PDA

View Full Version : Is he trying to get sacked?

Winston Ingram
26-10-2011, 07:50 PM
These tactics are up there with Mixu's time here

Scorrie
26-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Dont think he's that clever. Just hopeless.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I wonder if he will bother playing a midfield at all on Sat?

burghhibs
26-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Think I've had enough now of him and Petrie :taxi

Onceinawhile
26-10-2011, 07:55 PM
victor pallson has been the difference. if that twat could pass you're talking about a totally different game.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2011, 07:56 PM
victor pallson has been the difference. if that twat could pass you're talking about a totally different game.

:agree: Shocking stuff.

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Another brutal showing...absolute gash

LancashireHibby
26-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Encouraging the high line against Forrest and Hooper was absolute suicide. Can't say much for the half time talk either!

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Away and dont talk crap. The game should have been finished in the 1st half. The PLAYERS threw it away in the 2nd half

HibsMax
26-10-2011, 08:04 PM
is all ifs buts and maybes but if LG did better when one on one then that two goal cushion might have helped us. Felt pretty happy after the first half but the second was pretty dire.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-10-2011, 08:04 PM
:agree: Shocking stuff.

Beyond shocking. If he tried and just wasn't very good then you might just about forgive the guy, but he thinks he is a footballer (and a billy big baws one at that). He is as poor an English import as we've had at ER in years and would struggle to hold a place in a 1st div team. Worse that that, his position means he's a liability to the team when he inevitably gives the ball away to the opposition. Get rid of him asap.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-10-2011, 08:05 PM
oh dear. that was brutally brutally awful.
Just go Calderwood. Muppet.

bingo70
26-10-2011, 08:06 PM
What a stupid thread, course he's not trying to get sacked, we were just humped by a team full of better players than we've got

Dalkeith Hibee
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
U
These tactics are up there with Mixu's time here

To compare calderwood to him is an insult to mixu. Calderwood is as bad if not worse than jim duffy and ive thought this for months.

HibsMax
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
What a stupid thread, course he's not trying to get sacked, we were just humped by a team full of better players than we've got

that about sums it up I'm afraid. And even though the game was running away from us I don't appreciate Sproule getting sent off. That was just stupid. Might as well just all walk off the pitch at that point.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Away and dont talk crap. The game should have been finished in the 1st half. The PLAYERS threw it away in the 2nd half

The formation was an accident waiting to happen. 2 in midfield against a member of the old firm. I thought the back did well to hold on as long as they did

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 08:19 PM
The formation was an accident waiting to happen. 2 in midfield against a member of the old firm. I thought the back did well to hold on as long as they didAye, but that was more down to poor finishing from Celtc in the first half :agree:

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Its over Taxi for CC :taxi

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:24 PM
The formation was an accident waiting to happen. 2 in midfield against a member of the old firm. I thought the back did well to hold on as long as they did

i think i must be one of the few on here that thinks it was only woeful finishing from sellick players in the 1st half that we went in at HT ahead, as against good defending by us.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:29 PM
i think i must be one of the few on here that thinks it was only woeful finishing from sellick players in the 1st half that we went in at HT ahead, as against good defending by us.

True. We talk about Griffiths chance but they had 3 or 4 they missed as well.

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 08:32 PM
To answer the original poster, yes.

Calderwood has wanted away for months now and will get his wish after that display.

mutley
26-10-2011, 08:35 PM
The funny ( well not that funny) thing is that I thought a 4 3 3 was brave if not stupid against Celtic, but it paid off in the first half, we looked sharp and dangerous, but it's pretty obvious that after the break, they would be a different side, we should have then went more defensive , even though we don't seem to know what defence is!

Dinkydoo
26-10-2011, 08:36 PM
The line up and tactics worked well in the first half. Best case scenario we could have been 3 goals up; worst case 2-1 to Celtic or 2-2.

Whilst I don't think CC is the man to take us forward, I don't think he can really be blamed for the players going to sleep for Celtics first goal and then proceeding to go into headless chicken overdrive after that.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:38 PM
the guy that should be the next manager of hibs is actually on BBC2 right now :agree:

Winston Ingram
26-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Aye, but that was more down to poor finishing from Celtc in the first half :agree:

It should have been but if we took a 2 or 3 goal lead do you reckon CC would have bulked up the midfield to protect it?

