PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Important Cup Tie Details (All Ticket, 7:15pm Kick Off)

RSS Bot
25-10-2011, 09:10 AM
All-ticket match kicks off at 7.15pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111025/important-cup-tie-details_2262950_2493093)

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2011, 10:35 AM
well that should all but guarantee a low turnout? Well done Hibs.

Bob Box Fish
25-10-2011, 10:55 AM
5-6k hibbies and 3900 or so smellies <10k

Makaveli
25-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I know it's the rules, but the rules are stupid. When was there last trouble with Celtic at ER, 1988? We don't like them, they don't really care about us: there's nothing like the venom for Hearts and the Huns. Their end probably won't even be full so why would any of them try to get into the Hibs end anyway? Far more chance of trouble for friendlies vs Sunderland and the like which aren't cat A.

The policy really needs looked at. Why put up more barriers when it's already on TV?

Peevemor
25-10-2011, 11:00 AM
well that should all but guarantee a low turnout? Well done Hibs.

Hibs will have had no say in the matter. The 7.15 kick-off will be a TV thing and no cash gates is a police condition. I reckon Hibs will be as upset as the supporters.

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I know it's the rules, but the rules are stupid. When was there last trouble with Celtic at ER, 1988? We don't like them, they don't really care about us: there's nothing like the venom for Hearts and the Huns. Their end probably won't even be full so why would any of them try to get into the Hibs end anyway? Far more chance of trouble for friendlies vs Sunderland and the like which aren't cat A.

The policy really needs looked at. Why put up more barriers when it's already on TV?

Cos it wouldnt be Hibs if we did´nt?

greenlex
25-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I know it's the rules, but the rules are stupid. When was there last trouble with Celtic at ER, 1988? We don't like them, they don't really care about us: there's nothing like the venom for Hearts and the Huns. Their end probably won't even be full so why would any of them try to get into the Hibs end anyway? Far more chance of trouble for friendlies vs Sunderland and the like which aren't cat A. The policy really needs looked at. Why put up more barriers when it's already on TV? What barriers? Go and buy a ticket if you want to go.

Makaveli
25-10-2011, 11:45 AM
What barriers? Go and buy a ticket if you want to go.

I'm not talking about me.

There was a guy on here the other day looking for help with a ticket as he'd only ever walked up and wasn't on the database. Unless someone sorted him out he can't go to the game. Barrier, no?

Others who are on the database might not have time to get down to the ticket office. Your world where they can saunter down at the drop of a hat does sound nice though. They might grudge the £1.50 online booking fee, and why shouldn't they? Confirming this a day before the game hardly gives them much time to sort out a ticket.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Confirming this a day before the game hardly gives them much time to sort out a ticket.

It's common practice that they will have only been given a definite answer at this stage, no doubt dependant on Celtc's sales which will have influenced the police's standpoint. Knowing how these things work, I'm sure the club will have pushed it as much as possible to have cash gates etc, but if the police say no then they're left with little choice - at least there is the facility to buy on the day, albeit from the ticket office, which is something that hasn't been an option in previous years if memory serves me right.

Franck is God
25-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm not talking about me.

There was a guy on here the other day looking for help with a ticket as he'd only ever walked up and wasn't on the database. Unless someone sorted him out he can't go to the game. Barrier, no?

Others who are on the database might not have time to get down to the ticket office. Your world where they can saunter down at the drop of a hat does sound nice though. They might grudge the £1.50 online booking fee, and why shouldn't they? Confirming this a day before the game hardly gives them much time to sort out a ticket.

Anyone can get on to the database, that would be as simple as a phone call. The clubs wants everyone on it so they can send direct marketing stuff & offers.

Also pretty sure that the tickets have been available for a while and I can't remember the last game against Rangers, Celtic or Hearts that wan't all ticket and any Hibs fan using ignorance for not having a ticket had no real intention of going anyway so not much of a fan in my eyes.

flash
25-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Wait a minute is there a chance it might be dark/windy/Wednesday/45 minutes each way/all ticket like every other game V Celtic in living memory? (delete as appropriate).

Right that settles it there's no danger i am going.

murray26
25-10-2011, 12:25 PM
What about the out of town fans who cant just nip into the ticket office, i live in Falkirk and would probaly have ended up going but the Police/Hibs have taken the decision out my hands, totally needlessly i might add.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2011, 12:33 PM
What about the out of town fans who cant just nip into the ticket office, i live in Falkirk and would probaly have ended up going but the Police/Hibs have taken the decision out my hands, totally needlessly i might add.

You can still buy them on the night in person at the ticket office. Or online. Or over the phone.

murray26
25-10-2011, 12:39 PM
You can still buy them on the night in person at the ticket office. Or online. Or over the phone.

Didn't know that mate, they should have maybe made that clear, i may now go as thats as good as having a pay at the gate.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Didn't know that mate, they should have maybe made that clear, i may now go as thats as good as having a pay at the gate.

