PDA

View Full Version : Can you get a refund on your season ticket?

TheGreenMan
26-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I've had enough. Renewed this season in blind faith that it surely couldnt be any worse than last season and now after many years of watching Hibs i'm afraid I'm at breaking point of not caring anymore.

We are just trundling along merely existing and doing nothing else of note, or more to the point - trying to do anything of note in a footballing sense.

We are a nothing club who on the grand scheme of things means nothing, we are full of losers from top to bottom and I dont think I can stomach any more of my time and money being wasted.

Depressed. I would bite their hand off right now for a refund on my season ticket.

ackeygraham
26-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I believe you can - a friend has done it prior and am sure each ticket you have left is worth a value.

I don't think Petrie has woken up yet and smelt the coffee.....maybe this would start to do it ?

Hermit Crab
26-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I believe you can - a friend has done it prior and am sure each ticket you have left is worth a value.

I don't think Petrie has woken up yet and smelt the coffee.....maybe this would start to do it ?

If its found that you can then there will be a que back to London road!

snooky
26-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Can you get a refund on your season ticket?
Yes you can but you'll have to go to Dalkeith ......................... that's where the end of the queue is.

francobaresi
26-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I've had enough. Renewed this season in blind faith that it surely couldnt be any worse than last season and now after many years of watching Hibs i'm afraid I'm at breaking point of not caring anymore.

We are just trundling along merely existing and doing nothing else of note, or more to the point - trying to do anything of note in a footballing sense.

We are a nothing club who on the grand scheme of things means nothing, we are full of losers from top to bottom and I dont think I can stomach any more of my time and money being wasted.

Depressed. I would bite their hand off right now for a refund on my season ticket.

Totally agree with the "merely existing" point... For too many years now it has been blind faith that has taken me back to Easter Road... I fear now that we have come to the end of a once incredible relationship... Maybe pop in now and again to see how they are doing.... But I will be there for the funeral...

Prawn Sandwich
26-10-2011, 10:28 PM

I've had a season ticket for as long as I can remember. I just don't care anymore. Most of the supporters I speak don't care either. That is the most worrying thing for Hibs. I'm not renewing next season and I'm not sure if I can be ersed going back this season. I cant believe after all these years I feel like this.

Brebners Bookie
27-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Totally agree with the "merely existing" point... For too many years now it has been blind faith that has taken me back to Easter Road... I fear now that we have come to the end of a once incredible relationship... Maybe pop in now and again to see how they are doing.... But I will be there for the funeral...

Jeeeeeeeezoo, im welling up.

SteveHFC
27-10-2011, 07:50 AM
I've had a season ticket for as long as I can remember. I just don't care anymore. Most of the supporters I speak don't care either. That is the most worrying thing for Hibs. I'm not renewing next season and I'm not sure if I can be ersed going back this season. I cant believe after all these years I feel like this.

my dad has over 40 years of following hibs home, away and abroad and gave up last season he's been to a couple of games this season but that was more for the day out.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-10-2011, 09:10 AM

:agree:You can add me to that exact same list. 40 + years of enjoying the Hibs through good and bad times, but always optimistic about the future and happy to support the team however good they were. Not now. I've had enough. I tell you, if there was a slightest chance of a refund on my ST then I'd be down to ER in a flash.

I'd take 50p in the £ just to get shot of it - are you reading this Petrie ?

TheEastTerrace
27-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Saddens me to say it but I don't give two monkeys anymore. The players used to play for the jersey, not in this day and age (I'm only 30 so this is not green-tinted romantiscm). These players expect the big bucks for little or no effort. They are quite frankly a honking standard of footballer and they are not worth the thousands per week. 'Top level' football has turned ugly. I'd rather go down to Spartans or equivalent and watch lads put in a graft for 90 minutes.

The most dangerous emotion for a club, or business for that matter, is complete apathy. At least when people care, there's a debate or discussion to be had, even protest. Or when things are going well, there is a shared sense of pride. The Hibs support is turning totally apathetic. Look at the crowds falling, but how much vocal protest or action.

We might have a good stadium, good training centre and solid financial status compared to the rest of the SPL. It's all worth nothing if we can't turn up on a Saturday and feel like those on the park, in the dug-out, in the boardroom, and in the stands are pulling together in the right direction.

The board have dug themselves into a situation with the fans that is almost irretrievable.