Saying that Celtc missed a fair few chances in the 1st half as well, particularly Stokes:agree:

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:40 PM
The line up and tactics worked well in the first half. Best case scenario we could have been 3 goals up; worst case 2-1 to Celtic or 2-2.

Whilst I don't think CC is the man to take us forward, I don't think he can really be blamed for the players going to sleep for Celtics first goal and then proceeding to go into headless chicken overdrive after that.

He can be blamed for buying the players and not replacing players that have consistently this season gone to sleep and not done the basics right.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:41 PM
the guy that should be the next manager of hibs is actually on BBC2 right now :agree:

Phil Tufnell?

hibbie02
26-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Phil Tufnell?

He couldn't be worse!

Gatecrasher
26-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Just grant the useless **** his wish

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 08:48 PM
He couldn't be worse!

Duff was worse:na na:

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2959008]Phil Tufnell?[/QUOTE

lol i was waiting on someone saying him :agree: wee gogs :wink:

sue barker would be an interesting one as well tho

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 08:50 PM
It should have been but if we took a 2 or 3 goal lead do you reckon CC would have bulked up the midfield to protect it?

Saying that Celtc missed a fair few chances in the 1st half as well, particularly Stokes:agree:CC and productive tactics....yer having a laugh, right :confused:

Hibee Hibernian
26-10-2011, 08:53 PM

Your the one talking crap......................
game should have been finished in first half..........
celtic missed 3 easy chances as well...........

Games last 90 minutes and whoever puts the ball into the oppositions goal most...........

Wins the game..............

Simple now eh? :agree:

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Saying that Celtc missed a fair few chances in the 1st half as well, particularly Stokes:agree:

CC, assuming of course that he cared, should have changed to a more defensive formation at HT as a 1-0 lead was as good as it was ever going to get but he didn't and God only knows why. The Kilmarnock game was a clue.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2011, 09:09 PM
He can be blamed for buying the players and not replacing players that have consistently this season gone to sleep and not done the basics right.

Replacing the players with who?

We had a massive clear out in the summer.......

I don't think we had that many viable options to play in defence other than the players we played tonight.

YehButNoBut
26-10-2011, 09:11 PM
@joshmcginn (https://twitter.com/#%21/joshmcginn) Josh McGinn
Sack Calderwood tomorrow and offer either Gordon Strachan or Billie Davies what they want.

Gotta agree with the above any of these 2 would be a massive improvement on CC.

Hibs need to act soon. :agree:

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Your the one talking crap......................
game should have been finished in first half..........
celtic missed 3 easy chances as well...........

Games last 90 minutes and whoever puts the ball into the oppositions goal most...........

Wins the game..............

Simple now eh? :agree:

Someone maybe should have informed tonights ref of that....

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Your the one talking crap......................game should have been finished in first half.......... celtic missed 3 easy chances as well...........Games last 90 minutes and whoever puts the ball into the oppositions goal most...........Wins the game..............Simple now eh? :agree: so were you saying the same at half time? Some bad defending cost us not the tactics tonight

mcfly
26-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Phil Tufnell?

Brilliant - best laugh tonite!!

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 09:20 PM
so were you saying the same at half time? Some bad defending cost us not the tactics tonight

For ****s sakes, a decent first half display means **** all if we concede four in the second half (and deserve to have conceded more than that).

A football game isn't decided after 45 minutes.

Stop taking the piss, that was embarrasing.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Replacing the players with who?

We had a massive clear out in the summer.......

I don't think we had that many viable options to play in defence other than the players we played tonight.

Which is my point, he should have got defenders in, we have been rank at the back for well over a year now and it wasnt addressed. O'Hanlon is murder and Towell doesnt look that much better. Players that were look decent have gone backwards (Hanlon and Booth) Having had 2 transfer windows to address the bad defence but not doing it is a problem. What are you saying? He has done all he can?

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 09:35 PM
For ****s sakes, a decent first half display means **** all if we concede four in the second half (and deserve to have conceded more than that).A football game isn't decided after 45 minutes.Stop taking the piss, that was embarrasing. Who is taking the piss? You tell me what more calderwood could have done tonight. Celtic took their chances and were the better team in the 2nd half.

