PDA

View Full Version : How to instantly add 3000 Hibs fans to the gate....

EasterRoad4Ever
26-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Sack Calderwood and get shot of that idiot Petrie. Don't let Petrie anywhere near the recruitment process for the next manager.

I would sooner support a managerless Hibs team, than continue to support a team "managed" by that clown Calderwood. But Petrie is biggest prize. Get rid of that loser and let the club recover some of the self-pride and respect we once had in the club. He has systematically DESTROYED value in the Hibs brand over the last 4 years - effectively wiping out any financial gains he achieved before 2007.

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Sack Calderwood and get shot of that idiot Petrie. Don't let Petrie anywhere near the recruitment process for the next manager.

I would sooner support a managerless Hibs team, than continue to support a team "managed" by that clown Calderwood. But Petrie is biggest prize. Get rid of that loser and let the club recover some of the self-pride and respect we once had in the club. He has systematically DESTROYED value in the Hibs brand over the last 4 years - effectively wiping out any financial gains he achieved before 2007.

Well said the truth must come out RP Is the demise of our once proud club

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:34 PM

ok, so what your saying is, petrie resigns tomorrow, then 3000 more will turn up to watch a pISS poor team against dunfy ?:confused: although i do agree re: RP having anything to do with selecting a manager :agree: all financial wizards on the board at ER and no 'football' men

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Think it might take quite a bit more than that but it'd be a bloody good start :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
26-10-2011, 08:39 PM
ok, so what your saying is, petrie resigns tomorrow, then 3000 more will turn up to watch a pISS poor team against dunfy ?:confused: although i do agree re: RP having anything to do with selecting a manager :agree: all financial wizards on the board at ER and no 'football' men

No, you'd need to fire Calderwood as well. And Yes I'm confident you'd get an extra 3000 going along to ER without these guys. Most Hibs fans are inherently optimistic, but that optimism has been slowly strangled out of a lot of people by these two. I'm convinced many of the current players would raise their game, and a new (experienced) manager would inject a bit of fresh air into the place. ER is rancid at the moment.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Think it might take quite a bit more than that but it'd be a bloody good start :agree:

It would. Problem is we need to take a risk now financially as we've been cleaned out money wise and a decent manager will want paid.

mcfly
26-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Not going to happen - petrie owns a share in hibs so he would have to be bought out and who would buy into hibs?

only thing that will make him sit up and notice is non attendance but doing this exacerbates the problem re the finances, but i really fear for us this season, we cant defend, rarely keep a clean sheet and are piss poor.

I dont know the solution but CC isnt the man for us

SkintHibby
26-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Wish Petrie would just go.

Brought in £14M from player sales - how much of that has been squandered on bad leadership? Utterly, Utterly disgraceful.

We could have had a bright future from that revenue and it's been totally wasted.:rolleyes:

Elephant Stone
26-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Wish Petrie would just go.

Brought in £14M from player sales - how much of that has been squandered on bad leadership? Utterly, Utterly disgraceful.

We could have had a bright future from that revenue and it's been totally wasted.:rolleyes:

Hardly, a bright future's exactly what we've got. The player revenue was used to put the club in a strong position and it's been used to improve our infrastructure that will be there for a long, long time. In the short term not a great deal has been spent on the team and that might be a contributor to our piss poor state of affairs at the moment but you can't say the money's been wasted at the expense of the future, quite the opposite.

mcfly
26-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Hardly, a bright future's exactly what we've got. The player revenue was used to put the club in a strong position and it's been used to improve our infrastructure that will be there for a long, long time. In the short term not a great deal has been spent on the team and that might be a contributor to our piss poor state of affairs at the moment but you can't say the money's been wasted at the expense of the future, quite the opposite.

Correct we have the training ground and the new stand however nice new stands are no good if the product on the pitch is dreadful.

this is one of the worst hibs teams i can remember for the last 25 yrs - truly awful and we have a manager who looks disinterested, no passion, who was an international defender but presides over a defence that is laughable. what do they do at training each day???

the drop in fans has been huge and that cant just be put down to the recession as if we had a winning team fans would find the money to go.

