PDA

View Full Version : Victor Palsson

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Think he deserves a thread of his own.

This guy is everything wrong with Hibernian FC at this point in time. Unprofessional and a lot worse a player than he seems to think he is. He moaned about playing right back and tonight he got played in his favoured position. Well Vic, you're pretty crap in centre midfield aswell. :bye:

Elephant Stone
26-10-2011, 08:15 PM
He must have talent somewhere, he's clearly not interested at the moment though and he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team before he can complete maybe just a couple of 5 yard passes per match. Awful performance, again.

Mark79
26-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Totally agree. Glad his contract is up this summer. Boy is honking.

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 08:17 PM
He was a disgrace. He does not care, he does not try, he cannot pass. Compare and contrast with Osbourne who rarely loses possession next to him.

We've been patient but he has nothing we need.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2011, 08:17 PM
He was poor but playing in there with just Ozzy for help, he was always on a hiding to nothing

PaulSmith
26-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Think he deserves a thread of his own.

This guy is everything wrong with Hibernian FC at this point in time. Unprofessional and a lot worse a player than he seems to think he is. He moaned about playing right back and tonight he got played in his favoured position. Well Vic, you're pretty crap in centre midfield aswell. :bye:

110% by the way. Worse than Rankin & McBride.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Great first couple of games. We have managed to knock that out of him.

He was hitting sixty yard passes with the outside of the foot and thundering into tackles. He's a total shadow of that now.

erin go bragh
26-10-2011, 08:27 PM

He was hitting sixty yard passes with the outside of the foot and thundering into tackles. He's a total shadow of that now.

Agreed , if i remember right , everyone on here saying to enjoy him as we wont have him for long as he will be playing in the epl ?
So what has happened ?

GGTTH

steakbake
26-10-2011, 08:30 PM
he was the poorest of the poor tonight. but we know he can play. being put in positions he's not happy with doesn't help with the confidence. that excuse aside I can't believe a good player goes bad for no reason.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:32 PM
he was the poorest of the poor tonight. but we know he can play. being put in positions he's not happy with doesn't help. that excuse aside I can't believe a good player goes bad for no reason.

On the balance he doesn't seem to be a good player though. I mean De Graaf had more decent games for us! Maybe he just played out his skin first couple of games as he has been garbage since.

hiberactive
26-10-2011, 08:32 PM
He was bad but what about Hanlon???This guy gets away with murder every week,terrible defender.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Agreed , if i remember right , everyone on here saying to enjoy him as we wont have him for long as he will be playing in the epl ?
So what has happened ?

GGTTH

He got the Hibernian Disease. They become weak-minded, subservient, losers who think they should be playing for a bigger club, and yet are (and always have been) pretty crap to start with. Hibs player scouting is honking.

Devine
26-10-2011, 08:37 PM
As soon as I seen him step out for the second half I knew the game was up.

A truly disgraceful performance in the centre of the park, I gave him a bit grace when he was stuck at right back but it seems as though he is equally rotten wherever he plays. Total imposter and would be glad if he never kicked a ball for us again

frazeHFC
26-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Wage thief. I always liked him and on his debut i thought he would become a cult hero. But he can just walk away now and we would gain an extra man on the park.

Russdoorsfan71
26-10-2011, 08:44 PM
He was bad but what about Hanlon???This guy gets away with murder every week,terrible defender. I for one completely agree with this. Granted Hanlon isn't a left back, but he is just as poor at CB. The pundits were creaming themselves over Forrest, but Hanlon was pish tonight and gave him a free ride. Was responsible for the first 2 goals. A lot of fans seem to forgo this though and he seems to avoid a lot of deserved criticism!

ronaldo7
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Victor lost possesion a few times in the first hal,f and we nearly lost a goal from one of them. He was a waste of space with Ozzy trying to cover for him all over the place.

See ye Vic:taxi

3pm
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
He's ran his race I'm afraid.

He's far better than he has shown. His confidence is shot to bits and is another that has failed to fulfil his potential.

