needs to be apportioned for the manner of the defeat then of course it lies at the manager's feet. He did well to start the game with a line up that troubled Celtic and gave us a platform to go on and win the game. Second half was a major failure though - Celtic were always going to come at us and in retrospect it was probably wrong to stick with such an attacking formation to start the second.

basehibby
27-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Stephens was OUTSTANDING

MASSIVE FAILURE

who takes the blame ?

1st Half I thought Calderwood won the tactical battle and as a result we had a good cup tie on our hands.

2nd half I'm pretty sure Celtic changed their approach somewhat - were they marking Agogo more closely??? - Calderwood stuck with what had worked in the 1st and before we knew it it was all square - individual error coupled with some familiar lacksadaisical defending. We didn't adapt quickly or well enough and once we went behind we were pretty much Donald Ducked - needing to chase the game and losing whatever shape we had retained from the 1st half.

Celtic are a good team and a defeat was not any great surprise, but if blame needs to be apportioned for the manner of the defeat then of course it lies at the manager's feet. He did well to start the game with a line up that troubled Celtic and gave us a platform to go on and win the game. Second half was a major failure though - Celtic were always going to come at us and in retrospect it was probably wrong to stick with such an attacking formation to start the second.