PDA

View Full Version : Rooney's Rug (SHC)

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Just about the only good thing for Man U last week was Wayne Rooney's transplant. Looked a decent job. I was just thinking if the technology had been available years ago, whether Bobby Charlton might have availed himself of it. Had Bobby got himself a decent rug he would have been less jealous of George Best with the Irish genius's flowing locks. If he was less scornful and disapproving of Best, the sensitive Belfast genius might not have got so depressed and drunk so much. Therefore he would have had a longer career and Man U, and we'd have missed his colorful Hibernian swan song.

So, probably a good thing there were no hair transplants back then.

nonshinyfinish
25-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Just about the only good thing for Man U last week was Wayne Rooney's transplant. Looked a decent job. I was just thinking if the technology had been available years ago, whether Bobby Charlton might have availed himself of it. Had Bobby got himself a decent rug he would have been less jealous of George Best with the Irish genius's flowing locks. If he was less scornful and disapproving of Best, the sensitive Belfast genius might not have got so depressed and drunk so much. Therefore he would have had a longer career and Man U, and we'd have missed his colorful Hibernian swan song.

No faulting that logic.

nortonhibby
25-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Bald is cool these days look around more guys with shaved heids than flowing locks.Andy Watson would be a style icon these days.

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Bald is cool these days look around more guys with shaved heids than flowing locks.Andy Watson would be a style icon these days.

Bald Hibs XI

Keeper

Whittaker CD O'Hanlon LB

Watson MID MID Wilkins

Ally Scott Fletcher

Help me out here chaps - we seem to have lacked folicly challenged stars over the years. Two I recall are Hun imports and only O'Hanlon in the current line up can be said to be spammy. I know that Whittaker was only receding at ER and has since gone bald, inevitably at Rangers, and Fletch is pretty much going the same way at Wolves. A question for older Hibby's, did the legendary Willie Hamilton only go bald in the Jambo twilight of his career?

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Bald Hibs XI

Keeper

Whittaker CD O'Hanlon LB

Watson MID MID Wilkins

Ally Scott Fletcher

Help me out here chaps - we seem to have lacked folicly challenged stars over the years. Two I recall are Hun imports and only O'Hanlon in the current line up can be said to be spammy. I know that Whittaker was only receding at ER and has since gone bald, inevitably at Rangers, and Fletch is pretty much going the same way at Wolves. A question for older Hibby's, did the legendary Willie Hamilton only go bald in the Jambo twilight of his career?
Keeper Brian gunn.

Bristolhibby
26-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Other centre half - Good ole Rob Jones (or Colin Murder, shhhh).

J

Hibercelona
26-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Keeper Brian gunn.

I'd rather have John Burridge.

Sodje_18
26-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Bald Hibs XI

Keeper

Whittaker CD O'Hanlon LB

Watson MID MID Wilkins

Ally Scott Fletcher

Griffiths doesn't exactly have the best hairline? :greengrin
Wasn't Colin Murdock balding a bit when we had him? Canny remember as I was very young at the time.

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Gunn

Whittaker Jones O'Hanlon LB

Watson Wilkins MID MID

A Scott Fletcher

Manager: Jim Duffy

Three short.

conny1875
26-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Chic Charnley!

delacraig