PDA

View Full Version : fitness levels

bingo70
26-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Unlike most it seems I can handle getting beat by a team put together for millions more than us, however what I'm struggling to accept is the shocking fitness levels that lead to our second half collapse, for professional footballers to be dead on their feet after an hour the way we were is an absolute disgrace.

I can understand why the top teams will always have better players than us but why are they fitter? If anything we should be working harder to compensate for our lack of ability.

Would love to hear john Collins answer to that question

Biggie
26-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Unlike most it seems I can handle getting beat by a team put together for millions more than us, however what I'm struggling to accept is the shocking fitness levels that lead to our second half collapse, for professional footballers to be dead on their feet after an hour the way we were is an absolute disgrace.

I can understand why the top teams will always have better players than us but why are they fitter? If anything we should be working harder to compensate for our lack of ability.

Would love to hear john Collins answer to that question
I'm with you on this one Bingo..how the **** are these guys not fit enough ???
It's October, they should be flying...run all day types...but no, we're taking guys off cos they are ****ed....and the team seems to struggle....I don't get it ?.....how long do they train ?...they should be in for double sessions, if not running, then the gym..if not that then they should be working on their techniques, lord knows they need it

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:44 PM
It's October, they should be flying...run all day types...but no, we're taking guys off cos they are ****ed....and the team seems to struggle....I don't get it ?.....how long do they train ?...they should be in for double sessions, if not running, then the gym..if not that then they should be working on their techniques, lord knows they need it

Trips to Vegas getting wrecked!

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:45 PM

RP would look forward to another delegation of hibs players turning up at his door if that happened

truehibernian
26-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't have put down tonight as lack of fitness mate. I would say players switched off as soon as they equalised. The players didn't get tight, they allowed Celtic time on the ball. It is then far more difficult defending when a team has time to pick passes. Each Hibs player second half simply forgot to mark properly and follow runners.

So I would say a combination of good Celtic play and lack of organisation. CC and BB were trying hard to get that message across. Players didn't execute it second half in my opinion.

If anything, young Ozzy, DW and Griffiths looked like they had plenty legs in the last ten.

Palsson and Hanlon were, for me, atrocious second half. But I admit I have never been convinced by young Hanlon at this level.

PaulSmith
26-10-2011, 08:46 PM
It's not fitness IMO but application. They seem incapable of a work ethic.

bingo70
26-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Good points, I'm trying not too be hysterical about a quarter final defeat to an old firm team, it happens from time to time, however I think fitness was an issue as we lacked any energy going forward and were sluggish and second to most balls defensively.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I think the main problem with the players are pride. They just chucked it, a few of them will have forgotten all about the collapse today when they are getting wrecked in George street.

matty_f
26-10-2011, 10:42 PM
It's not fitness IMO but application. They seem incapable of a work ethic.

I think the main problem with the players are pride. They just chucked it, a few of them will have forgotten all about the collapse today when they are getting wrecked in George street.
:agree:
Celtc wanted the win much more than us second half. They hounded us whenever they got the ball, did the 'hunting in pack's thing, and even when they were 1-4 up, they were chasing everything down and were first to practically every ball.

We, on the other hand, chucked it early, and at 1-4 had players not tracking runners, not closing down, and basically just giving up.

I would love to get into the heads of the Hibs players and get them to all realise (because some clearly already do) just exactly what our expectations of them are when it comes to application.

A lack of fitness, if there is one, is symptomatic of a lack of application. Even then, I'm not sure if it's a lack of application or just a deeper rooted lack of genuine desire, ambition, and will to win that's the issue.

If that team had genuinely wanted to win the cup, we'd be in the semi final just now.

Heraghty's
27-10-2011, 12:35 AM
The OP is spot on. Sadly. The starting 11 tonight had more chins than the Chinese Olympic team.
Big baw faces and fat *****. A bloody pub team.
They let Celtic run over the top of them in the second half.
Make no mistake, this mob could get us relegated if we don't get a manager in soon who can restore some discipline and stamina to the ranks.
That collapse tonight was embarrassing.
But, hey, I bet the squad showed everyone afterwards that they can sink a bottle of beer or 20.

:furious:

HibbyDave
27-10-2011, 09:12 AM
I think that the players fitness levels has been an issue all season. I have asked many times for some info on exactly what goes on at East Mains. It's defo not running/general fitness regimes and given that we can't pass the ball 5 yards to another player it can't be passing skills. We never retain the ball from a throw-in so it's not that either.

Is there a pool table/card table down there? Are we hiding a potential world champion domino team?

East Mains......white elephant unless someone can begin to show real benefits on the plying field from this playground. Oh yes, it's a great asset ON THE BALANCE SHEET.....Land values will rise in the long term.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Well we bring players in who are injured, we bring players in who have done no pre season near the end of the transfer window. We have very limited players, who are just not very good. Put the two together and you get a side that cant compete very well for 90 minutes.

Even now when they are all fit, or near fitness, we are struggling. What will the next excuse be?

If we were winning none of this would be discussed, but we are always looking for some excuse, when its staring us right there each and every week we play.

We are a poor side, with poor players and led by a poor manager.

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 09:28 AM
We were praised at the weekend for pressing St. Mirren high up the park as they like to play it out from the back, but we really put any pressure on the ball against any other teams. Time and again players are allowed to carry the ball over many yards from in their own half to deep into ours, both on the flanks and through the middle.

Last night, we pressed and harried in the first half, and let Celtic walk through us in the second.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 09:35 AM
We were praised at the weekend for pressing St. Mirren high up the park as they like to play it out from the back, but we really put any pressure on the ball against any other teams. Time and again players are allowed to carry the ball over many yards from in their own half to deep into ours, both on the flanks and through the middle.

Last night, we pressed and harried in the first half, and let Celtic walk through us in the second.

I cant understand anyone saying we did well pressing St Mirren high up the park, because we did not press further up the park imo. :confused:

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I cant understand anyone saying we did well pressing St Mirren high up the park, because we did not press further up the park imo. :confused:

I only saw the first half and thought that there was a bit more energy about the forwards with regards to closing down than usual, and often forced them back to the goalkeeper.

Regardless, we don't do press the ball often enough - either in attack or midfield.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I only saw the first half and thought that there was a bit more energy about the forwards with regards to closing down than usual, and often forced them back to the goalkeeper.

Regardless, we don't do press the ball often enough - either in attack or midfield.

My mistake, i thought you were meaning as a team. Yes the forwards did press further up the park, instead of getting behind the ball and lining up along the halfway line.