While I appreciate he has to take some responsibility, how can we have so many examples of players in the same boat? It's not coincidence.

SteveHFC
26-10-2011, 09:06 PM
The guy is rubbish. Get him to ****.

snooky
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Victor lost possesion a few times in the first hal,f and we nearly lost a goal from one of them. He was a waste of space with Ozzy trying to cover for him all over the place.

See ye Vic:taxi

That's bad enough but it's his stroll in the park after losing possession that does my head in.
No place in the team laziness when we're already stuggling.
Victor - an inapt name if ever there was one.

EVENTUALLY
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM

Spot on, however our wonderful manager has eroded his confidence by regularly changing his position between Right Back and Right Half and has clearly coached him to restrict his tackling and to stay on his feet. But CC is a f*$@ up manager because he's done the same thing with Wotherspoon and Booth. These are 3 young players that along with Osborne should the basis of a good footballing side at Easter Road. Palsson was rank tonight, no doubt about it but the single biggest problem affecting our players is the manager and his inability to recognise the players strengths and play them in their best positions regularly to get the best out of them.

Get rid of Calderwood and watch these players flourish.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2011, 09:24 PM
"Primadonna" Pallson is *****.

He kept giving the ball away in the 1st half and was to blame for their 1st goal, which completely changed the game.

We are a poor side and have a poor squad - depressing times.

J-C
26-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Has he not just got himself embroiled in the drinking nightclub culture at ER and in Edinburgh, seem to remember a wee story bout him drinking etc :confused:

essexhibee
26-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Another one succombs to the drinking culture. Well done victor on pissing it away.

Purehibee_MYB
26-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Simply the main reason we lost tonight, his bad pass resulted in their first goal in the 46th minute...heads were down for the rest of the game...Dunno where he's gone wrong?! :confused:

hibs_123
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
I am glad i am not the only one who thought he was terrible the night, cant pass 5 yards and lost possesion which lead to the first goal..

Poor performance from him

ac1
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
How long has he been at Hibs?

Being serious I have never seen this guy have a decent game for us...................................

Was not at his first couple of games so maybe that explains it :confused:

lucky
26-10-2011, 09:39 PM
"Primadonna" Pallson is *****.

He kept giving the ball away in the 1st half and was to blame for their 1st goal, which completely changed the game.

We are a poor side and have a poor squad - depressing times.

100% agree he is a very poor player who is playing poorly

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Simply the main reason we lost tonight, his bad pass resulted in their first goal in the 46th minute...heads were down for the rest of the game...Dunno where he's gone wrong?! :confused:

.....and the defence's attempts to stop Celtic's equaliser and further goals was so much better? Palsson was poor but Murray and Hanlon were posted missing for most of the game. Stephens got pass marks and that says it all.

LeithBoozy
26-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Time to get some of the young lads in, they cant be any worse than what we are watching, you would be guaranteed of 100% effort from them.

snooky
26-10-2011, 09:47 PM
.....and the defence's attempts to stop Celtic's equaliser and further goals was so much better? Palsson was poor but Murray and Hanlon were posted missing for most of the game. Stephens got pass marks and that says it all.

Re the fourth goal, I thought Nid tried to play the player offside as he would have lost the race for the through ball.
Pity he didn't quite manage it. The game was over by then anyway.

wazoo1875
26-10-2011, 09:50 PM
The lad is pish, couldnae run a bath nevermind a game of football, how he is allowed to breath the same fresh air as us is a mystery to me. Shoot the imposter now, cheeky ****er even had the audacity to applaud us as he sauntered off the field. Piss off back to Iceland Vic.

ackeygraham
26-10-2011, 09:57 PM

Couldnt agree more, dont get to be at liverpool for nothing but we have since knocked that out of him.

Albion Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Palsson was very poor tonight, and more often that not is at the root of us losing games. I have to look back and wonder when these games that he was so good in were. I was sitting there tonight thinking about people raving about him and Scott after there debuts against Utd..the spraying of passes, the next Scott Brown...neither could have ever been further from the truth. I saw Palsson put in one good challange in front of the west stand and by in large that is the most he has contributed.

