PDA

View Full Version : Yogi

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2011, 09:46 PM
After listening to him on Radio Scotland while driving to the game and coming home it confirmed to me what an absolute clown this big buffoon is. The whole program of course was geared to Celtic and Yogi played his part but he also disclosed what his master plan for Hibs was before being shown the door, and we are still suffering the legacy of that. Unfortunately we are now struggling under a manager who would appeared to have achieved the impossible and made us even worse..

Judas Iscariot
26-10-2011, 09:50 PM
If he's a clown/buffoon/idiot etc then wtf is CC?!

He's a whole lot WORSE than Yogi ever was..

steakbake
26-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Starting to get bored of hearing him pontificate on the radio.

Don't want to get into calling him a clown etc but the man is just full of it.

Nooooooo chance of the St J job. He's holding out for England but I would be amazed if he got anything there.

ac1
26-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Some boy on Kerrydale Street said Yogi said this on the radio -

"They are workmanlike. I was talking to Walter Smith the other day and he said that when Rangers got to the UEFA Cup final they were hard to beat and that's what I think about this Hibs team."

That has to be a wind up surely??

Hibs are anything but ' workmanlike and hard to beat'.

I worry about Yogi's sanity if he did say this.......

Judas Iscariot
26-10-2011, 10:13 PM

"They are workmanlike. I was talking to Walter Smith the other day and he said that when Rangers got to the UEFA Cup final they were hard to beat and that's what I think about this Hibs team."

He's ripping the pash out of this pathetic mob that clueless has assembled

steakbake
26-10-2011, 10:23 PM

I heard it. It was at around 9.30. Then he asked some really mad question like had Europe come to early for Celtic cos Lennon is trying to build a big strong team. And that next year would be the time for Celtic in Europe. There was a brief silence then the subject was swiftly changed.

Between him and Biscuits Preston, I'm starting to resent my licence fee.

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Yogi - always good for a chuckle.

Found a job yet?

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 10:35 PM
He also said that Wotherspoon was the best right back at the club, what about Mr Hart that you brought to the club Yogi who is also the highest earner at the club.

He was so far up celtcs backside tonight it was embarrassing, or was he just winding Petrie up with his comments tonight.

Hope you get your dream job down south soon Yogi, that way i wont have to listen to the crap you spout on the radio before and after each Hibs game, if there is any room in this :taxi you can take clueless Colin with you and drop him of in Birmingham and split the the fare with your's compensation that you's got from Hibs.

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 10:38 PM
empty vessels..... :agree:

Jonnyboy
26-10-2011, 10:39 PM
empty vessels..... :agree:

I'd rather empty CC :wink::greengrin

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd rather empty CC :wink::greengrin :aok: :thumbsup:

Andy74
26-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm sure we've more to worry about than having yet another go at a guy who did nothing but his best for us. As time goes by the results he actually did get seem all the more of an achievement. With each passing week it's no real surprise that he would feel that in comparison to the patience being shown to CC he was not given much leeway.

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm sure we've more to worry about than having yet another go at a guy who did nothing but his best for us. As time goes by the results he actually did get seem all the more of an achievement. With each passing week it's no real surprise that he would feel that in comparison to the patience being shown to CC he was not given much leeway.

We'll never know if Yogi would have got us relegated and I doubt CC will be around long enough to achieve it either but I'm pretty sure they'll be joining each other soon for a coffee and a good moan, probably in the BBC canteen.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 11:01 PM
We'll never know if Yogi would have got us relegated and I doubt CC will be around long enough to achieve it either but I'm pretty sure they'll be joining each other soon for a coffee and a good moan, probably in the BBC canteen.

Hopefully.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2011, 11:01 PM

No chance, why would anyone want to listen to that dullard Calderwood. Even the BBC are not that desperate.

SlickShoes
26-10-2011, 11:02 PM

As much as I agree with you, every time he is on the radio it's cringeworthy because they roll out the same questions about hibs, he plays the victim and has a dig. It's tiresome after you have heard it more than once.

Yogi had us heading towards the depths, calderwood has taken us in to the abyss. I don't understand why people think that we'd somehow be better off if we had kept yogi at the helm.

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 11:09 PM
As much as I agree with you, every time he is on the radio it's cringeworthy because they roll out the same questions about hibs, he plays the victim and has a dig. It's tiresome after you have heard it more than once.

Yogi had us heading towards the depths, calderwood has taken us in to the abyss. I don't understand why people think that we'd somehow be better off if we had kept yogi at the helm.Exactly! Just because Calderwood has turned out tae be another dud that's nae reason for thinking we should have held on tae Hughes longer, we were only going one way if Hughes had been left in the job. Calderwood's record is getting worse than that of Hughes becuase he has been left in place too long by Petrie who seems desperate tae avoid having tae sack another duff appointment.

