PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates hibs 1 vs 4 celtic

Pages : 1 [2]

Sylar
26-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Deary me - I stopped watching at half time as I had to go out and was quite impressed by how we looked - resilient, dangerous going forward and never in much danger.

Talk about a game of 2 halves!

Thank **** I had to go out...

Dan Sarf
26-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Lewis MacLeod

Huge Celtic Fan

Unbearable "hard man" drivel. Had to turn the sound off.

snooky
26-10-2011, 08:04 PM
What do we do on Saturday? Defensive or attacking formation? Attacking worked tonight in the first half, but we are too weak defensively and will concede goals.

Take the Blob's advice.

YehButNoBut
26-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Well that was abysmal

Time to watch a decent footie side

Real Madrid just kicked off on SS3 against Villareal

LancashireHibby
26-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Anyone else find it weirdly reassuring that we reverted to type for the second half? It was a strange and unfamiliar feeling to be justifiably in the lead at half-time. And what a team talk it must have been from CC!

Don Giovanni
26-10-2011, 08:06 PM
What do we do on Saturday? Defensive or attacking formation? Attacking worked tonight in the first half, but we are too weak defensively and will concede goals. Don't turn up (literally this time). Give them a 3 - 0 walkover. Otherwise they'll be out of site by half-time. CC GTF

YehButNoBut
26-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Well that was abysmal

Time to watch a decent footie side

Real Madrid just kicked off on SS3 against Villareal

Benzema makes it 1-0 after 5 mins

frazeHFC
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Griffiths 1 on 1. If only............?

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Don't turn up (literally this time). Give them a 3 - 0 walkover. Otherwise they'll be out of site by half-time. CC GTF

We will win and CC will be here for another six weeks.

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Agogo is shocking how he made it is beyond me

Plenty to criticise about that second half performance, but picking out Agogo is bizarre.

Andy74
Griffiths 1 on 1. If only............?

Not sure that would have made much odds in he end.

Saorsa
We will win and CC will be here for another six weeks.and lose 5 more games :agree:

Bobo
26-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Good 1st half where we would have been more than 1 goal up apart from poor finishing.

2nd half and Billy Big Spuds Palsson sells the jerseys, within a minute, and it's game over! The team then capitulate and our defense revert to being the shambles that it's been for the past 4 seasons!

O'Connors' head was so far up his arse that he was totally ineffective, Sproule then goes into headless chicken mode, everyone else hides and contrives to make a p!ss poor shower of *****e look like world beaters!!

First time I've walked out of a game, well before the end, in years. Christ knows why it's taken me so long :fuming:

We really are *****e !!!

steakbake
26-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Plenty to criticise about that second half performance, but picking out Agogo is bizarre.

Totally. There isn't a player on the park who gives as much as Agogo. Not sure why he's getting flack. On the park you have to look at Pallson but I think he knows that.

Don Giovanni
26-10-2011, 08:12 PM
We will win and CC will be here for another six weeks. Oi! Nae need for language like that! I've a good mind to report that post. I'll no sleep for thinking about CC being in cherge for another 6weeks... :jamboak:

Frazerbob
26-10-2011, 08:13 PM
There were calls from the supporters to sign most of them before he did.
Not trying to defend anyone, just how I see it. an opinion, that's all.

So it's the fans fault now? Calderwwod's team and tactics and he's is Petrie's employee. There you have the two people to blame.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Oi! Nae need for language like that! I've a good mind to report that post. I'll no sleep for thinking about CC being in cherge for another 6weeks... :jamboak:

Sorry!

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Good 1st half where we would have been more than 1 goal up apart from poor finishing.

2nd half and Billy Big Spuds Palsson sells the jerseys, within a minute, and it's game over! The team then capitulate and our defense revert to being the shambles that it's been for the past 4 seasons!

O'Connors' head was so far up his arse that he was totally ineffective, Sproule then goes into headless chicken mode, everyone else hides and contrives to make a p!ss poor shower of *****e look like world beaters!!

First time I've walked out of a game, well before the end, in years. Christ knows why it's taken me so long :fuming:

We really are *****e !!!

think it was hanlon that got ripped for Forests 1st goal and his second.

SkintHibby
26-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I feel sorry for Garry O'Connor.

The only half decent footballer at Hibernian.

Bobo

Think you'll find it was Palsson that gave the ball away cheaply in midfield before that, as he had already done on numerous occassions in the 1st half.