To be honest, I would far rather have Stevenson or Scott playing in there. Both are more honest and will try harder, if he is playing as a DM and sitting behind the ball then he does not need to be attempting the backheals he does or the stupid passes that are never in a million years on. If I can see that from the back of the west then I have no idea what makes him think he can make that pass.

There is a reason the guy could not get a game for Dagenham and Redbridge, he is above his current level of ability. He is still on the younger side of life, so maybe he can become a better player. But lets be honest, he could not care less about being a better player at Hibs IMO.

matty_f
26-10-2011, 10:08 PM
A basic pass not completed let Celtc back into the game tonight. Palsson's mistake cost us big style, and his passing throughout was poor. If he thinks he's too good for Hibs then he's got a huge wake up call coming, because on recent showings nobody is going to be battering down his door to sign him if and when we eventually show him the door.

Crab apple
26-10-2011, 11:00 PM
A basic pass not completed let Celtc back into the game tonight. Palsson's mistake cost us big style, and his passing throughout was poor. If he thinks he's too good for Hibs then he's got a huge wake up call coming, because on recent showings nobody is going to be battering down his door to sign him if and when we eventually show him the door.

:agree: I think it was also him who lost his man for the Celtic goal from the corner.

Bayern Bru
26-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Remember after his first game when everyone was commenting on how we'd be lucky to hold onto him past Christmas?

Was that because he did indeed play a blinder or was what we had before so bad that Palsson looked world class?

lapsedhibee
26-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Remember after his first game when everyone was commenting on how we'd be lucky to hold onto him past Christmas?

Was that because he did indeed play a blinder or was what we had before so bad that Palsson looked world class?

VP did genuinely play superbly against St Midden in his second game, when we were looking like serious relegation candidates. He genuinely boosted the whole team. At a stretch you could argue that his performance and the consequent result of that match set us off on the run which saved us from going down.

But that was then.

SouthamptonHibs
26-10-2011, 11:35 PM
he is Brutal...i have no further comments

basehibby
27-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I thought, like most of the team he had a pretty good 1st half - but the mis-pass to gift Celtic their opener was a disaster - obviously has a lot of learning and striving to do yet if he wants to really make it in the game - pissing in nightclubs not an option!

Posh Swanny
27-10-2011, 08:42 AM
He was bad but what about Hanlon???This guy gets away with murder every week,terrible defender.

He came through the youth ranks and that always buys you and extra couple of years with the fans. Despite being more than a year older than Palsson, Hanlon is still regarded as a youngster while Palsson is expected to be much closer to the finished article. If we'd have signed Hanlon from elsewhere his confidence would have been totally destroyed by the fans by now as well.

Stevie Reid
27-10-2011, 09:01 AM
We almost conceded every time he gave the ball away last night - and that was a lot.

Awful.

Paisley Hibby
27-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Spot on, however our wonderful manager has eroded his confidence by regularly changing his position between Right Back and Right Half and has clearly coached him to restrict his tackling and to stay on his feet. But CC is a f*$@ up manager because he's done the same thing with Wotherspoon and Booth. These are 3 young players that along with Osborne should the basis of a good footballing side at Easter Road. Palsson was rank tonight, no doubt about it but the single biggest problem affecting our players is the manager and his inability to recognise the players strengths and play them in their best positions regularly to get the best out of them.

Get rid of Calderwood and watch these players flourish.

totally agree with you on this.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 09:24 AM
So what has happened ?

GGTTH

What's happened? Well if you believe some he's 'billy big baws'. He was a decent player when he arrived, no doubt. He must wonder what an earth he's done to end up here, is what I reckon. He's still a teenager, and he's finding it tough. But the lynch mob are out for him now.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 09:25 AM
He came through the youth ranks and that always buys you and extra couple of years with the fans. Despite being more than a year older than Palsson, Hanlon is still regarded as a youngster while Palsson is expected to be much closer to the finished article. If we'd have signed Hanlon from elsewhere his confidence would have been totally destroyed by the fans by now as well.