However our ever silent board still do nothing

Dinkydoo
26-10-2011, 09:14 PM
we have a manager who looks disinterested, no passion

I've had enough of people mouthing off about CC looking disinterested; can you give me a credible example of his disinterested(ness) - in the past few games.

The "will he, won't he"' episode in the summer aside, his reaction after every half decent result this season has been that of a man who is very interested at what is happening on the park.

He looked delighted - like the rest of us - after our first went in tonight.

Lang Toun Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Can I ask what it is that makes people think that Rod Petrie has a history of selecting the wrong manager?

Alex McLeish - successful time with Hibs, nearly kept us up and with the support of the board got us back at the first time of asking and assembled an excellent (albeit expensive) team.

Franck Sauzee - in all honesty, what Hibs fan didn't want Franck to be given a chance as our boss? Would loved it to have worked out, it didn't though but can we blame Petrie for doing what we all wanted?

Bobby Williamson - consistently got Killie punching above their weight (in my opinion) and saved us from relegation. The TV money collapse resulted in him having to bring through the youngsters a lot quicker but what a talented bunch they turned out to be - reached a cup final beating Celtic and Rangers along the way. Bad choice? Not in my opinion given the need to steady the ship and work with peanuts.

Tony Mowbray - Did an excellent job in my opinion - it was his team that won the cup.

John Collins - Took over a talented squad and won us the cup - could have got both cups but for the player revolt I think. Followed up with some really questionable purchases which didn't work out. Couldn't fault the appointment at the time and kept the momentum going from Mowbray's time with the cup win.

Mixu Paateleinen - Didn't get too much wrong really, don't think he was given long enough to shape the team in my opinion and perhaps failed as a result of the success and style of the previous two. Went on to do good things at Killie.

John Hughes - A fairly popular appointment at the time and his undoubted enthusiasm carried the club for the start of his tenure. Ran out of ideas and his questionable techniques for motivation (i.e. shouting and balling at players) lost it's effect.

Colin Calderwood - Seemed well qualified, experienced with healthy contacts. Seemed like the right person at the time - his attempts to win over the doubters is failing badly and the army of doubters is growing. Not convinced he believes anymore either. Don't get me wrong, I believe he is committed and is trying everything he can but it just doesn't seem to be working out for him...Petrie's fault? I just can't make that connection as he appears to have had a great deal of support from the board re player acquisitions. If Hibs were offered compensation for him in the summer, I think our only mistake was not taking it when it was there but to be fair, the board wanted to support him and give him time although that time appears to be running out.

I just don't get the idea that Petrie is to blame for all this - the club has been completely transformed in my time following Hibs circa 1978/9 and the transformation has only really been since the early 90's when Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie got involved.

francobaresi
26-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Can I ask what it is that makes people think that Rod Petrie has a history of selecting the wrong manager?

Alex McLeish - successful time with Hibs, nearly kept us up and with the support of the board got us back at the first time of asking and assembled an excellent (albeit expensive) team.

Franck Sauzee - in all honesty, what Hibs fan didn't want Franck to be given a chance as our boss? Would loved it to have worked out, it didn't though but can we blame Petrie for doing what we all wanted?

Bobby Williamson - consistently got Killie punching above their weight (in my opinion) and saved us from relegation. The TV money collapse resulted in him having to bring through the youngsters a lot quicker but what a talented bunch they turned out to be - reached a cup final beating Celtic and Rangers along the way. Bad choice? Not in my opinion given the need to steady the ship and work with peanuts.

Tony Mowbray - Did an excellent job in my opinion - it was his team that won the cup.

John Collins - Took over a talented squad and won us the cup - could have got both cups but for the player revolt I think. Followed up with some really questionable purchases which didn't work out. Couldn't fault the appointment at the time and kept the momentum going from Mowbray's time with the cup win.

Mixu Paateleinen - Didn't get too much wrong really, don't think he was given long enough to shape the team in my opinion and perhaps failed as a result of the success and style of the previous two. Went on to do good things at Killie.

John Hughes - A fairly popular appointment at the time and his undoubted enthusiasm carried the club for the start of his tenure. Ran out of ideas and his questionable techniques for motivation (i.e. shouting and balling at players) lost it's effect.

