PDA

View Full Version : St.Mirren win - another false dawn.

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Absolutely appalling result yet again, CC & Petrie :taxi

Hibernia Na Eir
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
But Hibs weren't good vs St Mirren.
just papered the cracks again....

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 08:09 PM
just papered the cracks again....my point exactly.

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 08:13 PM
just papered the cracks again....:top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
26-10-2011, 08:16 PM
it'll remain like this until Petrie remains at the helm.
get used to it.

Liberal Hibby
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
it'll remain like this until Petrie remains at the helm.
get used to it.

Like it was when we won the trophy? Or when Mowbray was manager?

essexhibee
26-10-2011, 09:38 PM
As another posted said, one of our 1in5 wins that will keep us afloat....just.

Albion Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:16 PM
You do realise we were playing against Celtic?

Since when did we become so good that we expect to win these games.

Dalkeith
26-10-2011, 10:24 PM

And i remember when we used to give any team a hard game at ER, now any team come to ER knowing they can easily win

Albion Hibs
26-10-2011, 10:27 PM
And i remember when we used to give any team a hard game at ER, now any team come to ER knowing they can easily win

I am sure that the celtic players, like many of there fans will be thinking how the **** did we win that 4-1. The second half was poor, but if you think they were not think we are in bother at the end of the first half then you are kidding yourself.

PS I remember when chomps were 10p, they are not anymore, sometime you just have to get over things.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2011, 07:46 AM

You do realise that we haven't been playing Celtic in every game?

Spike Mandela
27-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I am sure that the celtic players, like many of there fans will be thinking how the **** did we win that 4-1. The second half was poor, but if you think they were not think we are in bother at the end of the first half then you are kidding yourself.

PS I remember when chomps were 10p, they are not anymore, sometime you just have to get over things.

WHAT! They're not 10p anymore?

Pete
28-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Absolutely appalling result yet again, CC & Petrie :taxi

It might seem that way because that was a good win.

However, lets analyse some performances before that and see.

Dundee United 3-3...done the business.

StJ. at home 3-2...Our nuts were on the ground confidence wise but we done the business against a team who are high in the table!

Huns...played well by all accounts. Unlucky to lose.

Motherwell...Celtic had lost earlier in the day and they had the best team talk in the world. Second was theirs and they could stretch their lead if they beat us. Think about it...no wonder they were supercharged...and lets not forget that this was the team that put them out on penalties.

St Mirren...Mediocre but flashes of brilliance win us the game.

Celtic. First half was great. We unsettled them and looked good. However, I think everyone knew that Celtic would get a rocket up the erse at half time and would come out a different team. All we had to do was hold them off for ten minutes and I think they would have let their heads go down but they done well and scored.

Lets be honest, that Celtic team is the best in the league by a mile but only when they get their heads up.
It's the fact that we are both such volatile teams with fragile egos, supporters and confidence that produced the result on Wednesday.
If we were one nil up against anyone else I reckon we would have seen that out....even the huns. I think we just have to take off our hats to celtic. When their tails are up their football is fantastic and they will destroy anyone in the SPL home or away.
I feel no disgrace in losing to that team that played in the second half.

Lets just see how we do against them at Parkhead. I think we will be motivated for this one. We'll play with no fear or expectation so erse-collapsing in the second half will not be an issue.

Over to you Colin and Billy.

Beefster
28-10-2011, 08:20 AM

Or get yourself to Costco. They sell boxes of them that works out less than 10p each. They are much smaller than 'the good old days'(c) though.