:applause: Nail on Head.

SlickShoes
27-10-2011, 09:27 AM
We almost conceded every time he gave the ball away last night - and that was a lot.

Awful.

Yep, even in our "great" first half he was totally honking, he just about gifted celtc two goals, only to be saved by the woodwork/poor finishing.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 09:29 AM

What evidence is there that he thinks he's too good? He arrived a decent player and now isn't. Who's fault is this?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 09:30 AM
I cant understand why he went from superb to crap so quickly? Maybe its youth, maybe its billy bigbaws syndrome, i just dont know?

The player we got in those first couple of games was superb, and says to me there is a player in there.

How do you get that player back, who knows, BUT and it is a big but, there is a player there, hopefully he realises it and can get back to those performances.

johnrebus
27-10-2011, 09:38 AM
I cant understand why he went from superb to crap so quickly? Maybe its youth, maybe its billy bigbaws syndrome, i just dont know?
The player we got in those first couple of games was superb, and says to me there is a player in there.

How do you get that player back, who knows, BUT and it is a big but, there is a player there, hopefully he realises it and can get back to those performances.

I think that the clue was when he was dropped from the Iceland squad for the U21 European Championships.

If there is a player in there - we will never see at Easter Road, that's for sure.

:boo hoo:

Bayern Bru
27-10-2011, 09:43 AM
What evidence is there that he thinks he's too good? He arrived a decent player and now isn't. Who's fault is this?

Petrie's. :wink:

Devine
27-10-2011, 09:58 AM

What evidence do we have that he is a good player!? Because he played a couple of good games against rank rotten opposition with the buzz of being in a new place doesnt merit branding him a decent player. I'd rather judge him over the course of his Hibs career and from that we can easily identify that hes murder

hibsbollah
27-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I cant understand why he went from superb to crap so quickly? Maybe its youth, maybe its billy bigbaws syndrome, i just dont know?The player we got in those first couple of games was superb, and says to me there is a player in there.How do you get that player back, who knows, BUT and it is a big but, there is a player there, hopefully he realises it and can get back to those performances. He looked good in his first couple of games. No different from De Graaf really. Both poor players, both benefitted from Hibs' patience and leniency in being allowed to play so many games before we realised what we'd done.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 10:08 AM
He looked good in his first couple of games. No different from De Graaf really. Both poor players, both benefitted from Hibs' patience and leniency in being allowed to play so many games before we realised what we'd done.

You could be right.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 10:09 AM
What evidence do we have that he is a good player!? Because he played a couple of good games against rank rotten opposition with the buzz of being in a new place doesnt merit branding him a decent player. I'd rather judge him over the course of his Hibs career and from that we can easily identify that hes murder

He's 19. An Iceland U21 and a Captain of Liverpool Reserves. He arrived and played well, since then it's been a downward curve. Nothing to do with Caldo, nothing to do with Hibs of course. No, he's managed to fake it until he arrived at Easter Road, but the laptop hardmen and boo boys have sussed him well out.

As someone else said Hanlon is older and just as bad.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 10:10 AM
He looked good in his first couple of games. No different from De Graaf really. Both poor players, both benefitted from Hibs' patience and leniency in being allowed to play so many games before we realised what we'd done.

I would argue De Graff never looked good. A unique running-in-clogs style didn't do it for me.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 10:11 AM
He's 19. An Iceland U21 and a Captain of Liverpool Reserves. He arrived and played well, since then it's been a downward curve. Nothing to do with Caldo, nothing to do with Hibs of course. No, he's managed to fake it until he arrived at Easter Road, but the laptop hardmen and boo boys have sussed him well out.

As someone else said Hanlon is older and just as bad.