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Who is taking the piss? You tell me what more calderwood could have done tonight. Celtic took their chances and were the better team in the 2nd half.

What could Calderwood have done more tonight? Honestly, this has to be asked?

Ever since he came in to the club, the defense has been AWFUL. He has had over a year and two transfer windows to sort this.

What has he done?

Brought in O'Hanlon.

Thats it.

Nothing else.

What more could CC have done tonight? What about what should CC have been doing over the past 12 months?

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Who is taking the piss? You tell me what more calderwood could have done tonight. Celtic took their chances and were the better team in the 2nd half.Mibbies bringing in better players, to start with, would be a start...for a former defender, his vision seems less than 20/20 in that dept...

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Mibbies bringing in better players, to start with, would be a start...for a former defender, his vision seems less than 20/20 in that dept... yip he should have done that in the window but i was talking about tonights game

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 09:45 PM
What could Calderwood have done more tonight? Honestly, this has to be asked?Ever since he came in to the club, the defense has been AWFUL. He has had over a year and two transfer windows to sort this.What has he done?Brought in O'Hanlon.Thats it.Nothing else.What more could CC have done tonight? What about what should CC have been doing over the past 12 months? You still havent answered the question, what could he have done differently tonight? And BTW im not a fan of his but i dont think the blame can only be directed at him tonight

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 09:47 PM
yip he should have done that in the window but i was talking about tonights game

He shouldnt have played such a high line with players like Murray that could be beaten easily with pace. playing with hardly any midfielders and Agogo in there was always going to be a problem as the game wore on, you would never get 90 mins out of him in there. Chopping and changing players and formations isnt going to help things. over a year in the job with a squad full of his own players and he still doesnt know his best 11 or where to play them.

Northernhibee
yip he should have done that in the window but i was talking about tonights game

If he'd gotten this sorted in the windows we wouldn't have this problem in tonights game.

Instead we've only got central midfielders to play right back, we've got a hugely slow centre two, and a defense devoid of any leadership whatsoever.

Dinkydoo
Which is my point, he should have got defenders in, we have been rank at the back for well over a year now and it wasnt addressed. O'Hanlon is murder and Towell doesnt look that much better. Players that were look decent have gone backwards (Hanlon and Booth) Having had 2 transfer windows to address the bad defence but not doing it is a problem. What are you saying? He has done all he can?

Hanlon and Booth IMO have played (on average) no better or worse than they were under Yogi, or in Booths case, under CC at the start of his reign. Simply that the level of expectation has increased quite dramatically on the pair of them.

The January transfer window he did what he could and brought in a couple of average players, somehow managing to get us on a little run which saved us from relegation.

Towell looked decent enough in his first spell and O'Hanlon has only been here since the last transfer window, so apart from bringing in another defender in the summer there really isn't much more he could gave done on the budget at his disposal - and I'm not convinced that one extra centre half would solve all our problems at the back anyway.

Allant1981
26-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Celtic only really have one quick player though and thats forrest. Stokes and hooper aint that quick so playing a high line shouldnt have been a problem if our defenders were any good. Thats the problem. Our centre halfs are very average players

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Hanlon and Booth IMO have played (on average) no better or worse than they were under Yogi, or in Booths case, under CC at the start of his reign. Simply that the level of expectation has increased quite dramatically on the pair of them.

The January transfer window he did what he could and brought in a couple of average players, somehow managing to get us on a little run which saved us from relegation.

Towell looked decent enough in his first spell and O'Hanlon has only been here since the last transfer window, so apart from bringing in another defender in the summer there really isn't much more he could gave done on the budget at his disposal - and I'm not convinced that one extra centre half would solve all our problems at the back anyway.

When the defence has been a major problem why only sign one central defender, who looks mince, but bring in 4 or 5 attackers, 3 or more midfielders. Booth has definately got worse under Calderwood and I would argue hanlon looks worse, probably because he is constantly changing position and partnership, again Calderwoods fault. Your right bring in an extra centre half wouldnt guarantee our problems being solved as his signings have been questionable. What exactly are you saying? Calderwood has done all he can? All the players that he has bought that are duds or not very good are not his fault. My point is that he has blown a lot of the budget on attacking players of which he cant really play all at the same time, leaving us exposed in defence.