The article in the OP says "Please purchase tickets in advance to avoid any queues at the Ticket Office on the night." so I hope I'm correct in my assumption! Agree it would make sense if they just put it clearly though.

Makaveli
25-10-2011, 12:48 PM
That you can buy a ticket on the night is good, didn't see that in the article (if it's there), and means it's essentially PATG for 99% of fans. Good.

The database isn't as simple as a phonecall or visit though - you have to have bought tickets before for a cat B game. Again, almost everyone who would be interested.. but even if only a few people can't go -- like the guy posting the other day, groups of tourists as there have been before, casual fan who feels like going along to a QF -- it's costing Hibs money and reducing the attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
25-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I should be alright to wander down to the Ticket office tomorrow morning and pick up a ticket eh? Don't trust the online thingy :greengrin

Broken Gnome
25-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Did anyone interested in going REALLY believe that a cup quarter final against Celtic would be pay at the gate??

Come on now...

Judas Iscariot
25-10-2011, 04:10 PM
So it's sorta pay at the gate but no & you'll need to get to ER for about 6:30 & wait to get served by the ticket dispenserererer..

So leaving at 6:40 ish really means leaving about 6ish due to rush hour traffic to get there with time to burn to stand in the large que..

Not possible for me & 3 others in my party...

hughio
25-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Did anyone interested in going REALLY believe that a cup quarter final against Celtic would be pay at the gate??

Come on now...

I may be a dope but I did think the Club would do as much as possible to maximise the attendance both from the point of view of encouraging the team and maximising income.
This might be our biggest game of the season.If we don't win what will the fans have to look forward to?

Can anyone explain what the hell a pay at the gate facility has to do with the police?
There will be about 10 thousand there,
Trouble on a wet Wednesday in Autumn....?.:rolleyes:

Buy tickets only at the Office so we know you from the database!!!!!
I think this has all got completely ridiculous!

SunshineOnLeith
25-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I was going to take a friend of mine who's only recently moved to Scotland, and has never been to a football match in Scotland before. But, as he's not on the database, I can't.

weecounty hibby
25-10-2011, 06:46 PM
This evening I decided to take my son to the game. I assumed it was 7.45 ko. I have told him we will be going and was going to call the TO tomorrow and buy tickets. All well and good I hear you say, well not really. I work in Leven in Fife, finish work at 5pm, 1 hour journey back home to Alloa to pick up son. At least an hour journey to ER gets me there at 7pm earliest. I then have to try to get ticket, if the TO is still open up to 15mins before ko that is.

So in short it looks like Hibs are 2 fans and at least £30 short of where they could be and I have one very upset kid.

Well done Hibs, SFL, police and TV. Football will die on it's arse if they don't wake up and smell the coffee. Can you imagine the theatre, pictures, ten pin alleys etc etc making it as difficult to attend

hughio
25-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Posts 21 and 22 say it all.

Will someone at the Club please listen?
Fans are what it's all about- not TV money nor so-called "security".

RoxburghHibs
25-10-2011, 06:59 PM
This evening I decided to take my son to the game. I assumed it was 7.45 ko. I have told him we will be going and was going to call the TO tomorrow and buy tickets. All well and good I hear you say, well not really. I work in Leven in Fife, finish work at 5pm, 1 hour journey back home to Alloa to pick up son. At least an hour journey to ER gets me there at 7pm earliest. I then have to try to get ticket, if the TO is still open up to 15mins before ko that is.

So in short it looks like Hibs are 2 fans and at least £30 short of where they could be and I have one very upset kid.

Well done Hibs, SFL, police and TV. Football will die on it's arse if they don't wake up and smell the coffee. Can you imagine the theatre, pictures, ten pin alleys etc etc making it as difficult to attend

Call the TO tomorrow through the day and purchase two tickets. Just pick them up before kick-off. I have done this a few times and the queue is never more than 5 or 6 people long for collections.

RoxburghHibs
25-10-2011, 07:01 PM
So it's sorta pay at the gate but no & you'll need to get to ER for about 6:30 & wait to get served by the ticket dispenserererer..

So leaving at 6:40 ish really means leaving about 6ish due to rush hour traffic to get there with time to burn to stand in the large que..

Not possible for me & 3 others in my party...

Nah as long as you are there for 7pm you will get a ticket and be seated in the stadium for KO.

RoxburghHibs
25-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I was going to take a friend of mine who's only recently moved to Scotland, and has never been to a football match in Scotland before. But, as he's not on the database, I can't.

You can buy him a ticket as long as you are on the database - don't think there is a limit to how many tickets you can purchase. Take your friend along - every fan helps!!

flash
25-10-2011, 07:07 PM
It's been a 7.15 kick off for weeks and it IS the Police who insist on all ticket games. I sometimes wonder if people walk around in their own personal fog.

NYHibby
25-10-2011, 07:18 PM

I agree. The people on this board just want to bitch.

As pointed out above, 21 could buy his friend the ticket.

