Why are you picking on him ?
THEY ALL ARE :greengrin

tamig
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM
He is rubbish. :bye:

Did you watch any of the game tonight? :confused:

MotherSuperior
26-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I disagree, he has good touch, strength, takes up good positions, and is deceptively quick. I thought he was excellent in the first half. Good player imo.

Winston Ingram
There are plenty ahead of him in the queue to get emptied:agree:

essexhibee
Looked alright first half but after the Celtic 3rd went in turned off so couldn't comment after that. On what I saw he worked hard with good link up play but in that period after the goal we should have buried them.

Westie1875

Disagree, been one of our best players in recent games. Disappeared in the 2nd half but so did the rest of the team so hardly fair to single him out.

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 09:24 PM
He wasnt the worst by any means.

matty_f
26-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Agogo had a good first half, but along with the rest of the team was nowhere in tge second half.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I disagree, he has good touch, strength, takes up good positions, and is deceptively quick. I thought he was excellent in the first half. Good player imo.

The bit in bold - eh ?!?!? Seriously ?!?!? :confused:

Ozyhibby
26-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Played well in the first half. Nobody played well after the break.

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Wouldn't say he's rubbish, just never looks like scoring and he's supposed to be a forward.

We already had Sodje, who can score.

Purehibee_MYB
26-10-2011, 09:28 PM
One of the better players on the pitch tonight...

Dinkydoo
26-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Wouldn't say he's rubbish, just never looks like scoring and he's supposed to be a forward.

Have to agree with the part about Sodje; he was looking the part towards the end of last season.

MotherSuperior
26-10-2011, 09:30 PM
The bit in bold - eh ?!?!? Seriously ?!?!? :confused: maybe i put that the wrong way... Ok he's faster than you expect him to be! Lol

mcfly
26-10-2011, 09:32 PM

No he wasnt tonite - he played well.

game would have been different if only griffiths had taken his clear cut chance in the 1st half

Elephant Stone
26-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Agogo is probably the last person I'd single out after tonight. Crazy stuff.

lucky
26-10-2011, 09:34 PM
He was Hibs best player by a long way. But like the rest got over run in the second half

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Wouldn't say he is deceptively quick before I would say that he is obviously still out of condition. Played a bit deep at times, but he wasn't one of the major fails tonight. Quite a few left the field in all green and came back all in white, signalling surrender.

Dalkeith
26-10-2011, 09:51 PM
No he wasnt tonite - he played well.

game would have been different if only griffiths had taken his clear cut chance in the 1st half

and the game would have been different if celtic had turned up in first half or took even 1 of their chances

bottom line is our defence is still rubbish after a year to fix it, to quote another thread its a defence to relegate us

Judas Iscariot
26-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Yea he's a great player..

That finish when flagged offside in the 2nd half nestled beautifully in the upper tear of the FF..

Only top class strikers can do that!!

:fibber:

Hfc_Since1875
26-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I didnt rate Agogo in the slightest after his first few games!!

However, since the dundee utd game which in my opinion was when he turned the corner iv been very impressed with him!

I like his movement, think hes a clever wee player with a good eye for a pass and through balls which in my opinion we dont have any creative players!

I still think he'll improve further and score a few goals this season!

Jonnyboy
26-10-2011, 10:50 PM
As others have said he wasn't the worst tonight by any means. At Paisley he was my MotM in the withdrawn role and he looked good again in the first half tonight.

There's a few I'd empty before him

steakbake
26-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Total bollocks. Agogo was on it from kick off. I can't understand how he should be singled out. Ok a blast over the bar when he was whistled for off side but did you not see some of the tackles he was putting in, the passes, holding up the ball etc?

Franck Stanton
26-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I really dont get all this Agogo-thumping. IMO [ and it would appear a few other posters as well], Agogo has improved lately, possibly because he has recovered from the injury he had when he signed for us. There wwere a lot worse than him in a Hibs jersey tonight. In fact, I think Agogo had a good 1st half. As for the second half, well, no-one in a Hibs jersey had even a bad game, they were all terrible.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm warming to him, and Osbourne too. There's a lot worse than Agogo in this bunch or dross.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm warming to him, and Osbourne too. There's a lot worse than Agogo in this bunch or dross.

Same. Puts himself about a fair bit.

Improving rapidly.

Shrekko
26-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Agogo is a good player and I'm sick of folk comparing him negatively with Sodje who is hopeless but happened to have the best purple patch of his career in last seasons meaningless games.

However... I'm not sure the role CC has given him to accommodate Griffiths suits him.