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Celtic only really have one quick player though and thats forrest. Stokes and hooper aint that quick so playing a high line shouldnt have been a problem if our defenders were any good. Thats the problem. Our centre halfs are very average players

Look - we're saying the same thing - our defenders are not SPL standard by and large.

CC has had most of this defense (all bar O'Hanlon) since he took over. He has had two windows to rectiy this and he hasn't.

So to answer the question of "What more could he have done tonight" - plan ahead to have the right players to play tonight. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 09:56 PM

well for hooper not being that quick our defenders still didnt make up that much ground. If your centre halfs are very average you dont play a system that is suited to quick centre halfs that can read the game well.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-10-2011, 09:58 PM
So we were pumped by one of the Old Firm. Big deal, it's hardly something that's only happened under CC. I'm not CC's biggest fan but this result is not going to change my opinion of him. Celtic played well in the second half and would have beaten us under Mowbray, Collins, mixu or yogi.

A few weeks ago I didn't care whether CC stayed or not. Now BB has arrived I've seen some improvement. Small improvement, but it's still there. I say give him until Xmas and then make a decision.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 10:00 PM
So we were pumped by one of the Old Firm. Big deal, it's hardly something that's only happened under CC. I'm not CC's biggest fan but this result is not going to change my opinion of him. Celtic played well in the second half and would have beaten us under Mowbray, Collins, mixu or yogi.

A few weeks ago I didn't care whether CC stayed or not. Now BB has arrived I've seen some improvement. Small improvement, but it's still there. I say give him until Xmas and then make a decision.

Re the bit in bold, this is onme of the worst Celtic teams i can remember. Mowbrays team could have taken them apart quite easy, especially if they played like they did in the first half. Collins team would have had a very good chance against that Celtic team.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2011, 10:10 PM
When the defence has been a major problem why only sign one central defender, who looks mince, but bring in 4 or 5 attackers, 3 or more midfielders. Booth has definately got worse under Calderwood and I would argue hanlon looks worse, probably because he is constantly changing position and partnership, again Calderwoods fault. Your right bring in an extra centre half wouldnt guarantee our problems being solved as his signings have been questionable. What exactly are you saying? Calderwood has done all he can? All the players that he has bought that are duds or not very good are not his fault. My point is that he has blown a lot of the budget on attacking players of which he cant really play all at the same time, leaving us exposed in defence.

I don't remember Booth playing much under any other manager do how exactly has he got worse under CC?

Re your other points, I think we've already been over this; so I'd rather not repeat myself.

Winston Ingram
27-10-2011, 06:49 AM
What could Calderwood have done more tonight? Honestly, this has to be asked?

Ever since he came in to the club, the defense has been AWFUL. He has had over a year and two transfer windows to sort this.

What has he done?

Brought in O'Hanlon.

Thats it.

Nothing else.

What more could CC have done tonight? What about what should CC have been doing over the past 12 months?

...and knowing our defense is pony he opts to protect it with just 2 midfielders

Gatecrasher
27-10-2011, 06:51 AM

So your happy with what you saw last night then?

Cropley10
27-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Beyond shocking. If he tried and just wasn't very good then you might just about forgive the guy, but he thinks he is a footballer (and a billy big baws one at that). He is as poor an English import as we've had at ER in years and would struggle to hold a place in a 1st div team. Worse that that, his position means he's a liability to the team when he inevitably gives the ball away to the opposition. Get rid of him asap.

How do you know he's billy big baws? Is this another myth you read on here. He's f'in 19 years of age, a teenager, living in a City where he kens no-one. He played badly, he'll know that. It was Calderwoods fault for picking him and then not subbing him earlier.

We get the players we deserve with your sort of attitude.

Holmesdale Hibs
27-10-2011, 05:36 PM
So your happy with what you saw last night then?

I doubt any Hibs fan is happy with the state of our club at the moment.

My point was that I've been watching Hibs long enough not to be surprised when we get beat by one of the OF, and definitely long enough to know that if we do get beat then its not because the manager 'is trying to get sacked'.

Albion Hibs
27-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Agreed.

I dont think CC can take the blame for this, he put out a team and set tactics that for the first 45 mins were the better team, no doubt.