Pains me to say it, and never thought I'd say it, but I'm out.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Saddens me to say it but I don't give two monkeys anymore. The players used to play for the jersey, not in this day and age (I'm only 30 so this is not green-tinted romantiscm). These players expect the big bucks for little or no effort. They are quite frankly a honking standard of footballer and they are not worth the thousands per week. 'Top level' football has turned ugly. I'd rather go down to Spartans or equivalent and watch lads put in a graft for 90 minutes.

The most dangerous emotion for a club, or business for that matter, is complete apathy. At least when people care, there's a debate or discussion to be had, even protest. Or when things are going well, there is a shared sense of pride. The Hibs support is turning totally apathetic. Look at the crowds falling, but how much vocal protest or action.

We might have a good stadium, good training centre and solid financial status compared to the rest of the SPL. It's all worth nothing if we can't turn up on a Saturday and feel like those on the park, in the dug-out, in the boardroom, and in the stands are pulling together in the right direction.

The board have dug themselves into a situation with the fans that is almost irretrievable.

Pains me to say it, and never thought I'd say it, but I'm out.

This is the one thing i dont think our board had any idea would happen. And is far more difficult to address than any other emotion. I dont think they have a clue how to fix this, thats why they are doing nothing except crossing their fingers and toes.

TheEastTerrace
27-10-2011, 09:58 AM
This is the one thing i dont think our board had any idea would happen. And is far more difficult to address than any other emotion. I dont think they have a clue how to fix this, thats why they are doing nothing except crossing their fingers and toes.

All I hear is rhetoric about 'being in this together' and 'be part of the family', blah-de-blah. Sorry, the ship has sailed. I hope the board are preparing themselves for an extremely uncomfortable AGM because every single one of them, plus Farmer, need to pull their finger out and sort out this club from top to bottom. Personally, I'd like to see RP go and a Director or senior management figure in the mould of a Damien Comolli at Liverpool come in i.e. someone who has the credentials, experience, and qualifications to run the football operations

BurghHibby
27-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I take it none of you have ever belted out "We'll support you evermore"?
:flag:

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 10:05 AM

Doesn't this course of action make you a loser as well? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 10:05 AM
I take it none of you have ever belted out "We'll support you evermore"?
:flag:

I have also sung about playing in Morocco.

Phil MaGlass
27-10-2011, 10:31 AM
...and we“ll support you up to four.....

KenN
27-10-2011, 10:39 AM
The answer to your question is no.
The reason I know is that I sent an email asking for a refund just last week ! I received a reply from Fife Hyland saying it can't be done and he also attached a copy of the terms and conditions to support his response.
I am another 40+ years supporter and I told Mr Hyland that I will not be back this season. I don't think I have ever had this 'I don't care' attitude as strong as I do right now. Of course I have been hacked off before during many years, which is part and parcel of being a Hibs supporter, but not like I feel right now. Unless there is a drastic change, I will not be renewing my season ticket next year and also made Mr Hyland aware of this.
To give him his dues, he did reply to me on two ocassions during my request for a refund, but I wonder if these guys really know how many of us feel the way we do.

TheEastTerrace
27-10-2011, 11:03 AM
The reason I know is that I sent an email asking for a refund just last week ! I received a reply from Fife Hyland saying it can't be done and he also attached a copy of the terms and conditions to support his response.
I am another 40+ years supporter and I told Mr Hyland that I will not be back this season. I don't think I have ever had this 'I don't care' attitude as strong as I do right now. Of course I have been hacked off before during many years, which is part and parcel of being a Hibs supporter, but not like I feel right now. Unless there is a drastic change, I will not be renewing my season ticket next year and also made Mr Hyland aware of this.
To give him his dues, he did reply to me on two ocassions during my request for a refund, but I wonder if these guys really know how many of us feel the way we do.

They may have banked the money for the 2011-12 season tickets, but just wait and see what happens next season. I doubt they'd break 5000 if the current malaise is allowed to continue.

J-C
27-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Haven't been to a game this season and only a handful in the second half of last year, couldn't really care now, we've become a laughing stock in the SPL.

Gettin' Auld
27-10-2011, 11:12 AM
What about the people who pay for their season ticket by direct debit?

Nothing to stop them simply cancelling the DD, is there?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 11:23 AM
What about the people who pay for their season ticket by direct debit?

Nothing to stop them simply cancelling the DD, is there?

I'd imagine its a credit agreement, sourced out to a credit company, similar to buying a sofa from DFS. You just cant hand the sofa back after using it for 4 or 5 months.

