PDA

View Full Version : Towell Unavailable

green glory
25-10-2011, 09:50 AM
According to Sky Ritchie Towell is unavailable for tomorrow's game against the soapless. Part of the loan deal I gather. Mark Brown expected back in goal too.

cocopops1875
25-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Towell no great loss on current form. Stack however is in my opinion

Hibbyradge
25-10-2011, 10:26 AM
It's not Celtic's fault, this time. The rules state that teams are not allowed to field loan players against their parent club.

I think this applies to all leagues and is designed to stop allegations of not trying/cheating by the loanee.

For example, imagine a scenario where it was the last game of the season and Celtic needed a victory to win the league.

It's the last minute and the game is all square. A Celtic player receives the ball in the 18 yard box and Richie mis-times a tackle to concede a penalty.

Richie would be accused of all sorts and he may even have been guilty of doing it deliberately!

OK, given that we'd need to be in the top 6 and Celtic would need to be better for this exact scenario to occur, but I'm sure you get my point.

Mikeystewart
25-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the rule that players are not allowed to play against there parent club is an SPL rule not necessarily club enforced.

Mikeystewart
25-10-2011, 10:28 AM
It's not Celtic's fault, this time. The rules state that teams are not allowed to field loan players against their parent club.

I think this applies to all leagues and is designed to stop allegations of not trying/cheating by the loanee.

For example, imagine a scenario where it was the last game of the season and Celtic needed a victory to win the league.

It's the last minute and the game is all square. A Celtic player receives the ball in the 18 yard box and Richie mis-times a tackle to concede a penalty.

Richie would be accused of all sorts and he may even have been guilty of doing it deliberately!

OK, given that we'd need to be in the top 6 and Celtic would need to be better for this exact scenario to occur, but I'm sure you get my point.

beat me to it :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Actually, I think loan players are allowed to play against their parent club in cup competitions in England.

The rule only applies to league games.

Hfc_Since1875
25-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I dont think theres a rule as such, Im sure its just a gentlemans agreement that they dont play the loan player

Franck is God
25-10-2011, 12:06 PM
It will be in the loan contract as well as league rules that he won't be allowed to play against Celtic in any competition.

As for Brown playing, he has played in the ties so far and saved the penalties to get us here so it's only right that he should get the nod tonight.

Albion Hibs
25-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Not ideal as I thought he did well on Saturday over the 90 mins. I think it has to be Wotherspoon at RB that is still his best position for me.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2011, 12:14 PM
It will be in the loan contract as well as league rules that he won't be allowed to play against Celtic in any competition.

As for Brown playing, he has played in the ties so far and saved the penalties to get us here so it's only right that he should get the nod tonight.

Yes but I bet he would rather get the nod for tomorrow night!

Franck is God
25-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes but I bet he would rather get the nod for tomorrow night!

Just so excited about the game I wish it was tonight.....