The same team came out at the start of the 2nd half, it is the players responsibility to give the same shift again and do there job, the game has two halves. They did not do that, they lost the game, certain ones especially, which ended up costing the team the fans and the manager.

HFC 0-7
27-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Agreed.

I dont think CC can take the blame for this, he put out a team and set tactics that for the first 45 mins were the better team, no doubt.

The same team came out at the start of the 2nd half, it is the players responsibility to give the same shift again and do there job, the game has two halves. They did not do that, they lost the game, certain ones especially, which ended up costing the team the fans and the manager.

If a manager chooses the players and buys the players and puts a team out that can fold in that manner and play that badly more often than not who's fault is that? Hibs looked Ok in the first half because Celtic played badly, they upped it in the second half and showed how badly hibs are. They closed us down quick and defended deeper from that point on we were lost, we couldnt keep the ball, we couldnt pass the ball and we couldnt defend. We then basically just chucked it. Calderwood is ultimately responsible.

HFC 0-7
27-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't remember Booth playing much under any other manager do how exactly has he got worse under CC?

Re your other points, I think we've already been over this; so I'd rather not repeat myself.

So what if he hasnt played under another manager. If he started off very well and then got worse then surely he has gotten worse under the manager.

tamig
27-10-2011, 09:19 PM
So what if he hasnt played under another manager. If he started off very well and then got worse then surely he has gotten worse under the manager.

Oh deary dear :rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
27-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Oh deary dear :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with what I said, the guy came into the squad full of promise and was playing very well, people in the footballing world were tipping him for big things, he then started playing badly, calderwood took an age to give him a rest, instead kept playing a young lad low on confidence and playing badly. these sorts of things can really effect how a young player progresses. I would definately say that He has gone backwards playing under Calderwood.

Albion Hibs
28-10-2011, 11:47 AM
If a manager chooses the players and buys the players and puts a team out that can fold in that manner and play that badly more often than not who's fault is that? Hibs looked Ok in the first half because Celtic played badly, they upped it in the second half and showed how badly hibs are. They closed us down quick and defended deeper from that point on we were lost, we couldnt keep the ball, we couldnt pass the ball and we couldnt defend. We then basically just chucked it. Calderwood is ultimately responsible.

only if you dislike him and your agenda is to have a go.

My concern pre-kick off was that we looked to offensive, in fairness to CC he was right, we took the game to them and perhaps should have gone in more than a goal to the good.

Based on that I am looking nowhere near the bench, I am looking at the 11 players on the park playing for the club.

HFC 0-7
28-10-2011, 12:02 PM
only if you dislike him and your agenda is to have a go.

My concern pre-kick off was that we looked to offensive, in fairness to CC he was right, we took the game to them and perhaps should have gone in more than a goal to the good.

Based on that I am looking nowhere near the bench, I am looking at the 11 players on the park playing for the club.

Re the part in bold, If he has bought players that arent performing and chose to keep ones and play ones that arent performing then whos fault is that? Are you saying its just bad luck? If we are at the wrong end of the table and failing to achieve the goals that the club have publicly stated for this season after supporting the manager by emptying players and signings new ones, who's fault is that? Bad luck?

I think you are saying that we were very good in the first half with the attacking football? Well, I would have to disagree, Celtic were terrible in the first half, making us look better than we are, as they were playing such a high line, they also missed chances and the score could have been 3-3 at half time. They changed their tactics in the second half by defending deeper and that was us done. It seems that calderwood can only stick with the tactics he sets out with at the start of the game and cant change it as it goes on. My concern pre kick off was that the defence looks terrible and changes every week. This defence should have been priority for calderwood but he hasnt addressed it, instead he has brought in about 4 forwards, which ultimately means he bought players to sit on the bench when we were crying out for players to play in the best 11. Also, Calderwood still doesnt seem to know what his best 11 is or players positions.

Albion Hibs
28-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Re the part in bold, If he has bought players that arent performing and chose to keep ones and play ones that arent performing then whos fault is that? Are you saying its just bad luck? If we are at the wrong end of the table and failing to achieve the goals that the club have publicly stated for this season after supporting the manager by emptying players and signings new ones, who's fault is that? Bad luck?