As far as I'm concerned arguing about Hughes & Calderwood is like arguing about what shade of brown *****e is. Who cares it's just *****e

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/turd4.gif

Phil D. Rolls
27-10-2011, 10:21 AM
No chance, why would anyone want to listen to that dullard Calderwood. Even the BBC are not that desperate.

:agree: I;m sure I heard him say words to the effect of "a draw is the least we hope for tonight", in his pre match interview.

IWasThere2016
27-10-2011, 11:53 AM
He also said that Wotherspoon was the best right back at the club, what about Mr Hart that you brought to the club Yogi who is also the highest earner at the club.

:faf: Do you think Yogi can tie his own shoe laces?

He was so far up celtcs backside tonight it was embarrassing, or was he just winding Petrie up with his comments tonight.

Which sums him up. Does he no realise that RP will most likely be saying a lot worse privately than he has publicly about the "previous incumbent and his unworkable legacy". Can you imagine the reference RP would give for Yogi if here ever gets a call from some lunatic chairman considering employing Yogi? :greengrin

silverhibee
27-10-2011, 02:39 PM
:faf: Do you think Yogi can tie his own shoe laces?

Which sums him up. Does he no realise that RP will most likely be saying a lot worse privately than he has publicly about the "previous incumbent and his unworkable legacy". Can you imagine the reference RP would give for Yogi if here ever gets a call from some lunatic chairman considering employing Yogi? :greengrin

He will probaly pick up the sky remote control and try and talk to it. :greengrin

But on a more serious note, he is never going to get the call.

connerg
27-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Hope you get your dream job down south soon Yogi, that way i wont have to listen to the crap you spout on the radio before and after each Hibs game, if there is any room in this :taxi you can take clueless Colin with you and drop him of in Birmingham and split the the fare with your's compensation that you's got from Hibs.

Yogi is a Celtic fan with a soft spot for Hibs, always has been. He would be the first to admit it.

SquashedFrogg
27-10-2011, 08:22 PM
:agree: I;m sure I heard him say words to the effect of "a draw is the least we hope for tonight", in his pre match interview.

Wrong.. He actually said he fancied us "nicking a result tonight"

So please tell the truth, you never heard him say that :agree:

greenlex
27-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Wrong.. He actually said he fancied us "nicking a result tonight"

So please tell the truth, you never heard him say that :agree:

A draw was the least I hoped for too. The most I hoped for was a win. I never at any point hoped for a defeat.:greengrin

3pm
27-10-2011, 09:36 PM
'I'd love to play for Neil Lennon'.

Arse kissing eejits ken whit's goan oan.

IWasThere2016
27-10-2011, 09:51 PM

FFS, tell me you made that up!

3pm
27-10-2011, 09:56 PM
FFS, tell me you made that up!

No. Approximately 9.25.

nortonhibby
27-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd rather empty CC :wink::greengrin

I Agree and no one listens to what yogi says anymore best just to ignore him as for CC He has the might of a very stubborn RP Behind him so we will have to suffer this dim wit for a lot longer.

IWasThere2016
28-10-2011, 06:03 AM
No. Approximately 9.25.

What an erse he truly is. He was on before ko - I managed about 30 seconds off his guff and had to switch aff. He's a total balloon.

macca70
28-10-2011, 06:20 AM

He said, 'I'd luv to play for Neil Lennon, his speech is so articulate'

:faf:

Then went on to tell us that when he was manager he had 16 players out of contract.

His plan was to keep a couple and reduce the squad then bring a masseur so 'the players kin get massages n that!'

3pm
28-10-2011, 06:54 AM

Then went on to tell us that when he was manager he had 16 players out of contract.

His plan was to keep a couple and reduce the squad then bring a masseur so 'the players kin get massages n that!'

That's the very speech. 'Murdo, ma plan when I was at Hibs...' - Shut up erse and stop embarrassing yourself.

IWasThere2016
28-10-2011, 07:15 AM

:faf: Genius!

Andy74
28-10-2011, 10:00 AM
What an erse he truly is. He was on before ko - I managed about 30 seconds off his guff and had to switch aff. He's a total balloon.

Aye, so you've said every day for over a year.

Maybe take a bit of your own advice and get over it?

Laughing it up whilst 'the man' CC is doing an even worse job than Hughes ever did during his bad run without ever having had a good run.

Very strange.

IWasThere2016
28-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Aye, so you've said every day for over a year. Maybe take a bit of your own advice and get over it?

Laughing it up whilst 'the man' CC is doing an even worse job than Hughes ever did during his bad run without ever having had a good run.

Very strange.

:fishin: 'Every day' .. really? Look forward to the proof of that one!