Andy74

We had easy possession before that and Palsson passed straight to them. He got away with the same first half but they missed the chance.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Think you'll find it was Palsson that gave the ball away cheaply in midfield before that, as he had already done on numerous occassions in the 1st half.

I wouldnt have blamed him for that goal though, yes he gave possesion away but it happens all the time thats why a defence is called a defence. Hanlon got roasted by morrison and never put a foot in. If you watch it back, Hanlons balance is shocking he nearly falls over when morrison changes direction. FWIW i thought pallson had a shocker in the 2nd half but wouldnt blame him for the goal.

truehibernian
26-10-2011, 08:25 PM
For me, I thought first half was the best we have played against either of the OF for a long time. Crisp passing, bite in tackle, pace, creativity and composure in the middle. The only player first half that was a weakness in my opinion was Palsson who lost cheap possession twice in quick succession. But super effort all round.

Second half Hanlon went from good to atrocious. Yes, Forrest is a good player, but Paul as he always does, stood off a pacey player and gave him acres. Osbourne and Palsson then forgot to defend tight and allowed Ki space (as did Agogo). Basically we forgot to defend in the middle.

When the third goes in, tie is over. But I do have to say that first half was a really really good 45. Let's face it, they have taken goals off many sides, and have good good players.

I wouldn't blame Calderwood tonight to be honest. I would just say the likes of young Paul, Nid and Vic got found out, and that Agogo isn't a midfielder who can give you a full 90 of endeavour.

For me Osbourne was again terrific, link up play from GOC first half great, and young Wotherspoon did well too. Stephens actually didn't do too much wrong.

In short, work rate dropped, and we were punished severely.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I wouldnt have blamed him for that goal though, yes he gave possesion away but it happens all the time thats why a defence is called a defence. Hanlon got roasted by morrison and never put a foot in. If you watch it back, Hanlons balance is shocking he nearly falls over when morrison changes direction. FWIW i thought pallson had a shocker in the 2nd half but wouldnt blame him for the goal.

I would. We had the ball then we gave it away. Wouldn't be much of a game if we just let the defence play against them really.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:27 PM
For me, I thought first half was the best we have played against either of the OF for a long time. Crisp passing, bite in tackle, pace, creativity and composure in the middle. The only player first half that was a weakness in my opinion was Palsson who lost cheap possession twice in quick succession. But super effort all round.

Second half Hanlon went from good to atrocious. Yes, Forrest is a good player, but Paul as he always does, stood off a pacey player and gave him acres. Osbourne and Palsson then forgot to defend tight and allowed Ki space (as did Agogo). Basically we forgot to defend in the middle.

When the third goes in, tie is over. But I do have to say that first half was a really really good 45. Let's face it, they have taken goals off many sides, and have good good players.

I wouldn't blame Calderwood tonight to be honest. I would just say the likes of young Paul, Nid and Vic got found out, and that Agogo isn't a midfielder who can give you a full 90 of endeavour.

For me Osbourne was again terrific, link up play from GOC first half great, and young Wotherspoon did well too. Stephens actually didn't do too much wrong.

Disagree on this, I though Celtic were just very poor, if you look back at the first half we had bags of space in midfield and we still gave possesion away a lot with bad passing a decision making. IMO, we did the same in the second half it was just Celtic that stepped it up and punished us more.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I would. We had the ball then we gave it away. Wouldn't be much of a game if we just let the defence play against them really.

team lose the ball all the time, doesnt mean that the defence still shouldnt do their job. Perhaps its both their faults.

MotherSuperior
26-10-2011, 08:30 PM
That was as grim a second half as it gets, and i blame the players not the manager for that. I know he signed the players and picked the team, but it was individual defensive errors that cost us dearly. We need an experienced leader who can organise and talk the younger heads through the game. The bottle went as as Celtic got their first. A big opportunity missed tonight ):

heretoday
26-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Disagree on this, I though Celtic were just very poor, if you look back at the first half we had bags of space in midfield and we still gave possesion away a lot with bad passing a decision making. IMO, we did the same in the second half it was just Celtic that stepped it up and punished us more.

I felt that Celtic stayed back more in the 2nd half and snuffed out Hibs' chance of a breakaway. After that, we had no constructive moves in attack. The appalling defence did the rest.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2011, 08:31 PM

A great, well balanced analysis. :aok:

Unfortunately tonight when we were good, we weren't good enough and when we were bad we were (as always) atrocious.