I think you are saying that we were very good in the first half with the attacking football? Well, I would have to disagree, Celtic were terrible in the first half, making us look better than we are, as they were playing such a high line, they also missed chances and the score could have been 3-3 at half time. They changed their tactics in the second half by defending deeper and that was us done. It seems that calderwood can only stick with the tactics he sets out with at the start of the game and cant change it as it goes on. My concern pre kick off was that the defence looks terrible and changes every week. This defence should have been priority for calderwood but he hasnt addressed it, instead he has brought in about 4 forwards, which ultimately means he bought players to sit on the bench when we were crying out for players to play in the best 11. Also, Calderwood still doesnt seem to know what his best 11 is or players positions.

Why dont you disappear and support Celtic. You seem to spend much of your post bumming them up, in so far as to say the only reason we were in the lead was not down to us, it was down to them. Funnily enough one of the vile rats from my work came out with exactly the same thing on the Thursday morning.

You are now rattling on about the league and other games, this was a comment relating to the game on Wednesday, again seems like you are just generally having a go at Calderwood.

tamig
28-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Whats wrong with what I said, the guy came into the squad full of promise and was playing very well, people in the footballing world were tipping him for big things, he then started playing badly, calderwood took an age to give him a rest, instead kept playing a young lad low on confidence and playing badly. these sorts of things can really effect how a young player progresses. I would definately say that He has gone backwards playing under Calderwood.

And how was he playing before CC? Not at all ffs. CC gave Booth his chance and his form only dipped towards the end of the season. He was dropped pretty swiftly this season when there were no signs of an improvement in form. What do you suggest CC should have done differently here?

Albion Hibs
28-10-2011, 12:18 PM
And how was he playing before CC? Not at all ffs. CC gave Booth his chance and his form only dipped towards the end of the season. He was dropped pretty swiftly this season when there were no signs of an improvement in form. What do you suggest CC should have done differently here?

I dont think he will suggest anything he just wants to have a go at CC.

Put another way, CC had two options, 1) continue to play him and 2) drop him. It would be interesting to hear how he thinks continualy playing would have affected him. Especially considering how much stick past managers have had for overplaying and killing the confidence of Wotherspoon.

Dinkydoo
28-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Yes, you are correct; but conveniently forgetting that CC was the one who gave Booth a chance to shine - and shine he did towards the end of last season.

Booth's level of performance has dropped since, but the level of expectation and the reliance on him to create something down that left flank has also risen dramatically. He - like Wotherspoon under Hughes - has broken into the team and had too large a responsibility placed on him right away, which when he has failed to deliver, has affected his confidence.

Although this partially can be attributed to the manager at the time, it is more to do with other players in the squad not pulling thier weight IMO.

Turn this into a negative towards our manager if you want, but at least recognise that the situation isn't quite as 'black and white' as "He's gotten worse under CC".

HFC 0-7
28-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Why dont you disappear and support Celtic. You seem to spend much of your post bumming them up, in so far as to say the only reason we were in the lead was not down to us, it was down to them. Funnily enough one of the vile rats from my work came out with exactly the same thing on the Thursday morning.

You are now rattling on about the league and other games, this was a comment relating to the game on Wednesday, again seems like you are just generally having a go at Calderwood.

where about do I do that? I actually think this is one of the worst Celtic teams in a while which makes the defeat all the worse. You are saying that the game on wednesday shouldnt be calderwoods fault because the players let him down. Fair enough if it was a one off but its not. If they are constantly not performing the way he wants then surely it must be down to him, thats why I brought up other games to put this one into context. I appreciate you are probably trying to see the positives but to make out that Celtic were not bad in the first half is just silly, wake up, hibs are a mess and Calderwood isnt showing any signs of turning it around. If we really want to get back to what this thread is all about then No, I dont think he is trying to get sacked.

HFC 0-7
28-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes, you are correct; but conveniently forgetting that CC was the one who gave Booth a chance to shine - and shine he did towards the end of last season.

Booth's level of performance has dropped since, but the level of expectation and the reliance on him to create something down that left flank has also risen dramatically. He - like Wotherspoon under Hughes - has broken into the team and had too large a responsibility placed on him right away, which when he has failed to deliver, has affected his confidence.

Although this partially can be attributed to the manager at the time, it is more to do with other players in the squad not pulling thier weight IMO.

Turn this into a negative towards our manager if you want, but at least recognise that the situation isn't quite as 'black and white' as "He's gotten worse under CC".

