PDA

View Full Version : Apportioning blame

jdships
26-10-2011, 09:18 PM
How do we apportion blame for the state the team is in at present ?
Let's look at some facts .

The Board appoint a manager.
The Manager signs players / picks the team
The players go on the park and play .

The results don't come and we look for someone to blame .

Question
WHO IS TO BLAME ?

:confused::confused: :confused:( thrice over !!! )

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 09:21 PM
WE'RE to blame.

We should all have chosen to support another team.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Every one is to blame. Starts at the top and sh-it rolls doon hill

jdships
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM
WE'RE to blame.

:thumbsup::top marks
Post of the day IMHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

essexhibee
26-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Calderwood for me. Has to go. He just ****ing sits on his erse will brown is up doing the shouting and directing. There are some good players in this team they are not all totally hopeless. He has been given enough time.

Twiglet
26-10-2011, 09:59 PM
WE'RE to blame.

:tee hee:

Andy74
26-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Maybe we should be more supportive when we are doing well? We snipe even at that stage so when things do start to wrong it gets accelerated.

Even Mowbray and half his team used to get it.

PeterboroHibee
26-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Id say the majority of the blame lies with the manager. Whatever he is telling them either isnt sinking in or just isnt working. Hes also signed the majority of the players that are in the team so it is very much his squad.

In terms of the players, theres no excuse for the way they are performing, the defence is especially ridiculous, but with boys getting played out of position and regular chopping and changing of the defence, it makes things even worse. As Ive said, they also appear to be playing with out any real plan or idea of what is expected of them.

matty_f
26-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe we should be more supportive when we are doing well? We snipe even at that stage so when things do start to wrong it gets accelerated.

Could be onto something. Celtc's fans never stopped singing all match, even when they were a goal down. And they're having a pish season by their standards.

francobaresi
27-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I saw a glimmer of hope last night, albeit in the first half... We played some nice football for a change and could have scored a couple more... That said, in my opinion Calderwood is starting to get it through to the players who in my opinion aren't fit enough to compete just now... And if the players on the park are the best we can muster up then we need to spend... And that isn't going to happen either is it Mr P...? So I apportion blame to two sides.... Those upstairs counting the pieces of silver every day and the players who really need to get fit and start acting professional.... If training is for 4 hours then go out for an extra couple of hours... Show us you care...

The lifeblood is draining from the club, we the supporters, the paying supporters, the supporters who try to keep this club alive are trying to do our bit.... It's up to you now...

matty_f
27-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I saw a glimmer of hope last night, albeit in the first half... We played some nice football for a change and could have scored a couple more... That said, in my opinion Calderwood is starting to get it through to the players who in my opinion aren't fit enough to compete just now... And if the players on the park are the best we can muster up then we need to spend... And that isn't going to happen either is it Mr P...? So I apportion blame to two sides.... Those upstairs counting the pieces of silver every day and the players who really need to get fit and start acting professional.... If training is for 4 hours then go out for an extra couple of hours... Show us you care...

The lifeblood is draining from the club, we the supporters, the paying supporters, the supporters who try to keep this club alive are trying to do our bit.... It's up to you now...

Can you count pieces of silver when your club has posted a loss of £900k?

Love the Green
27-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Calderwood for me. Has to go. He just ****ing sits on his erse will brown is up doing the shouting and directing. There are some good players in this team they are not all totally hopeless. He has been given enough time.

WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep the faith

persevere1875
27-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Can you count pieces of silver when your club has posted a loss of £900k?

Maybe the players feel there's not enough pieces of silver going in there direction, maybe thats why apart from the ones who were brought up as hibby's, they look as though they cant be arsed, just a suggestion :dunno:

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I believe the mistake was building a new stand we didn't need rather than investing in the team.

Whilst I have held this view since before the stand was built I have debated it on this forum many times and understand the reasoned argument of most others on here that this was wise investment that will be to our benefit in the future.

If you believe this to be the case then the current malaise in footballing matters is a bitter pill you have to swallow in the short to medium term IMO.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 04:10 PM

:agree: We get the players we deserve.

matty_f
27-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe the players feel there's not enough pieces of silver going in there direction, maybe thats why apart from the ones who were brought up as hibby's, they look as though they cant be arsed, just a suggestion :dunno: Do you think the players thought the figures on their contracts were just conservative estimates of what they could get paid, when they signed them?

Gerard
27-10-2011, 05:18 PM
WE'RE to blame.

which one?

Captain Trips
27-10-2011, 05:37 PM
The blame is with board firstly, they had a great springboard from CIS cup win and also some more big money sales so they had a hell of a lot in locker yet we are again in another season of likely struggle.

They have failed in manager appointments and those managers are also to blame for their part, we now at this juncture appear to have yet maybe the worst selection of manager as yet and we seem to have no plan in going forward other than continuing what Yogi started in having a huge amount of short term players. That says it all for me we have it appears no plans in going forward on park, it is a massive failure all the way down, we cant get a stabe squad never mind anything else then we will go nowhere.

down the slope
27-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I see from the accounts that the total spending on the directors salaries is down from the previous year but the top earner is now on 88k ! a rise of 13k !!! this plus pension payments of nearly 8 k and benefits in kind of 11k whatever they are ?, nice work if you can get it.

persevere1875
27-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Do you think the players thought the figures on their contracts were just conservative estimates of what they could get paid, when they signed them?

I do believe that there are players at Hibs, and I mean outwith the obvious players such as Griffiths who's on loan, O'Connor who we quite clearly cant afford if and when he's back to his best etc, who have signed contracts at Hibs believing they were and still are worth far fatter paydays than Hibs are currently paying them, question is if they think were paying 70% of what there worth are we only getting 70% of the effort ?

What they think they are worth with the help of their agents, What Hibs think they can get them for @ lastminutesales.com and what we as fans think they are worth can be three very differing stances. calderwood says he sees a different team in training to what he sees on matchday? from where I stand there can only be one of two fundamental problems at Hibs on matchday, Lack of Talent or Lack of Desire, If its a lack of Desire , Why ?

Anyone can take the pieces of silver at the time if its what they consider to be the best offer on the table, doesnt mean they buy into the dream at the price thats on offer.

This isnt fact, Ive got nothing whatsoever to back up this theory, its just a thought mate.