LALthehibeeGAL
26-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't say he's rubbish, just never looks like scoring and he's supposed to be a forward. :agree:

We already had Sodje, who can score.:agree:

One of the better players on the pitch tonight... - are you haveing a laugh!! not the worse but come on - he can't even positiong himself right for any threat on goal - he reminds me of gawd what's that big huddy's name again fae few seasons ago.

Yea he's a great player..:greengrin:greengrin

That finish when flagged offside in the 2nd half nestled beautifully in the upper tear of the FF..:greengrin:greengrin

Only top class strikers can do that!!:greengrin

:fibber:

I have yet to see anything of worth from him but Palsson is defo worse - imo both are not worth the jersey there are others prepared to do a bit of a job. And yes I did thnk that in the first half too - them two espec VP were letting the side down and and that Griffiths miss!!!!

Lal:wink:

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 11:38 PM

In future, please watch the game before commenting. It'll save everyone a lot of time.

connerg
27-10-2011, 12:03 AM
The bit in bold - eh ?!?!? Seriously ?!?!? :confused:

:top marksneeds too much time, in other words too slow!!!!!

basehibby
27-10-2011, 12:03 AM

:confused: Were you watching the game???

Thought he played a blinder 1st half in a sort of deep attacking role - disappeared somewhat in the 2nd but I thought that had a lot to do with Celtc tactical changes which we failed to cope with.

SteveHFC
27-10-2011, 07:35 AM
In future, please watch the game before commenting. It'll save everyone a lot of time.

EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion

SteveHFC
27-10-2011, 07:37 AM
:confused: Were you watching the game???

Thought he played a blinder 1st half in a sort of deep attacking role - disappeared somewhat in the 2nd but I thought that had a lot to do with Celtc tactical changes which we failed to cope with.
Aye i was watching and like everyone have my own opinions which some may and some may not agree with

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 07:40 AM

Correct. Both were up for it and played some neat stuff.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Sodje isn't playing for a reason. He's not very good.

happiehibbie
27-10-2011, 07:43 AM
I think he is not a bad player

AlbertK86
27-10-2011, 07:43 AM
In future, please watch the game before commenting. It'll save everyone a lot of time. Well said. Agogo and Ozzy both getting better with every game

Kato
27-10-2011, 07:45 AM

Your opinion, which you're entitled to, is rubbish.

SteveHFC
27-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Your opinion, which you're entitled to, is rubbish.
any your entitled opinion is rubbish :na na:

Kato
27-10-2011, 07:58 AM
any your entitled opinion is rubbish :na na:

Quite.

MikeyG
27-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Sorry, but you have limited ability to spot a player. Been our most consistant player since the Dundee United game.:crazy:

If only others in the side showed the same commitment.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:33 AM
"He plays far too deep."
Playing behind the strikers is his preferred role.

"He's pish."
Just because he hasn't scored 15 goals and singlehandedly propelled us up the table doesn't mean he's pish.

"He's no' very quick."
He's quicker than Nish and Sodje.

"Sodje's better, at least he can score goals."
Yes, when he's not putting them over the bar from four yards.

"He put the ball in the stand when he was flagged offside."
Jeezo, I'd bench him for that. Fancy not scoring when it wouldn't have counted. What a turncoat.

Why some folk insist on lambasting those players who put in a bit of effort is beyond me. Agogo has consistently put in a great amount of effort since joining the club. He knows he isn't at full fitness but he still tries a hell of a lot harder than some of the imposters regularly "turning up" in this Hibs side.

SteveHFC
27-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Sorry, but you have limited ability to spot a player.

in your opinion

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I shudder to think how bad to watch we would be without Agogo. One of the few bright spots of the season, after an inauspicious start - some of his link up play with GOC has been a joy to watch, and he is one of the few players in our sqaud that you could describe as clever.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:51 AM
in your opinion

In quite a few folks' opinion by the looks of the replies on this thread.

Just sayin' like.

sparkiedelpaco7
27-10-2011, 09:18 AM
for me, agogo still has the footballing brain. he knows where to make runs and who to pass to. unfortunately, his legs can no longer keep up with what his brain is trying to do.

He needs to change his game to what brewster used to do for us. bring down the ball, hold it up then move the ball on to either garry, leigh or one the attacking midfielders.

If he does that I would play him, if not, he has to drop to the bench and let leigh and garry play up front themselves.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I shudder to think how bad to watch we would be without Agogo. One of the few bright spots of the season, after an inauspicious start - some of his link up play with GOC has been a joy to watch, and he is one of the few players in our sqaud that you could describe as clever.

This /\

tamig
27-10-2011, 10:03 AM
in your opinion

And quite a few others by the look of it.