Some very good points, and a mystery why he's been so poor for such a long time?

matty_f
27-10-2011, 11:01 AM
What's happened? Well if you believe some he's 'billy big baws'. He was a decent player when he arrived, no doubt. He must wonder what an earth he's done to end up here, is what I reckon. He's still a teenager, and he's finding it tough. But the lynch mob are out for him now.

I was actually saying something similar this morning to the wife when we were talking about the game, and Palsson's role in it. There's a very real chance that he's not settled at the club - the stories - IIRC one comment was posted by .sean. who is friends with Callum Booth, said something along the lines of the players don't think much of Palsson because he has the billy big baws attitude, and IIRC this was added to by comments about Calderwood not liking the attitude as well (though I don't remember who posted that, whether it was .sean. or someone else).

It would be hard at a club if you've not got friends in the dressing room, and would definitely contribute to a drop in form, IMHO.

The only evidence, as mentioned above, is anecdotal stuff on here, hence the reason I put the "if" in my post - I'm in no position to say one way or the other if he has such an attitude or not.

hibsbollah
27-10-2011, 11:30 AM
He's 19. An Iceland U21 and a Captain of Liverpool Reserves.Sorry, are these two facts supposed to be evidence of his quality? Colin Murdoch won 34 caps for Northern Ireland, so what?And labelling his critics as 'internet hardmen' and 'boo boys' is a bit daft, isnt it?As to the 'does he have attitude' question, its fairly easy to make an educated guess by watching him on the pitch. If he's a committed team player hes done a good job disguising it.

PatHead
27-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I remember saying we had found a future star when he first arrived. He was so much better than we had seen in midfield for some time. His form did dip slightly last season but there were signs he was a player. Since he was dropped by Iceland U21s for the finals he hasn't kicked a ball. It is almost like he has lost interest and any enthusiasm for the game. We have to remember he is only 19, he is in a foreign land, his career is not going as he would have wanted when he signed for Liverpool. Put yourself in his shoes at 19.

There probably is a player in there but this is where good management comes in. He needs his confidence re-built, his enthusism restored, manager finding out what makes him tick and asking him who he wants to play for next year (Dagenham in 2nd division or a decent Championship side) It is up to him. His career could make or break over the next few months and older hands should help him get to where he wants to be.

Yet again the management at the club seems to be the problem and Paulson, as much as anyone, shows why we need a good manager bringing out the best in the players as most of the players seem rudderless at this time.

LancashireHibby
27-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I remember saying we had found a future star when he first arrived. He was so much better than we had seen in midfield for some time. His form did dip slightly last season but there were signs he was a player. Since he was dropped by Iceland U21s for the finals he hasn't kicked a ball. It is almost like he has lost interest and any enthusiasm for the game. We have to remember he is only 19, he is in a foreign land, his career is not going as he would have wanted when he signed for Liverpool. Put yourself in his shoes at 19.

There probably is a player in there but this is where good management comes in. He needs his confidence re-built, his enthusism restored, manager finding out what makes him tick and asking him who he wants to play for next year (Dagenham in 2nd division or a decent Championship side) It is up to him. His career could make or break over the next few months and older hands should help him get to where he wants to be.

Yet again the management at the club seems to be the problem and Paulson, as much as anyone, shows why we need a good manager bringing out the best in the players as most of the players seem rudderless at this time.

Probably not far off the mark there.

Franck is God
27-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try not to be too harsh on Palsson, he played for 60 minutes last night and apart from two dreadful passes, one which resulted in Stokes hitting the post and the second led to their equalizer he was reasonably effective in the game.

Where I thought we went wrong was only playing him and Osbourne against Key, Ledley & Kayal. For all that O'Connor, Agogo, Griffiths, Sproule ran about a lot they provided very little defensive cover which meant both Mathews and Wison got free reign all night to attack at will meaning both Spoony & Hanlon were most of the time faced with 2 Celtic players when defending.

I'm not letting him off though, he made the mistake in the first half and all the players rallied round him to gee him up but when he did it again I would have taken him off there and then.

