PDA

View Full Version : Our stadium...

3pm
26-10-2011, 09:28 PM
A Jambo told me that when Vaz Te scored in April, he thought the noise was fantastic. Tonight, Murdo McLeod passed comment on the noise considering the the place half full.

It's a pity we're so poor cos the place could be rocking if our support was engaged.

essexhibee
26-10-2011, 09:33 PM
The stadium always looks stunning on the tv. From the camera angle you would think you were in the epl. Wasted on this team, back to the mowbray days and it would be some atmosphere.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2011, 09:35 PM
We will be never fill the ****ing thing

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 09:38 PM
We will be never fill the ****ing thing

It's bad just now, and the solution is not obvious, but the good times will return eventually and a packed out new Easter Road will salute an emphatic derby win. Keep the faith, it will happen.

Gatecrasher
26-10-2011, 09:39 PM
http://t.co/4akUdQm6

Hope this works, I took this before the game tonight

Hermit Crab
26-10-2011, 09:44 PM
It's bad just now, and the solution is not obvious, but the good times will return eventually and a packed out new Easter Road will salute an emphatic derby win. Keep the faith, it will happen.

I wish I shared your optimism mate :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2011, 09:50 PM
imagine the AEK Athens game, in the new ground.

Brebners Bookie
26-10-2011, 09:51 PM
A Jambo told me that when Vaz Te scored in April, he thought the noise was fantastic. Tonight, Murdo McLeod passed comment on the noise considering the the place half full.

It's a pity we're so poor cos the place could be rocking if our support was engaged.

I was worried what the new stand would do for the atmosphere but WHEN we get a good team and the crowds come back it will be amazing.

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Think back to the opening of the new stand against Rangers at the start of last season. IIRC we got about 16,000 and the noise was outstanding, at least it was for the first hour when we were playing very well before we inevitably collapsed and lost 0-3 :greengrin

I dont know how long it'll take, but once we have a team worth the name again the atmosphere will be back.

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 10:04 PM
It's bad just now, and the solution is not obvious, but the good times will return eventually and a packed out new Easter Road will salute an emphatic derby win. Keep the faith, it will happen.How....just simply, how?

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I wish I shared your optimism mate :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

It's not optimism. The very nature of being a Hibs fan (like being a fan of any non-OF club) is that periods of success will come around far too infrequently and stay far too fleetingly. However, this success will return, eventually, and eventually, it won't just be any success, it'll be the Holy Grail. And we'll all be there to see it, because we're Hibbies. And no matter how bad it gets, we'll always be Hibbies. And no matter what depths we descend to in the intervening time, every one of us will look skywards and thank the almighty that we were born a Hibby. Because the alternative, the despicable mob from across town, just doesn't bear thinking about. It's like a disease, or a genetic disorder, but I wouldn't exchange it for all the rugby or ice hockey or speedway or tiddlywinks championships in the world.

GGTTH.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Think back to the opening of the new stand against Rangers at the start of last season. IIRC we got about 16,000 and the noise was outstanding, at least it was for the first hour when we were playing very well before we inevitably collapsed and lost 0-3 :greengrin

I dont know how long it'll take, but once we have a team worth the name again the atmosphere will be back.

Just over a year ago.

Until CC arrived we had an average attendance which was only just short of Hearts. And our biggest crowds were bigger than their biggest.

We are now about 5,000 behind on both counts.

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 10:13 PM
How....just simply, how?

How long have you been watching Hibs? Obviously it's crap at the moment, but then, hasn't it been crap for the majority of the time that all of us have been watching Hibs? That we'll have our time in the sun once again is obvious, when it will happen and under who's management is less clear. But it will happen.

frazeHFC
26-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I just want some good times back, where we can even get 13,000 at a normal game and try to get 18,000 plus for all the big ones.

Albion Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:22 PM

I think it is a case of its a pity our support is so poor.

One look at the away end tonight should tell you that. So many seem to think the team is so bad, I would say as a fan base we are far worse than that.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2011, 10:29 PM

One look at the away end tonight should tell you that. So many seem to think the team is so bad, I would say as a fan base we are far worse than that.