Wotherspiniesta
27-10-2011, 05:05 PM
in your opinion

Do you think James Forrest is pish? :wink:

Northernhibee
27-10-2011, 05:28 PM
He'd be my first man on the teamsheet just now.

scoopyboy
27-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Have to agree with the part about Sodje; he was looking the part towards the end of last season.

Last season maybe, this season gash and before anyone says he hasn't played a lot its because he isn't good enough.

He should have buried St.Mirren on Saturday with a tapin, if St. Mirren had scored after that then the failure to get 3 points would have been down to that moment.

I'd rather take a chance on Caldwell or Handling from the 19s, they aren't ready I know but they might get betterwith first team experience. Surely a better bet than a man who is simply winding down his career.

frazeHFC
27-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Right from the start i have backed Agogo. Some have taken time to like him, some still dislike him. I thought he was one of our better players last night, again. He sits in the gap behind the strikers very well. :agree:

Also what is with the somewhat 'abuse' towards Mainboy? He has an opinion and is entitled to say it.

marleyhib
27-10-2011, 06:13 PM
He didn't know he was offside when he spooned it over the bar from 8 yards last night, spent most of the 2nd half going sideways.

He's OK, had a few decent games and can compete against teams from the bottom six.

Saying that so could Colin Nish, dare I say it I'd have him back at the moment (duck).

Defence is the problem and CM, has been for years.

I would say Agogo is pretty decent and doesn't deserve to be singled out.

I miss Deeks TBH, had that bit of class we now sorely lack.

Jonnyboy
27-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Right from the start i have backed Agogo. Some have taken time to like him, some still dislike him. I thought he was one of our better players last night, again. He sits in the gap behind the strikers very well. :agree:

Also what is with the somewhat 'abuse' towards Mainboy? He has an opinion and is entitled to say it.

:agree:

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I was surprised by Agogo last night, he played quite well, looked strong on the ball and a real threat to Septic's back line.

lapsedhibee
27-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Colin Nish, dare I say it I'd have him back at the moment (duck).

Eh, naw. That opinion is so rubbish I'm not even sure you're entitled to have it. Like being of the opinion that the earth is flat, or that the yams will actually pay a half share of a report cost.

sbell1875
27-10-2011, 07:04 PM
"He plays far too deep."
Playing behind the strikers is his preferred role.

"He's pish."
Just because he hasn't scored 15 goals and singlehandedly propelled us up the table doesn't mean he's pish.

"He's no' very quick."
He's quicker than Nish and Sodje.

"Sodje's better, at least he can score goals."
Yes, when he's not putting them over the bar from four yards.

"He put the ball in the stand when he was flagged offside."
Jeezo, I'd bench him for that. Fancy not scoring when it wouldn't have counted. What a turncoat.

Why some folk insist on lambasting those players who put in a bit of effort is beyond me. Agogo has consistently put in a great amount of effort since joining the club. He knows he isn't at full fitness but he still tries a hell of a lot harder than some of the imposters regularly "turning up" in this Hibs side.

All very good points. On Saturday Agogo was on it and only for being shattered after an almost pitch length would have scored to make the game comfortable.

However, his 'behind the striker' position falls into insignificance when he is playing behind 2 strikers. It leads to a narrow midfield and a major issue I've noticed over recent weeks, specifically against St. Mirren and last night, is the constant 2 v 1 on our full backs. Saturday we were punished and again last night.

CC simply cannot maintain his 4-3-1-2 formation because it leaves us far too exposed at the back. An example of this is the goals conceded column this season. We need to seriously address this.

heretoday
27-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I reckon Agogo and Osborne are good, tough midfield guys. What they need is a wee Fabregas/Arteta type chap beside them spraying the ball about.

Then we have to get a defence....and an attack.

hibsbollah
27-10-2011, 08:22 PM
All very good points. On Saturday Agogo was on it and only for being shattered after an almost pitch length would have scored to make the game comfortable.However, his 'behind the striker' position falls into insignificance when he is playing behind 2 strikers. It leads to a narrow midfield and a major issue I've noticed over recent weeks, specifically against St. Mirren and last night, is the constant 2 v 1 on our full backs. Saturday we were punished and again last night.CC simply cannot maintain his 4-3-1-2 formation because it leaves us far too exposed at the back. An example of this is the goals conceded column this season. We need to seriously address this.Theres nothing wrong with that formation. Lots of successful teams have played a 442 with an advanced midfielder fantasista in the hole. What you need is two genuinely quality wide players and a creative latapy type in the hole. Our problem is the lack of quality in these positions, not the formation itself.