The dad has a number of options to buy the tickets that would work.

This really isn't that complicated. It's not like this policy is new yet we get the same threads before every game against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

The Club even has a website that explains how to buy tickets.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10290,00.html

weecounty hibby
25-10-2011, 09:19 PM
It's been a 7.15 kick off for weeks and it IS the Police who insist on all ticket games. I sometimes wonder if people walk around in their own personal fog.

Thanks for the constructive reply. Yes unbelievable as it may seem to you I only realised when I looked at the official site tonight that it was a 7.15 ko. It's not something I even considered.

weecounty hibby
25-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I agree. The people on this board just want to bitch.

As pointed out above, 21 could buy his friend the ticket.

The dad has a number of options to buy the tickets that would work.

This really isn't that complicated. It's not like this policy is new yet we get the same threads before every game against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

The Club even has a website that explains how to buy tickets.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10290,00.html

Again thanks for a constructive reply. As you are so clever can you tell me how I get home from work, then back to Edinburgh, park the car, walk to ER, pick up the tickets and all in time to actually get to the ticket office beore it closes. And I think it is new to have a 7.15 ko, never heard of it bfore

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2011, 09:26 PM

If you're on the database you can buy the ticket for him.

iwasthere1972
25-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Real fitba fans will know it's all ticket and will be on the Hibs database. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2011, 09:53 PM
If you wanna go you'll get there!

iwasthere1972
25-10-2011, 10:04 PM
If you wanna go you'll get there!

:agree:

Some folk just like to moan and get their excuses in quick for not being able to go.

It's only half an hour earlier than the "normal" evening kick off time and I wouldn't think that there would be a wait of more than 5-10 minutes to get a ticket from the ticket office. Okay you have to be on the database (or know someone :wink:) but I would think that would apply to the majority of Hibs fans.

Surprised Hibs didn't take the opportunity of saying that anyone attending this game and in receipt of a ticket stub will have preference for a semi final ticket should we hump Celtic.

:flag: :flag:

Albion Hibs
25-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Will someone at the Club please listen?
Fans are what it's all about- not TV money nor so-called "security".

The game is essentially pay on the gate, post 22 has more of an issue with the kick off time, which I would agree with, albeit it is only 30 mins different. I work in Falkirk so it will mean a bit of additional hassle getting through, unless I can sort something to be in edinburgh for the end of the day. However with regards to your "security" comment it is all fair and well saying that, but a few idiots decided to do something stupid and I am sure the parents, quite rightly, would be the first to complain.

I dont think the ticket matter is one which realistically causes people to stay away, sounds like a naff excuse and a reason for having a go at the club....who have not control over the situation. Something many seem to be missing.

joe breezy
26-10-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm coming up from London for the game and my mate is driving up from Merthyr, I was on the database years ago - all the games recently I have used a spare ST, was at Dunfermline but has been a while since I bought a ticket via database, we better get in, I hope...

Spike Mandela
26-10-2011, 04:27 AM

Weecounty you could get the wife to put the wee man on the bus and you could go to ER straight from your work. We would keep an eye on him till you get there.

Contact me if that suits.

Joe Baker II
26-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Hibs will have had no say in the matter. The 7.15 kick-off will be a TV thing and no cash gates is a police condition. I reckon Hibs will be as upset as the supporters.

No, there have been cash gates in recent times for some Old Firm games, saying it is a police call just a get out for Hibs as there is nothing to stop them lobbying strongly for the facility. If police are really stopping this, club should and I think would be attacking them publicly, real problem again is mindset of Hibs officials. Police do not have authority to make games all ticket, the norm for making games v OF all ticket at ER was another duff decision by the Duff/Gray regime. If people like O'Hagan are getting pressure from police they do not have to accede to it and they deserve contempt if they do.

I know tonight is effectively pay at the gate for Hibs fans as can buy att he ground but one has to read hard on web site but one really has to ask what imbecile at the club decided to head the web link "All Ticket game" - yet again Hibs seem to be doing their best to deter supporters from turning up.

And absolutely ludicrous that away supporters cannot as far as I can tell buy tickets at the ground unless I have missed something although ER will be half full - again I doubt this is police dictat but if it is Hibs should be shouting loud about this publicly.

LancashireHibby
26-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Police do not have authority to make games all ticket

Trust me, they do.

Joe Baker II
26-10-2011, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=flash;2957513]it IS the Police who insist on all ticket games.QUOTE]

And evidence for this is what?

They have no powers to do so, they can only recommend - clubs are totally entitled to reject.

LancashireHibby
26-10-2011, 06:18 PM
it IS the Police who insist on all ticket games.

And evidence for this is what?

They have no powers to do so, they can only recommend - clubs are totally entitled to reject.

If the clubs 'reject' then the police will refuse to sanction the game going ahead and it is played behind closed doors. I sit in these meetings every fortnight so I know exactly the situation and difficulties that Hibs face.