And to those using this thread to have a go at Hanlon, have a look at the highlights on the BBC site and see just how isolated he was the whole time, he's not a natural full back but is playing there to accomodate Murray in the team. The Celtic equalizer is a perfect example of what he's having to do, he goes to challenge the Celtic player on the edge of the box because Murray is standing 5 yards inside the box doing nothing, its played wide to Forrest who he then goes to challenge and is beaten, Murray still hasn't actually moved.

I will not blindly back players simply because I like them and will admit when they are poor but I'm happy to defend Hanlon for last nights performance.

superfurryhibby
27-10-2011, 12:00 PM

I agree that Palsson was excellent for us when he arrived. He helped turn around a team that was struggling and I don't think it was just good luck. Funilly enough another youngster, Calum Booth also looked superb during that phase of the winning run and look what's happened to him. Both are still young laddies learning their trade and both have their confidence levels shot to pieces. LIke Booth, I'm confident Palsson will be a decent player, he needs time and support. It might help if he does play where he's most confortable, in centre mid.

Franck is God
27-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Don't want this to sound like I'm having a go at you but sometimes this kind of instant reaction to a player can be part of the problem. When he arrived we had a hugely ineffectual midfield and he added height, strength and a bit of pace that wasn't there before, we were also playing with a four/five man midfield which included Liam Miller. (who was far more important to the team than many gave him credit for) There were guys on this board after that St Mirren match saying that the club should be tying him down to a 5 year deal and the Prem clubs would be looking to get him for free if we don't, he had a good game that night but nothing tio be carried away with.

I rarely make up my mind about a player until I've seen them for a good number of games, you can see flashes of what they are capable of in a single match but thats why scouts will watch players several times and not once.

Palsson has the ability to be a good midfielder at SPL/League 1/Lower Championship level, if he was any better than that Liverpool would not have released him at only 19 and he'd probably not be at Hibs.

ehf
27-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Palsson might as well have been wearing a Celtic strip last night - absolute disgrace. Not that he'd have given a flying **** when he was getting boozed up, smoking tabs and chasing skirt in George St later on...

PatHead
27-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't take any offence or feel you are having a go. I can relate to what you are saying and have often said the same myself. Have seen dozens over the years that have set the heather on fire and never carried it on.

But I did genuinely see something in this guy with his cv backing it up and still think it is there somewhere. He needs managed properly to bring the best out of him Funnily enough last player I felt had a really great unfulfilled potential at Hibs was Liam Miller. He started really well and just lost interest or didn't do what he was capable of doing ie running the midfield. Oh to have a creative midfield player who could split a defence now!

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry, are these two facts supposed to be evidence of his quality? Colin Murdoch won 34 caps for Northern Ireland, so what?And labelling his critics as 'internet hardmen' and 'boo boys' is a bit daft, isnt it?As to the 'does he have attitude' question, its fairly easy to make an educated guess by watching him on the pitch. If he's a committed team player hes done a good job disguising it.

So he managed to fake it with Liverpool and Iceland? Right got that.

silverhibee
27-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I was actually saying something similar this morning to the wife when we were talking about the game, and Palsson's role in it. There's a very real chance that he's not settled at the club - the stories - IIRC one comment was posted by .sean. who is friends with Callum Booth, said something along the lines of the players don't think much of Palsson because he has the billy big baws attitude, and IIRC this was added to by comments about Calderwood not liking the attitude as well (though I don't remember who posted that, whether it was .sean. or someone else).

It would be hard at a club if you've not got friends in the dressing room, and would definitely contribute to a drop in form, IMHO.

The only evidence, as mentioned above, is anecdotal stuff on here, hence the reason I put the "if" in my post - I'm in no position to say one way or the other if he has such an attitude or not.