Which is what I mentioned in my post, I said that he shouldnt have put him in that position, but he did and continued to play him when his confidence was low which can really effect a young lad. I would say exactly the same thing about Wotherspoon in that Yogi played him far too much and it hasnt helped him and he is no where near what he used to be. Calderwood is responsible for his dip in form by doing exactly what you mention in your post by having too large a resposibility placed on him. At the first sign of the confidence going he should have been protected either by a system that would ensure it on the pitch (he was quite often exposed on the pitch) or putting him on the bench. Any manager should know that a defender can easily be targeted by opposition because of the position. He got targeted in a few games and Calderwood didnt react to it quick enough and his confidence took a beating. Do you think Booth is the same player as he was last season?

tamig
28-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Which is what I mentioned in my post, I said that he shouldnt have put him in that position, but he did and continued to play him when his confidence was low which can really effect a young lad. I would say exactly the same thing about Wotherspoon in that Yogi played him far too much and it hasnt helped him and he is no where near what he used to be. Calderwood is responsible for his dip in form by doing exactly what you mention in your post by having too large a resposibility placed on him. At the first sign of the confidence going he should have been protected either by a system that would ensure it on the pitch (he was quite often exposed on the pitch) or putting him on the bench. Any manager should know that a defender can easily be targeted by opposition because of the position. He got targeted in a few games and Calderwood didnt react to it quick enough and his confidence took a beating. Do you think Booth is the same player as he was last season?

And if he'd dropped him at the first sign of the dip in form you'd still have been slating CC. We all know it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you're not coming across very well in this debate.

HFC 0-7
28-10-2011, 01:26 PM
And if he'd dropped him at the first sign of the dip in form you'd still have been slating CC. We all know it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you're not coming across very well in this debate.

I am not talking about dropping him completely, just to the bench, bring him on at the end of a game or 2, possibly as an extra man in defence to shore things up etc. Play midfielders that could protect him instead of exposing him. I said when Booth started looking shaky that he should be rested as did others on here. You mentioned in your previous post the same thing happened with wotherspoon, I am sure Calderwood has seen it before in his career that you need to introduce young players gradually, so not really hindsight as we have seen it happen before. Do you think that calderwood didnt wait to long to give booth a break? Booth wasnt dropped swiftly IMO, he was left in for too long. I am probably not coming across well in this thread to you because I have a different opinion than yourself and Albion.

tamig
28-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I am not talking about dropping him completely, just to the bench, bring him on at the end of a game or 2, possibly as an extra man in defence to shore things up etc. Play midfielders that could protect him instead of exposing him. I said when Booth started looking shaky that he should be rested as did others on here. You mentioned in your previous post the same thing happened with wotherspoon, I am sure Calderwood has seen it before in his career that you need to introduce young players gradually, so not really hindsight as we have seen it happen before. Do you think that calderwood didnt wait to long to give booth a break? Booth wasnt dropped swiftly IMO, he was left in for too long. I am probably not coming across well in this thread to you because I have a different opinion than yourself and Albion.

I think he could maybe have dropped Booth a bit sooner. However, to say that the manager is to blame for the deterioration in Booth's form is a bit off the wall imo. That accusation of yours against CC is what annoys me.

Dinkydoo
28-10-2011, 06:30 PM

and I said, I felt the team around him should be taking some of the blame in your assessment of why Booth's form had deteriorated - again though, we seem to be going round in circles.

I am also of the opinion that when he did start showing signs of his low confidence, that CC removed him from the starting 11 quite quickly.
Ok, it wasn't right away, but he isn't a mind reader, and doesn't know what is going to happen during each upcoming game.

As Tamig has said, CC's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with some fans. If he'd taken Booth out the side immediately after a bad game there would no doubt be those who complained that he wasn't giving him time to learn from his mistakes, and that this was the cause of his decline in form.

He isn't blameless (in the Booth scenario and everything else) and he isn't my favourite person either at the moment. Like it or not though, we are improving, however painfully gradual it is.

Id rather try to look at the bigger picture to analyse and attempt to fathom out what the cause of our on-field problems are, rather than pin all our failings on the man in charge; one things for certain, if he is sacked, they aren't all going to magically diappear.