Andy74
26-10-2011, 08:35 PM
That was as grim a second half as it gets, and i blame the players not the manager for that. I know he signed the players and picked the team, but it was individual defensive errors that cost us dearly. We need an experienced leader who can organise and talk the younger heads through the game. The bottle went as as Celtic got their first. A big opportunity missed tonight ):

As a one off maybe but when you play that way ever week it is the manager's fault.

Hibs Class
26-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Just back now, stayed until 88 mins. Hugely disappointing second half after an enjoyable first half. Biggest individual let down, yet again, was Ivan. He has done it too often, and if he never played for us again it wouldn't bother me in the least. It isn't passion he plays with, just utter stupidity, simple as that. Pay up his contract and get him to pack his bags.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Its always bad defensive errors with us and he keeps changing the defence with the same outcome. Playing with the formation we did was always going to invite pressure from celtic. They stepped it up in the second half and they put pressure on us. Setting up the team in a way that can invite pressure on a defence that is shaky is suicide.

YehButNoBut
26-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote from CC after the game WTF :confused:

@ScotFootBlog (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScotFootBlog) Tom Hall
"We've let the air out of our own balloon today" says Colin Calderwood, while deflating.

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote from CC after the game WTF :confused:

@ScotFootBlog (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScotFootBlog) Tom Hall
"We've let the air out of our own balloon today" says Colin Calderwood, while deflating.

What a ****ing prick.

hibsbollah
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote from CC after the game WTF :confused: @ScotFootBlog (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScotFootBlog) Tom Hall "We've let the air out of our own balloon today" says Colin Calderwood, while deflating.He IS a balloon.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2011, 08:58 PM
What a ****ing prick.

a balloons worst nightmare

erin go bragh
26-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Yes mate im with you , first half we could have scored 3 or 4 .
Against the of you need to take your chances .

ggtth

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 09:05 PM
All I want to hear from CC is this:

"I apologise to the Hibs fans after such an embarrasing display. We were atrocious".

Because that's the truth - I'd ideally like to hear him resign, but the fud shouldn't be talking about balloons or sweeties or stepladders or whatever ****ing mindless term comes to his tiny mind, he should be profusely apologising.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I blame Willie Collum, stopped the match on 89 minutes, the comeback would have been on!

actually I was quite thankful he stopped it early

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I blame Willie Collum, stopped the match on 89 minutes, the comeback would have been on!

If he'd played the stoppage time we'd have done them 5-4. :agree:

Liberal Hibby
26-10-2011, 09:28 PM

I'm glad someone has a bit of perspective. We weren't that bad but some on here are only determined to see the negatives. I'm not convinced there was any Hibs defender to blame for either of Forrest's goals - they were pretty special bits of skill and in 9 games out of ten we won't see that level of skill. The commentators from the Beeb were bigging up McCourt as something special for Celtc - but we handled him easily.

Twiglet
26-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry but your just being silly.

Nowhere do I suggest it's the fans fault.

I am willing to take some of the blame on behalf of fans.:wink: Woman 2 rows in front of me asked if I needed to make so much noise, I told her that I was just supporting my team and she said "do you have to be so loud, you're shouting in my ear". I admit I was a bit quieter after that. So on that basis, I shall take some blame. :greengrin I then got louder as the match went on. She left after a hour.

I agree about the goal. Pallson should never have had the ball in the first place, why the ball was passed to him, I don't know. There was absolutely no space where he was.
Hanlon is a player I had high hopes for, but he kept pulling in tonight and letting Mark Wilson up the wing. He also does that type of defending that Gary Caldwell does of standing 6ft in front of the player with the ball with his arms out. Why doesn't he put a tackle in? He's got Murray there who can put a good, well-timed tackle in, surely he should be looking to him for tackling advice.

Franck Stanton
26-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Correct, imo Agogo had a good game, [well first half anyway], but what do I know. Certainly wasn't the worst player on the field by a long way. If only games lasted 45 min eh.

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 11:10 PM

The team must have been drugged with valium at half time, they were that poor in the second half.

Not good enough.

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 11:12 PM
He IS a balloon.

Aye, and its just burst.

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 11:15 PM

Maybe wee could ask for a replay as the whole 90 minutes were not played out to the end.. :greengrin

Or second thoughts maybe not.