I am sure he has friends in the changing room Matty, maybe not as many now after last nights performance as he seemed to p**s off a few of his team mates after celtcs first goal, Ivan gave him a bollocking and big Gaz had words with him too, it seemed to go right over Palssons head as it seemed he really didn't give a toss, its that ignorance from him that i think the players are not too keen on him, i have been in his company in the town and he can be very billy big time, he thinks he is the bees and eees, maybe he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror and get rid of the nasty attitude he has and maybe he will get on better with his teammates.

My opinion of him is he is just another crap player who thinks he is some sort of top player who has done it all, when in fact he has done nothing.

Did he have a loan spell at another club before arriving at Hibs. ?

PatHead
27-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I am sure he has friends in the changing room Matty, maybe not as many now after last nights performance as he seemed to p**s off a few of his team mates after celtcs first goal, Ivan gave him a bollocking and big Gaz had words with him too, it seemed to go right over Palssons head as it seemed he really didn't give a toss, its that ignorance from him that i think the players are not too keen on him, i have been in his company in the town and he can be very billy big time, he thinks he is the bees and eees, maybe he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror and get rid of the nasty attitude he has and maybe he will get on better with his teammates.

My opinion of him is he is just another crap player who thinks he is some sort of top player who has done it all, when in fact he has done nothing.

Did he have a loan spell at another club before arriving at Hibs. ?

The mighty Dagenham and Redbridge though he didn't get much game time

Devine
27-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Firstly because I think he's murder and shouldn't be playing makes me a keyboard hard man how exactly!? Aye thought so another comment in line with the drivel that you are spouting here.

In response to your comments yes he played for Liverpool youth teams any chance he may have been let go as he came nowhere close to meeting the potential someone seen in him when he was probably 15/16? John Rankin was at man utd need I say anymore?

As for Iceland U21's I seen them play a few times mainly in the euros am I correct in saying he didn't even make the squad when there were several players playing in the mighty Icelandic league in there instead?

Id rather base my opinion on a player on what I see on a consistent basis and from that ive decided he's useless. I apologise whole heartedly if this doesn't meet with your cv based opinion

marleyhib
27-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I think we have broken him, especially Calderwood by playing him at right back.

Very, very short on confidence.

GreenPJ
27-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I think we have broken him, especially Calderwood by playing him at right back.

Very, very short on confidence.

Short on confidence should not justify being unable to pass the ball 5 yards to a fellow team mate on numerous occasions. Low confidence would account for him not getting tight on a man hiding behind opposition players so he is not open for a pass and just walking away from the thrower every time we had a shy.

sbell1875
27-10-2011, 06:32 PM

I've of the opinion that his confidence was completely shattered by being played completely out of position at the start of this season. I was a big admirer of him from last season, indeed one of the very few plus points of last season but this term he has looked completely dis-interested. This is a criticism I'd label a number of first team players with also.

After each goal last night at no point did anyone on the pitch attempt to inspire his team mates or install a bit of passion. Furthermore, and by far the most shocking thing, not a single bit of encouragement from the dug-out. This is a criticism I have cited against Calderwood on a number of occasions.

My own opinion is that he should have gone after the Ayr United cup game last season and I am absolutely stunned he is still in employment on October 27th.

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:36 PM
His heart really isn't in it.. he's pretty sh*** in my opinion.

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Firstly because I think he's murder and shouldn't be playing makes me a keyboard hard man how exactly!? Aye thought so another comment in line with the drivel that you are spouting here.

In response to your comments yes he played for Liverpool youth teams any chance he may have been let go as he came nowhere close to meeting the potential someone seen in him when he was probably 15/16? John Rankin was at man utd need I say anymore?

As for Iceland U21's I seen them play a few times mainly in the euros am I correct in saying he didn't even make the squad when there were several players playing in the mighty Icelandic league in there instead?

Id rather base my opinion on a player on what I see on a consistent basis and from that ive decided he's useless. I apologise whole heartedly if this doesn't meet with your cv based opinion

Comments like yours and some of the language used about a young 19 year old laddie are the drivel, IMHO. The fact is some people (like you) come on here and write things you wouldn't dream of saying to the players face (hiding behind the laptop) and Easter Road too has far too many negative people who need a victim to vent their anger and frustration at . Thankfully I don't sit around them, but I know they're there. As a result we get the players we deserve; ER must be a miserable place to play.