TheGreenMan
27-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Doesn't this course of action make you a loser as well? :confused:

Listen mate, there comes a point in time as a man in life where I (and I would hazard a guess at most others feeling this way) have got to take a stand and stop myself from being ripped off or having the piss taken out of me and this is that point.

It doesnt have to be for football, its with everything in life. If a guy feels he is being taken for granted, ripped off and quite simply having the piss ripped out of him then he MUST have a breaking point. Some break quicker than others, some take a long time to break but eventually every single man/woman in the world must have some sort of morals within them to say enough is enough - and unfortunately NOW is that time for me.

If I consider my options here: (A) Continue to soldier on blindly 'supporting' something I 100% dont believe in and giving a whole lot of other men my time and money that I have little or no respect for and who clearly have no respect for the fans (as is a modern day footballer/managers way) and who on the grand scheme of things will never do anything in return for me the whole time they are employed by Hibernian Football Club (by this I mean provide entertainment/winning performances/winning trophy's).

OR

(B) Back up my opinion, stop giving these pathetic excuses of Chief Execs/Board Memers/Managers/Coaches/Strikers/Midfielders/Defenders/Goalkeepers (as every single one of them are responsible for this mess - I refuse to point the finger at ONLY Petrie or ONLY Calderwood or ONLY the players - I hate all of them) my hard earned cash and time every week and essentially stop these mugs ripping the piss out of me.

Two options, I know what one would make me more of a 'loser' so to speak: if you willingly let some other guy(s) rip the piss out of you for whatever reason and have no balls to stand up for what you think is right then I'm afraid THAT would make you a loser.

The problem is - doesnt look like you can get a refund on your season ticket so were all ****ed. I really wish I had decided to just PATG this season but I thought to myself 'No - I will support the club because THIS should be the season when we've got everything completed as a club and the focus will be all on the park to get us a good team' ****ing Mug so I am. Never again will these millionaire ******s take me for a ride, sick of the lot of them. Time the put their money where their mouth is or GTF.

magpie1892
27-10-2011, 11:44 AM
They may have banked the money for the 2011-12 season tickets, but just wait and see what happens next season. I doubt they'd break 5000 if the current malaise is allowed to continue.

5,000? RP would bite your hand off if you offered him 5k renewals right now.

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I used to wonder how some of the older guys in the pub we go to after the game could possibly have given up on Hibs when they claimed to be supporters, it seemed alien to me - I understand much more clearly now.

My group have discussed not getting a season ticket for the first time in a long time next year (and VERY long time in the case of my Dad and my Brother), and just how difficult it will be for Hibs to get any supporters back who take the step of not renewing - many people who get an extra £400 in their pocket in these austere times, without the abject depression that comes with going to Easter Road, will need some serious, serious reasons to ever invest again. Such is the nature of our group that we probably will renew if there is some marked improvement between now and the end of the season (we would definitely renew if we were relegated), but the fact is that many will not and won't come back often, if at all.

The good news is that the Mowbray appointment brought some of those older guys back - we need a similarly inspired appointment very, very soon.

smurf
27-10-2011, 11:58 AM
We know we are not going to win the SPL. We know the Scottish Cup is erm well aye difficult... and the League Cup is only now and again. Our qualification record for Europe the last thirty years quite pathetic. Surely the least we can expect is a positive up beat chairman and manager to accentuate the positive of us playing an exciting brand of football with organisation?

PatHead
27-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Listen mate, there comes a point in time as a man in life where I (and I would hazard a guess at most others feeling this way) have got to take a stand and stop myself from being ripped off or having the piss taken out of me and this is that point.

It doesnt have to be for football, its with everything in life. If a guy feels he is being taken for granted, ripped off and quite simply having the piss ripped out of him then he MUST have a breaking point. Some break quicker than others, some take a long time to break but eventually every single man/woman in the world must have some sort of morals within them to say enough is enough - and unfortunately NOW is that time for me.

If I consider my options here: (A) Continue to soldier on blindly 'supporting' something I 100% dont believe in and giving a whole lot of other men my time and money that I have little or no respect for and who clearly have no respect for the fans (as is a modern day footballer/managers way) and who on the grand scheme of things will never do anything in return for me the whole time they are employed by Hibernian Football Club (by this I mean provide entertainment/winning performances/winning trophy's).

OR

(B) Back up my opinion, stop giving these pathetic excuses of Chief Execs/Board Memers/Managers/Coaches/Strikers/Midfielders/Defenders/Goalkeepers (as every single one of them are responsible for this mess - I refuse to point the finger at ONLY Petrie or ONLY Calderwood or ONLY the players - I hate all of them) my hard earned cash and time every week and essentially stop these mugs ripping the piss out of me.