Colin Calderwood - Seemed well qualified, experienced with healthy contacts. Seemed like the right person at the time - his attempts to win over the doubters is failing badly and the army of doubters is growing. Not convinced he believes anymore either. Don't get me wrong, I believe he is committed and is trying everything he can but it just doesn't seem to be working out for him...Petrie's fault? I just can't make that connection as he appears to have had a great deal of support from the board re player acquisitions. If Hibs were offered compensation for him in the summer, I think our only mistake was not taking it when it was there but to be fair, the board wanted to support him and give him time although that time appears to be running out.

I just don't get the idea that Petrie is to blame for all this - the club has been completely transformed in my time following Hibs circa 1978/9 and the transformation has only really been since the early 90's when Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie got involved.

Are you Rod Petrie?:rolleyes:

Lang Toun Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh I see, that's why he is to blame...how silly of me.:aok:

Bad Martini
26-10-2011, 11:55 PM
I blame Petrie for the fact he selected the last three managers who have all done nothing.

Sick of hearing about this "transitional" period. The fact is Petrie and his pals hold and controll The purse strings and do the hiring and firing.

When did we last look good or exciting or win anything...????

No time recently....last incumbent has been the worst so far. Who is to blame for resourcing if not Petrie and his pals???? :confused:

Dalianwanda
27-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I've had enough of people mouthing off about CC looking disinterested; can you give me a credible example of his disinterested(ness) - in the past few games.

The "will he, won't he"' episode in the summer aside, his reaction after every half decent result this season has been that of a man who is very interested at what is happening on the park.

He looked delighted - like the rest of us - after our first went in tonight.

:agree:

I dont think he's disinterested, I have my doubts regarding what he can do to change things...And Billy Brown is his side kick...If you read half the posts on the board its him thats running the team now..He does show passion, so should he manage? I dont think so either.. It's a capitulation today, I blame the players..We had chances, we f@"ked up in defence and attack..Individual mistakes and basically not being good enough..

Dalianwanda
27-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I blame Petrie for the fact he selected the last three managers who have all done nothing.

Sick of hearing about this "transitional" period. The fact is Petrie and his pals hold and controll The purse strings and do the hiring and firing.

When did we last look good or exciting or win anything...????

No time recently....last incumbent has been the worst so far. Who is to blame for resourcing if not Petrie and his pals???? :confused:

The majority of fans were in favour of both mixu & yogi...Just shows how tricky it can be to pick the right guy..

EasterRoad4Ever
27-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Or another way of looking at it:

McLeish - recruited to stop the club being relegated. Good manager, given lots of money.
Sauzee - MISTAKE by Petrie. To have to sack a manager after just 69 days is humiliating.
Williamson - a PANIC appointment to recover from the previous mistake. Hibs would never have appointed someone like Williamson, had we not been in dire straights.
Mowbray - and inspired appointment that defied logic and the views of most commentators. SUCCESS.
Collins - totally UNDERMINED by Petrie he agreed to meet the players behind his back. A truly awful decision, and he should have going then.
Mixu - FAILED or wasn't given enough time. Either way poor decision-making by Petrie.
Hughes - FAILED or wasn't given enough time. Either way more poor decision-making by Petrie.
Calderwood - the worst Hibs manager since Duffy. Petrie recruited him, and then UNBELIEVABLY turned down good money for him in the summer. Shocking decisions.

The fact that Sauzee, Mixu, Collins and Hughes were popular appointments with the fans is immaterial. Petrie's job was to find and recruit successful managers, and support them. He FAILED in all these cases, and has excelled himself with Calderwood.

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think you could add 3000 to an ER gate theses days even if you just left the gates open on matchday and employed a hundred people to walk around outside carrying giant boards marked 'Golf Sale'

The Modfather
27-10-2011, 11:49 AM
The majority of fans were in favour of both mixu & yogi...Just shows how tricky it can be to pick the right guy..

We're not paid to make these decisions though, or involved in the selection process.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 11:56 AM
We're not paid to make these decisions though, or involved in the selection process.

Exactly. :top marks