PDA

View Full Version : Where's Maximus?

One Day Soon
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
This is without doubt the worst Hibernian team I have ever witnessed but I don't think it is specific to Calderwood. There is something fundamental missing from that football club without which you cannot hope to build anything. And it has been missing since at least as far back as the player rebellion under Collins.

It is true that they look like they cannot defend, cannot pass, cannot control a ball, don't know each other's game, don't play to a system, don't look fully fit and look too slow. It is also true that there is some undoubted decent talent in there. What looks to be missing most of all though is any kind of spirit and self belief. There appears to be a negative culture at the club which looks horribly like an absence of leadership.

This starts at the top, nowhere else. I'm no longer clear on whether Petrie is running things or is hands off. But I am very clear that Hiberian FC is a broken arrow at present and it doesn't matter who is or is not signed to play or manage, until the culture and spirit of the club is rekindled the rest is just expensive decoration.

I don't think we have a leader in the boardroom, I don't think we have a management leader and we certainly don't have a leader on the park. Its almost as though this is a football club which has forgotten what it is for.

ackeygraham
26-10-2011, 09:44 PM
This is without doubt the worst Hibernian team I have ever witnessed but I don't think it is specific to Calderwood. There is something fundamental missing from that football club without which you cannot hope to build anything. And it has been missing since at least as far back as the player rebellion under Collins.

It is true that they look like they cannot defend, cannot pass, cannot control a ball, don't know each other's game, don't play to a system, don't look fully fit and look too slow. It is also true that there is some undoubted decent talent in there. What looks to be missing most of all though is any kind of spirit and self belief. There appears to be a negative culture at the club whichlooks horribly like an absence of leadership.

This starts at the top, nowhere else. I'm no longer clear on whether Petrie is running things or is hands off. But I am very clear that Hiberian FC is a broken arrow at present and it doesn't matter who is or is not signed to play or manage, until the culture and spirit of the club is rekindled the rest is just expensive decoration.

I don't think we have a leader in the boardroom, I don't think we have a management leader and we certainly don't have a leader on the park. Its almost as though this is a football club which has forgotten what it is for.

I think it could be the state of the art training centre where they get pandered to on every whim...i've heard the Sodje was moaning about his bake tattie not being cooked properly.....BB had a wee go at him saying you're in the bottom half of the league...

They should start getting shipped back to wardie and the likes and find out what it's been like prior and get a sense of realism and start putting some fight back into the team.

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Agree and have been thinking the same thing myself for a while. There is something wrong with the structure/organisation/culture in the club that win't be fixed by a new manager or some new players.

I like the Rome analogy; we need a new emperor.

Sammy7nil
26-10-2011, 10:58 PM

It is true that they look like they cannot defend, cannot pass, cannot control a ball, don't know each other's game, don't play to a system, don't look fully fit and look too slow. It is also true that there is some undoubted decent talent in there. What looks to be missing most of all though is any kind of spirit and self belief. There appears to be a negative culture at the club which looks horribly like an absence of leadership.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

madabouthibs
26-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Gullane, sand dunes. :agree:

theres a serious lack of basic football skills evident in every game we play in, simple accurate passing, ball control (see Griffiths' 3RD touch when he was straight through) and quick feet.
The understanding between players is awful, in fact there isn't any! GoC and Sparky look like they're getting to know each other, but they'll probably both be away by the end of January! :rolleyes:
We need a big hardman leader on the pitch, or at least in the dressing room. We have neither.

Lovely stadium though......:greengrin

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 09:43 AM
We have sold ALL our best players. There is no talent left. This is the problem.