Two options, I know what one would make me more of a 'loser' so to speak: if you willingly let some other guy(s) rip the piss out of you for whatever reason and have no balls to stand up for what you think is right then I'm afraid THAT would make you a loser.

The problem is - doesnt look like you can get a refund on your season ticket so were all ****ed. I really wish I had decided to just PATG this season but I thought to myself 'No - I will support the club because THIS should be the season when we've got everything completed as a club and the focus will be all on the park to get us a good team' ****ing Mug so I am. Never again will these millionaire ******s take me for a ride, sick of the lot of them. Time the put their money where their mouth is or GTF.

Great post

RickyS
27-10-2011, 11:59 AM

OR

well said mate, im with you on this one. You have summed up my feelings and we aint the only ones.
when is the AGM? wish i could be a fly on the wall for that!

J-C
27-10-2011, 12:15 PM
As a protest, would it not be a good idea to get in touch with the media and organise a demo to walk up to Easter Road and physically hand in your season tickets in, the message would certainly be put across and if this incumbant board refuses to listen, then we're in deep **** right enough.

PolmontHibby
27-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd imagine its a credit agreement, sourced out to a credit company, similar to buying a sofa from DFS. You just cant hand the sofa back after using it for 4 or 5 months.

I checked this out after they moved the St J game from a Saturday 3pm kick off to a midweek game I couldnt attend (which for me was the final straw in being taken for a mug by The Board) - and basically told no way out.
Could only withdraw for a short period after signing, and if cancelled DD payments would get chased for full payment (as well as ruining credit rating).

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 03:32 PM

OR

A no doubt heartfelt response but one which if you changed the team name could be transferred to the forum of all league teams in Scotland and England and elswhere for that matter where the team is underperforming for a few years.

The fact of the matter is you either support Hibs or you dinnae. You go to games or you dinnae. Your choice.

Beefster
27-10-2011, 08:12 PM

I think that as problems go, apathy is one of the better ones for them. No protests or pressure and they will just continue to cut the cloth to match the reduced income. Protests, pressure and all manner of hassle from fans to rectify the slump is much more of a pain in the ass for them.

Phil MaGlass
28-10-2011, 09:14 AM
A no doubt heartfelt response but one which if you changed the team name could be transferred to the forum of all league teams in Scotland and England and elswhere for that matter where the team is underperforming for a few years.

The fact of the matter is you either support Hibs or you dinnae. You go to games or you dinnae. Your choice.

You either get taken for a ride or you dinnae, its your choice.

Hermit Crab
28-10-2011, 01:59 PM
To give him his dues, he did reply to me on two ocassions during my request for a refund, but I wonder if these guys really know how many of us feel the way we do.TBO Hibs.net is only a small percentage of the Hibs support so just because people on here have had enough, wont be back want refunds etc etc, remember your not speaking for all Hibs fans and there are a fans out there who dont share the opinions expressed on this site. :agree: :aok:

Beefster
28-10-2011, 03:04 PM
TBO Hibs.net is only a small percentage of the Hibs support so just because people on here have had enough, wont be back want refunds etc etc, remember your not speaking for all Hibs fans and there are a fans out there who dont share the opinions expressed on this site. :agree: :aok:

In general, I find the mainstream view on here reflects the majority view amongst the support at large. Just because we're a small subset of the entire support doesn't mean that the range of opinions on here isn't representative of the support.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2011, 03:07 PM
In general, I find the mainstream view on here reflects the majority view amongst the support at large. Just because we're a small subset of the entire support doesn't mean that the range of opinions on here isn't representative of the support.

Out of interest how do you know what the majority view of the Hibs support is?

Beefster
28-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Out of interest how do you know what the majority view of the Hibs support is?

My perception of what the majority view is. I get my perception from the Hibs fans I know, attending the games and hearing chants, comments and boos.

I thought it would be obvious what I meant tbh, especially by using 'I find'. It's fairly apparent I don't hold daily surveys.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2011, 03:17 PM
My perception of what the majority view is. I get my perception from the Hibs fans I know, attending the games and hearing chants, comments and boos.

I thought it would be obvious what I meant tbh, especially by using 'I find'. It's fairly apparent I don't hold daily surveys.

:aok:

Kaiser1962
28-10-2011, 03:31 PM

Why bother? If they are not worth visiting when they are alive why bother when they are dead? Unless you plan to dance on their grave.