I've already said the lad played badly last night, very badly (he knows that) but he definitely had something about him as you simply don't get far as he did without having something. Maybe this is the end of his career, who knows - but I don't just look at his CV, I recall how he played for Iceland at ER and when he first arrived.

Hope this clarifies.

Alfred E Newman
27-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Palsson was poor last night and has been all season but to single him out as the cause of all our woes is unfair. He certainly looks nothing like the player who signed in Jan and by all accounts his off field behaviour is not the best but our problems run a lot deeper than Palsson.

Devine
27-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Comments like yours and some of the language used about a young 19 year old laddie are the drivel, IMHO. The fact is some people (like you) come on here and write things you wouldn't dream of saying to the players face (hiding behind the laptop) and Easter Road too has far too many negative people who need a victim to vent their anger and frustration at . Thankfully I don't sit around them, but I know they're there. As a result we get the players we deserve; ER must be a miserable place to play.

I've already said the lad played badly last night, very badly (he knows that) but he definitely had something about him as you simply don't get far as he did without having something. Maybe this is the end of his career, who knows - but I don't just look at his CV, I recall how he played for Iceland at ER and when he first arrived.

Hope this clarifies.

Aye ok it's the fans fault that he can't pass the ball 5 yds good one. Your quite correct I wouldn't go out my way to tell him he's not good enough in everyday life however if he asked I certainly wouldn't lie about it. Just because I wouldn't go up to his face and tell him what I think doesn't mean I can't discuss it on a dedicated hibs forum or that it's any more or less true.

Hope this clarifies

Sunny Leith
28-10-2011, 12:27 PM

He was dropped from the Iceland team quick enough.

Liverpool obviously saw some potential in him however judging by the fact they let him go when he was 18 shows he was never going to be good enough to make it.

Lots of players start of at huge clubs, it doesn't mean they will become great players. As someone said before Murdoch was at Man United as was John Rankin!

These players are signed on long term deals when they are 14/15, I would have thought a large chunk don't even make it to another professional team.

Cropley10
28-10-2011, 01:13 PM
He was dropped from the Iceland team quick enough.

Liverpool obviously saw some potential in him however judging by the fact they let him go when he was 18 shows he was never going to be good enough to make it.

Lots of players start of at huge clubs, it doesn't mean they will become great players. As someone said before Murdoch was at Man United as was John Rankin!

These players are signed on long term deals when they are 14/15, I would have thought a large chunk don't even make it to another professional team.

So until he joined Hibs he was an Iceland U21 international. When he joined Hibs it became apparent he wasn't actually any good really. Obviously if you are at Liverpool you need to be exceptional to get in to the First team, so most of their players will move on.

Albion Hibs
28-10-2011, 06:33 PM

Hope this clarifies.

Exactly how far did he get? he never touched a ball worth anything at Liverpool, in fact I would go as far as to say they probably did not even know his name, and he could did not get his game for Dagenham & Redbridge.

I also need someone to tell me what he has done since he came to ER, all this he was "great when he arrived" stuff I cannot understand.I have seen him do nothing, so what were these games he was so good in?

For what it is worth, in part i think he is a victum of the fans, not the manager or anything else. He came through the door and him and Scott where the next Scott Brown before they even warmed up at Utd. after one shot straight at there keeper "he looks amazing", "how are we going to keep celtic away"....based on 45 mins...a bit like booth (anyone seeing a patter here with the effect we have on our own players). As fans we build players up based on nothing and then tear them to the ground with the typical easter road booing and abuse that we like to serve up to players wearing a hibs jersey. The other part is his attitude is pash, up the town with his jambo mate after a derby defeat strutting round like he is a player, it could not be further from the truth.

Maybe he will become and alright player, and as long as he is in a Hibs jersey I hope he does, but not without changing his attitude first and foremost.