Imagine having a poor support compared to them, i wonder just how thats happened? To be fair, when i left after the 4th goal, i found it very easy to get to the car, and down the road quickly. 2 hours 45 minutes, with a piss stop too, Couldn't do that when we were winning i suppose.

madabouthibs
26-10-2011, 10:30 PM
With decent crowds and a decent product to watch ER would be a great venue.
3500-ish smelly Weegies tonight, and the noise they make is fantastic you'd have to admit. Half the East could easily make that much noise if there was something to sing about.
One day we'll have an excuse to make some noise, Hopefully its sooner rather than later though, we're losing support like a washed out bra! :agree:

Albion Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Imagine having a poor support compared to them, i wonder just how thats happened? To be fair, when i left after the 4th goal, i found it very easy to get to the car, and down the road quickly. 2 hours 45 minutes, with a piss stop too, Couldn't do that when we were winning i suppose.

You have to remember that these guys are at the bottom of their league, by what 10 points? they got humped by the only other team in their league, and in fact they have been pushed out of their mini league by Motherwell.

The sold out there end no bother regardless, and a dare say they could do it twice over. I appreciate they have a far larger fan base, but we will not carry that away support even on a pro-rata basis.

They were down 1 nil at HT and could have been 2 nil maybe more, we were the far better team, yet the sang the entire game, no boos etc etc. I dont like to admit it, but it was the same through at Ibrox the other week, they have a much more loyal and supportive fan base. I think the mentality is that many are no longer interested in hibs, rather spend their days watching random teams on sky sports, and many come with the mentality that they will be booing in 5 mins.

It is easy to say if we had a better team we would have this many fans, we would do this that in the next thing, fact of the matter no one ever said that supporting hibs would be easy.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 10:46 PM
You have to remember that these guys are at the bottom of their league, by what 10 points? they got humped by the only other team in their league, and in fact they have been pushed out of their mini league by Motherwell.

The sold out there end no bother regardless, and a dare say they could do it twice over. I appreciate they have a far larger fan base, but we will not carry that away support even on a pro-rata basis.

They were down 1 nil at HT and could have been 2 nil maybe more, we were the far better team, yet the sang the entire game, no boos etc etc. I dont like to admit it, but it was the same through at Ibrox the other week, they have a much more loyal and supportive fan base. I think the mentality is that many are no longer interested in hibs, rather spend their days watching random teams on sky sports, and many come with the mentality that they will be booing in 5 mins.

It is easy to say if we had a better team we would have this many fans, we would do this that in the next thing, fact of the matter no one ever said that supporting hibs would be easy.

How many of them do you think there would be if they hadn't won their league for 60 years, the Scottish cup for over a hundred and the league cup 3 times in 40 years? Chuck in regular pastings off their local rivals.

Even if you take 3rd as being our league the stats aren't much healthier.

Jonnyboy
26-10-2011, 10:48 PM

It does :greengrin

Cracking picture of the crowd for our next home game :wink:

fatbloke
26-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I was worried what the new stand would do for the atmosphere but WHEN we get a good team and the crowds come back it will be amazing.

I'm 55 in December so don't know if I will be here when it happens.:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Albion, are you serious? there is no comparison whatsoever, 1st or 2nd every year with a cup thrown in most seasons, what a bunch of unfortunate barstewards! Imagine putting up with that every season.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Albion, are you serious? there is no comparison whatsoever, 1st or 2nd every year with a cup thrown in most seasons, what a bunch of unfortunate barstewards! Imagine putting up with that every season.

He see's what he wants to see, he's our very own comical albion.

3pm
27-10-2011, 06:50 AM

You can flip it the other way and suggest Hibs are lucky they still get the crowds they do considering we've had 4-5 years of terrible fitba to watch.

Gates go down when teams struggle - it's fact.

If Celtic's support are so good, why have they lost 20-25% of their gate from the O'Neill and Strachan days? Why did they have a 60% full stadium for a recent UEFA cup game? The fanatical Geordies lost a third of their gate when they were relegated 2 years ago.

If people don't like what they are seeing, they won't go. It's not a problem exclusive to Hibs.

SuperEddieT
27-10-2011, 07:34 AM

That's an awesome pic!! What did you take it with? (Dinnae be smart!!)

Gatecrasher
27-10-2011, 11:15 AM
That's an awesome pic!! What did you take it with? (Dinnae be smart!!)

I took that pic with my iphone :aok:

KWJ
27-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Panoramic app?

I worry that as great as our new stadium is it could be partly responsible of our home form. An away team walking out to our half full stadium will instantly give them an advantage where as before walking out to confront a noisy and busy east shed would've been distracting. It can't be a confidence booster for our boys either.

They should be professional enough to do the job but home advantage seems to mean nothing to us now. This is very worrying as we should be winning the majority of home matches.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Panoramic app?.
:agree:
360 panoramic or something