PDA

View Full Version : Can Hanlon Tackle

AlbertK86
26-10-2011, 08:18 PM
certainly didn't look like it tonight. Just leans against folk.
However he aint the only one.
And what do Galbraith and Stevenson bring to the party

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:20 PM
certainly didn't look like it tonight. Just leans against folk.
However he aint the only one.

Has potential but not what we need just now. Sums us up. Too soft.

lapsedhibee
26-10-2011, 08:40 PM
what do Galbraith and Stevenson bring to the party

Dancers are a good thing at a party and Stevenson did several complicated wee dance routines, all to try to get the ball on to the one foot he can kick with.

Dalkeith Hibee
26-10-2011, 09:11 PM

And what do Palsson and Osbourne give to the team exactly?

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Hanlon's attempted tackle/block on Forrest before Celtic's equaliser was embarrassing.

Twiglet
26-10-2011, 09:57 PM
As I said on another thread, I think, he stands off them like Caldwell does, which has proved time and time again doesn't work. The attacking player shouldn't be allowed to get the shot into the box. He shouldn't have the room to get anything away in front of him, only behind him.

AlbertK86
27-10-2011, 07:39 AM
And what do Palsson and Osbourne give to the team exactly? Totally agree re Palsson. It would appear to be a stinking attitude that is holding him back. However i thought Ozzy was excellent when Agogo was on but struggled due to a lack of support after that

down the slope
27-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Like a few in recent times he looked good when he first came into the side but a series of bad coaches has led to him going backwards in his football development.

calumb
27-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Totally agree re Palsson. It would appear to be a stinking attitude that is holding him back. However i thought Ozzy was excellent when Agogo was on but struggled due to a lack of support after that

Agogo only went off for the last 15 minutes, Osbourne had given up even trying long before that.
On the original point, Hanlon should never be allowed to play left back against a tricky winger with a bit of pace as i think the
memories of messi come flooding back and he panics. Not his fault but his manager should know this.

Beefster
27-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Hanlon's rubbish. End of story. If he had been bought from a Championship club rather than come through the system, we'd be moaning about how there was better available for the money.

Chris Hogg in a younger body IMHO.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Hanlon's rubbish. End of story. If he had been bought from a Championship club rather than come through the system, we'd be moaning about how there was better available for the money.

Chris Hogg in a younger body IMHO.

Wouldn't argue with that sentiment. Most overrated player in a long time.

AlbertK86
27-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Every team targets the left side of our defence and succeeds. Desperately needs sorted

PeeJay
27-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Every team targets the left side of our defence and succeeds. Desperately needs sorted

The way I see it: if they come down our left, we're in trouble, if they come down the right, we're in trouble, if they come down the middle we're in trouble - never seen such a badly organised team that shows absolutely no signs of becoming organised...and Hanlon can tackle, just not very well!

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Surely to God if every other team can see that, depending on who's in left midfield, the left back position is the area to exploit, our manager can see that too? And if not, why not? And if so, why hasn't he tried to change it?

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Booth have all had their early promise all but knocked out of them. It can't be a coincidence.

PeeJay
27-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Booth have all had their early promise all but knocked out of them. It can't be a coincidence.

That would seem to point to poor coaching/man management skills at ER - our young talent is simply not progressing.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 09:07 AM
The way I see it: if they come down our left, we're in trouble, if they come down the right, we're in trouble, if they come down the middle we're in trouble - never seen such a badly organised team that shows absolutely no signs of becoming organised...and Hanlon can tackle, just not very well!

:agree: Clean sheets are what you get in a nuns bedroom, not easter road under the clueless one. Who would put money on us not conceding a goal in any game?:rolleyes:

Beefster
27-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Possibly not but the hysteria/hype amongst the Hibs fans whenever a young player breaks into the first team and plays okay in the first couple of games doesn't help IMO. We had Wotherspoon and Booth sold for millions before they had played 10 games.

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Possibly not but the hysteria/hype amongst the Hibs fans whenever a young player breaks into the first team and plays okay in the first couple of games doesn't help IMO. We had Wotherspoon and Booth sold for millions before they had played 10 games.

No doubt people have gone over the top at times, I've often stated on here in the past that I thought people were going overboard about Booth, and I remember having to defend Yogi to a poster who took issue with him saying (at the start of 2009-10) that if we got offered £3.5M for Wotherspoon he would take it (!) People have gone over the score on the value of our players since the £5.5M we got for Brown, some of the values quoted for Bamba going into the last year of his contract were laughable.

Regardless, those 3 have shown more than enough to confirm that they would be good enough to be first team regulars for us for a number of years, at least. It was interesting to note that it was BB who addressed Wotherspoon's lack of confidence recently - why had the manager not picked up on this previously? Especially when he continued to play him.