You're neglacting the facts again - CC in 2011 has us in a better position than Yogi in 2010 - that is fact :bye: IMHO, that is not good enough and when CC goes - which he will - I no be crying about it months later as you have re Yogi. That is very strange .. why no just ask him oot on a date? :wink:

Stevie Reid
28-10-2011, 11:55 AM
:fishin: 'Every day' .. really? Look forward to the proof of that one!

You're neglacting the facts again - CC in 2011 has us in a better position than Yogi in 2010 - that is fact :bye: IMHO, that is not good enough and when CC goes - which he will - I no be crying about it months later as you have re Yogi. That is very strange .. why no just ask him oot on a date? :wink:

No he doesn't/didn't - after 7 league games of this season (the stage at which Yogi was sacked last season), CC's and Hughes' records were identical. The one difference was that CC kept us in the League Cup a round longer - not that it makes a difference now.

Andy's right in any case, you post about Hughes more than anyone (5 posts in this thread), often just really cheap digs and petty insults too - a significant number of your posts in the last year have been simple :top marksor :faf: to people who have also had a pop at Hughes. Andy and Blackpool Hibs defend Hughes more than anyone on here (I've done a fair bit of defending myself), and all 3 of us always state that we were glad that Hughes left when he did - yet your response over any debate regarding Hughes is always "get over it" or something along those lines.

Your persistence that CC is somehow still better than Hughes despite the fact the he is way worse in every measurable way is extremely strange, as is the level of hypocrisy in your posts.

Just an observation.

Alfred E Newman
28-10-2011, 07:02 PM
No he doesn't/didn't - after 7 league games of this season (the stage at which Yogi was sacked last season), CC's and Hughes' records were identical. The one difference was that CC kept us in the League Cup a round longer - not that it makes a difference now.

Andy's right in any case, you post about Hughes more than anyone (5 posts in this thread), often just really cheap digs and petty insults too - a significant number of your posts in the last year have been simple :top marksor :faf: to people who have also had a pop at Hughes. Andy and Blackpool Hibs defend Hughes more than anyone on here (I've done a fair bit of defending myself), and all 3 of us always state that we were glad that Hughes left when he did - yet your response over any debate regarding Hughes is always "get over it" or something along those lines.

Your persistence that CC is somehow still better than Hughes despite the fact the he is way worse in every measurable way is extremely strange, as is the level of hypocrisy in your posts.

Just an observation.

You are right , CC has made us worse which is some achievement but I would guess that when he goes he won`t be found making a goat of himself on the radio.

nortonhibby
28-10-2011, 08:36 PM
You are right , CC has made us worse which is some achievement but I would guess that when he goes he won`t be found making a goat of himself on the radio.

nope its P45 And hed make a good lolly pop man.:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
28-10-2011, 08:51 PM

And somehow they want to keep Yogi in funds.

nortonhibby
28-10-2011, 08:53 PM

And somehow they want to keep Yogi in funds.

RP Is a stubborn man he is 100 percent with CC So i was told.:confused:

Feed McGraw
28-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Yogi is a Celtic fan with a soft spot for Hibs, always has been. He would be the first to admit it.

Yep, that`s what I was told many years ago from someone who should know. It never fails to amaze me all the people who believe he`s a big Hibs fan. It suited him at times for people to believe that, but always chose his words carefully when asked about supporting Hibs - `We used tae climb the wa`.` Ma local team`, `Always been close tae ma heart`- but a lifelong Hibby - I don`t think so. I will agree with you that he does have a soft spot for us though.

Kaiser1962
29-10-2011, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=ronaldo7;2961978]

RP Is a stubborn man he is 100 percent with CC So i was told.:confused:

You appear to get told a lot of things.

IWasThere2016
29-10-2011, 01:35 PM

That's better then.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Calderwoods record in February is much better than Hughes too, I do believe his record on the 10th of November is much better too, i cant wait for our European trip under Calderwood, thats right i cant wait.:rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Calderwoods record in February is much better than Hughes too, I do believe his record on the 10th of November is much better too, i cant wait for our European trip under Calderwood, thats right i cant wait.:rolleyes:

The only way we'll get a European trip under that joker is if he does the honorable thing and leaves football to run an airline. Even then, I think it'll be hard for him to get the existing pilots to fly the planes. But I'm sure he'll be able to recruit a new bunch of pilots who he won't be able to get fly them either.

IWasThere2016
29-10-2011, 05:36 PM
The only way we'll get a European trip under that joker is if he does the honorable thing and leaves football to run an airline. Even then, I think it'll be hard for him to get the existing pilots to fly the planes. But I'm sure he'll be able to recruit a new bunch of pilots who he won't be able to get fly them either.

6 points off 4th .. You never know.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2011, 05:38 PM
6 points off 4th .. You never know.

You were moaning when we were 4th. :faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
29-10-2011, 08:39 PM
You were moaning when we were 4th. :faf::faf:

Aye - that's the bare minimum we should expect IMO - along with decent showings in the cups too.